Page 244 of 439 FirstFirst ... 144194234239242243244245246249254294344 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, if you want a more comical, FGO-type reason, you could say Hans is in the midst of writer's block again, so Kiara finagles a singularity to get him a writer's room going, or artificially boost his creative nerves- basically, giving you the exactly type of boost you seem to be jonesing for

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    I mean, if you want a more comical, FGO-type reason, you could say Hans is in the midst of writer's block again, so Kiara finagles a singularity to get him a writer's room going, or artificially boost his creative nerves- basically, giving you the exactly type of boost you seem to be jonesing for
    There could be something in there! It could be funny to sneak an early mystery writer in there if the purpose of the singularity isn't obvious at the start, too. I still don't really have a clear picture of how that might look like, so I think I'd like to try something else next instead, but thanks

Blog Entries
    I feel like the next few parts for Last Call are going to either be long, or there's going to be more than four parts for this chapter... A lot is about to go down all at once. Pacing is difficult.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Had the idea to do a Servant sheet for 'Igor', i.e., the general archetype of a mad scientist's and other gothic villains' typical assistant. Figured he'd be a great fit for Halloween, plus he's already known for calling people 'Master'.
    Still a bit iffy on the Class though, was thinking either Caster by default, or a non-standard Berserker

Blog Entries
    Admittedly the only general purpose ideas left I can contribute to the pot at this point (without throwing in more modern fiction ides) are finishing the cast list from Makai Tensho, doing the 18 Warriors of Sui-Tang Period (with or without any involvement from the Shuo Tang novel), and/or trying out some more characters from the epic poems/works like Shahnameh, Mahāvaṃsa, or the Malay Annals. Though for a specific name, meet a Filipino revolutionary who might be one of the oldest revolutionaries fighting in a conflict: Melchora Aquino.

EDIT:
    Though now that I think about it, how much interest is there in making Servants from other Classic Chinese novels like Golden Lotus, Dream of the Red Chamber, and/or The Scholars?
    Last edited by Dragolord09; October 30th, 2022 at 09:47 PM.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay couple of things that a part of me is nervous to talk about for the second one for some reason that i cant put my finger on???

One. I know I can make up a skill if needed, but can't help but ask in case someone did it before: has anyone made a skill that is basically the Disney princess power of befriending, understanding and commanding animals?

Two... Okay this one is (probably?) stupid. I have an Owain/Ywain sheet in the works and I had the silly thought of...what if his lion is actually a shisa/foo dog? Admittedly thought that 'cause "wait what kind of lion would be able to take on a dragon/why is this lion of all things special?" and immediately went "oh it's a shisa!" Only thing is, if I went with that, then I'd have to make up an excuse on why it's by itself (which I was thinking it was one of a pair and the dragon killed its other pair/mate) and why the hell is a shisa was in England in Artoria's time. All I got for that is the shisa/foo dog was smuggled into England. So basically I was just want an excuse on making Owain's/Ywain's lion a shisa/foo dog, but if not well...guess I'll just leave it a "normal" lion.

Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Had the idea to do a Servant sheet for 'Igor', i.e., the general archetype of a mad scientist's and other gothic villains' typical assistant. Figured he'd be a great fit for Halloween, plus he's already known for calling people 'Master'.
    Still a bit iffy on the Class though, was thinking either Caster by default, or a non-standard Berserker
    Maybe Assassin...? Okay that's probably stretching it too, as I thought "Assassin" simply because Igor's usually isn't one for combat but are more than fine with a whole lot of other things. Like grave robbing. And kidnapping. That's it. That could probably still work for Caster, right? Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Though now that I think about it, how much interest is there in making Servants from other Classic Chinese novels like Golden Lotus, Dream of the Red Chamber, and/or The Scholars?
    Well I always find it nice seeing Servants from less famous stuff (or well in my case just something I don't know much on), but I don't think I wanna try my hand with characters from those Chinese novels myself anytime soon.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Regarding the chisa, it sounds too much of a stretch for an asian beast to land in britain. The mythology of the isles is so rich, there have to be some other weird creatures that can fulfill the role you seek.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Ancient Greek mechanical gods washed up on the shores of Japan. You're not really doing anything canon wouldn't do.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Plus, there's always the reverse side- they could have some funky migratory habits there, and wind up popping out in the Isles

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Ancient Greek mechanical gods washed up on the shores of Japan. You're not really doing anything canon wouldn't do.
    Yeah but that's bad.
    The mecha stuff in Japan is the worst mecha they've done.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would also like to offer my opinion and say that sometimes simple is best.

