Page 9 of 439 FirstFirst ... 47891011141959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I too have been contemplating an idea, that being whether or not to dive into the newly unveiled "Lostbelt 6 SpoilersPretender" Class since I believe I have a very strong contender for it.

But I am very particular about following Lore and so I am hesitating whether or not to jump the gun or wait until we get more details...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Ive been considering doing a H H holmes servant a few times myself
    That or ned kelly

Blog Entries
    Hello. I'm currently thinking of finishing up one of my long-term Servant projects and could use an extra pair of eyes to help me polish my ideas up. Please leave me a DM if interested.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dropping another idea here just in case anyone's interested.

I've been playing the Great Ace Attorney lately, and one character there was heavily inspired from Madame Marie Tussaud. You might know her name from a number of wax museums established by her estate, where they have highly-identical wax sculptures of famous people. Originally though, she began her business in making "death masks" for victims of the guillotine during the French Revolution.

Making familiars/doppelgangers from wax sounds like a fairly obvious Skill/NP for her, or you could just pump her full of Innocent Monster and give her a second form made of molten wax. For less-obvious Skills or NP, her determination to "immortalize a face at the moment of death" could probably translate into something, though I'm not sure what.

Let me know if any of you are interested in developing this idea further.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Female twice from MHA incoming, perhaps using toga as fc?
    Sounds like a castery Faker candidate for me. My first idea would be to reverse the death mask and virtualize death by adding mold of ones face to the target.
    For that she needs precise measurements of the face etc.
    As a quirk i think of amai mask from one punch man that cant stand ugly people, so she wont use this np on them.
    Sounds interesting, i will read through her history and then decide. Maybe she works for a character concept i am searching candidates for.

Edit: she could have interesting interactions with Fersen und Holmes. But rn i dont think i wanna add her to my absurd list of servants yet to do.
    But i learned of Phantasmogoria, sounds like halloween stuff right there
    Last edited by DelRey; September 18th, 2021 at 05:20 AM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:35 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    he rises from his shallow grave!
    glad you are back

emergent singularities are a bit weird to me. How do servants still remain when we see them all disappear at the end of each Singularity?
    i am not proficient in that area of fate lore, but I wonder how one could explore the timeline. Can one point in time create two singularities? how would they interact? When parallel timelines exist, could a singularity from our time affect another time?

the second post is interesting. It makes sense considering I know your Grand Assassin. The metaphor with the cup makes sense and overall the idea seems to work after the first read.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hey guys! Wyvern here! Sorry for the whole radio silence thing. Apparently having to write commissions and doing college at the same time doesn't mesh well with my time-consuming and asset-heavy way of posting here. My time's been depleted lately, but that doesn't mean I've given up on my plans. So I decided to post a little bit of a to-do list here as a prelude of what's to come.

- First of all a Rewrite of my Berserker Cuca servant.

- Secondly. A Snippet dedicated to the various Summer Servants which were posted in the CaS thread a few months ago. Including a very important cameo by the King of Carnaval and the Hawaian Goddess of Football.

- An exposition dump on the Teacher Class, much like how I did Lover.

There might be more after that. But for now I'm focusing on those. Unfortunately until I can chew through the work I have, I won't be as much of a fixture. But fear not, I am still working on the Come to Brazil Saga, and I pray that those of you who enjoy it won't resent me for taking a little bit more time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    So, it looks like I found another distraction amidst my attempt to actually finish my long-term project.

There's this guy, a Dutch politician and commander, and an acquaintance of Napoleon. He's not that famous internationally, but he's described as a complete monster in my country's history books. His greatest feat is building a massive road connecting the east and west coasts of Java, which he completed in just a year. The road greatly boosted commerce, economy, and strengthened the occupation of Dutch forces in 18th-19th century Dutch East Indies/Indonesia.

The less-than-stellar part, however... no road that long could naturally be completed in just a year. He enforced a strict forced labor policy that claimed the lives of thousands, and even now, there are ghost stories/urban legends on how people travelling the road could see apparitions or hear voices of these countless dead workers.

In my mind, he'd be an evil, hate-sink Rider similar to Columbus, though I still have no idea on what his NP could do. It would obviously be based on the road, and the concept of "connecting two places together at the cost of countless lives". Maybe a teleportation gate that siphons massive amounts of mana from his surroundings? There could also be a demerit where spamming the NP could alert the vengeful spirits, and if they're pissed enough, they'd drag him kicking and screaming to the shadow realm.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out here. I may or may not get to him myself eventually, but I don't have any idea on how to develop his character beyond the classic corrupt, money-grubbing, attention-seeking, "Napoleon-senpai notice me plz" slaver, not to mention I already have a ton of other unfinished projects.
    Hm, Daendels.

Perhaps the best way to depict this guy is to take a bit from Joseph Conrad, specifically Lord Jim's eponymous title character and Kurtz from Heart of Darkness, and splice them up and mix with whatever you can take from Fate's depiction of Gilles de Rais.

In other words, a perfectly cruel and unscrupulous scalawag of a guy who nevertheless did believe in progress (as personified in Napoleon), who thought that since ends justify means, there should be no reason for him to be bothered about the carnage he was causing, as progress would inevitably arise from his exertions... even as he wouldn't have cared to begin with.

As for the NP, it's obviously the Jalan Raya Pos, though if anything, he should only be able to benefit from it indirectly; whether as soldier or as architect, he was only destined to be used by those who have bigger needs and better resources than he does.

