Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: 2021 Post Server Move Bug Thread

  1. #1

    2021 Post Server Move Bug Thread

    Notice something weird? Post here, I'll take a look since we're now on newer versions of PHP and the forum. Thanks!

  2. #2
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    34,369
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Thank you for your work
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

  3. #3
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The H/eart/h of Europe
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,030
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by dovac View Post
    Notice something weird? Post here, I'll take a look since we're now on newer versions of PHP and the forum. Thanks!
    i have Problems namely that when i mark a text the text is blinking and after i clicked on the "go advanced" button is it loading but the editor field isnt Opening up so that i can work further i tried it over two Browsers i have but the Problem is the same ,namely a Grey area also as i am at it i have sometimes the Problem that when i correct one of my Texts that with each letter to letter the charakter in front is overwritten ad a i witt this do i noticethat i cant mk a word in the text writhhing box .

    Aso hav i noticed i cant paste somehin n te writing box

    here now the screenhoot of it \/



    thank you before hand or the solving for the Problems
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; July 19th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

    Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...





  4. #4
    I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,341
    Blog Entries
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    i have Problems namely that when i mark a text the text is blinking and after i clicked on the "go advanced" button is it loading but the editor field isnt Opening up so that i can work further i tried it over two Browsers i have but the Problem is the same ,namely a Grey area also as i am at it i have sometimes the Problem that when i correct one of my Texts that with each letter to letter the charakter in front is overwritten ad a i witt this do i noticethat i cant mk a word in the text writhhing box .

    Aso hav i noticed i cant paste somehin n te writing box

    here now the screenhoot of it \/



    thank you before hand or the solving for the Problems
    It might be that the forums are still trying to access old IPs in some areas. Try clearing out your cookies and cache and see if that makes the issue go away.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

  5. #5
    Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phyrexylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,970
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    5
    That might be a vbulletin problem itself. I know the WYSIWYG editor has been wonky over the years. Good eye, it's worth bringing up.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    i have Problems namely that when i mark a text the text is blinking and after i clicked on the "go advanced" button is it loading but the editor field isnt Opening up so that i can work further i tried it over two Browsers i have but the Problem is the same ,namely a Grey area also as i am at it i have sometimes the Problem that when i correct one of my Texts that with each letter to letter the charakter in front is overwritten ad a i witt this do i noticethat i cant mk a word in the text writhhing box .

    Aso hav i noticed i cant paste somehin n te writing box

    here now the screenhoot of it \/



    thank you before hand or the solving for the Problems
    What browser? I'm using Chrome right now without issues.

    edit: It is possible there was some old javascript cached by the CDN, I've flushed it and see if it still happens.
    Last edited by dovac; July 19th, 2021 at 03:21 PM.

  7. #7
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The H/eart/h of Europe
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,030
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by dovac View Post
    What browser? I'm using Chrome right now without issues.

    edit: It is possible there was some old javascript cached by the CDN, I've flushed it and see if it still happens.
    i use mostly Windows Explorer for the Forum though i tried it on Microsoft Edge and the Problem were still there though i think that n the next days the Problems would solve themselves . can it be that the Explorer is not fully supported also from the Forum as i still use it despit i have mostly switcherd to edge in use . As in explorer the marked Text still is blinking there .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

    Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...





  8. #8
    You Are Going to Brazil Wyvern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    418
    Blog Entries
    3
    Same thing is happening with me. I've already tried clearing my cache and cookies, and it didn't make any difference. Maybe its something else?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Same thing is happening with me. I've already tried clearing my cache and cookies, and it didn't make any difference. Maybe its something else?
    If you know how to bring up the Chrome devconsole, can you see if there's any warnings or errors? If so can you post them? Make sure there isn't any personal/identifiable data on it. If you're unsure please DM me the data on the forums.

    edit: I've implemented a potential fix for advanced editor. Please check and see if there's still issues.
    Last edited by dovac; July 19th, 2021 at 05:28 PM.

  10. #10
    You Are Going to Brazil Wyvern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    418
    Blog Entries
    3
    Still isn't loading. Also, trying to open another Beast's Lair tab is super slow while this one tries to load.

    Image

  11. #11
    This seems like a new thing? (Seems only to be for this user currently, but it may occur when people change avatars?)

    image

  12. #12
    I fixed the images issue, there's some incompatibility with cloudflare and the current vb version.

  13. #13
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The H/eart/h of Europe
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,030
    Blog Entries
    4
    i have found a new issue there as i wanted to make a Reply with Quote respectively edit a old post (before the server move) i got just a empty field and as i clicked go advanced was stated the messages is to short =empty(?) .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

    Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...





  14. #14
    I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,341
    Blog Entries
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    i have found a new issue there as i wanted to make a Reply with Quote respectively edit a old post (before the server move) i got just a empty field and as i clicked go advanced was stated the messages is to short =empty(?) .
    Can you give us exact steps on how to try to reproduce this? It's not entirely clear what you're doing to trigger it.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

  15. #15
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The H/eart/h of Europe
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,030
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    Can you give us exact steps on how to try to reproduce this? It's not entirely clear what you're doing to trigger it.
    okay , i just wanted to copy a older post i made to insert it in one of my started threads for this have i clicked on edit (as i wanted )to copy and then paste it (there). but as i clicked on the edit button were there just a empty text box without contents in it .



    i have encountered a new problem namely that the save function afterthe editing of a post is not functioning .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; July 25th, 2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

    Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...





  16. #16
    I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,341
    Blog Entries
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    okay , i just wanted to copy a older post i made to insert it in one of my started threads for this have i clicked on edit (as i wanted )to copy and then paste it (there). but as i clicked on the edit button were there just a empty text box without contents in it .
    Interesting. Trying to edit or quote that post gave me the exact same problems, but not others in that thread, so it's something very specific to your post that is somehow making it wig out.

    We will look into it and see what's going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    i have encountered a new problem namely that the save function afterthe editing of a post is not functioning .
    This seems to be working fine on my end. Is the little "auto-saved" thing popping up after a minute or two? It should be.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."


    Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!


    Old Quote Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

    [14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

  17. #17
    I will attempt to rebuild the threads, but I'll have to find time to take the forums offline. I will follow up in a few days after I recover from food poisoning -_-.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •