Page 168 of 439 FirstFirst ... 68118158163166167168169170173178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    guess who has been awake for 24 hours

guess who might be posting their final daily servant extremely late

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Do it now so that you can get some sleep.

Blog Entries
    I haven't finished the gradients yet... It'll look ugly if I post it now, and that's a capital offence...!

I will do the sensible and sane thing. Napping is important. Post comes after.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Or maybe take a few hours off. Your health is more important than the sheet.

Blog Entries
    i m p o s s i b l e

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, if I sleep now, I will be awake at my self-imposed deadline. Gonna be late-o. Please wait warmly for the final Somewhat Gimmicky Servant in this list of Somewhat Gimmicky Servants!

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we can handle a entire day without reading your sheet, we'll be fine.

I need help to design a second Noble Phantasm for my Archer Matthias Corvinus. It's a ring that embodies his nature as the man who took Hungary out of feudal chaos and brought progress, innovation, and reform. What effect would you give it?

Also not related, but how do I add pictures to my post? The "Insert Image" option doesn't seem to work for me.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRebel_GreatGryffon View Post
    Also not related, but how do I add pictures to my post? The "Insert Image" option doesn't seem to work for me.
    The standard copy-paste image usually works. Not necessarily for every website, but for most of them. If not, try uploading the image to pinterest/imgur, then copy-pasting them from there.

In waiting for ideas for the second NP, here's the updated version of Archer Matthias so far:

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Rider, Avenger
    True Name: Matthias Hunyadi "Corvinus"
    Alignment Lawful
    Good
    Evil

Place of Origin: 15th century Hungary

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: A
    MGI: E
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Dislikes: How he ended
    Talent: Military strategy
    Natural Enemy: All enemies of Hungary and Christianity, the Holy Roman Empire
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Animal Characteristics Servant, Brynhildr's Beloved, Hominidae Servant, Humanoid, King, Male, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Crossbow, sword
    Catalysts: His hunting crossbow, his ring, a shard from the Rock of Ravens, a raven's feather

Class Skills:

Independent Action C
    At C rank, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for one day without a Master.
    Archer is proficient in this skill for two reasons: one, the Black Army was a mercenary army, even if their loyalty to Archer was unshakeable, and they wouldn't have served any other man. Two, folk tales say that during his reign, Archer would wander around his kingdom alone, his face hidden by a cloak, fighting injustice wherever he found it.
    However, the original B-rank is reduced because of Innocent Monster.

Magic Resistance D
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Inherent Wisdom A
    A Skill that shows one who has unparalleled natural knowledge. Allows the use of most Skills, excluding those inherent to the body (such as Divinity) or ones unique to particular heroes, at proficiency of A~B Rank.
    Archer was the first non-Italian monarch to spread Renaissance ideas to his people, and his famous “Bibliotheca Corviniana” covers a large number of subjects: philosophy, theology, history, law, literature, geography, natural sciences, medicine, architecture, and many others.

Golden Rule (Taxation) B+
    Enough profits to keep a Hungary-scale professional army well funded. Unlike the original Golden Rule Skill, which could theoretically allow amassing infinite money over time, this version’s potential is limited by how much is available in the surrounding area and can cause the said area to completely dry of funds after a certain time. In exchange, this Skill actively nullifies Golden Rule, its variations, and other resource-gathering Skills for other Servants.
    It would normally stop there, but Innocent Monster also adds the ability to drain Mana from others and the environment, either passively or from touch. This can cause Archer to completely drain the area he affects over prolonged exposure to him, killing plant life, vitiating the air, and making structures crumble to ruins, as he is “a King that takes everything from you and only gives calamity in exchange”.

Innocent Monster B
    Before and after his death, Archer suffered heavy slander from his political enemies, who blamed him for all Hungary’s problems and framed him as a hated tyrant. A Servant should be summoned at the peak of their life, but Archer manifests in his late 40s rather than as his young conqueror king self, as he was and was depicted to be in this last part of his life. Archer has his body warped with crow-like features and suffers drastic changes to his parameters and Skills, notably a deranking his MGI and Independent Action Skill, as he is “a king who can’t do anything by himself without stealing”. Strangely, his personality is not changed all that much. The stone-hearted and paranoid king the rumors depict him as isn’t that far from the jaded, disillusioned wash-out he ended up becoming.

