Page 35 of 439 FirstFirst ... 25303334353637404585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Wasn't that one refused by Eurystheus?
    It is still one of the Twelve though, still just as valid as the slaying of Hydra.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:45 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    It's valid. unless he specified PHH-Artoria, which he didn't; NINE could be talking about the character of King Arthur, or Prototype: Arthur, who is actually named Arthur Pendragon.
    ???

I understood what Nine was talking about and was merely pulling him up on a rookie mistake.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    It seems we are not even having the same conversation so let me just be clear. Nine was comparing the mythological figures of Sigmund and King Arthur in a general sense, completely devoid of the Nasuverse contrary to what you are implying. The reason I *know* this to be true is because Nine and I continued our conversation in the Miscellaneous Thoughts thread where we discussed the Sword in the Stone motif and Mordred's incestuous birth there.

Therefore, in this thread when I pulled up Nine for mistakenly calling King Arthur "Arthur Pendragon" it is specifically because I know he's not referring to the Nasuverse that I mentioned it in the hopes of correcting silly mistakes.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It seems we are not even having the same conversation so let me just be clear. Nine was comparing the mythological figures of Sigmund and King Arthur in a general sense, completely devoid of the Nasuverse contrary to what you are implying. The reason I *know* this to be true is because Nine and I continued our conversation in the Miscellaneous Thoughts thread where we discussed the Sword in the Stone motif and Mordred's incestuous birth there.

Therefore, in this thread when I pulled up Nine for mistakenly calling King Arthur "Arthur Pendragon" it is specifically because I know he's not referring to the Nasuverse that I mentioned it in the hopes of correcting silly mistakes.
    Wait, what's wrong with calling them "Arthur Pendragon"? Seems there is some precedent in literature for that.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Wait, what's wrong with calling them "Arthur Pendragon"? Seems there is some precedent in literature for that.
    Because it's incorrect? I let it slide when it comes to discussing the Nasuverse depiction because TM aren't known for their faithful portrayals (see "Arthur" turn out to be a girl) but since we were on the subject of the mythological Arthur I let out an audible groan at the mistake. That's all.

Then why on did you correct him in this thread?
    You probably aren't aware (since Nine has complained about you blocking him) but Nine has a peculiar habit of deleting his posts and then re-uploading them, either in the same thread or elsewhere. I commented on his post in this thread but then I see he's already posted the exact same message in another thread and so I went over there to have a conversation and unlike Nine I can't be bothered to delete my posts. It's really that simple.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Then why on did you correct him in this thread?

If the discussion was on another thread and didn't involve any of us, and the mistake (which at this point I'm not even sure what mistake you're even referring to) wasn't relevant here or obvious than wouldn't it have made more sense to do whatever there instead of bringing us into it?

At this point NINE made a critique comparing two different mythologies, than you and NINE had a discussion elsewhere. I have no clue how that went, but according to you it happened. And for whatever reason because you came back here to that original post, minus all the context (as this would only make sense to anyone else involved in that conversation on the other thread), to post a reply out of nowhere to correct a "rookie mistake" that based on my confusion seems to only be obvious or egregious to you.

If the conversation / evolved left this thread involve us before, whether it be on another thread or via PMs between the two, suddenly dragging the conversation here literally makes no sense.

God I need a drink and it's not even 5.
    a modest request can you take a look at my Atila build and tell me your oppinion please if that concept is getting promising .

and i will not bombard you like Nine but can i discuss some servant ideas and Lostbelt ideas with you over message ?

Also here

They are on me
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Sigmund himself is actually a pretty interesting figure. He wasn’t a great monster slayer like Sigurd. He was just a guy who got screwed over by the world. From losing his siblings to his father to accidentally committing incest to having his sword shattered by Odin. Dudes basically a cosmic punching bag.
    In Prototype Brynhildr talks about how Sigurd can be stone cold and grim faced so I imagine Sigmund would be an utterly stoic Sigurd brimming with rage and thinks that the honorable warrior thing is just utterly pointless tripe because at the end of the day the winner makes history, since you know he spent years as a brigand.

Sigmund also abandoned all the women in his life for further glory, Sieglinde, Borghild and then he died chasing Hjordis because Odin had enough of his shit. I'd write Sigmund as someone who initially appears as noble as Sigurd but when you get down to it he is absolutely willing to hit bellow the belt and takes pleasure in doing so and has no scrumples in using and discarding people or committing any attrocity

Volsung is the good guy who is shat by the world

Anyway an idea I had was making Raikou and the Four Heavenly Kings having some real anime rivalry shit with Shuten and the Four Onis (Ibaraki, Kane-doji, Hoshikuma-doji and Kuma-doji) but well we barely have any information. Hoshikuma would be the kind of enemy that gets super along with Kintoki because they are both idiots attracted to shiny stuff and too loyal to their own good to the point that it causes problems for their lords. Kintoki being super wishy washy about Shuten and just looking the other way whenever she does anything and Hoshikuma being an oni who could have become a guardian deity or something of the type if she wasn't bound to take care of Ibaraki as her elder cousin
    Last edited by BoktaiMoon; December 1st, 2021 at 10:04 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    My idea for a berserker Sigmund is an utterly feral caveman who is only driven by a desire to avenge his father. Worth noting that he also turned into a werewolf that one time.

