Page 112 of 439 FirstFirst ... 1262102107110111112113114117122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 8765

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What is the most difficult thing for you guys in making sheets, is typically the miscellaneous stuff like relationships and bond lines

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    What is the most difficult thing for you guys in making sheets, is typically the miscellaneous stuff like relationships and bond lines
    Lately, Skills and NP, though I've been experimenting with some new stuff as well in those areas. Aside from that, lore and Bond CE, as not every figure has an obvious beloved item/memorable event/heartfelt conversation/etc. that can easily be adapted into a CE.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I would like to consult my esteemed peers once again, don’t worry I promise to wait for the replies this time.

As I mentioned in the Faceclaim thread, I have started a Servant sheet but I am having trouble with what to do about his Noble Phantasm. His spear is nameless and fairly un-noteworthy aside from the fact that people would swear oaths by putting their hand on the spear’s blade (think how you might do the same nowadays with a bible in court) and if you were found guilty of perjury, he would be within his right to strike you down without provocation.

The only thing that comes to mind would be to rip off Giriko’s ability from Bleach to where the Servant can place “conditions” on the fight and whoever breaks them suffers a harsh penalty. But I dunno if that has enough oomph.

Thoughts?
    oaths are a form of prayer so perhaps a form of that he can summon spirits of the person that oathed on his spear which assist him and the more the neccesary task is related to their nature of the oath the more and better can they help Lancer ?

Also perhaps as the Spear is the conceptual truth does it damage more the more lies and deceits ther opponentt old in his life ?

- - - Updated - - -

Well at one point tricky but at the other an spice of fate to think how that person would think of the one other ,bondlines are more diifficult forr me .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    How did you not realize I didn't write Darwin Koga? Revlid wrote it and I made that quite clear. As for your Darwin sheet, why the hell would he have an Authority? He is not a god.

Though I do like the idea of speeding up and messing with evolution.
    Sorry i oversaw that detail Anju about the authority is it as he has made the theory does that translate to an form of Thaumaturgy as Caster respectively as origin of the theory has he conceptual authority as known Father of Evolution .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 4th, 2022 at 05:45 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    As form of tribute to the ctual situation do i like to make some or atleas one servant of the Ukraine country i know there are some rulers of the Kievan Rus time but are there some Ukrainian national heros i dont know of ?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I haven't written actual narrative in years and as a result I'm shit at writing dialogue.
    I genuinely believe every sheet of mine that has dialogue could have been better if I found a way to convey the same info in some other way (except Amaterasu I guess).

Blog Entries
    Well, sometimes I have an idea for parts of a sheet, but to actually make the sheet work the way I'd like it to work, it would need to incorporate parts of the franchise that I don't really have enough experience with so far. This can be stuff like making a Servant that used to be a certain kind of mage while not knowing enough about certain magecraft concepts, or making a Servant that logically would have interactions with canon Servants from stuff I haven't gone through yet, or making sheets that deeply involve certain concepts I know relatively little about like Machine Gods or the Moon Cell etc. etc.. Happens more often to me than you'd think, but as I consume more of the franchise, that should become less of a problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    As form of tribute to the ctual situation do i like to make some or atleas one servant of the Ukraine country i know there are some rulers of the Kievan Rus time but are there some Ukrainian national heros i dont know of ?
    Vladmir the Great comes to mind based on a quick wiki search. Though I guess he would technically count as a Russia Servant so not sure if you'd want to do him since it might be best to ban Russian Servants completely. I've had a few that I've had to scrap too sadly.

As for what makes writing a sheet difficult for me personally to write? Putting everything into words as I'm not too confident in my prose and I just end up re-editing the same parts over and over.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; March 4th, 2022 at 06:40 PM.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Vladmir the Great comes to mind based on a quick wiki search. Though I guess he would technically count as a Russia Servant so not sure if you'd want to do him since it might be best to ban Russian Servants completely. I've had a few that I've had to scrap too sadly.

As for what makes writing a sheet difficult for me personally to write? Putting everything into words as I'm not too confident in my prose and I just end up redditing the same parts over and over.
    the country has not much to do for the madnnes of that one man which leads it to demise Anju is my oppinion though i can say that i had the stance that War in Europe is goten to be an Utopie. to be honest .

Blog Entries
    I make my sheets difficult by the nature of concepts i insert into them
    For me, coming up with a personality is the most difficult part.

Because the Santa contest was so much fun, I thought about what kind of other contests may be fun enough to do in Summer perhaps.
    But the only ideas i have/remembered from others is a Faceclaim Contest and a Co-op contest.
    The latter sounds fun to let two people work together qnd create a servant with the strengths of both, but experience says that may be difficult to execute.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post

Because the Santa contest was so much fun, I thought about what kind of other contests may be fun enough to do in Summer perhaps.
    But the only ideas i have/remembered from others is a Faceclaim Contest and a Co-op contest.
    The latter sounds fun to let two people work together qnd create a servant with the strengths of both, but experience says that may be difficult to execute.
    For the second idea it depends on the two creators if their styles are compatible like could you think making a collaboration servant with me Delrey ? Though i made already one time one collaboration servant with Royd .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 4th, 2022 at 09:40 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, if it's seasonal, summer Servants? It's very limited though.

