Page 97 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4787929596979899102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3984

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FourthWall View Post
    this is one of the rare times it would have made more sense to say "I like her because I want to fuck her hyper loli form" lvl
    Not mutually exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    My point Is that reveling in your own cruelty is weak and stupid. You will just keep indulging in your own depravity whenever there is an occasion to do it.
    FYI, this is also why I consider Pelinal Whitestrake from the Elder Scrolls series to be one of my favorite "holy knight" characters.

I have no idea what the hell are you talking about.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mercy is never wrong.
    As you wish:

Why the hell are you bringing up that unrelated 3 Kingdoms crap?
    To correct your mistaken belief that anyone is making an excuse for anything.
    I have no idea what the hell are you talking about.
    Most "holy knight" characters specialize in killing undead or demons. Pelinal specializes in killing elves (FYI, any elven necromancers or demon worshipers is purely coincidental):
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 25th, 2021 at 05:56 PM.

Are trying as hard a you can to be the living example that fiction is bad and make your brain rot?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ... Would you prefer that I go back to the 3 Kingdoms example, then? (preparing to laugh when you call the 3 Kingdoms fiction)
    Also, fiction based, at least thematically, on real-life events. FYI, the Crusades were a thing.

Can you please stop the nonsequitur?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So you want to say something and not want me to respond or defend myself? You just want me to hang my head and allow your words to make me feel deep remorse or some other nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    So you want to say something and not want me to respond or defend myself? You just want me to hang my head and allow your words to make me feel deep remorse or some other nonsense?
    I want you to explain your point without talking of completely unrelated stuff.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I want you to explain your point without talking of completely unrelated stuff.
    OK: It might be, if the person herself was using it as an excuse. That's not what this is about. This is about me finding Noel more respectable than Tanjiro. Not about her using it as an excuse for anything.
    Also, note that I put "paladin's mercy" in quotations. Frankly, I consider the statement "Shedding a tear for an enemy that you yourself killed does nothing for that enemy. It's a self-delusion to make yourself seem better than a common murderer." to be concise enough. Now, if you want further explanation, then I can only explain through examples.

While yes, not killing would be an even higher act of mercy, having compassion of your enemy is a sign of temperance. It's not just for the one you kill, you do it to not lose yourself. Taking pleasure in your killing means losing to your own desires. I can trust someone that had compassion for their enemy to stop their hand, even if only once, when the time will be right. How can I say the same for someone who kills for pleasure?
    Last edited by Herod; October 25th, 2021 at 06:25 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Not if you do it repeatedly. I knew a fan of No More Heroes 1 who hated No More Heroes 2. Given that Travis did the thing that Shinji did to Kaworu in episode 24 of Evangelion (you know, that 5-minutes of melodrama before killing the enemy in cold blood, anyway), but Travis does it repeatedly. I get that NMH is meant to parody violent genres, but in those cases, I think that the game was making a genuine attempt to be serious... Which makes things worse.
    How can I say the same for someone who kills for pleasure?
    I find that true assassins who enjoy their jobs see the hypocrisy of those who don't.

Conversation with Speaker Terenus in Elder Scrolls Online:
    You're wrong, I'm no murderer. "No? What do you call it? Self-defense? Justice? Did they all deserve to die? How you justify your actions does not matter. All souls belong to Sithis in the Void. We are simply the instruments of their delivery."

As we established, the only way that the DHO survived is by embracing that truth or fading into obscurity.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 25th, 2021 at 06:30 PM.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So you have no idea what classic Evangelion is?
    As for that last line, I was literally referencing the Type-Moon-iverse, so you are even unaware of the board's main subject.
    I feel no need to humor your ignorance.

I watched Evangelion more than 20 years ago. I never played at NMH, nor 1 nor 2 neither at Elder Scrolls. And what the hell is a DHO?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    If you're saying that if you have to kill someone it's more honest to sadistically torture them rather than at least trying to do it mercifully then I'd have to say you have some pretty twisted sense of values.
    He's been very upfront about that for a while now with his pseudo-relativistic ramblings. I even remember the exact Demon Slayer convo he's referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I watched Evangelion more than 20 years ago. What the hell is a DHO?
    TM wiki might not be 100% reliable, but it's what you deserve: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Dem...r_Organization

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    My point Is that reveling in your own cruelty is weak and stupid. You will just keep indulging in your own depravity whenever there is an occasion to do it.

Why the hell are you bringing up that unrelated 3 Kingdoms crap?
    That is his raison d'être. That, and simping for any monster races regardless of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

TM wiki might not be 100% reliable, but it's what you deserve: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Dem...r_Organization
    I don't see how the Demin Hunters Organization fading in the obscurity or not has anything to do with what we are talking about.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The families that didn't survived by embracing the truth. That they are killers.

The families that didn't survived by embracing the truth. That they are killers.
    Are you implying that the other families disappeared because they felt compassion for their enemies?