Military Tactics B
    The Black Army was one of the most elite military forces Medieval Europe had ever seen and would ever see, magnified by the genius and cunning of a single man.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Fekete Sereg
    Flock of the Raven King

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~99
    Max Targets: Variable

In a storm of black feathers, the soldiers of the Black Army manifest at their King's command, numbering 28 000. In nature, they are akin to Phantoms given physical form. Each has their personality, can be summoned independently, and they are all fiercely loyal to Archer and Archer alone; Archer’s Master will always come second. Individually, they are small fry to most Servants and easily disposed of. Still, they compensate through sheer numbers, balanced by how much can remain summoned at any given time since the mana consumption increases with the amount summoned.
    Normally this Noble Phantasm would be of A rank and account for infantry and cavalry, including the feared Hussars, should Matthias be in his main Rider class. However, the Archer class only allows a B rank, and for all of them to be archers, crossbowmen, arquebusiers, artillerymen, and siege engine operators.
    On this note, should Matthias be summoned in the Avenger class, this NP would jump to EX rank as Matthias and the Black Army’s collective consciousness merge and lose themselves to their negative emotions; at this point, the Servant and the Noble Phantasm become one and the same, a shapeshifting, animated mass of black feathers and faceless soldiers kept together by resentment for the world that betrayed them.

Lore:

The once-mighty and proud Matthias the Just, who made Hungary a powerhouse of Medieval Europe and a man who seemed destined to be remembered among the most remarkable monarchs in history, lived his last years miserably: weakened by gout and age, made bitter and paranoid by his enemies and repeating failures, decried as a tyrant, and ultimately dying stupidly due to a rotten fig over three days of agony; indeed a man turned a shadow of his former self. Once they learned the news, his Black Army, which had dutifully followed in the King's shadow over the years and knew nothing else but war, knew that following him in the fall was the only path forward for them; thus, they turned to raiders and bandits, willingly choosing to sacrifice their humanity and chance to access Heaven, becoming the "faceless shadows of the Raven King" that would enact his vengeance upon the land, all so that, once death would come to claim them, and it did, they could follow him in whichever Hell had welcomed him, forever flying alongside him in the trail of his black wings.

Personality:

Regal, stoic, melancholic, self-loathing, and irritable. A quiet appreciator of arts and scholarly pursuits, he’d rather have everyone leave him to mind his own business alone. Once a compassionate hero-king, now a dispenser of fair but harsh justice with a Mind of Steel. Contrary to his Rider self, which represents his younger, more idealistic conquering days, Archer is Matthias towards the end of his reign, the hardened and embittered Raven King.
    Should he get the occasion to wish upon the Holy Grail, he would hesitate between having a more glorious end to his life and assuring that his illegitimate son John got to be King and continue to preserve and nurture what he built.
    The Lore part is unchanged. Sadly, this is my weakest field along with Personality.
    Last edited by ChronoRebel_GreatGryffon; June 6th, 2022 at 04:26 AM.

I'm sure to be the lucky one Desdinova Incarnate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I've got alot of ideas recently to sort through after posting Xanadu on the Singularity/Lostbelts thread -_-
    I've been watching alot of videos about people who claimed to have come from alternate universes, like the green children of Woolpit, that guy who came from Loxaria, the infamous Man from Taured and stuff like that. Making a servant sheet of the Man from Taured or small event inspired by all that would be pretty interesting. Like a weird mass disappearance case where people are teleported to random places and the source is an invisible magic city that runs inbetween all the places where the disappearancees happen or one city that is magically connected to a bunch of different places. Another idea is a city where people from a bunch of different time periods wander in by accident and live there.
    There's also this one video I saw about a planet/group of planets that was believed to exist between the Sun and Mercury back in the late 1800s called Vulcan, which could be the inspiration for a small Singularity or Lostbelts. Like a world where something actually was discovered on that fateful day in 1878 when Astronomers gathered in the Midwestern US to observe the Eclipse for signs of Vulcan. Normally, nothing was found and interest in the phantom planet finally died out, but what if something was found? Doesn't necessarily have to be Vulcan but, food for thought.

