Page 156 of 439 FirstFirst ... 56106146151154155156157158161166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 8768

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Ooh, that musical. I like the idea, though you'd probably have to expand more on their motives, like why replicating the Angra-ritual thing is so important for them, or if they have any deeper purpose achievable by accomplishing it.
    To be perfectly honest, I was just thinking on the 4 Assassins group as a Watcher and I was trying to think as a unifying figure for them.
    The Angra-ritual is true "sure, sounds good to me" bullshit. That's fair tho, I had something in me head about a scenario where an
    President
    "All Mighty Force"
    is ruling America through Supernatural means and Watcher is then like summoned as the by something (Counter Force maybe) as a last means of rebellion essentially like a curse, picking one random dude and just basically torturing them until he breaks and desire to
    shoot
    connect
    his misery with that ruling force.

Something like that

To be really honest, I was just vibing to the musical

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I like the whole "summoned to fight a tyrannical President" scenario, and getting the Master to associate his suffering with said President.
    I imagine the Master could be... a patriotic combat veteran, maybe? Then Watcher teaches them to look behind the veil of patriotism and stuff.

I'll probably leave writing that to the actual Americans, though. To begin with, idk enough about the whole cultural/historical/sociological roots of the American Dream to write a compelling sheet around it.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post

Edit:
    After reading more on that musical, I feel like a Watcher that shows "the dark side of the American Dream" in general would work better rather than making an Angra copy. You might want to diversify the shadows more in that case, representing different "evils". I imagine one assassin, one industrialist, one Hollywood star, and one politician, maybe?
    Yeah, I'm not american, I just like the 4 (succesfull) President Killers as their very own like "forces of history" instead of just a general "dark side of America". It's 4 "losers" who did such a heinous act against the American Ideal, that they've been immortalized as part of a like "tradition" that is, if not exclusive, pretty dominated by the USA.
    In short uuuhhhh listen to Assassins, it's good, it's by Sondheim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    ahh~
    the Watcher King of the Hearts~
    tbh, if this commentary is for my idea, I don't really get the reference

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

I felt that my Food class post was incomplete, so I went ahead and created two class skills. Edited the previous post if anyone wants to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    honestly "Loser" would be a better name for that lol
    Yeah, food probably isn't the best name, but it plays well into a servant I'm working on.
    Last edited by HumanComplex; May 23rd, 2022 at 03:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    you concentrate on monsters too much when cannibalism and vampirism is an important aspect in myths.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    I felt that my Food class post was incomplete, so I went ahead and created two class skills. Edited the previous post if anyone wants to check it out.

Yeah, food probably isn't the best name, but it plays well into a servant I'm working on.
    Bro I gotta be honest this is the weakest class concept I've ever read. Food?
    People mentioned Victim and Loser but those (kinda sorta maybe) work because they're more general, your take so narrow and weirdly focused on the literal vore.

I'm sure it works well with your character because... That's what it is, a character concept, not a class.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Bro I gotta be honest this is the weakest class concept I've ever read. Food?
    People mentioned Victim and Loser but those (kinda sorta maybe) work because they're more general, your take so narrow and weirdly focused on the literal vore.

I'm sure it works well with your character because... That's what it is, a character concept, not a class.
    This was meant to be a niche class that should be seen less as a class, and more as a character concept in general. It’s just that the focus in degree is mainly due to my idea as “a hero is one who defeat the monster, so a Food would be someone who is going to be eaten”. I felt that shooing it in in a more general class would be underwhelming, as their nature is fundamentally different from a natural hero. But you’re right in that this is awfully specific, it would probably be better to see this as a subclass of a regular class, as like how Gunner is basically a subclass of Archer.

you concentrate on monsters too much when cannibalism and vampirism is an important aspect in myths.
    Vampirism and cannibalism can probably be a personal skill or a variation, but my take was pretty narrow. I’ll edit it later to make it more general.
    Last edited by HumanComplex; May 23rd, 2022 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    this can be condensed into just one servant trait like "Threat to Humanity" or "King". "Devoured" or something like that makes them susceptible to attacks of animalistic, bloodsucking servants and are perhaps even target of skills that target animals.
    It shouldnt be a subclass either. Two candidates can have completely different class qualifications after all.
    It is a fun concept to explore as servant or even a series. But not enough as a class.
    We are already scraping the bottom of the barrel with possible classes here. Lover is the only fanmade class that popped off here with a devout following.

...Man i hope Wyvern is fine and can show us more about his Hammer Class concept. I know the whole deal of this class and like it but it is his baby.

Edit: appears as if i wasnt the only one with this double post bug once you edit a post

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

this can be condensed into just one servant trait like "Threat to Humanity" or "King". "Devoured" or something like that makes them susceptible to attacks of animalistic, bloodsucking servants and are perhaps even target of skills that target animals.
    It shouldnt be a subclass either. Two candidates can have completely different class qualifications after all.
    It is a fun concept to explore as servant or even a series. But not enough as a class.
    We are already scraping the bottom of the barrel with possible classes here. Lover is the only fanmade class that popped off here with a devout following.

