Page 105 of 439 FirstFirst ... 55595100103104105106107110115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    really good i must say let me gues they are presumably Celtic servants right ?

and i wish i could draw as i have for my servants sometime specific design ideas but i am unable to draw them , like would you be willing to draw one scetch for me Nobutron ?
    Far from Celtic, opposite side of the world rather. If you want a hint; the patterns on the clothes of the first two designs hail from certain bronze drums.

And perhaps. Finding the inspiration and motivation to draw can be tricky sometimes, plus finding the time to do it at all. But I can at least try, so if you want you can send me a description, the more details the better. I should at least be able to work out a quick sketch during the weekend.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobutron View Post
    Far from Celtic, opposite side of the world rather. If you want a hint; the patterns on the clothes of the first two designs hail from certain bronze drums.

And perhaps. Finding the inspiration and motivation to draw can be tricky sometimes, plus finding the time to do it at all. But I can at least try, so if you want you can send me a description, the more details the better. I should at least be able to work out a quick sketch during the weekend.
    So more south or middle american hmm

here is the desrciption of one such specific my Georg Steller

Appearance
    He is a strong built middle aged man who makes the impression of a hard boiled traveler, reflecting the harshness he endured to reach what we now know as the Aleutic Island Group. He wear a thick cloak which looks like the cross of an old Russian naval suit and the protection gear of the Kanchatka People which further accented the role he was conscious of. Namely to be the bridge between the Europe-Russeo and the Kamchatka Indio - northern range cultures. Despite that his travels and impressions have branded his face it does not show any trace of sourness. Instead his face displays a determined honesty.

He is also armed with a Sabre and russian musket
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So one of my main hobbies is drawing, and I figured might as well design how my servant ideas would look myself.

So this guy was one of my earliest ideas, and in concept he's basically meant to be really OP. Can fit into most servant classes, has a bunch of ridiculous NPs and other abilities, and his legend is quite old so he's in general a big heavy-hitter.
    King of Dragons

On her own this one's mostly a healing-based Caster, with litte offensive ability of her own. Which is why she relies on her hubby (the guy above) to do most of the fighting for her.
    Mother of 100 ancestors

This guy's main class is Archer, though he can also be a Rider. Behind his cocky facade lies an individual with some serious issues about how his kingdom and legend ended.
    Lord of the Spiral Citadel
    Hoho, this is cool.
    I'm guessing the first two are Vietnamese, and if I'm right, I had my own plans for the guy a long time ago, which never went anywhere.
    No idea about the third though.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It saddens me to be ignored
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Philosophy isn't really my strong suit, so I only know a general gist of Hobbes' Leviathan and the P5 version of Yaldabaoth.

That said, Hobbes masquerading as Yaldabaoth? From a meta perspective, I feel like the opposite would work better. Most Pretenders we have so far have their more serious identity underneath the more "unassuming" one. Having the Demiurge itself being summoned, then revealing itself to be your "average" 16th century philosopher feels like a bit of a letdown compared to the other way around. Might be just me though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Philosophy isn't really my strong suit, so I only know a general gist of Hobbes' Leviathan and the P5 version of Yaldabaoth.

That said, Hobbes masquerading as Yaldabaoth? From a meta perspective, I feel like the opposite would work better. Most Pretenders we have so far have their more serious identity underneath the more "unassuming" one. Having the Demiurge itself being summoned, then revealing itself to be your "average" 16th century philosopher feels like a bit of a letdown compared to the other way around. Might be just me though.
    Fair enough. I'll have to start tweaking him to fit that instead!

Although, I will add that my intent behind "Yaldabaoth" actually being Thomas Hobbes was a reference to how in Gnosticism, the Demiurge/Yaldabaoth isn't even the real god, even if he thinks he is.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; February 11th, 2022 at 12:06 AM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Although, I will add that my intent behind "Yaldabaoth" actually being Thomas Hobbes was a reference to how in Gnosticism, the Demiurge/Yaldabaoth isn't even the real god, even if he thinks he is.
    You can kinda keep this theme. Pretenders are inexorably tied to both of their identities, so you can write about how he can never be fully divine when he's still part human (Hobbes)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    You can kinda keep this theme. Pretenders are inexorably tied to both of their identities, so you can write about how he can never be fully divine when he's still part human (Hobbes)
    Perhaps. Admittedly, Pretenders are a very tricky bunch to work with, as far as sheet-making goes. Further complicating matters is that I actually have four in the works; Yaldabaoth/Hobbes, "Baphomet", Arsene Lupin, and one other whose identity I will not reveal because I actually really like how he's progressing.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So one of my main hobbies is drawing, and I figured might as well design how my servant ideas would look myself.

