Page 182 of 439 FirstFirst ... 82132172177180181182183184187192232282 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just did, thanks bro!

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on the first sheet. What sheet do you plan on doing next?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eyy, thanks man, feels good.

As I mentioned in the design notes, I originally formulated Gotz for a Fate fighting game roster, so I'll be doing the other 6 main classes on the new servant half, plus Ruler. So, that means:

Lancer: The Morrigan
    Archer: Hua Mulan
    Rider: Neil Armstrong
    Assassin: Simo Hayha
    Caster/Faker: Jay Gatsby
    Berserker: Albert Fish
    Ruler Jalter (Notably a joke character)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Not to be mean but simo hayha is kinda.. overdone as an assassin servant. I don’t think you will be able to make a unique version of him.

Maybe you should replace with someone else.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, that's actually good to know- like I said, hella new around here.

I was gonna do him as a hijacked Hassan spirit origin, since he's past the Mystery soft cap, and thus him manifesting normally would be rather difficult. Plus, since it takes place in a versus grail war, I liked the idea that he juxtaposes Robin Hood as an assassin that best functions more like an archer, since Robin is an archer that would best function more like an assassin. Also an excuse to allow the enemy assassin to be Gramps, who would just manifest on his own to go bring divine judgement on the poser.

But I'll definitely reconsider with the added knowledge, that opens things up for martial artists.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Albert fish is way too risky as a servant. Dude is a literal child raping cannibal. I’m fine with doing risky servants but some servants like Nazi heroic spirits are taboo for a reason.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I feel like Albert fish is way too risky as a servant. Dude is a literal child raping cannibal. I’m fine with doing risky servants but some servants like Nazi heroic spirits are taboo for a reason.
    There's actually been two sheets of him done already.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I did one. Not my best work, but he's there. I think Bugs did the other one.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    That's why I want him- obviously not the rape part, but the cannibalism? That's good ability creation material. Specifically, I'd be looking to focus on his monikers, (Gray Man, Moon Maniac, The Boogey Man, The Brooklyn Vampire, Werewolf of Wysteria) because I want a MONSTER. A lot of fate material usually has a monster servant, some big threat that servants have to jump together. Think Avicebron's NP Golem in Apochrypha, Pale rider in Strange/Fake, Gilles's wacky tentacle monster in Zero. I wanna do that with him. My idea is that he lies low at the beginning and just eats people when he can get to them, slowly mutating into this cancerous beast, like a more bestial, malignant Tetsuo from Akira.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Yeah, I did one. Not my best work, but he's there. I think Bugs did the other one.
    SICK, I'll take a look to make sure I'm not copying you two

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Maybe his many nicknames have some innocent monster effect on him where he slowly becomes what people think of him.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That one was a product of my edgy phase (not to say I'm any less edgy now, considering the guy I'm currently doing), and I took inspiration from that one vocaloid song about him. It's... really disturbing, though. Possibly NSFW.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, vocaloid shit goes crazy sometimes- Seraphim on the Ring makes me want to flesh out the Jaguar Man and Bradamante Berserker concepts I have on the backburner
    Last edited by Vididii; June 29th, 2022 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added hyperlink

Blog Entries
    In lieu of the newest Rider to be released, how much interest is there in making sheets about the Eight Dog Warriors?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The who?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Zero, for the reasons Skull listed above.

I'm sure to be the lucky one Desdinova Incarnate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any tips or advice for making Mage sheets? I've been thinking of making sheets for the members of Elysium, the antagonists of my Horizon of Strange Stars project on the Singularity/Lostbelt thread. I never really thought about what kind of magecraft they'd use until now, so Libera didn't do anything himself in Xanadu and left everything to Sun Wukong and to an extent, Kublai Khan. But seeing as I'm just getting started and Indus is in the works I figured it might be neat to include mage profiles along side the Servants and stuff.

I've had a few ideas for what they'd be capable of though. The guy on the far left (Libera) could be some sort of walking alchemic factory (like the inside of his body is a glorified alchemical lab) who can change the composition of their skin into various metals or something as well as being capable of some degree of biohacking to fit his whole rebellious hippie vibe I intended for him. I had an idea for the blonde on the far right (Lou) to have some sort of divination magecraft and some really strong spell inspired by a lesser version of what the Deep Thought computer from Hitchhiker's Guide was capable of. iirc Deep Thought used the experiences of sentient creatures (not sure if it was just Earth) to calculate the meaning of life. So something similar to that. For the second person from the left (Ark-Elyse), I was thinking she'd have some form of proficiency focused on summoning familiars based on mythological spirits like Lemurs, Eidolons, Djinns, Youkais, etc. And have some sort of mystic code that allows them to "inject" these spirits into themselves and somehow merge with them for extra power? The guy in the middle (Bridge), I don't think he'll have an magic circuits, but he's like Atlas alchemists where they don't cast magic themselves but use Alchemy and modern science to create powerful weapons, in this case that power suit. The second person from the right (Zazari), I don't have too much for, but I'll probably figure something out eventually.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I might put together a blog post on How To Magus at some point or something, but a quick skeleton that might help:

