Page 385 of 439 FirstFirst ... 285335375380383384385386387390395435 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 8777

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    I'm not sure where to ask this. Should I just ask Del directly?
    Idk
    It's about the summer collab event.
    It's still a go, right?
    I can't help but be curious of the starting date because of making a very poor attempt at a subject change of it being close to June and July.

Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Fellas
    I approach y'all with an idea for summer
    Summer is usually a time when the activity is a bit slower. Summer heat, vacation, socializing have their parts in it. at least for us Northeners (sry brazil gang). One simply has not enough time to put effort into many sheets.
    So, why not share the burden.

I have the idea that we have a Summer Contest that's purpose is to release a sheet TOGETHER.
    My idea is that we create a Summer Collab Contest

Specific rules can be discussed later. Will we draw lots to see who will pair up? Teams are made up as they please?
    With prompts or without? Will we write a short text with fields they wish to write servants for and people have to choose without knowing who they get but know their interests align?
    It will not be a Secret Santa 2.0, but aspects of it can iinspire it.

It is a shower thought i had, so feedback if any would be interested to develop it further
    Or rather, the page that it was discussed on at least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I wasn't objecting to your "material conditions" point (which is borderline tautologous to me), but the "dialogues are pointless" one. It's strange to say that a conversation can't change people's minds because only material conditions do that, when as you even admitted being surrounded by radically different people who disagree with you (and vocally express that) is itself a material condition.
    I don't know why you are taking "a single conversation" and making it "but what if you were completely isolated and bombarded with conversations day after after day after day in a new place surrounded by new people?"

To put it back to you, he remained exactly the same person, despite having contact with people of the races he was taught to hate, and being told "you know I'm an ordinary person like you, right?" and absolutely none of it made any difference until he moved away from home into a radically different environment. It's strange to say that a conversation can change people's minds while holding up someone it did absolutely nothing for on its own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    VERY OBVIOUS SUBJECT CHANGE

I'm not sure where to ask this. Should I just ask Del directly?
    Idk
    It's about the summer collab event.
    It's still a go, right?
    I can't help but be curious of the starting date because of making a very poor attempt at a subject change of it being close to June and July.
    Yooo. Life's been busy, but i did not forget this one. We hold it in July, instead of the Rework Contest. Therefore it will start on the first of the month, but I hope to release the thread for it several days before.

While I am on it, I am still looking for a map that we can use for the event, so I can put some interesting spots on there. Those experienced in creating environments, like some who made RPGs here and made up some interesting locations, may send me some pictures for those too, if they like. Then perhaps I get inspired to add some new locales.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    I don't know why you are taking "a single conversation" and making it "but what if you were completely isolated and bombarded with conversations day after after day after day in a new place surrounded by new people?"

To put it back to you, he remained exactly the same person, despite having contact with people of the races he was taught to hate, and being told "you know I'm an ordinary person like you, right?" and absolutely none of it made any difference until he moved away from home into a radically different environment. It's strange to say that a conversation can change people's minds while holding up someone it did absolutely nothing for on its own.
    For one thing you didn't actually say "a single conversation", but "a conversation" and are clarifying it after the fact, in a context highly suggestive that you thought debating with people who have opposing views is pointless in general. And I think it's pretty clear that a single conversation won't instantly change someone's beliefs, but it can push them over the edge in combination with other things. At this point we're just haggling over the price, as Churchill said.

I'd have to read more about Black's history, but having contact with people isn't the same as actually befriending them and opening yourself to what they have to say. And that's what can bring actual change. Of course it's true that certain material conditions are conducive to that, but that doesn't make the conversation valueless. If someone's belief is the result of their entire life circumstances as you said, then their changing their minds is also the culmination of every bit of contradicting information they'd experienced but dismissed up until that point. Kind of like a paradigm shift in science.

Blog Entries
    I mean, I thought I was pretty clear when I used the singular the first time.

Not that any of this matters, I don't think for a second you're going to walk away from this with your mind changed.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I thought I was pretty clear when I used the singular the first time.
    I mean, not necessarily. Does saying "I want a friend" really mean you strictly want only a single friend and no one else?

Not that any of this matters, I don't think for a second you're going to walk away from this with your mind changed.
    Nor I, you. Maybe someday your material conditions will change and you'll realize material conditions don't actually shape beliefs.

Seriously though, debate can have value even if neither side embraces their opponent's position, just for the chance to examine implications of your own views and polish critical thinking. Plus it can influence third-party spectators who might be on the fence.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i am conceptualize my Mage society and Magical history of the Libanon and it get slowly quite long detailed and lenghty should i post it in the Mage thread or in a seperate own Setting or worldbuild thread ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’d go with the mage Thread, Koga

Wyrd oft nereπ unfǽgne eorl, ώonne his ellen dιah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering why I've made so few Archer Class Servants over the years and now trying to craft one now I realize the reason, there's only so many ways you can write "fire an arrow that does something special" without it getting same-y after a while.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Must be why the standard approach to Archers is "choose a different projectile".