So this guy was one of my earliest ideas, and in concept he's basically meant to be really OP. Can fit into most servant classes, has a bunch of ridiculous NPs and other abilities, and his legend is quite old so he's in general a big heavy-hitter.
    King of Dragons

On her own this one's mostly a healing-based Caster, with litte offensive ability of her own. Which is why she relies on her hubby (the guy above) to do most of the fighting for her.
    Mother of 100 ancestors

This guy's main class is Archer, though he can also be a Rider. Behind his cocky facade lies an individual with some serious issues about how his kingdom and legend ended.
    Lord of the Spiral Citadel
    Pretty cool. That first one is giving me some major Sol Badguy vibes. Also from the title I'm pretty sure the third is An Dương Vương.

Hoho, this is cool.
    I'm guessing the first two are Vietnamese, and if I'm right, I had my own plans for the guy a long time ago, which never went anywhere.
    No idea about the third though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Pretty cool. That first one is giving me some major Sol Badguy vibes. Also from the title I'm pretty sure the third is An Dương Vương.
    Right on the money.
    Sol was a pretty big inspiration when I finalized the design for Lạc Long Quân, but he was only half of the equation. The other big thing that inspired this design was Getter Shin Dragon, which becomes more apparent with his Noble Phantasms.

Âu Cơ was designed with a theme of birds, as you can see with the wings, the patterns on her clothes, and how her hair is meant to resemble a crane if you look closely.

An Dương Vương was designed to resemble a rooster to an extent with his attitude, and hairstyle meant to resemble the comb and tail of one. When fighting he's meant to be a sword & gun wielder; the "gun" in question being an Anti-Army magical crossbow powered by the claw of a Divine Beast, capable of killing 300 men with just one pull of the trigger.

Blog Entries
    Right on the money.
    Sol was a pretty big inspiration when I finalized the design for Lạc Long Quân, but he was only half of the equation. The other big thing that inspired this design was Getter Shin Dragon, which becomes more apparent with his Noble Phantasms.

Âu Cơ was designed with a theme of birds, as you can see with the wings, the patterns on her clothes, and how her hair is meant to resemble a crane if you look closely.

An Dương Vương was designed to resemble a rooster to an extent with his attitude, and hairstyle meant to resemble the comb and tail of one. When fighting he's meant to be a sword & gun wielder; the "gun" in question being an Anti-Army magical crossbow powered by the claw of a Divine Beast, capable of killing 300 men with just one pull of the trigger.
    Vietnamesic servants are they ? well i woul have guesed the patterns on their clothes with either Celtic or perhas south american stylistic .

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    It saddens me to be ignored
    I too know very little about philosophy. The only thing I know about him is the tiger from Calvin and Hobbes was named after him. So unless you wanted to reference that, I'm not much help.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vietnamesic servants are they ? well i woul have guesed the patterns on their clothes with either Celtic or perhas south american stylistic .
    I do have to question your perception of what a "Celtic Style" looks like.

I dunno, depending on how you write it, it could be a good twist. Like say, the Demiurge is the rational, methodical and pragmatic force keeping the chaotic and deranged Hobbes in check, who would otherwise love nothing more than to go around finding moral people and putting them into icky moral situations until they mentally break for his own amusement. But under the Demiurge's influence they manage to work together towards a more comprehensive goal or whatever.

(The real monster is humanity is what I'm getting at.)
    Last edited by Skull; February 11th, 2022 at 10:17 AM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Huh, not bad. I'm liking Skull's angle as well.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. I'll have to start tweaking him to fit that instead!

honestly for me its that the Demiurge is the actuall most powerfull being and that similar like lostbelts there are multiple higher spehres which information we got transmissed as mythology.

though you could approach in that he obtained acces to the powers of creation by being partially enlighted perhaps ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I do have to question your perception of what a "Celtic Style" looks like.

I dunno, depending on how you write it, it could be a good twist. Like say, the Demiurge is the rational, methodical and pragmatic force keeping the chaotic and deranged Hobbes in check, who would otherwise love nothing more than to go around finding moral people and putting them into icky moral situations until they mentally break for his own amusement. But under the Demiurge's influence they manage to work together towards a more comprehensive goal or whatever.