...Man i hope Wyvern is fine and can show us more about his Hammer Class concept. I know the whole deal of this class and like it but it is his baby.

Edit: appears as if i wasnt the only one with this double post bug once you edit a post
    So you also had that double post thing when editing? I thought it was just me and my dumb ass screwing up. Should we report it to the mods or something? I don’t really know the procedures around this.

Back to the class argument, I have to admit that I … forgot about the class traits. Honestly, I can see the argument there, but I’ve always regarded class traits as something general across all classes. Like, the Fae trait would apply to all fairy servants, despite their classes, simply because they’re of Fae species. However, a hunter servant with the trait of devoured is contradictory and take away from the hunter theme.

This however raises a bit of a question. When does the line between classes end? There are endless way to bullshit something like “Uncle Sam with the Freedom Lance”. But to each their own, I may try to make one servant with this concept and see the reception.

Blog Entries
    bullshit ytingour way into a standard class is part of the appeal of working within the boundary of a framework. Making a class for each niche dilutes the idea of classes. Rather than making a sheet special through their class, make a sheet just special and the class as a little extra part of the experience.

regarding the bug, there is a thread for it but idk where. I only walk these familiar streets of the fanfic forum and sometimes see this thread pop up in the Whats New? area

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, so a few things I’m struggling with at the moment:
    1. What would you all recommend I do for Saber Masamune v2.0’s Skills to make him similar but different to canon Muramasa. So far, all I have is a Skill that is essentially a reversed polarity version of Muramasa’s Contemporary Ill Omen Skill that functions as a “special attack against the enemies of governors/kings” rather than a “special attack against governors/kings”.
    2. Any ideas or research material you’d recommend for a Hephaestion sheet? I don’t think I’ve seen one before, and I’ve already done Iskandar Alter, so…

- - - Updated - - -

And now that I think about it, I may even go back and redo my White Rider and Red Rider sheets to match the functions of the canonical Pale Rider, and maybe even do a Black Rider in the same style.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hi, quick question, what do you all think of the idea of Lover Mozi, based on his doctrine of universal love? I'm planning to maybe do it, but I'm not completely clear on the qualifications for the class.

Ooh and Lambda, for Hephaestion, do something with Appointer of the King maybe, because his first major role was appointing the king of Sidon? Maybe touch upon his deification after death by Alexander?
    Last edited by jishara; May 24th, 2022 at 12:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Hi, quick question, what do you all think of the idea of Lover Mozi, based on his doctrine of universal love? I'm planning to maybe do it, but I'm not completely clear on the qualifications for the class.
    Having now read on Mozi, I'm not sure he exactly qualifies, though Lover's nature as a fanon Class means it's rules are looser. You can use Wyvern's description as a base, and also look into the different Servants people have made with them, which can be found in Del's Extra class blog. However, for a more personal description from me, Lover is for those that typically don't fit in other Classes. For people like queens that that have no real right to be casters or assassins, mothers or prostitutes whose claims to fame are associated with either the amount of people or who they served, and those that simply can't be slotted into the normal Classes but stories are permeated with concepts of love. I've done a number of Lovers which can be used as examples, as had Wyvern when he was around.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Judging from this
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Heroic Spirit of Romance and Affairs.

Defined by the relationships of love and romance which they have built in their lives, these servants derive strength from the aspects of their legends connected to individuals they held romantic feelings for or those who held strong feelings for them. On the other hand, Lover class servants are also those who were the target of unrequited love.

Loved by others they did not love in turn.

Helen of Troy, Guinevere, Mark Anthony, Romeo.

They can all be considered candidates for the Lover Class.
    I don't think so if you're taking the letters of the quote? But there's been weirder qualifications for a Class in canon so it could work I guess. I think you should ask Wyvern himself that ultimately.

Edit: Wait Wyvern is not around anymore?!

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. Wyvern is pretty MIA. He had this big lostbelt project that he never followed through on. I had a theory that he was making that one fire Percy Jackson and fate/GO crossover on spacebattles.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Edit: Wait Wyvern is not around anymore?!
    He hasn't shown up in quite a while, yeah.
    It's happened before (I think), but IIRC this is the longest he's been gone.

Blog Entries
    I am sure our Brazilian friend will return. He is not someone that would quit fanfiction on a whim. I mean he even offered submissions for fanfics.
    Sure hope he is okay.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Wyvern is doing fine and well. As Nine said, he's now mainly active in SpaceBattles writing an intriguing Percy Jackson/FGO crossfic.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, you mean What was Created by God? I guess that would makes sense, the author is called WyverNine after all...

Edit: And confirmed.

Blog Entries
    "Food" reminded me I had something lying around that I was supposed to write up eventually.

I did a blog. Hopefully it's coherent, I will expand on it if not.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024