Page 143 of 439 FirstFirst ... 4393133138141142143144145148153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 8763

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Wandering Cultivator Wan Dering'cul Tivator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    The whole mundane horror vs. cosmic horror thing is an interesting angle. Seriously writing a guy with depression is a real tricky business though, balancing between making a compelling character and depicting said depression respectfully enough. Heck, that can be said for any mental illness in general. Writing Charles already took a lot out of me.

Edit: Also thanks for the ideas, Kamera and Cultivator. Might settle for that mecha reactor core, combined with overload, though I'm still tuning out the more specific details.
    glad to help!!!!
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Autumn Tinder Kindling Fire
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    You know, I think guessing Servant identities could make for a fun forum game of sorts.

- - - Updated - - -

True Name Discernment, Guess-a-Servant Edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Present a Faceclaim, a short vague description or quote, and then let people ask questions trying to guess the Servant's True Name. Be an Akinator.
    Faceclaims
    Maiden of Slovenly Ashes

Bitch of the Prison Camp

Judge of the Cross

Teacher of Knights

Guess away. Also, anyone having trouble with uploading PNG images? It literally never works.
    Pronouns - She/Her
    Winner of the Legendary Jack-Off
    TRANS LIVES MATTER

Top Five Favourite Servants

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hi Anju, first I think your first one is Cinderella. Secondly, I have started a Guess-A-Servant thread for this so if you'd like you could post there (but pls read the rules first)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Hi Anju, first I think your first one is Cinderella. Secondly, I have started a Guess-A-Servant thread for this so if you'd like you could post there (but pls read the rules first)
    Your link is broken.
    Pronouns - She/Her
    Winner of the Legendary Jack-Off
    TRANS LIVES MATTER

Top Five Favourite Servants

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hi, sorry about that, here it is again. https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...uess-A-Servant

Weird thing to ask for, but has there been any known heroes or noticeable figures that died being eaten? Besides Prometheus, I really couldn’t find much on this, surprisingly. Wouldn’t mind ones who had their corpse eaten by birds or something after being killed in another way, but would like the former option.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    Weird thing to ask for, but has there been any known heroes or noticeable figures that died being eaten? Besides Prometheus, I really couldn’t find much on this, surprisingly. Wouldn’t mind ones who had their corpse eaten by birds or something after being killed in another way, but would like the former option.
    Pelops, son of Tantalus. Dad cut him up as food to present to the Olympians, but turned out the gods didn't like cannibalism (except Demeter who accidentally ate a piece of his shoulder) and sentenced dad to Tartarus instead. Then the boy got revived, a part of his shoulder replaced with ivory by Hephaestus. Then apparently he was made an apprentice of Poseidon and became a master charioteer? Might make an interesting Rider.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man he literally gave death a cold shoulder
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I was thinking of using them more as a reference and maybe a skill to another figure of mine. Although, it would be pretty hard. Are there any others? Animal heroes (famous companions of other heroes) would also work as well.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Also, I had this idea while I was showering and felt I may as well share it, Avenger Edgar Allen Poe. Now while that sounds weird here's my angle, Avengers are based on revenge, and Edgar Allen Poe had a pretty unlucky life, I also remembered that some dude from one of the cases of El Melloi II was able to turn words like "knife" into an actual knife which got me thinking. What if Edgar Allen Poe's "revenge" was not revenge in the sense of wanting to fight or kill someone, but revenge against the concept or an idea, such as wanting to take revenge on the world by means of his writing. Some of his works apparently scored high on the "depression index" created by the conversation. It was also rumored that he may have committed suicide and based on his habits it's generally thought he may have suffered depression.

So what if Edgar Allen Poe engraved his own depression and the insights he had on the nature of the world or life itself, in his works and used that as a form of "revenge" against the world and their readers by in turn revealing the underlying truths of the world, the mundane horrors that Edgar Allen Poe saw (as opposed to Lovecraft's supernatural or cosmic horrors).
    I've finally got around to saying more about this. As someone who is a big fan of Poe's writings (which is very easily seen), I feel think concept works perfectly, especially with how his life went. First the early death of his parents, then living with his douche of a step-father for a time, and eventually having to see his cousin/wife die, depending on how you write him he could definitely have a lot of pent up aggression towards the world. I like your concept a lot as a very fitting but unique take on a Poe sheet. The only thing I'd say is Poe wasn't exactly a totally gloomy person in life, sure a lot of his writing were macabre, but he also wrote a few mystery stories and a good few comedies as well. Although, if would be summoned as an Avenger, all of this wouldn't matter anyway due to the mechanics of the Avenger class (Oblivion Correction and so on). If you have any more questions about Poe though, I'd be happy to help.

Blog Entries
    Trying to write up a Voyager counterpart, based on the International Sun-Earth Explorer-3/International Cometary Explorer satellite, the only spacecraft to get crowdfunded into a new mission, if brief and aborted, back in 2014.

If Voyager's design's based on The Little Prince, this Servant's based on the bride from the Song of Songs, pining desperately for her missing lovermission control.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Trying to write up a Voyager counterpart, based on the International Sun-Earth Explorer-3/International Cometary Explorer satellite, the only spacecraft to get crowdfunded into a new mission, if brief and aborted, back in 2014.