As such... er, I've been playing FGO for too long, so this is awkward, uh... in FGO terms, it boosts Neutral and Lawful allies except himself and weakens or applies Instant Death to Human, Undead and Demonic enemies, with a Defense Down and Target Focus demerit. Yeah, that's how I'd go about it -- sorta Caster Shikibu, but more of a support role.
    Last edited by Tabris; September 25th, 2021 at 08:29 AM.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Why bother with Francuck Daendels when you can have the Archcapitalist VOChad Jan Pieterszoon Coen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    Why bother with Francuck Daendels when you can have the Archcapitalist VOChad Jan Pieterszoon Coen
    Easy-mode hate sink, see. Either to write the guy up, especially the NP, what with his Napoleon simping, than Coen, at least from my perpetually unfinished Servant sheet POV.

Blog Entries
    john cummings
    an american idiot sailor that swallowed several knifes (knifes, not razor blades, knifes with the handle) and did not learn his lesson.
    in the end he pooped black iron oxide and was treated with diluted acid to get rid of the stuck blades.
    Died painfully of course.
    happened during the turn to the 19th century, was Florida Man always a thing?

Unlimited Blade Works NP variant as a pretty dumb, but glorious shitpost idea.
    If I would roll with the over-the-top shitpost, i would use Fenbren from the Dragonquest anime as faceclaim

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    john cummings
    an american idiot sailor that swallowed several knifes (knifes, not razor blades, knifes with the handle) and did not learn his lesson.
    in the end he pooped black iron oxide and was treated with diluted acid to get rid of the stuck blades.
    Died painfully of course.
    happened during the turn to the 19th century, was Florida Man always a thing?

Unlimited Blade Works NP variant as a pretty dumb, but glorious shitpost idea.
    If I would roll with the over-the-top shitpost, i would use Fenbren from the Dragonquest anime as faceclaim
    I guess his NP would be something like absorbing blades into his body to make himself stronger (and coating himself in black iron armor) at the expense of taking damage.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a happy coincidence because I swear I thought of using this dude as a Servantverse character (before I threw this idea away like all the other ideas I had until I can get back to my feet) and then I see his name haunting my thoughts again. I love these concepts you guys slapped on him thought... Might keep them in mind, perhaps... One day... Who knows...
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Don't know if this would count or not, but one could examine some video games and/or anime/manga for interesting names/ideas/face claims for either the regular Create a Servant thread or the Modern Fiction one. For instance, today I just discovered an interesting online game called Namu Amida Butsu! -UTENA- that dealt with figures in Buddhism as the playable characters.

Blog Entries
    Soooooo... yeah. I got a lot. Let's go about this one at a time. Now, how to meander about this...

So I had this notion of creating a Chinese singularity or lostbelt -- let the chips fall, for once -- around an obscure personage who may have lived until the advent of the An Lushan rebellion and was a subject of a poem by Du Fu. Her name was Gongsun Daniang, and like Tamamo-no-Mae and Suzuka Gozen, she was a court dancer, her specialty being the so-called sword dance, the performance of which may or may not have included an actual sword.

Anyway, my immediate inspiration for this was an NSFW work by someone called Heiqing Langjun (who may or may not Japanese, but that aside), who worked on the premise of Daniang slowly but surely dancing her way to eternal life and youth, through sheer effort, dedication, and luck, centuries after the rebellion (and presumably after the end of the Tang dynasty itself). In any case, my aim was to show that the An Lushan rebellion was a quantum-timelocked event -- Daniang's sword dance and her polishing and perfecting it was inadvertently her way too close to the Root, Alaya clamped down hard, a certain future Foreigner who lived during the same time as she did may or may not been collateral damage, and boom, timelock.

My biggest problem crafting this was the sheer obscurity of Gongsun Daniang herself -- apart from that poem, a rather slim attribution of a famous calligrapher's characters to her dancing, and the NSFW work itself, I could find no mentions of the very same in English. She'd most likely be a Saber with a Noble Phantasm touching upon her sword dance, only I have no idea whatsoever what her Skills should be, or what her Noble Phantasm should be like, given the paucity of the sources I could find.

Perhaps someone who knows any of the relevant Chinese varieties and is well-read in even marginalia within its literature will be of any help at all? I don't know.

I've been thinking about making a Virginia Dare sheet, but it's hard to know what direction to go in. There's a few ideas I want to incorporate, including the juxtaposition of her embodying pure, white innocence with her being used as a symbol for white supremacy. I'm drawn to the idea of making her a Foreigner, which could be worked into the mythology of the Lost Colony (some people believe aliens took them away lol). But, I'm not really sure I have the acumen to write a Foreigner. She could also be an Avenger, with the US itself being the manifestation of her vengeance against England for abandoning the colonists and against the lumped-together indigenous people. This interpretation lends itself to the juxtaposition I was talking about, but less to the romanticized mystery of the Lost Colony. The last direction is for her to be an Archer, since she's often portrayed as an Artemis-like figure, but I think this is the least interesting route to go in.

Blog Entries
    Thinking of making a Caster class Srinivasa Ramanujan. But I'm struggling with this idea because MATHS. Anyone with ideas? I'll take anything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigix View Post
    Thinking of making a Caster class Srinivasa Ramanujan. But I'm struggling with this idea because MATHS. Anyone with ideas? I'll take anything.
    spitballing some skill ideas from what i remember of this legend
    Appreciation of Beauty (Numbers)
    High Speed Calculation instead of incantation
    Protection of Faith or Blessing of the Goddess he dreamt about
    Weak Constitution
    Single-Mindedness
    NP could be related to the goddess he dreamt about that gave him his formulas. extra points if you research her enough to connect her to someone connected to math. iirc his goddess was a minor family one? perhaps a bunrei of another hindu goddess. I bet there is a deity related to math or anything that can be connected to it
    needless to say I have him on my list as well, but I guarantee you not like you would ever do.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.