Well his first drawing did remembered me on the design of Fergus and the motives on Celtic or Germanic motives. And honestly i have just recently started to look deeper into asian mythic lores and have not much art seen of that spehres so sorry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post

So that basically means Hobbes would be like Michael presenting the Trolley Problem in The Good Place? Not sure how in-character that is to him as a philosopher though. I imagine Hobbes as more obsessed with absolute power and authority as necessary for human civilization rather than putting people in weird thought-experiments to see how they tick.

Blog Entries
    One Question the servant i make has something to do with Ovid would someone have ideas how his poems and poetries could be into skills and Noblephantasm ?

Blog Entries
    One Question the servant i make has something to do with Ovid would someone have ideas how his poems and poetries could be into skills and Noblephantasm ?
    Wasn't Ovid known for demonizing a lot of the gods (having popularized the legends where Medusa was raped by Poseidon amongst many others) out of spite for how he was exiled by Augustus? I could see his Metamorphoses as an NP that degrades the powers of gods and emperors by reducing them to the level of ordinary fallible humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Also now that I'm here does anyone have ideas for what an NP based on the concept of waiting ten years trying to contact their beloved after they died could be? I'm thinking of doing a Faker for the contest prompt based on that (with the idea that since the person they waited for is recorded by the World as "never returning from death" they end up manifesting as the closest thing instead to answer the summoning ritual) but I'm not quite sure of how it'd work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Also now that I'm here does anyone have ideas for what an NP based on the concept of waiting ten years trying to contact their beloved after they died could be? I'm thinking of doing a Faker for the contest prompt based on that (with the idea that since the person they waited for is recorded by the World as "never returning from death" they end up manifesting as the closest thing instead to answer the summoning ritual) but I'm not quite sure of how it'd work.
    Well, first thing that comes to mind is, not all of the person comes back, but whatever does, there's too much of it; perhaps a swarm of arms lashing out blindly, a chorus of loud voices talking indistinguishably over one another all at once, and so on and so forth. Moreover, the strain of attempting to contact the dead decays the Servant's parameters over time and even affects their appearance so that they seem to age ten years in a comparably very short time. Might not be what you're looking for, though, idk the whole legend or anything.

Unrelated but I thought I had a v good idea for a Pope Joan sheet today but, as I researched the character more and then started to work on the actual sheet, I eventually realised that I'd still need like several sheets worth of setup before it for that Joan sheet to properly hit the take I wanted, and if I hadn't had any ideas for Joan I don't think I'd have wanted to make all of those sheets for their own merits, so it went from 'oh I *have* to write this today' to the bottom of the 'eh maybe some day maybe not' pile lol.

So as is pretty obvious by his design, Lạc Long Quân is pretty heavily inspired by Sol Badguy, and that goes for his weapon too. That big hunk of metal fashioned as some sort of sword/axe is in fact merely a weaponized casing for a far greater weapon. And that's where I'm actually at kind of a stand-still in regards to what to do.
    The idea I have for him is that since he's regarded as the "Father" of the Vietnamese people, he has "authority over all other Vietnamese Heroic Spirits/Servants, and thus is able to use their Noble Phantasms too (kinda like Gilgamesh's collection in the Gate of Babylon, just on a much more limited/localized scale). That leads me to a certain sword in Vietnamese Legend; Thuận Thiên. Funnily enough, that sword has made an appearance in a Type-Moon work. If anybody remembers the Fate/School Life manga, there was a contest to submit ideas/artwork for servants, and one of the winning entries was Lê Lợi (appearing as a Saberface dressed in an áo dài), who even shows up as Himuro's servant in the animated short for New Years five years ago. Now, the thing is, should Thuận Thiên simply be another divine weapon, or would it be acceptable to have it be Excalibur appearing with an alternative shape, considering the similarities of their legends? I have the idea that, considering the fact that Vietnamese people see themselves as descended from a dragon (Lạc Long Quân), Lê Lợi would have been someone whose latent dragon factor was surprisingly strong, and therefore be able to wield Thuận Thiên/Excalibur.
    And working backwards from there, Lạc Long Quân's legend has him slaying several demons and monsters, including a giant fish demon (Ngư Tinh) and a nine-tailed fox (Hồ Tinh). And in these cases he cuts their heads off or more, which would probably need a pretty impressive sword.

Now moving on from all the sword talk, I can at least present another of Lạc Long Quân's Noble Phantasms:

Thăng Long: Dragon's Ascent

By fully tapping into his draconic nature, he transforms into a golden dragon, before he annihilates his foes with his full might, either by using his Dragon's Breath to launch a torrent of pure magical energy, or just bumrushing the target like a Shine Spark.