Blog Entries
    Granted I also was hoping sometime to run this idea by Wyvern both to make sure I'm not possibly either stepping on his toes (so to speak) or getting in the way of an idea he may have planned and to hopefully cite that I'm not either stumbling into faux pas I'm not aware of and that ideally this won't come off as either culturally insensitive or offensive (as while I know they seem to focus on Brazil I was hoping that they might know some more about Andean Culture than I currently do/can recall).
    Ask and thou shall receive... a couple weeks later.

My bad.

Anyway. In terms of actual knowledge and experience with the Andean culture and other related mythologies, I am unfortunately not as well versed. The informatioN I can find and use most easily is that of assorted native tribes in the general area of Brazil, while the Incas and Mayans are a bit further away. Meaning that I can't find information nearly as easily as I'd like. I do know and have some acquaintances I could refer to if you need someone with better know how on those groups.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to do so myself.

However, there is something I can help with.

Mostly because while I've been working on the lore of the Divine and Sacred Trees, I've found out that in the Aztec myth, there existed 4 trees in wach cardinal direction which acted as an axis mundi of sorts. Which was mentioned during my Jaguar Goddess servant sheet. I am doing a divide when it comes to the way Nasuverse established the Aztec pantheon and the way I'm including the Incan and Mayan pantheons, while keeping them clone knit in concept, I am using the idea that the original gods of South and Central America were 'bunrei' created by the Divine Trees.

Simple terminals used to interact with the world.

What happened is that when the impact that killed the dinosaurs happened, it hit precisely the area where the Aztec Divine trees were located. Perhaps it was drawn to them. Or maybe it was a lucy coincidence. But the result is that the Aztec gods lost their original forms and their connection to the Divine trees they spawned from. Instead, the alien bacteria which were carried by the meteorite served as a new foundation for their physical bodies. It cut them off from the network of roots which connect all Divine Trees, while the Mayan Pantheon remained as they were.

So you can say that the Aztec pantheon is an 'Alter' version of the Mayan.

Meanwhile. The Incan Pantheon has a different path at least in my version of events.

Mostly, what lore I had for them was related to the Nazca Lines. And how the Inca pantheon was used as inspiration for the people who created the lines. Drawing them alongside leylines to create the 'image of god'. These 'Nazca Liners' function as gateways through which the Inca manifested after Sefar's arrival and destruction of most Gods on earth. With the Nazca Lines being connected to the golden staff which Viracocha used to establish the 'texture' which they inhabit. Unlike the other South American pantheons, which retreated into the Sacred Trees, the Incan Pantheon managed to keep a stronger foothold in the world through their 'Anchor'.

That's all I have for them, at least when it comes to my own alternative universe.

If I remember anything else, I'll be sure to post it here.

Hope it helped you.

Blog Entries

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also on another note: Ruler class (based on his religious philosophy) William Blake who uses quotes and poems to basically achieve effects similar to Magecraft.
    Huh, I actually included him as a Servant in my Urizen Lostbelt. Never got inspiration to actually write up the sheet but I imagine his NP would be the spiritual city of "Golgonooza" he exalted in his poetry.

Blog Entries
    Also is it okay if I borrowed the idea of Karmic rejection (or something like that) from your LB idea, as that would fit in with what I'm planning with Viracocha.
    Sure you can!

Karmic Rejection is a bit weird though.

It only happens in the Amazonic Lostbelt because of Iracema's influence over the land through her connection to the Sacred Tree. Her philosophy of 'only the children of this land may choose its future' taking a tangible form against Servants that don't have any connection to South America at all.

You can still summon or bring them over, but depending on how disconnected they are, they might be completely rejected or weakened to the point they wouldn't be capable of fighting properly.

The perfect excuse to focus on local Heroic Spirits, really.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Sure you can!

Karmic Rejection is a bit weird though.

It only happens in the Amazonic Lostbelt because of Iracema's influence over the land through her connection to the Sacred Tree. Her philosophy of 'only the children of this land may choose its future' taking a tangible form against Servants that don't have any connection to South America at all.

You can still summon or bring them over, but depending on how disconnected they are, they might be completely rejected or weakened to the point they wouldn't be capable of fighting properly.

The perfect excuse to focus on local Heroic Spirits, really.
    in either case your Brazilian Lostbbelt is one of the best thouht out Lostbelts even if we arent saw the true story yet and i am curious how it will be !! and have you now took a look at my Armenian Lostbelt ?

and its first servant ?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what third noble phantasm a lancer nimrod would have. It’s obvious that his spear would be the Tower of Babel and he would have the clothing of Adam and Eve as a noble phantasm but what would be his third?
    Last edited by NINE-lives; December 2nd, 2021 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    You are quite limited in and over focused about few figures have you seen my answer to your message and looked at the persian Verethragna ?