Page 88 of 439 FirstFirst ... 38788386878889909398138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 8773

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I'm basically done w the Secret Santa sheet, I just need to actually write down the lore, which is maybe not the step I should've left for last, but oh well.

In any case, a long-term thing I'd like to do is 1 Servant for each of the Mythology and History categories in the Create-a-Servant thread (excluding 'uncategorized others' of course), and I'm enjoying the whole 'making a servant for each of the seven standard classes before starting the cycle again' challenge I've set up for myself; I completed the first batch with Olyndicus, so if I do no repeats that means I've got roughly 4 batches left with the way the categories are set up now (though there's been some discussion of changing the categories, so we'll see); the Secret Santa sheet will be the first sheet of the second batch; which category should I hit next?
    Do a Southeast Asian Servant, perhaps. Especially one of the lesser-known ones. I've been... I won't exactly call it "working", but the Servant sheets are still there, grossly unfinished... on the nats of Myanmar, myself.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes, an enemy of humanity, he who deceived the world itself to dismantle the very foundations of the Human Order... Patroclus.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about the whole Pretender=Faker thing as well. On one hand, it makes it easier to write Pretenders with less restrictive requirements, but at the same time, it feels like Pretenders just lost its... unique "enemy of humanity" charm once they're lumped with Fakers? I hope Hephaestion is just an exception to the rule, but we shall see.

Blog Entries
    i just want a clarification of the class and its difference to faker. and that they confirm its a voyager-foreigner situation.
    Just keep both classes distinct and we can move on
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    I didn't ever think Pretender was necessarily for 'apocalypse bringers' like Vortigern. I kinda interpreted Holmes' explanation as them beings people so tied to falsehoods that they can use them to 'fool' their own souls and the world to alter it, like with Oberon's class-swapping shenanigans. So they would be 'opposed to the world' as in they unravel its logic just by being in this class.

As for Faker, I mainly interpreted the wording as somebody who specifically impersonated another figure through their life and have little, if any, informations known about themselves. So they can only ever 'change' into that person they copied. If that makes sense. Tough the Hephaiston thing is probably just a matter of convenience like with Voyager.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; January 10th, 2022 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Ah yes, an enemy of humanity, he who deceived the world itself to dismantle the very foundations of the Human Order... Patroclus.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about the whole Pretender=Faker thing as well. On one hand, it makes it easier to write Pretenders with less restrictive requirements, but at the same time, it feels like Pretenders just lost its... unique "enemy of humanity" charm once they're lumped with Fakers? I hope Hephaestion is just an exception to the rule, but we shall see.
    Why should all pretenders be enemies of humanity
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i dont know if any of you hhas heard of him but what do you say of a Kelsos /Voltaire pseudo servant ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Why should all pretenders be enemies of humanity
    Probably cuz' one of Oberon's Class Skills is literally called Anti-Human Order. 'Course, there's still a chance that such a thing is exclusive to Oberon, but without any other canon examples so far, that's how we've been treating Pretenders in the CaS threads. It's not necessarily a Class reserved for apocalypse-bringers, but the members have to oppose some aspect of the Human Order in some way. At least that's how we see it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Do a Southeast Asian Servant, perhaps. Especially one of the lesser-known ones. I've been... I won't exactly call it "working", but the Servant sheets are still there, grossly unfinished... on the nats of Myanmar, myself.
    Sure! Looked a bit into things and found a p cool candidate for a Southeast Asian Saber - I picked out one not from Myanmar so that you won't have to worry about overlap or anything. I already have some ideas for most other classes from the second batch, so once I'm done w the Secret Santa sheet (only half of the lore or so left to write out before that's ready) I'll keep working on it slowly starting from this Saber, and hopefully get ideas I like for a Caster and an Assassin as well somewhere down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    i dont know if any of you hhas heard of him but what do you say of a Kelsos /Voltaire pseudo servant ?
    Unfortunately I have no idea who Kelsos is, yeah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Sure! Looked a bit into things and found a p cool candidate for a Southeast Asian Saber - I picked out one not from Myanmar so that you won't have to worry about overlap or anything. I already have some ideas for most other classes from the second batch, so once I'm done w the Secret Santa sheet (only half of the lore or so left to write out before that's ready) I'll keep working on it slowly starting from this Saber, and hopefully get ideas I like for a Caster and an Assassin as well somewhere down the line

Unfortunately I have no idea who Kelsos is, yeah.
    of which region would you like to to a Caster or Assassin ?

and look here about Kelsos or Celsus which wrothe a treatise against christianity which had the name "The true Word" .

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I am planning to make a psudeo servant is there any tips on how it's different from a normal one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I am planning to make a psudeo servant is there any tips on how it's different from a normal one
    well there must you keep in mind in how the host and the servant are influencing each other are they compatible ? How is their personality as they are merging how the vessel influence the servant /being . Also how their Abbillities synergy either beneficial or rather disadvantagious ?

Who's the spirit you plan on using out of curiosity?
    Basically what Koga said.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Abu Ubaidah Ibn Al Jarrah

Super unfamiliar with Islamic heroes so I guess my only questiom is why should be a pseudo and not a regular HS?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    of which region would you like to to a Caster or Assassin ?

and look here about Kelsos or Celsus which wrothe a treatise against christianity which had the name "The true Word" .
    Among those for which I currently don't have an idea which I feel confident executing are Australia, Britain, China, Korea, the Netherlands, North America, Mesopotamia, and Polynesia

While some of their goals are shared, there are v significant differences... I'm not sure how interesting a sheet for Voltaire with Kelsos's powers and part of his personality bestowed upon him when he was a human would be. Honestly, to me Voltaire himself feels more like a Heroic Spirit than Kelsos does. If you want to do a servant sheet that includes both Voltaire and Kelsos at once, maybe you could make a version of Heroic Spirit Voltaire that's been artificially combined with Wraith Kelsos due to some external intervention? Or perhaps simply pick a modern mage as an host for Kelsos instead, and maybe have Voltaire be the Heroic Spirit that the host had originally summoned as a Servant?

