Page 217 of 439 FirstFirst ... 117167207212215216217218219222227267317 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 8777

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I guess they'd probably be a Lancer going by Enkidu's "chains=spear" logic.
    I was actually thinking Assassin

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salavat View Post
    Yes, but no. I'd like to use his FC, but I can't imagine who could be matched with him.
    If you're more worried about the character in the FC than the historical figure why not just write Kurapika?

Blog Entries
    Kurapika is in my fc folders if i ever find a proper person to make him a binder.
    But i wont force something. He is a faceclaim that needs someone deserving of it. Someone that makes use of the great artworks for him.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Got a couple more suggestions on the music and chivalry fronts. For music I give you Johann Strauss I, along with his sons Johann II, Josef, and Eduard, all known for their waltzes and polkas. On the chivalry front, I give you several lesser known figures from The Faerie Queene:

• Saber/Lancer Guyon, the Knight of Temperance
    • Caster Archimago, villain who tries to stop a number of knights in service to the Faerie Queene
    • Lovers and possible Saber/Caster combinations Scudamore and Amoret, and Timias and Belphoebe
    • Caster Una, lover of the Red Cross Knight and representive of Truth
    • Caster with some Ruler aspects Caelia, also known as queen of the Fairy Land isle, ruler of the House of Holies, and mother of the Faerie Knight
    • Saber with satyr ancestry Satyrane
    • Saber Calidore, the Knight of Courtesy who caught the Blatant Beast
    • Berserker Orgoglio, prideful giant and enslaver of the Red Cross Knight
    • The Friendship Knights, Sabers Cambell and Triamond
    • Knight of the Sea Marinell and his lover Caster Florimell
    • and as a surprise bonus entry from Italian and Spanish stories, the son of Tristan and Isodle, Archer/Saber Tristan the Younger

Blog Entries
    Anyone can explain to me how pretender class works? I'm working on a heroic spirit that basically steal another heroic spirit's Saint Graph, replace the origin, and distort the appearance. Is this enough for a pretender qualification?
    Would appreciate it if you check either of these links below
    --- Fate/Antediluvian Hymn: Equilibrium of Chaos and Order ---

THE THRONE OF HEROES
    thanks for the Visit!

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    I sense that this discussion is going to be a very common occurrence for the foreseeable future.
    You can think of Pretenders as understudies in a theatrical production; they fill the role of their namesake when the original actor is absent, and while the role they fill is identical, the actor is still fundamentally different. Thus, they are called "One Who Wears a Role".
    As the good detective says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon le Fae chpt. 30
    There are people who lie and cheat, who achieve great things through deception. A fake… no, “someone” who has achieved greater feats and power than the original article by swindling even the soul. Not one who seeks vengeance. Not an arbiter. Not a lifeform from outside this realm, nor even a droplet of a greater ego.
    As for your idea:
    No, that doesn't sound even remotely Pretender-esque. Assuming I'm understanding it correctly, that sounds more or less like just an Alter Ego of the second variety with extra steps; an amalgam of Spirit Origins which forms a High Servant.

Blog Entries
    just link one of your explanations you did before anytime the topic comes up, Hux.
    FGO does not help to understand the class when the latest is basically just a Proto Merlin who says they are someone else, the other is basically Faker merged with a machine and the first one is a special case from another world.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, we don't have a conventional Pretender... But that's what Create-A-Servant is for!

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Sometimes our fanfic takes elevate a class concept.
    I have ideas myself
    But i am in a writers block for my current project
    And my summer project is on hold too.
    Sadge

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    This idea came to me as I was looking for a list of classic literature characters while trying to guess Nails' Berserker. This idea didn't really go anywhere in my head though, so I'm leaving it here for anyone else interested. I may or may not go back to this idea in a couple weeks/months if no one else wants to take her.

A Berserker/Watcher Pollyanna who gradually ensnares her surroundings in her NP, the Glad Game. It alters the affected targets' perception of reality with the rule that "if it doesn't make you happy in some way, you won't be able to perceive it". Might also be a front for some twisted happiness-related god summoned as a Pretender.

