Page 8 of 439 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    no not that severe, just corrupt distribution of news, false claims, etc.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i see you are searching after material for a FAker it seemws then ?

aside that has someone ideas for a Zodiac Killer servant as that topic is servant material with perhaps forreigner portencial or not ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    For false claims, there's P.T. Barnum, that circus ringmaster from the Greatest Showman. He's known for perpetuating hoaxes pertaining to his performers' backstories and the items he displayed in his museum to maintain that "magical" feeling im his circus, sometimes to... morally questionable levels. According to one story, he displayed the skeletal remains of a "mer-monkey" once, except he really just stuck the skeletons of a monkey and a fish together. He's also known for coining the term "there's a sucker born every minute" (though there's no evidence of him ever actually saying it).

There was exactly one sheet of him in the old thread, but they seem to highlight his "magical ringmaster" aspect more than his darker side. Would be an interesting duality, seeing the "magician" and "what's really going on backstage".

Edit:
    If you really want to go the extra mile, you can write him as a Faker or even Pretender impersonating some ancient magical beast-tamer, only for his "magic" to degrade overtime, revealing his true nature like what happened with my Hong Xiuquan.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 26th, 2021 at 12:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    i remember that guy, but I need someone from England and more from the journalism area that I can connect to the person I have in mind.
    I originally wanted to find a concept for a Gatekeeper that is actually related to "gatekeeping information", but the guy i want to make better fits for something else.
    Perhaps this issue solves itself when I concentrate on him later and have more background on him. Or I just stay vague for this aspect of the story.
    Thx for now!

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    "Gatekeeping information" makes me think of a Gatekeeper alt for Big Brother, but that figure has been done quite a lot of times by now, with most of them (understandably) being pretty similar.

Blog Entries
    Now that I think about it
    I can just make that concept for a Servantverse character.
    A Space Information Broker or something.
    Have yet to dive into that logic, I just know I love WF's take on it.
    I will see if the guy i have in mind becomes a Servantverse version or stays in PHH

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Ah, the Servantverse, an uncharted land of wonders and possibilities

I'd like to try writing one of those one day. I don't know where to start, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Ah, the Servantverse, an uncharted land of wonders and possibilities

I'd like to try writing one of those one day. I don't know where to start, though.
    one question is therer just one the space version with mysterious Heroine etc ?or are there also other themed worlds ? like i think a requiem styled world would make sense .

Blog Entries
    The Servantverse is a space-themed alternate universe. The Requiem universe is completely different from it, and Requiem Servants are largely the same as PHH unless stated otherwise in the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    The Servantverse is a space-themed alternate universe. The Requiem universe is completely different from it, and Requiem Servants are largely the same as PHH unless stated otherwise in the future.
    i mean i already did start a servant universe that has the concept of Requiem in that the most humen have a servant companion an that there are certain aspects in werere under circumstances servant that are summoned therer can have expereiences that are having effects ont he servants true self in the throne like i will make a Saber Jackie as example or that i will make a REmainer Tiamat servant where their Master in that universe hasa great influence on them .

like as example Raikou is there member of a special police depatrment special forces unit consisting out servants .

or that a Poilce department leder has the Hundrrd faces Hassan as servant .

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That would be sorta impossible because there are confirmed only seven humans in the whole Servantverse, all the others having mutated into Servants (which are their versions of our historical figures and/or mythological beings.) What you did sounds more like some sort of Requiemverse alternative universe, which is cool too. It's a cool setting.

Also @Rey DO IT. COME TO THE SERVANTVERSE.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of the Servantverse, I did have a Sheet I drafted up a long time again during a feverdream I had that was full on parody of Star Wars in the form of one of my favourite heroes.

I'll have to see if I can find it again...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    That would be sorta impossible because there are confirmed only seven humans in the whole Servantverse, all the others having mutated into Servants (which are their versions of our historical figures and/or mythological beings.) What you did sounds more like some sort of Requiemverse alternative universe, which is cool too. It's a cool setting.

Also @Rey DO IT. COME TO THE SERVANTVERSE.
    yeah i meant a REquiemverse that has though a other timeline like fate REquiem as it plays elsewhere and not in mosaik town or howevre the place is called were Erise lifes.

Blog Entries

Variant Class System
    by Leonardo Da Vinci (Lily)

Originating from a currently extant timeline, what is known as the Variant Class System is nothing more, nothing less, than an attempt to shamelessly rig the competition in a wide scale Holy Grail War scenario. Rather, you could say that this system was created in bad faith to begin with as an offshoot of the original.

To begin with, the Standard Seven Classes are merely downgraded copies of the original ritual utilized by the Grand Servants, diluted so that the class vessels could be supported by living humans alongside the Greater Grail.