If you wanted to ask instead about which humans to pick for a Voltaire pseudo-Servant or for a Kelsos pseudo-Servant, then that's another matter and I'm not really sure who I'd pick

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I actually caught this idea on a whim, when I making his NP Which I decided to be based on his skill tactic for his sieges since his pretty well know for that. Then I it kind of reminds me of what they did with Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi in FGO. So, that why I am making him a Pseudo Servant, then I found the a great Magi to complement him. Flat Escardos, which his style of magecraft kind of fits what I imagine Abu Ubaidah skills and NP Should be

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Still don't know why Nasu didn't just write her up as a genderswapped Hephaestion instead of that clunky "Iskandar's Shadow" nonsense.
    It makes infinitely more sense when you know the story of Case Files.

Spoiler:
    In Case Files, Faker's identity as a Fake is both a result of context and Dr. Heartless' plot. In terms of context, it's due to the entire system being composed of fakes. Faker was summoned by a fake master with fake command spells, using a fake holy grail, with the catalyst of Iskandar's mantle. The natural result is that a fake person connected to Iskandar was summoned.
    That's Faker. She was summoned, and Heartless gave this new class a name on the spot because of the above conditions; quite literally, he invented Faker as a Class. Faker herself is essentially an OC, but she's very important to Heartless' plot.
    Her status as a fake is a necessary component.
    Because she's Iskandar's body double, she can receive curses and blessings meant for him alike.
    So logically, she could gather prayers aimed at Iskandar. But humans worshipping is a very slow process, and there's no worship for Iskandar in the modern day.
    So Heartless entered stage two of his plot.
    He barged into the Spirit Tomb Albion, and got to the depths, deep in the earth where Sealing Designated individuals are stored, and used Norikata Emiya's temporal magecraft to create a zone of enormous time acceleration during a surge of mana from Albion's central energy veins. By praying to Iskandar outside that accelerated zone, Heartless was able to essentially create thousands of years of worship all by himself in the span of minutes, hours at most, and compile them into Faker as Iskandar's body double.
    In other words, he made the Divine Spirit Iskandar single-handedly, and Faker's existence as a body double and fake of Iskandar was absolutely vital to that. Hephaestion, someone who is intimately connected to Iskandar but absolutely distinct, would never have sufficed. Faker was quite literally born to take on burdens like that for Iskandar.

(Side note: Nasu isn't the writer for Faker or Case Files, Sanda is)

On Faker and Pretender:
    I'm going to say with confidence, even without her profiles yet available, that it's another Voyager-Foreigner situation, no need to raise any alarm bells. It's easier for the developers to not add extraneous classes when a viable approximation exists as far as gameplay goes. It'd be stupid to add new classes for single characters *cough*bb*cough*. If you ignore some of the conditions set out for Pretender, much as they more beligerently did with the Voyager-Foreigner connection, Pretender-Faker isn't really a hard sell.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Probably cuz' one of Oberon's Class Skills is literally called Anti-Human Order.
    Aaactually, while it's counted as a Class Skill, it's pointedly not one if you want to use strict delineation. His profile says as much:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon's Profile
    Anti-Humanity: D

The power to 'wait' on everything that mankind creates, the laws that work in humanity’s favour.

It is a skill that the Beast Class originally possessed.

Unable to hold any hatred or resentment, and eager to eradicate humanity as if it were a breath of air, Oberon has acquired the same skills as an Evil of Humanity after his long period of deception and servitude.
    It's pointedly a skill that Oberon obtained from his nature, rather than one granted by virtue of his Class. Ordinarily, it should only belong to Beasts (implicitly, it's Authority of the Beast), but he obtained it anyway.

However it's outright stated in LB6's story that Pretenders are meant to be enemies of the world, rather than of people or creatures.
    LB6 Chpt. 30
    Nemo Marine: It doesn't fit the mould of the seven Classes, it doesn't even correspond to a known Extra Class! I’ve never seen a class like that! Holmes, what is thatー!?

Holmes: … I have to say that’s a Class I’ve never seen before. A "Hero" is someone who is rightfully admired by the people and leads their time. And necessarily, there are those who oppose good... Counter Heroes who could be called “Anti-Heroes”. There are people who lie and cheat, who achieve great things through deception. A fake… no, “someone” who has achieved greater feats and power than the original article by swindling even the soul. Not one who seeks vengeance. Not an arbiter. Not a lifeform from outside this realm, nor even a droplet of a greater ego. “Pretender: One Who Wears a Role”. Not of humanity nor beasts, but a fraudulent Heroic Spirit who turns the world itself into their enemy. Certainly, Oberon’s name is appropriate…!

Blog Entries
    Man, coming from a relatively casual Nasuverse fan, I keep digging myself deeper into this hole I made for my next Servant's lore. It started with a certain figure X. Then I figured it would make sense for figure X to have an NP based on one Nasuverse concept. Then I tied him to some Nasuverse creatures. And before I know it, I now find myself writing a semi-fanfic on a civil war between the Church and the Mage's Association during one of history's most turbulent periods. What have I become, and what will become of this sheet? Even I don't know the answer anymore.

Blog Entries
    BnEI15 Thought process \/

honestly its the thing that i have also sometimes after looking into a servant the dance of thoughts and play of inspration ,right ?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    I think you posted on the wrong thread, Del. It's a kick-ass sheet tough, really stunning.