Are they part of a family? Those who are tend to typically be more orthodox, following the traditions of their clan in order to use their arts. That said - and I may be wrong on this - the importance of families is mostly a western Magecraft thing, since Philosophy Keys are compared to library cards rather than a Magic Crest's bookshelf. Philosophy Magi would probably only care about bloodlines insofar as having a default heir and cultivating Magic Circuits.

If they are from an established lineage, how old are they? A Magus generation is about 30-50 years, which is the point where you are generally expected to stop working on your craft and focus on raising an heir. According to Avicebron, it's possible to reach his level in around ten generations, and the Wodime are on their eleventh uninterrupted generation by the time Wodime shows up. Note that rather than pure age, it's actually more important how high you can combo before having to shift gears from tragedy, failure of Foundation, or something like that.

What your Foundation is attached to is also important. The Servant attributes of Heaven, Earth, and Man apply here, and Magi also have the option of Flora. If your Foundation is based in the Earth, you're going to care a lot about the land and won't be moving around much, but it'll survive a lot longer than the comparatively freer Man that's based in faith and culture.

Thaumaturgical attribute (or Sorcery Trait if you're so inclined) is generally based in the family's craft, and is best thought of as a unique spin on how their spells function. An attribute of "Waiting", to pick a purely random example, might cause the spell to not immediately activate even after being cast and only do so when certain conditions are met, all the while accumulating more power... or something. Basically, it's what makes your execution unique. It's always important to note your Foundation's elemental system too since it interacts with the attribute to decide exactly what it means - and remember, your element is essentially a broad expression of your more specific Origin.

Oh, and a rule of thumb, Mystery is just a property of information that increases over time and is lost when its shape changes. It doesn't strictly have anything to do with faith or how widespread something is - those are qualities that a Foundation cares about. A diamond cut 2000 years ago has a lot of Mystery that would be largely lost if it were to shatter. Concepts can be broken down in the same way if people understand them enough to break them down. It's a Mystery in the sense that ancient cults used the term, not as in the sense of a whydunnit in a locked room.

Hopefully these are enough to provide at least a couple of springboards for your creativity to get going.
    This may help.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually relating to that, I had an idea for a few servant sheets, and was wondering if I could get a second opinion on it.

The idea is essentially that the eponymous Brothers Grimm were the final mages of a dying lineage, both born with issues. For Jacob, it was an abysmal circuit count, while for Wilhelm, it was a horrifically bad reaction to using his circuits. Part of the reason for all their siblings was their father desperately trying for a child without their issues, but failing.

Eventually, Jacob would inherit the crest, while Wilhelm went on to a short lived but highly active career as an enforcer. This would go on to influence their retelling of fairytales, as Wilhelm used some as a way of alleviating his guilt.

The reason for all this hoop jumping is a excuse for a series of fairytale sheets with a large influence of type moon magecraft, as the people who Wilhelm encountered have their existence combined with the phantoms of fairy tales, partially due to the Brothers Grimm tales often becoming very influential of those stories.

The first example, and the sheet I'm working on at the moment, is Little Red Riding Hood(Berserker), where the little girl was actually a young magus being used as a test subject/weapon by her grandma against her will, killing her tormentor and in exchange being killed by Wilhelm in a final confrontation.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Question, suppose that one were to make a Sheet of Jesus Christ. What kind of Skill would you use to represent his divine power. Obviously something like the Sacraments or Magecraft wouldn't be quite right but I can't quite put my finger on the answer...
    Y'know, hypothetically speaking and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Zero, for the reasons Skull listed above.
    I wasn't playing silly beggars by the way, I legit don't even know who these supposed "dog warriors" are. I presume Cú is one?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Question, suppose that one were to make a Sheet of Jesus Christ. What kind of Skill would you use to represent his divine power. Obviously something like the Sacraments or Magecraft wouldn't be quite right but I can't quite put my finger on the answer...
    Y'know, hypothetically speaking and all that.
    Assuming divinity doesn't fit the bill? Well, canonically we have Martha's Miracle skill, so a high level of that might work.