Alternatively, just a more straightforward, book-accurate Pollyanna who uses a tamer version of that NP to teach the Master to look for the bright side of life. I imagine she'd have a really wholesome dynamic with masters who experienced considerable angst/trauma (so... most Fate Masters, actually).
    Sorry about the very late reply here (like wow, over a month back), but with me having since been reacquainted with League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, even your darker version of Pollyanna still sounds way more respectful of her than, er, how she's portrayed there (which is... yeesh)

Speaking of Servants I should've made this comment on earlier, I do in retrospect think that Arthur C. Clarke and Carl Sagan do still make sense as Servants in a Fate context despite their recency, in that F/GO does notably reference 'Childhood's End' (if not having quite the exact meaning of the term Clarke did) and Sagan's directly connected with Voyager

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    I sense that this discussion is going to be a very common occurrence for the foreseeable future.
    You can think of Pretenders as understudies in a theatrical production; they fill the role of their namesake when the original actor is absent, and while the role they fill is identical, the actor is still fundamentally different. Thus, they are called "One Who Wears a Role".
    As the good detective says:

As for your idea:
    No, that doesn't sound even remotely Pretender-esque. Assuming I'm understanding it correctly, that sounds more or less like just an Alter Ego of the second variety with extra steps; an amalgam of Spirit Origins which forms a High Servant.
    Thank you for the explanation, although it's still muddy in my mind, but I get the gist of it. It's clearer to me why our example of the class is Oberon Vortigern, Hephaestion, and Lady Avalon(canon-wise)

But, ain't an Alter Ego should posses some form of divinity? Because the Servant of my mind is that of a Mortal, being taken over by a concept.

To make my version clearer, imagine someone like Tolkien being taken over by a concept of his own book the Lord of the Rings. A conceptual heroic spirit took over a preexisting heroic spirit due to some circumstances or another. Like for example the book being widely popular that it overwhelm its own creator, allows it to become powerful enough to forcefully seize Tolkien's Saint Graph and distort it
    Would appreciate it if you check either of these links below
    --- Fate/Antediluvian Hymn: Equilibrium of Chaos and Order ---

THE THRONE OF HEROES
    thanks for the Visit!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not all Alter-Egos are High Servants.

Blog Entries
    As for your tolkien example: innocent monster
    HC Andersen suffers from the curse of the reader, distorting his body so aspects of his works are reflected on it. Else, phantomfusion between the literary figure and the author is possible too. That version allows to use any class you wish.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    You know, its honestly amazing sometimes what new names pop in various Type-Moon productions to be turned into Servants (officially or otherwise). For instance from the El-Melloi II series we get Alexander IV, and by proxy his mother Roxana, son of Iskander, and from the latest GO event we get Toyotomi Tsurumatsu, son of Hideyoshi and Chacha, not to mention his cousin Hidetsugu.

As for ideas from me personally, for a general scattershot of ideas for a specific culture I offer up the character list for Namu Amida Butsu! -UTENA-, a defunct video game involving figures from Buddhist mythology of all things that may help increase the Servant population for that particular section of religion and/or the people from the video game Bungo to Alchemist, for those wanting to do Japanese authors. I'd honestly offer up the Argonauts, but some madlad on one of the Discord servers actually managed to produce 50 different Argonauts to fill up the Argo so I didn't want to step on his feet in this matter.

For specific characters I give you Rider Edward England (perhaps the kindest pirate ever known), and Rider Paulsgrave Williams (whose claim to fame is becoming the oldest pirate known).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know if there's a offical term for what they call the title/desciprtion of a NP? For example, Exacalibur's Sword of Promised Victory or Gate of Skye's Gate to the Haunted Ground Brimming with Death?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's no official term because it's not titles or description, but kanji and how to read them. You'll notice most (all?) Japanese NPs don't have "two names" because they have kanji and their actual reading (see how Musashi's
    りくどうごりん・くりからてんしょう
    六道五輪・倶利伽羅天象
    is just
    Rikudō Gorin - Kurikara Tenshō
    Rikudō Gorin - Kurikara Tenshō
    ), while foreign NPs are just given kanji for style points while the actual name is given as the reading (
    Excalibur
    Sword of Promised Victory
    ).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see, thanks!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really Really fucking stupid question, but I had a stupid idea since I wanted to do a presidential series of servants:

Due to his reign as president often being referred to as Camelot, would it be out of the question for a JFK saberface?
    I’d likely be sticking to him as Avenger, but as something to throw around, I think it’s fun to ponder

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Putting aside whatever issue any of us may have with Servant JFK, I think if Lakshmibai can be a Jeanneface due to being called India's Jeanne d'Arc, JFK can be a Saberface due to ppl making connections between his reign and Camelot.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    JFK is also part of Edison’s fursuit in canon, so you might as well just use Saber Lion as your faceclaim.