Page 185 of 440 FirstFirst ... 85135175180183184185186187190195235285 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    D'Endrrah: first appearance 1988
    Ghroth: 1964
    Xexanoth: 1934
    Daoloth: 1964

The older the better, but also the more popular the better. Daoloth is pretty well known and liked nowadays. Enough that even I used it in a sheet.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Hua Mulan is a bit of an interesting take, but fair enough. The Morrigan, I kinda feel if we're going with a Fate:style fighting game having a goddess would kinda work a bit better as a bonus boss or extra character rather than main one (then again I really don't know fighting games all that well, but on the surface level unless you're going to give a reason why a goddess is able to be beaten or lose aside from just either "not taking it seriously" or "being worfed", I feel it might be a bit of a case of "why have a goddess at all in that role?"), but it also could work. As for Fish, we'll if you're that set on it then I can't stop you.
    Funny story regarding The Morrigan and balancing- When I was originally planning this out, the Lancer slot was originally occupied by a Lancer variation of Zenobia! The whole thing was born out a conversation I had at an FGC weekly local about a fate fighting game roster in September or so- she was then revealed as an archer about a month later. Eventually, I scrapped the idea of her there, because I was thinking about the story setting, and a very notable issue arose: The only really super-heavy hitters one team had was Armstrong, who immediately fucks off to the moon, and then Gotz and Mulan are pretty decent, but nothing special. Assassin Simo is good for eliminations, but he's in no way a frontline fighter- and Caster and Berserker are summoned by two outside parties, not the main force composing team 1. They're low on raw power, and while that can work for an underdog feeling, it presented an impossibility with two of the selections on the other team:
    Percival, and much more so, Raikou
    As most of the KotR are, Percival's built like a fucking Panzer, plus he has access to self-healing, a turbo boost as long as he's working with/protecting someone, and goddamn Longinus, which is insane, even with limiters.
    Raikou though, is fucking MONSTROUS. Insane base parameters, Madness Enhancement EX, Mana burst, and A+ anti-army NP, and very notably, Mystery-Slayer at A rank.

Between the two, I think they're more than equal to taking on a Goddess and her reasonably formidable subordinate- Hell, they even start with their Caster backing them up, though I have them being planned to fall during the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Seems decent enough story wise. I do have a few concerns like maybe Armstrong not being a strong enough pick for a bonus boss, but it could work. As for the Beast / Rival / Grand final boss, really it depends all on the kind of note or way you want the fighting game to end and the way things play out as really having any of them as the final boss could work.

If you go a Vergil & Dante (DMC3) route wherein the first rival battle bascially is either a case of the rival being "I'm hardly even trying here" then once you deplete their healthbar or win the fight then havign them be like "Ok now I'm actually going to put in some effort in fighting you" (then leading either to a hopeless battle [or maybe if you wanted to be cheeky a near-hopeless battle with a secret ending for each character if you actually manage to win it, which possibly could lead to unlocking those secret endings being a requirement to the Foreigner Bonus Boss possibly an alter of Scheherazade1] or a cutsence battle where you instantly lose this then could lead into a later rematch where you make more headway, and the final battle with them at the game's end showing how far both your character and the player has come). The Beast Route could work in the same way Galactus from Ultimate Marvel versus Capcom 3 works or the Final boss of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultimate Suplex, something more akin ti a monster or a force of nature than an actual human as the final boss. The Grand Route could work in a sort of Street Fighter 2 or 3 way, a incredibly powerful final foe, who is still ultimately humanoid.