Later on, Extra Classes were added to the system in an attempt to tamper with the established rules of the grail war, or as a way to keep those very same rules from being broken, as was the case with the Ruler Class.

However, they still used the same ‘framework’ used to construct the seven standard class vessels.

The Variant System… is a sham.

A poorly constructed attempt to further dilute the standard seven classes, further weakening the end product in order to support the greatest amount of servants possible. The Variant Classes are, themselves, a huge lie used to support a rigged game state which favors one group over another.

Allow me to explain.

Imagine that you have seven glasses and a jar of water. By emptying out the jar, you are able to fill all of the seven glasses.

Now, imagine that those glasses were replaced with smaller ones but the jar remains the same. You would obviously be able to fill all seven while retaining part of the war in the jar, wouldn’t you? Only those drinking from the glasses would be receiving way less than usual.

In essence, the Variant Class System replaces a single Class Vessel with multiple lesser counterfeits meant to spend less energy while also being greatly inferior to the weakest of Assassin Class servants in terms of parameters and skills.

Masquerading as ‘nonstandard classes’, Variant Classes are simply put, lesser versions of a servant who have received a counterfeit designation so that the Grail won’t spend nearly as much mana needed for their upkeep while allowing the Masters of Standard Class servants to eliminate them.

The originals likely didn’t even possess proper Class Skills, with the System being forced to fill in blanks based on the designation used to ‘hide’ the true nature of the counterfeit Vessels.

The current theory is that the FATE system might have come into contact with foreign data containing the specifications of these Variant Classes and filled in the blanks as it has with the Alter Ego Class following the Seraphix incident and the Foreigner Class following the Salem Singularity. It might very well be that the Variant Classes have become their own unique designations.

But we can still spot similarities and draw comparisons between them and the Standard Classes

I suppose this is my time to shine!

Please refrain from talking over me during the recording, Ms. Omphale

“I’m married, I’ll have you know! Just ditch the ‘Miss’ already!”

Well, I was just about to start the registry of the Variant Classes we have on record. So we might as well get to the good part.

“Awesome!”

Now then, let’s start.

March 31st, 2021

The first time Chaldea came into contact with the designated Lover (Counterfeit Assassin) following a routine inspection and update of the FATE system. Leading to the scheduled summoning performed by our Master in search of the latest updated pool of available Servants.

Which lead to an irregular summoning.

The result was neither a Berserker nor an Assassin.

Though we had faced and allied with Heroic Spirits who placed a higher value upon their romantic attachments to other individuals before, such as Berserker Kiyohime, the resulting Lover Class was closer in framework to a combination of the Assassin and Caster Classes in how it functioned.

That is despite the fact that their Skills were tied to the emotional and mental state of the Servant in question.

A clear left over from what might have been a Berserker.

Lover
    Servant of Love and Affairs

It’s hard to tell how the designation changed ever since being recognized by the FATE system, yet the fact remains that despite classifying for other Classes, Omphale has stated that her prefered Class is that of ‘Lover’.

It isn’t a hard conclusion to reach that by adding the designation to the pool of available servant classes, the reach of the system has become greater in scope. To begin with, our ability to summon and maintain servants was derived from the Fuyuki Holy Grail, which was observed by former Director Marisbury Animusphere.

While over the course of the Grand Order, Extra Classes were added to Chaldea’s record such as the Ruler Class in Orleans and the Avenger Class during the 4th Grail War Incident. The only outlier to this trend being the Shielder Class which we hypothesise to be an extant leftover from the Fuyuki system.

So what makes a ‘Lover’?

Is it a state of mind?

Is it a role played by an individual in their legend?

I think you are blowing this out of proportion.

Excuse me, but I need to ask.

Why did you choose an unstable Class which clearly limited you?

The answer is in the name, you know.

Lover.

Someone who acted for love, out of love, for the sake of love.

If Lover is a class which sacrifices personal power in exchange for the power to declare one’s feelings for another, then those who take the mantle of Lover are those who are willing to dedicate their lives to the love they felt for another.

A concerned mother.

A beloved sibling.

A precious partner.

I manifested as a Lover not because I was one of Heracles’ many affairs, but because I was willing to dedicate my strength and heart towards him.

That still doesn’t explain servants like Anne Boleyn and Iron Apega, however.

I wouldn’t be so sure.

Even as a ‘Sinner’, a servant summoned as the worst possible aspect of her legend seen through the eyes of those who utterly loathed her, Anne Boleyn never underwent a full Class change and remained a Lover, because her powers were dedicated to the many loved ones she had in life.

And Apega…

Apega was a being created from love. But that love itself was warped.

Which is the second reason why the Lover Class was appealing to me.

And that is?

Because I wanted to be loved. Why else?

