Page 112 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1262102107110111112113114117122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3986

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    You know, I kind of find that as one her lesser personality faults compared to her homicidal tendencies and extreme self-righteousness.
    Given that she freely admits to liking killing for the sake of liking killing and that the "Word of God" is just convenient words, that's like the opposite of self-righteousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Tsukihime has lot of unacceptable characters what are you even talking about.
    And that's why the series as a whole is perfect. More series needs gatekeeping normie filters.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Given that she freely admits to liking killing for the sake of liking killing and that the "Word of God" is just convenient words, that's like the opposite of self-righteousness.
    You can totally be a nihilistic, atheist asshole that admits to like killing for the sake of killing and still be self-righteous.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    See. Self-righteousness still has the word, "righteousness", in it. In other words, the person still believes in some kind of universal "rightness". For example, SN Kirei and awakened Reinhard cannot be distorted or self-righteousness because they know themselves, the world, and how the world can satisfy their desires. Not once in their minds do they have any notion of "justice"... Which makes me start to go off on a tangent that both men would be antithetical to the Persona 5 Phantom Thieves, but I digress.

That is not what self-righteous means. To be clear, the opposite of "self-righteous" is"humble".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior" AKA you need to have a concept of moral superiority to begin with and find value with it. See the conversation between TheSeaDragon and I here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...05#post3160405

To not be self-rightous, you should be able to admit that other people can be morally better than you, or that you can be wrong in the first place. Not having the concept is not the opposite, in the same way the opposite of "tall" is "short", not "yellow"
    Last edited by Herod; January 10th, 2022 at 08:46 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Or just not care.

Again, you can totally be a nihilistic, atheist asshole that admits to like killing for the sake of killing and still be self-righteous.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    To not be self-rightous, you should be able to admit that other people can be morally better than you, or that you can be wrong in the first place. Not having the concept is not the opposite, in the same way the opposite of "tall" is "short", not "yellow"
    So that's less of a yes or no, but more of a N/A.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I would like Noel a lot more if she wasn't an ephebophile preying on her students
    But that's the best part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You're part of the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And proud of it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @The self-righteousness discourse: Even after she became a vampire for the sake of petty revenge against someone she knows to be the wrong, she never stopped espousing how she's the victim and Ciel is the liar and the monster. Her response to the final call out on her mistakes includes a "How am I supposed to believe in God when I'm losing even though I'm right? Justice is on my side!". It doesn't get any more literal than that. If that's not self-righteousness, I really don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    You know, I kind of find that as one her lesser personality faults compared to her homicidal tendencies and extreme self-righteousness.
    Honestly, the murder is still on the lesser side compared to the wanton torture that comes with. She takes her time with each vampire, waits for them to beg for mercy and everything. "Vampires of this rank don’t have a sense of pain, so I dismember them with this special tool that makes them feel it." is the one line where Noel goes the hardest.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For sure.

It is straight up sadism, at the end of the day. However tragic the reason for her being the way she is may be, she is probably meant to be seen as 'beyond redemption' at the point we meet her in the story.

Of course, that doesn't stop her from being a very fascinating and interesting character! Her malignant and massive flaws are what define her, and allow us to understand what factors are needed to bring such a seemingly ordinary person into moral decay.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I understand that, but understand that this is also the woman who straight up admits that "in the name of the Lord" are just convenient words. She's not lying to herself in terms of that, at least.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Yes, I understand that, but understand that this is also the woman who straight up admits that "in the name of the Lord" are just convenient words. She's not lying to herself in terms of that, at least.
    That's a different topic all-together.

Noel always believes she is right, even after shedding her loosely-worn faith. Such is her mistaken self-righteousness. In clear defiance of what should be immediately apparent to anyone looking onto her from the side; that she is beyond redemption. Fallen to evil.

Whitewashed sepulchers and all that stuff.
    Last edited by Herod; January 10th, 2022 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    holy based

honestly I've been self-righteous and still am at times so Noel resonates with me more than senpai.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    honestly I've been self-righteous and still am at times so Noel resonates with me more than senpai.
    I think her feelings, more so than her actions, can resonate with anyone, really.

At times life deals a bad hand. It feels unfair, and it is unfair. Why does reality not give us something good back given the terrible circumstances it otherwise imbued us with? Why are people who commit evil allowed to seek redemption while their victims continue to suffer?

Noel has all the right in the world to feel like she does. Her cries that she's in the right aren't necessarily wrong. What is wrong is what she allowed herself to become in the name of that righteousness.

The world is cruel, and unfair to us. Noel knows that very well.
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 10th, 2022 at 11:26 AM.

I can relate to her hatred towards vampires and dehumanization of their victims too, as if they're forever tainted and have no room for atonement/salvation. I won't go further into detail and leave it at this.

But yes, her accepting vampirism hurt to watch. I can understand her though.

Also I really have enjoyed the Roa/Shiki interaction. Like that screenshot I posted earlier where Roa's going "killll her" and then Shiki tells him to shut up until they're done. These moments sometimes feel like comedy and break the tension a little lmao.