1 possessed by either
    • Azathoth, revealing this whole sotry was all just a creation of his "wandering mind"
    • D'endrrah (I'm not sure if they are considered part of the "main canon" or not) revealing that they made this whole tornoment (which I presume involves a holy grail) to gather enough energy to create another body for themselves to manifest on earth after Cuthlu destroyed their original one and devour it
    • Ghroth (I'm not sure if they are considered part of the "main canon" or not) revealing that they created this alternate reality and intend to use the grail to circumvent Alaya's protection of the "prime" Earth (which prevented them from fully invading and destroying it) by taking this alternate earth and then using the grail to mimic the 2nd magic and crash this parallel world into the "prime" earth, destroying the "prime" earth
    • Magnum Innominandum/Darkness who reveals this was all an elaborate plan for it to gain a body because despit it's unfathomable power it cannot manifest a physcial form in the real world only "managing to cast a etheral shaodw in the form of mist on our world". Depending on the outcome of the fight it ends with Darkness getting a body, then realizing it had no step B (Step A: Get a Body, Step B: ??????, Step C: Invade & Rule the Prime Earth, Step D: Profit) and is trapped with a physcial body on an alternate earth. If it loses then the playable character actually poinys out after their evil rant from being defeated they had no step B or way of getting out of this alternate world, so they would have been trapped anyways, and then they throughly defeated and humiliated elect to remove their infleunce from Scheherazade
    • Daoloth (I'm not sure if they are considered part of the "main canon" or not) who orchastrated this whole plot for "reasons unknowable and unfathomable to mortal minds"
    • Xexanoth (I'm not sure if they are considered part of the "main canon" or not) who did this all to spite Yog-Sothoth as this world is one that "He can neither look into, nor interfere with. An eternal unvanishing black spot in his infinite eternal vision of space-time. For one as obsessed with control as him, the very existence of it, something he can see, but not observe, that he knows exists, but cannot interfere with, that would be an insult, and a torture more perfect than any other."
    • This one is entirely a joke (possibly acessed through imputting a button combination) but that of the collective manifestation of the minds of the Typemoon Fandom itself (called The Unfathomable Watchers) who orchastrated and did all this because they were bored and LB 7 is taking too long to release. This whole ending is then played out as a joke, breaking the 4th wall and saking the player if they enjoyed the game and such.
    Motherfucker, how the shit did you know Scheherazade was my favorite caster? I might legitimately have to take your design inspo here, because that's fly as fuck.
    However, I DO have a reason for the war to happen, which is a group of 5 magi of relatively fresh bloodlines want to be able to wish that humanity, or at least they themselves, could naturally increase one's magical circuit quality, instead of breeding for it. They try to pull a fast one by starting a war over a fragment of the grail in New Orleans, but it leaks out, and the other team forms from established magi groups trying to stop them. Additionally, the masters of team 1's Caster and Berserker, who I mentioned weren't with the main body of 5, are The President of the united states, who's tired of this wizard shit blowing up cities in his country (referencing strange/fake), and a true crime-obsessed idiot who tries to hold a séance to find out the identity of the zodiac killer, but fucks it up so badly they summon Fish

- - - Updated - - -

I should also state- If this sounds batshit stupid, it's because this all came together when I was in a fugue state over spring break at college from being sick, and my roommate and his buddies had turned the apartment into a hookah lounge because the one nearby got shot up like a week or so prior. I was having mad fever dreams.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I unironically love those messed-up accidental summonings. Gotta wonder what sort of intricately bullshit fuck-ups could lead to a guy summoning an equally bullshit Servant.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    If the president doesn't have the looks and mannerism of senator Armstrong then I'll be disappointed in you.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Ah, I unironically love those messed-up accidental summonings. Gotta wonder what sort of intricately bullshit fuck-ups could lead to a guy summoning an equally bullshit Servant.
    Funnily enough, that’s how the President gets Gatsby, a Faker pretending to be a caster. His wife is a magus, and she helps him set up a summoning ritual after he gets briefed by the magecraft division of the CIA on what happened out in Nevada. Word of New Orleans gets out, and he’s not having more shit like this happen, so he uses the summoning ritual with a bunch of artifacts related to exemplary Americans, a book of classic literature included, just heaped in a pile in the circle. Because there’s so much shit there, and desire to simply stop his country from getting blown by magic bullshit, he summons a nonstandard class servant in place of caster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    If the president doesn't have the looks and mannerism of senator Armstrong then I'll be disappointed in you.
    He’s literally a fusion of Armstrong and Obama, don’t worry. Since he’s not a mage, he actually uses a mystic code to draw mana from, which basically just looks and functions like nanomachines.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    "Fuck all these limpdick servants and chicken shit magi! Fuck this 24/7 spew of heroic spirit and Mage bullshit!"

"Mystic codes son! They harden in response to trauma! You can't hurt me!"

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    He’s literally a fusion of Armstrong and Obama, don’t worry. Since he’s not a mage, he actually uses a mystic code to draw mana from, which basically just looks and functions like nanomachines.
    "Fuck all these limpdick servants and chicken shit magi! Fuck this 24/7 spew of heroic spirit and Mage bullshit!"

Someone kill me, I can't seem to stop laughing at this. By god do I want to see this so badly now. If this is the type zani shit in this fighting game, I am so along for the full ride.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

You have no idea how close you are: the first fight of the war is Jalter spawning in on Airforce 1, and going after Gatsby because she can see that he’s an irregular class. Because he’s super weak until he can get into a couple of fights, President Carraway literally steps in and punches her out of the goddamn plane. Dude literally does the meme where he just no-sells her attacks to defend his servant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Someone kill me, I can't seem to stop laughing at this. By god do I want to see this so badly now. If this is the type zani shit in this fighting game, I am so along for the full ride.
    I mean, you’ll probably have to wait half a year for the first release with like, 3 characters, but I’m pretty serious about making it

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I believe in you. I believe in your ability to make a story more stupid and awesome than FGO’s story.

BTW are you gonna start making mage sheets for the five magi, the president and the master of berserker?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I believe in you. I believe in your ability to make a story more stupid and awesome than FGO’s story.

BTW are you gonna start making mage sheets for the five magi, the president and the master of berserker?
    Thank you for the support brother, I’ll try not to disappoint!~

And yeah! I do plan on it, but it’ll be after I make the remaining 7 (possibly 8 with that kino Schez idea) servant profiles. I wanna do the designs with the initial posts from now on, so I can have concrete concepts at the ready from a visual standpoint. I’m about halfway through Morri’s, so I’ll probably post her sheet by tomorrow if all goes well.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Which outer god do you want to go for with your (possible) Scheherazade sheet? I’m inclined to go for azathoth do to them both being dreamers, magnum or xexanoth due to them having more story potential.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    At the moment before I do research (on a treadmill rn) I’d probably go with Azathoth, as, iirc, his deal is that he sleeps and dreams the universe into existence- and I think the fact that Scheherazade survived by reading to her husband, King Shahryar, until he slept, is an interesting point to build a Foreigner Alter off of. But again, gotta research properly, so that’s my tentative answer

Blog Entries
    Azathoth is too much of a big deal to actually make a serious foreigner imo. Just too powerful among the powerful and he is called the blind idiot god for a reason. Foreigners are a vessel for the intention of invading. Aza just sleeps and dreams this stuff up. For what reason would he make a vessel if he could just do it himself somehow.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Azathoth is too much of a big deal to actually make a serious foreigner imo. Just too powerful among the powerful and he is called the blind idiot god for a reason. Foreigners are a vessel for the intention of invading. Aza just sleeps and dreams this stuff up. For what reason would he make a vessel if he could just do it himself somehow.
    That's an incredibly good point- I'm home now, so I'll research some alternatives

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I just wanted to get some opinions of the Singularity that my Caster Tolkien sheet is going to be a part of. Here is a quick summary of what I've got.

Pseudo-Singularity: Chessboard Reality Without Complexity: Disneyland
    Date: A.D. 1940
    Humanity Foundation Value: -

When Chaldea detected Demon God Pillar Dantalion's end in operation, they assumed it was no longer functional. In truth, Dantalion was able to escape the Temple of Time, going on to try carry out the Human Order Correction Ritual much like another pillar who survived. Acknowledging that a salvation could not remove negative concepts like pain and despair, Dantalion decided to utilise the twisted idea of an ancient village on a much larger scale.

Waiting for a moment in history with a great concentration of negative concepts, Dantalion brought forth two Caster class servants that he thought would be able to create the needed phenomenon working together. However, upon presenting his idea, both were in opposition. Enraged, Dantalion attempted to use his powers to force them to work for him. Yet, he only ensnared one, the Caster who had hesitated longest in his refusal, while the other managed to trick him and escape. Settling with what he had, he used his power and connections contained within his puppet Casters saint graph to create a new form of the servant. Caster, now Ruler, was now capable of everything he was required to, though in a much rougher fashion.