Blog Entries
    Kind of spitballing for this one, but would anybody be interested in doing the Yoshinaka Shitenno: Tate Chikatada, Nenoi Yukichika, Higuchi Kanemitsu, and Imai Kanehira? Or perhaps a general interest in The Tale of the Heike as a whole? Besides the Minamoto and Taira clan members there are plenty of interesting characters in it just waiting to be made into servants.

Blog Entries

Honestly I'd 100% be down for just, Summer Secret Santa, y'know? Making the Secret Santa contest bi-yearly rather than once a year.

About the Co-Op Contest: people often ask for help from others in open threads like this one even when they aren't explicitly collaborating with one person, so it may feel a bit weird to work without that option. As for the Faceclaim Contest, to maximise partecipation, it would probably require a range of very different faceclaims each time rather than just one option each time. I'd probably try both of them out anyway.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar

I honestly would love a co-op contest. I've been wanting an excuse for a while now to find a way to work with someone else. I feel like it would be a good "iron sharpens iron" experience as well, as we would be able to benefit from learning more about what each other does when making servants and how we can apply that to how we do it. Also, I think it'd be super fun, and might allow for some truly unique servants by being created by two different people with their own styles.

For the faceclaim contest, I do agree with Serra, in that we'd probably have to make sure that there is enough faceclaims to make sure it would not be too difficult or too few for the participants.

Blog Entries
    Yeah a FC contest would need to provide three submitted pictures with proper info who the folks are and where they come from. That way one can research them, find their own pics and get inspired who might fit the bill.

Co-op might be too early to push out. First it would have to be more commonplace to see this actually happen. Cooperation is more than just getting feedback and a suggestion. It is working together and sharing the work. Like one providing the idea and concepts for the skills and personality, while the other one does the writing and presentation.
    So if you want a shared servant, perhaps just ask here or in private someone what might fit the bill. The first step that might inspire others.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As someone who knows a bunch of anime/game characters who could make for good fcs without knowing who they should be, I'd be all in for pawning them off in a fc contest.

Also I agree that collabs need to be more commonplace before we can make a contest. Asking for feedback/inputs are one thing, but working together on a roughly 50/50 workload with someone else who has a completely different writing style compared to yourself would be much harder. I'm always open if anyone has any collab ideas they want to share with me though.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As I look over my latest creation which is steadily approaching completion, as is custom I wonder if it really was necessary to write this much. Do people really care to read about the different aspects of his psyche, the overly complicated history he accrued and every little thing he can accomplish with his Noble Phantasm... or perhaps it is better to let the audience imagine it for themselves to fill in the gaps since what they dream up is likely better than trying to put it into words.

...Why do I do this to myself.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sheets should be as detailed as possible, it's not like these characters will have the chance to be explored in an actual narrative.

That's said, being concise is always better and I always fail at it, so I understand your pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    As I look over my latest creation which is steadily approaching completion, as is custom I wonder if it really was necessary to write this much. Do people really care to read about the different aspects of his psyche, the overly complicated history he accrued and every little thing he can accomplish with his Noble Phantasm... or perhaps it is better to let the audience imagine it for themselves to fill in the gaps since what they dream up is likely better than trying to put it into words.

...Why do I do this to myself.
    I usually try nowadays to limit what to write down and what the audience would just be able to fill in themselves. Like say someone has the Housekeeping skill (one of my creations) and the function is that it lets you have various house management skills, just mention a few (cooking, cleaning, gardening etc.) and the audience can extrapolate what those other skills are. I imagine you could right now, right?

Same for things like Imperial Privilege where you can just mention that someone uses it to get 'academic' skills (mathematics, biology, physics etc.) and then just work in hints in their biography/personality as to what they focus mostly on. Again for things like mental interference NP's and such - does the audience really need to know it can be blocked by mental resistance when the effect that it's a mental interference makes this obvious. Probably not.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    wouldnt say you "always" fail. your sheets are great and i do not remember reading parts that felt unnatural

after a bit of ruminating and talking to Morg, I came to the conclusion that the length of a sheet is irrelevant if what we read feels natural.
    We had long sheets before and for some, the 'length' was felt because the content was lacking substance.
    You can explain too much or too little. Two sheets of the same length can feel different because of it. Like...imagine my most complicated sheets are shrunk down to the size of a sheet from Vance for example (who mastered the art of short, yet complete sheets). Or a sheet of, idk, Mata Hari the size of several chapters in the Lore section.
    As long as the text explains what it needs to convey and it reads well without straining the reader, any length can be acceptable.

I personally think there are a few points where people could cut down the length of sheets:
    a) canon skills. We know what riding, divinity and magic resistance do by now. add why they have it and it is enough.
    b) cut useless information in the Lore section that has no relevance in the sheet or skills. We dont need historic information irrelevant in their story, skills or personality. it is like in a movie and we are the audience: setup and payoff. Things that are seen in their abilities or personality are important, the rest is often noise.
    c) dont force quotes after every little thing. I personally strongly dislike a quote after their parameters, because it just boils down too "see! me stronk!" and "why me weak?!?!?1!". If your servant has something witty to say, do so. If he has something witty to say to only one skill, but not the other one, then don't pull something out of your ass to keep the symmetry going. Some can overdue this. BnEl knows what he does, because they add to lore and personality, but even then, it can feel tedious sometimes. Coming up with a complete personality is hard. Making a whole Personality/Description section is one thing, but doing that and inserting a bunch of quotes is a whole character study that is hard to pull off as organic in a sheet.

I have probably failed several points in my own sheets over time, but I think that is roughly my philosophy for now.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.