Oh and there's the Drolatic Dreams of Pantagruel. I haven't finished watching the video yet, but the general idea so far seems interesting. A weird art book full of enigmatic, surreal creatures. First thing that came to my mind was the Ars Goetia and all the demons described inside. The whole thing is facinating. The guy who wrote the Drolatic Dreams atrributed the weird pictures inside to a renaissance era satirist named Rabelais and named it after Rabelais' most well known character, a giant named Pantagruel from a book called The Life of Gargantua and Pantagruel. Based on the title, the creatures are basically implied to be creatures that Pantagruel saw in his dreams. One idea I had is a servant sheet based on Pantagruel disguising himself with a badly done cosplay of Goetia, using these weird creatures in the Drolatic Dreams as substitutes for the pillars. Heck a lil event based on this as a parody of Temple of Time would be kinda fun to write. Giant Temporal Church, Pantagruel or something like that. IDK the idea of a giant in a Goetia cosplay chucking these weird little creatures at someone while in broken english cracks me up.
    Lastly, I just finished reading Tsuki no Sango. IDK what to do with that inspiration yet tho. It was pretty touching tho
    I'll probably keep most of this stuff in the backburner for a while, but I felt like I had to share it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdinova Incarnate View Post
    So I've got alot of ideas recently to sort through after posting Xanadu on the Singularity/Lostbelts thread -_-
    I've been watching alot of videos about people who claimed to have come from alternate universes, like the green children of Woolpit, that guy who came from Loxaria, the infamous Man from Taured and stuff like that. Making a servant sheet of the Man from Taured or small event inspired by all that would be pretty interesting. Like a weird mass disappearance case where people are teleported to random places and the source is an invisible magic city that runs inbetween all the places where the disappearancees happen or one city that is magically connected to a bunch of different places. Another idea is a city where people from a bunch of different time periods wander in by accident and live there.
    There's also this one video I saw about a planet/group of planets that was believed to exist between the Sun and Mercury back in the late 1800s called Vulcan, which could be the inspiration for a small Singularity or Lostbelts. Like a world where something actually was discovered on that fateful day in 1878 when Astronomers gathered in the Midwestern US to observe the Eclipse for signs of Vulcan. Normally, nothing was found and interest in the phantom planet finally died out, but what if something was found? Doesn't necessarily have to be Vulcan but, food for thought.

Oh and there's the Drolatic Dreams of Pantagruel. I haven't finished watching the video yet, but the general idea so far seems interesting. A weird art book full of enigmatic, surreal creatures. First thing that came to my mind was the Ars Goetia and all the demons described inside. The whole thing is facinating. The guy who wrote the Drolatic Dreams atrributed the weird pictures inside to a renaissance era satirist named Rabelais and named it after Rabelais' most well known character, a giant named Pantagruel from a book called The Life of Gargantua and Pantagruel. Based on the title, the creatures are basically implied to be creatures that Pantagruel saw in his dreams. One idea I had is a servant sheet based on Pantagruel disguising himself with a badly done cosplay of Goetia, using these weird creatures in the Drolatic Dreams as substitutes for the pillars. Heck a lil event based on this as a parody of Temple of Time would be kinda fun to write. Giant Temporal Church, Pantagruel or something like that. IDK the idea of a giant in a Goetia cosplay chucking these weird little creatures at someone while in broken english cracks me up.
    Lastly, I just finished reading Tsuki no Sango. IDK what to do with that inspiration yet tho. It was pretty touching tho
    I'll probably keep most of this stuff in the backburner for a while, but I felt like I had to share it somewhere.
    As a Frenchmen, I must insist on providing information on Pantagruel and his father, Gargantua. Rabelais is *extremely* well known here in France; his characters are symbols of individualism, enjoyment of the little pleasures of life, the celebration of the search for knowledge, irreverence to authority and the pompousness of the elites, and rule by common sense. This father and son duo have both enough meat to their legends to stand as Heroic Spirit on their own (tho I admit your fake Goetia idea is hilarious)

Gargantua was once a knight of King Arthur, owns a mare scaled to his size (so he could be a Rider), and his existence actually precedes Rabelais' books; French folk stories speak of him as a land shaper akin to Paul Bunyan and he may or may not be an incarnation from a Gaulish earth god...

Born of a second incarnation of Gargantua, Pantagruel possesses an illustrious bloodline that contains the names of about every famous named giant from European myths that came before him, from the Greek Sysyphus to the Peer of Charlemagne Fierabras, going all the way back to Hurtaly, who survived the Flood by riding on the back of Noah's Ark like a rocking horse. Erudite scholar, brave knight, sailor of the seas, just ruler, party-monger supreme. King of the Dypsodes people he conquered, then of his father's land of Utopia, wields a magic wooden club he claimed from an enemy giant named Loup Garou (not an actual werewolf); he went on many adventures and misadventures alongside his hair-brained sidekick friend Panurge.
    However, the most significant candidate for the main Noble Phantasm is how he supposedly has an alternate dimension inside his mouth the size of a country, i.e., a Reality Marble. He could use it to store objects and shelter allies, and "devour" his enemies by turning them into raw Mana.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the thing with the mouth suggest Imaginary Numbers space to me, like Breast Valley

the goetia mockery is indeed a fun idea
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I'm sure to be the lucky one Desdinova Incarnate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gargantua was once a knight of King Arthur, owns a mare scaled to his size (so he could be a Rider), and his existence actually precedes Rabelais' books; French folk stories speak of him as a land shaper akin to Paul Bunyan and he may or may not be an incarnation from a Gaulish earth god...