Lovers are those who dedicate their feelings towards another. But they are also those who receive those feelings in turn. Even if those feelings are warped and dangerous, the Lover Class receives them and turns them into strength.

Even if you were a literal nobody who never fought a battle in their life and doesn’t have any particularly interesting feats… you can fight.

You can fight because you’re a symbol of something ‘worth fighting for’.

Giving love… receiving love… so that’s the true face of the Lover Class.

It would make sense for figures like Finnabair and Andromeda to manifest as Lovers then. One who was beloved by many and held up as an Object of Desire, the other who was saved by a hero who ‘dedicated their strength to them. And of course, Beatrice, who was the very image of love itself conjured by the heart of a hero.

Well, I’m not an expert or anything. I just did it because I felt like it.

But there have been more since then. And it makes sense.

A Class which allows those who would normally be unable to fight doing so through their ability to dedicate ‘strength’ to others, and receive it from those willing to dedicate it to them.

It’s a loophole.

But that doesn’t explain why the other Variant Classes have been integrated by the FATE system. If the properties of the designation were being used as catalyst to draw strength from aspect of one’s legend normally extant due to the properties of the seven standard class vessels… wouldn’t that make the Variants akin to an expansion pack for the range which our system operates with?

Counter, the Nemesis to a Hero.

Teacher, the Mentor of a Hero.

Lover, the Beloved of a Hero.

Was the FATE system using the counterfeit designations to broaden the definition under which it operates and defines a heroic spirit?

I suppose it makes sense.

You could say we are the actors playing a role in another person’s story.

Fascinating!

This opens so many possibilities.

So long as the FATE system can properly incorporate and attribute a role to a designation within the Grand Order, then the Variant Classes can fill that role by providing a framework within the ‘narrative’.

And there are still those classes that haven’t manifested yet!

To be Continued

Teacher
    Heroic Spirit of Fostering

Last edited by Wyvern; August 27th, 2021 at 11:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    There you go, one upping my Voyager post
    I shall allow it, because its cool

I like the idea of making your Variants basically "supports" to Heroes. Fortunas Companion or Royds Retainer could technically fall in there too.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Best thing is. The Variant System doesn't have a solid quota like... seven variant classes. They are temporary counterfeits made from the standard ones. So you can make Custom Classes under this system, while leaning on their origin but still giving them a role in the story as Supports or copies.

Also. Special thanks to White Frenzy for cropping the Lover Icon that I couldn't do myself and thus shamelessly stole.

You're the best!
    Last edited by Wyvern; August 27th, 2021 at 07:48 PM.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What are some yokai that I could make into Servants? So far, all I really have in mind are Sugawara no Michizane and Sutoku Tennou, and folding Taira no Masakado into a Takiyashahime v2.0.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    What are some yokai that I could make into Servants? So far, all I really have in mind are Sugawara no Michizane and Sutoku Tennou, and folding Taira no Masakado into a Takiyashahime v2.0.
    hm as suggestion how would it be if you for that take some Ainu figures into consideration ?

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    hm as suggestion how would it be if you for that take some Ainu figures into consideration ?
    Well, considering that I specifically mentioned yokai (y'know, monsters and demons from Japanese folklore and mythology), I'd say that I'm not really looking for Ainu stuff, unless there are Ainu yokai I just don't know about.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    So, it looks like I found another distraction amidst my attempt to actually finish my long-term project.

There's this guy, a Dutch politician and commander, and an acquaintance of Napoleon. He's not that famous internationally, but he's described as a complete monster in my country's history books. His greatest feat is building a massive road connecting the east and west coasts of Java, which he completed in just a year. The road greatly boosted commerce, economy, and strengthened the occupation of Dutch forces in 18th-19th century Dutch East Indies/Indonesia.

The less-than-stellar part, however... no road that long could naturally be completed in just a year. He enforced a strict forced labor policy that claimed the lives of thousands, and even now, there are ghost stories/urban legends on how people travelling the road could see apparitions or hear voices of these countless dead workers.

In my mind, he'd be an evil, hate-sink Rider similar to Columbus, though I still have no idea on what his NP could do. It would obviously be based on the road, and the concept of "connecting two places together at the cost of countless lives". Maybe a teleportation gate that siphons massive amounts of mana from his surroundings? There could also be a demerit where spamming the NP could alert the vengeful spirits, and if they're pissed enough, they'd drag him kicking and screaming to the shadow realm.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out here. I may or may not get to him myself eventually, but I don't have any idea on how to develop his character beyond the classic corrupt, money-grubbing, attention-seeking, "Napoleon-senpai notice me plz" slaver, not to mention I already have a ton of other unfinished projects.
    Last edited by BnEl15; September 5th, 2021 at 01:19 PM.