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure that the Archer class is a bit... loose regarding ranged weapons.
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    a Question att he Sheetomancers here is there a way to making links for a specific part of one post ? i mean like the chapters links in wikipedia?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    yes and no. It is possible with BBCode, but it is not possible in our forum.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Those experienced in creating environments, like some who made RPGs here and made up some interesting locations, may send me some pictures for those too, if they like. Then perhaps I get inspired to add some new locales.
    I'm not experienced in creating anything nor I know anyone with these specs, but I know a site one of my acquaitances used to create their own custom maps sometimes. Maybe it'll be useful to you while we don't find something properly beach-y enough?
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

Blog Entries
    Ooh, that's a neat tool. I am mostly looking on Pinterest and hoping it spits out some new results here and there. This tool explains the similar art styles I have seen so far. Thank you, but it looks a bit too "oldschool" and "fantasy".
    I even tried to use DALL-E 2 to make me a map, but it looked like different PS2 textures cobbled together for something resembling a map.
    At this pace, I skip the map this year and just describe some interesting locations and hope yall can imagine the place for yourself

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Just download Unity and rip off FGO map assets
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, that's a neat tool. I am mostly looking on Pinterest and hoping it spits out some new results here and there. This tool explains the similar art styles I have seen so far. Thank you, but it looks a bit too "oldschool" and "fantasy".
    I even tried to use DALL-E 2 to make me a map, but it looked like different PS2 textures cobbled together for something resembling a map.
    At this pace, I skip the map this year and just describe some interesting locations and hope yall can imagine the place for yourself
    homie there's always me

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yooo. Life's been busy, but i did not forget this one. We hold it in July, instead of the Rework Contest. Therefore it will start on the first of the month, but I hope to release the thread for it several days before.

While I am on it, I am still looking for a map that we can use for the event, so I can put some interesting spots on there. Those experienced in creating environments, like some who made RPGs here and made up some interesting locations, may send me some pictures for those too, if they like. Then perhaps I get inspired to add some new locales.
    I normally just draw mine, but unironically, download Fortnite, and use its map creator.

Blog Entries
    It's been a while so I'll be blunt. Making a new Grail War is harddddd.

Very difficult. Very expensive, Dougleth.

I'm still kinda trying to come up with good concepts, but I think my old idea of a family stealing the Grail for themselves needs work. Finetuning.

I've got a point of divergence for my fic, namely that the Third Grail War ends inconclusively without even Angry Mango there to corrupt the Grail. However my old idea of the Einzberns simply failing to summon any Servant seems a bit... farfetched? Obviously something should go wrong since they're trying to brute force the system this time. Then I had the idea that in the aftermath of the 3rd HGW and WW2, there was a smaller-scale Grail War during the Cold War, during which the Grail is stolen. This might work out better? Only I still need to come up with our main antagonists, the assholes who stole the Grail in the first place.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osrio View Post
    It's been a while so I'll be blunt. Making a new Grail War is harddddd.

Very difficult. Very expensive, Dougleth.

I'm still kinda trying to come up with good concepts, but I think my old idea of a family stealing the Grail for themselves needs work. Finetuning.

I've got a point of divergence for my fic, namely that the Third Grail War ends inconclusively without even Angry Mango there to corrupt the Grail. However my old idea of the Einzberns simply failing to summon any Servant seems a bit... farfetched? Obviously something should go wrong since they're trying to brute force the system this time. Then I had the idea that in the aftermath of the 3rd HGW and WW2, there was a smaller-scale Grail War during the Cold War, during which the Grail is stolen. This might work out better? Only I still need to come up with our main antagonists, the assholes who stole the Grail in the first place.
    I mean, I think you can go either route.

If you go the "Eizberns fuck with the process a little too hard" I think you could probably frame it as, "in an attempt to pull some really powerful shit with a myriad of catalysts, they pour too much into the ritual, forcing the ritual to instead choose a servant based off the candidate's personality", with said Eizbern Master being a homunculus, and getting something weird. Whether that's a stops the war weird, or is something hollow and empty like a Stranger weird, I think it's still a viable route/convergence point.

If you go the Cold war steal route, I think it's funnier if it's just some fucking guy. Like, not a government agent or anything, just a guy who accidentally joined the war, rolled Lupin or Goemon or someone who could steal a grail, and goes off to (insert setting for your fic here) and vibes until the grail gets taken back and a new war starts.

Alternatively, the Cubans.