Dantalion and Ruler created a new texture that slowly expanded across the world. Within this texture, new universal laws existed that defined people as HUMAN or DEMON, with a vast majority of people being designated in the prior category. Those with this designation would achieve a near utopian existence. Making up the difference, that little negativity was routinely stripped from them and forced upon summoned defined as DEMON. While change in definition was possible, a HUMAN could only become a DEMON, and not vice versa.

To stop DEMONs from killing HUMANs, some HUMANs had the Spirit Origins of powerful existences attached to them, such as Elementals, Divine Spirits and Heroic Spirits. This would overwrite their existence and replace it with that of the spirit, although sometimes with some personality changes to keep them in their category. These new heroes were called VALIANT DEFENDERs.

To further make it easy for the VALIANT DEFENDERs to keep HUMANs alive, an opposing force that ruled over DEMONs was formed. WICKERED MONARCHs, broken down into WITCH QUEENs and TYRANT KINGs came into existence through the same process as VALIANT DEFENDERs, although with DEMONs. While making these existences gave the offence more power, it concentrated DEMONs, making it easier to eradicate them all. Further laws were put into place to govern these higher beings, however a bug arose in the system. VALIANT DEFENDERs still could fall, and with the laws skewed to heavily boost their power, when they fell they didn't become WICKED MONARCHs. Instead, they were APOCALYPSE DRAKEs.

Unlike normal, Chaldea picked up on this one a bit late, so the new texture encompasses a Hemisphere of the world centered on Burbank, California.

So, what I want to ask is, does this run to close to any of the canon Singularities? When looking back after making this, it feels to me it falls a bit close to Salem and Agartha.

Blog Entries
    Its too large scale for a demon pillar
    The EoR Singularities are for scale and are roughly city-scaled at most.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gonna research more into them individually because I'm just going off a Wikipedia list, but these are my current frontrunners, all trying to manifest via the power of the grail
    Apocolothoth, The Moon God- for the obvious reason of being a fight on the moon, and I think it would be interesting with her incessant desire for safety, if he promised she could take peaceful residence in his lunar realm
    Gurathnaka, Eater of Dreams, Shadow of the Night- a shadowy figure from the dreamlands, I think that it would be rather interesting if it made a pact with Schez in order to first feed off the dreams of her husband
    Lexur'iga-serr'roth, He Who Devours All in the Dark- Since this is an alter, I think it would be interesting to interpret the titular Arabian Nights as something Schez wanted, with her husband asleep and unable to protect his kingdom, casting her as an evil figure instead of the hero
    Mormo, The Thousand-Faced Moon- similar to Apocolothoth in reasoning, and since she's apparently served by moon-beasts, I think they could be promised to her for eternal protection
    Perse- "...and contact traumatized humans, with hidden artistic talent, to spread both chaos and despair across the world.". Seems like Schez is a good target
    Summanus, Monarch of the Night, The Terror that Walketh in Darkness- Similar to Lexur'iga or the moonies, a deity of night that would promise safety in their care
    The Cloud-Thing- Big Cloud. This is purely from a design standpoint because it reminds me of her current 3rd ascension, not at totally serious contender, i just like the name

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Unlike normal, Chaldea picked up on this one a bit late, so the new texture encompasses a Hemisphere of the world centered on Burbank, California.

So, what I want to ask is, does this run to close to any of the canon Singularities? When looking back after making this, it feels to me it falls a bit close to Salem and Agartha.
    I think DelRey's right on the issue of scale, unless you have Ruler with the power of manifesting a sort of pocket world or setting as part of their skillset, like how it was in Agartha. I can definitely see Tolkien being able to do something like that, but I assume by you addressing him as caster, it ain't him.

Honestly, that would make for a sick tabletop campaign- have the 6 servants of the other classes have to work together and travel to fight the one manifesting a fantasy world, Tolkien

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey legendary. I’ve got a question. Have you considered doing a grand or beast class servant? If so then do you have any idea who it would be.

I like your singularity but I agree that the scale is too big.

Blog Entries
    Jeez what an obsession with beasts and grands

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.