The Lion is one of the symbols of Britain and the King of the Jungle, put some respect on his name.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    One. I know I can make up a skill if needed, but can't help but ask in case someone did it before: has anyone made a skill that is basically the Disney princess power of befriending, understanding and commanding animals?
    Animal Dialogue. By the way, it also seems to let you communicate with Berserkers.

- - - Updated - - -

re: mechs in Japan, my understanding is that Japan has a lot of diversity in its Divine Spirits because it was one of the last places Age of Gods level Mystery was able to survive? Which is to say, everything migrated everywhere, but we don't really see it most of the time because it disappeared. Britain would logically have the same kind of situation going on - and seems to, to an extent - but also Clock Tower are right there to snatch everything up. They are literally the British Museum after all.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, a bit of a dumb question, but I figured y'all might know some stuff-

With Arthurian legend, all the KotR, were there any other prominent witches/warlocks/sorceresses/wizards about that the knights or Arthur went against? Or was it all Morgan doing Morgan things?

Blog Entries
    Admittedly the only general purpose ideas left I can contribute to the pot at this point (without throwing in more modern fiction ides) are finishing the cast list from Makai Tensho, doing the 18 Warriors of Sui-Tang Period (with or without any involvement from the Shuo Tang novel), and/or trying out some more characters from the epic poems/works like Shahnameh, Mahāvaṃsa, or the Malay Annals. Though for a specific name, meet a Filipino revolutionary who might be one of the oldest revolutionaries fighting in a conflict: Melchora Aquino.

EDIT:
    Thank you very much! The only thing here I had already considered was the Shahnameh, of which I've already read a significant chunk; I didn't do a Servant from there bc I already have one that fits in the Persia category of CaS3, so I don't plan to return to it for some time, but let me shill a specific Shanahmeh Servant idea for others to use while I'm at it: Piran, army chief and advisor who stays loyal to the end to the usually villanious antagonist Afrasiyab but is himself potrayed positively in almost every appearance

I think I'll avoid the Makai Tensho for now personally (I already have a Servant from those areas, for instance). Aquino is interesting, though a bit recent, so I'm not too likely to work on that.

As for the 18 Warriors and those classic Chinese novels... I think I'm going to avoid the Golden Lotus and the Dream of the Red Chamber myself, but the 18 Warriors and The Scholars seem more possible. I may use the Mahavamsa at some point too.

I'm 100% doing someone from the Malay Annals now so thanks lol, seems like there's a lot of space to explore there and they're just out there on Wikisource so why the hell not

Also, I don't check into this thread too often, so if you've got any older ideas you posted earlier in this thread that I might not have seen, that you'd really like to see, and that you think I could do well, feel free to message them to me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Hey, a bit of a dumb question, but I figured y'all might know some stuff-

With Arthurian legend, all the KotR, were there any other prominent witches/warlocks/sorceresses/wizards about that the knights or Arthur went against? Or was it all Morgan doing Morgan things?
    There are a number of them (both hero and villain), but I don't know any specific names right off the top of my head so sites like this one are your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Snip
    I do have a fair number of posts here, but I wouldn't know which ideas would interest you/be your best subject in, so until I learn more my suggestion is to search for posts done by me on this thread and see what interests you the best.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There are a number of them (both hero and villain), but I don't know any specific names right off the top of my head so sites like this one are your best bet.
    Fucking hell mate, I'm working on 4 arthurian sheets rn, this is a godsend, thank you brother

Blog Entries
    If you guys would like links to some of my other posts for a quick jump feel free to ask, or any of the other posts here if needed. Incidentally remember how I threw in the name of Saint Matthias in one of my bigger posts and told you not to worry about doing the other 12 if you didn't want to? Meet the madlad who did a complete set of Apostles.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    YOOOOOO, KING SHIT

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why did I count my stuff and found out my next sheet will be the 50th... Now I /HAVE/ to make something special... <o>
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, congratulations for reaching the milestone WF! Can't wait to see what you decide to cook up for it!

Also, a yay or nay question. We know that the Holy Church has Scriptures that have been said to allow the wielder to fight a heroic spirit. Would it be feasible to say that some things, like highly combative saints, could be said to wield something in line with these Scriptures, and so might have them as NP's?

The reason I ask is that I've been thinking over some ideas for Saint Leonard of Noblac, a man with myths of being a dragon slayer, but has no notable weapons. I was considering if crafting a Scripture style NP made using the chains of the prisoners he freed with his miracles wouldn't be a bit much of a stretch. Thoughts?
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)