Born of a second incarnation of Gargantua, Pantagruel possesses an illustrious bloodline that contains the names of about every famous named giant from European myths that came before him, from the Greek Sysyphus to the Peer of Charlemagne Fierabras, going all the way back to Hurtaly, who survived the Flood by riding on the back of Noah's Ark like a rocking horse. Erudite scholar, brave knight, sailor of the seas, just ruler, party-monger supreme. King of the Dypsodes people he conquered, then of his father's land of Utopia, wields a magic wooden club he claimed from an enemy giant named Loup Garou (not an actual werewolf); he went on many adventures and misadventures alongside his hair-brained sidekick friend Panurge.
    Man, I didn't know those two had such gnarly lore. Hmmm hmmm, I'll keep that in my head then. Though I suppose only a person with such a legendary past would be fit to mimic the King of Mages. Then again, a proper Pantagruel or Gargantua servant could fit well into one of the Horizon Gates I'm working on for the Singularity/Lostbelts thread so. I guess a proper Pantagruel sheet would be good too! Ahhh, all that gnarly lore is hyping me up, I'm gonna look more into this!

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    the thing with the mouth suggest Imaginary Numbers space to me, like Breast Valley

the goetia mockery is indeed a fun idea
    Hmm. You know what, it makes sense. Utopia, Pantagruel's homeland, is "a perfect kingdom that doesn't exist", and there could be ambiguity on whether Pantagruel ever existed at all since he's from a book and it's doubtful such an unsubtle figure could have existed in the Renaissance and still somehow get forgotten by Human Order. The Reality Marble's effect could be to create an overlap between normal reality and Imaginary Numbers Space where he can warp the laws of reality and be a Pseudo-Divine Spirit with Pseudo-Authority, with the capability for the Marble to be spread out of Pantagruel's mouth and into the surrounding area when he calls its True Name. Then, combined with a "Gluttony" Skill that can convert into pure Mana anything he wished as long as it is "inside his maw", the deployed Noble Phantasm is magnified into a refuge for his allies, an advantageous terrain advantage for him to abuse, and a bonafide killing field for his enemies as they slowly dissolve into Mana.
    Hell, I could even make my own spin on the Drolatic Dreams, giving the dream goblins the ability to manifest within the Reality Marble.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdinova Incarnate View Post
    Man, I didn't know those two had such gnarly lore. Hmmm hmmm, I'll keep that in my head then. Though I suppose only a person with such a legendary past would be fit to mimic the King of Mages. Then again, a proper Pantagruel or Gargantua servant could fit well into one of the Horizon Gates I'm working on for the Singularity/Lostbelts thread so. I guess a proper Pantagruel sheet would be good too! Ahhh, all that gnarly lore is hyping me up, I'm gonna look more into this!
    I recommend reading the original Gargantua & Pantagruel books, they're a great read and will give you a better idea of the characters than I can. Tho I don't know if there's a English translation, so you may need to know French. If you can't, just know this:
    -The books are meant to be both an affectionate parody of knightly epics and a philosophical treaty on humanism.
    -Pantagruel hates sophists more than anything else in the world.

Blog Entries
    Feels good to be done. I also know who my second entry in the Monthly Contest will be, and I also...

...n-need to finish the prologue.

Hm.

Out of the frying pan, onto the plate.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Also, can I get ideas on a second NP for my Archer Matthias Corvinus based on his ring? I want to do something based on "Dead is Matthias, lost is justice". He brought Hungary to the heights of greatness, only for it to all go down the shitter once he died. I want to imply that he was like a Fisher King-like figure to his country. And I want to make that an NP, but I'm blanking on what the effect could be.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uh, let's see... tying him to the fate of the land itself? So long as he's alive, everyone in his territory enjoys the benefits of rapid mana generation, healing factor, etc., but the moment he dies, the mana they absorbed from the land becomes a poison that slowly kills them? Also, as every attack against him is perceived as "an attack against the land, or the very concept of justice itself", each successful hit they land reduces their luck and makes them more prone to fatal accidents.

Just something I came up with in like 5 minutes without much knowledge on his legend, so it may not be the best thing.
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 7th, 2022 at 01:00 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can anyone think of people that merged two fields of study that felt unrelated before?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Would science fiction count?

Never mind that, for some reason my head jumped to science fiction.

Thomas Kuhn, the guy who created the concept of paradigm shift. Not exactly new, it he did fleshed out this concept.
    Last edited by HumanComplex; June 7th, 2022 at 08:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Aristotle