If Voyager's design's based on The Little Prince, this Servant's based on the bride from the Song of Songs, pining desperately for her missing lovermission control.
    that sounds lovely! Where would you appreciate help:
    1)sounding board to bounce ideas off of?
    2)help figuring out skills and their rankings?
    3)practice writing in the voice of the character? (i.e. help develop their personality for the time when you write Bond Quotes//Background//Flavor Text)
    4)appropriate Face Claim? (that is more the job of the FC thread, but I am sure we can evaluate how well an FC evokes the vibe you're going for)
    5)other...not sure what but there is always something I forget and I am sure we can help you with that~
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    Hm, a sounding board. I could use that.

I have a general idea of what her behavior would be and what she should look like -- a little yandere-ish blind or at least perpetually shut-eyed girl, as the spacecraft in question had no cameras -- but her class, skills, Noble Phantasms: not yet.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Hm, a sounding board. I could use that.

I have a general idea of what her behavior would be and what she should look like -- a little yandere-ish blind or at least perpetually shut-eyed girl, as the spacecraft in question had no cameras -- but her class, skills, Noble Phantasms: not yet.
    for classes:
    ~the obvious candidates: Voyager and Foreigner (make her a counterpart to Voyager and build up her Yandere-ness by how she differs from the model to which she yearns to be (i.e. Voyager))

~hard mode: the joke Idol Class seems like it would fit well with her desire for the people's Mission and their attention (although as a Joke Class it doesn't have many guidelines to help with designing it)

~base 7: Berserker (if you REALLY play up the Yandere-ness), Rider (not that well supported, but could say that she is the AI consciousness that is Riding the Satellite), Archer (she shot out a beam of compressed data to communicate with Earth), Caster (it could be that the reason Earth lost contact with her is that with her fervent wish to complete her new Mission, she developed Magecraft (which gave her the power to do so, but threw her off course and made sure she would never be able to actually achieve it)), and Assassin (we currently have no idea where she is after she stopped responding, and thus her having managed to hide in the void from all of humanity combined with her Yandere tendencies unlocked the Assassin Class)

~other potential Extra Classes: Avenger (her grudge), Gunner (similar to Archer as she shot out a beam of data), and Watcher (she observed space and also observed the Mission from Humans which she was later denied)
    Last edited by Wan Dering'cul Tivator; April 29th, 2022 at 10:47 PM.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    okay, I haven't found anyone else doing this idea so I wanted to run it by all of y'all as it is a bit of a doozy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexan...ornithologist) combo'd with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson%27s_snipe and also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe_hunt.

so I imagined the Servant as mostly a representation of the target of the "Snipe Hunt" (American version of hunting the Dahut // cazar gamusinos // wild goose chase). However, as the Snipe s a notably non existent creature it couldn't be summoned straight out, instead it took advantage of the Snipe being a real bird and utilized the form of Wilson's Snipe (the only Snipe that is Native to North America). However, even with that concession, it still didn't quite have proper access to a True Saint Graph (what with being a myth of an animal and utilizing the form of an animal), so it utilized some of the Throne of Heroes recordings of Alexander Wilson, the Father of American Ornithology (and the Wilson that Wilson's Snipe is named after).

As a Servant: Neither the "Snipe Hunt" Snipe nor Alexander Wilson have association with fighting enough to distinguish a class. Wilson's Snipe (and many other Snipes besides), however, they are famous for the dancing manner they using their bill (bill also being the name of a polearm) to hunt. Thus they'd be a Lancer.

Personality would at first seem to be a scaredy-cat, but is just the way in which the SNIPE encourages people to chase it. Also, as it contains bits and pieces of Alexander Wilson, it will occasionally spout bird trivia, offer genuinely good life advice, and wax satirically about millers.

its NP is the fact that no one has ever won the "Snipe Hunt" (even if they capture the SNIPE, it will escape as soon as they try to get it out of the trap)

...what do y'all think? too out there? or is this within the realm of possibility?
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seems weird and disjointed honestly.
    Why is it not Alexander Wilson colored by the name association of Wilson's snipe with snipe hunt?doing it the other way around just seems needlessly convoluted for no benefit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Seems weird and disjointed honestly.
    Why is it not Alexander Wilson colored by the name association of Wilson's snipe with snipe hunt?doing it the other way around just seems needlessly convoluted for no benefit.
    Alexander Wilson is dual citizenship so having him be the Lancer didn't really fit the prompt I am working off of (I am imagining this Servant as something similar to how Orion had his summoning stolen by Artemis) (Also as Alexander Wilson didn't name the Wilson Snipe he would be more connected with Wilson's Warbler rather than Wilson's Snipe)
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Still a huge stretch to make this into a Servant.
    Not to say I haven't liked weirder Servants, but you'd have to do a lot of extra work to convince me of the concept because I don't think the end goal is interesting enough to warrant such a background.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Still a huge stretch to make this into a Servant.
    Not to say I haven't liked weirder Servants, but you'd have to do a lot of extra work to convince me of the concept because I don't think the end goal is interesting enough to warrant such a background.
    and judging how much work to make it worth it is why I wanted to run it by this thread...so on a scale of 1 to 10 how good of a sales pitch was it (with 7 being a Sheet that gets at least 1 vote in a contest and 4 corresponding to a mediocre Sheet that nobody provides feedback to in Create-A-Servant-3)
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Weird question because we cant judge how much points the idea of a sheet deserves in a contest.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.