Page 68 of 200 FirstFirst ... 18586366676869707378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3984

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quite a few of those teachers made the news...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Noel's hot so no one will mind tho.
    burn your dread you coward

So were those teachers in the news. Actually, that might make it worse. The ones who slip under the radar tend to be the male creeps.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Nah, if anything the ones who slip under the radar are the female molesters, because of the double standard where people don't believe women can be molesters/rapists and men can't be molested/raped.

Whenever a case of a male teacher molesting a student makes the news, people always react accordingly. But when it's a female teacher, you can see idiots going "lol, someone give that student a medal!"

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Mary Katherine Letourneau (née Schmitz; January 30, 1962 – July 6, 2020) was an American teacher who pleaded guilty in 1997 to two counts of felony second-degree rape of a child, Vili Fualaau, who was 12 or 13 at the time and had been her sixth-grade student at a Burien, Washington elementary school. While awaiting sentencing, she gave birth to Fualaau's child. With the state seeking a six-and-a-half-year prison sentence, she reached a plea agreement calling for six months in jail, with three months suspended, and no contact with Fualaau for life among other terms. The case received national attention.

Shortly after Letourneau had completed three months in jail, the police caught her in a car with Fualaau. A judge revoked her plea agreement and reinstated the prison sentence for the maximum allowed by law of seven-and-a-half years. Eight months after returning to prison, she gave birth to Fualaau's second child, another daughter. She was imprisoned from 1998 to 2004. Letourneau and Fualaau were married in May 2005, and the marriage lasted 14 years until their separation in 2019.
    I wonder if SVU made an episode based on this

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Nah, if anything the ones who slip under the radar are the female molesters, because of the double standard where people don't believe women can be molesters/rapists and men can't be molested/raped.

Whenever a case of a male teacher molesting a student makes the news, people always react accordingly. But when it's a female teacher, you can see idiots going "lol, someone give that student a medal!"
    True, but I think more female teacher abusers/rapists make the news because more sensational headlines, while male creeps can usually be dealt with without national news getting involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I wonder if SVU made an episode based on this
    I heard she died last year.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    *stuff*
    Jesus Christ, I took three lifebars worth of psychic damage just from reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Ah abuse, a topic I've had personal experience with.

Which may explain some of my nasu opinions or reactions

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    I don't know if the remake changed this but I remember Ciel mentioning she went to Japan of her own accord in OG Tsuki, so in my mind what might have happened is that Ciel and Noel saw an opening in Shiki's school and, since they suspected Shiki as Roa's potential reincarnation, saw it as a perfect opportunity for investigating him further. Noel was the obvious pick since she's an adult (not really mentally but whatever), whereas Ciel still looks like a teenager.

Of course, this is still the Catholic Church we're talking about here people. As if they give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    I don't know if the remake changed this but I remember Ciel mentioning she went to Japan of her own accord in OG Tsuki, so in my mind what might have happened is that Ciel and Noel saw an opening in Shiki's school and, since they suspected Shiki as Roa's potential reincarnation, saw it as a perfect opportunity for investigating him further. Noel was the obvious pick since she's an adult (not really mentally but whatever), whereas Ciel still looks like a teenager.

Of course, this is still the Catholic Church we're talking about here people. As if they give a shit.
    I mean Mario might, given that his (grand?)father felt in the Extra verse that he was unworthy of moving beyond Cardinal because of his love of women (if I remember right), plus Mario did say they were going to put Noel under investigation for unclear reasons, so I can completely buy it was something to do with this, mainly because her gratuitous torture of vampires wouldn't likely bat an eyelid.

I have a feeling Noel's serial child rape/sexual abuse is likely what ticked off whichever Bishop wanted to punish her before she joined the Burial Agency.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Church is Lawful Neutral really. It ain't like they give much of a shit but the purpose of their vampire-hunting is still human protection.

Also, she's a woman doing the abusing. No way the Church is looking the other way. It's not like she's a priest or something, right?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I'm pretty sure they don't care as long as you do your job. Heck, even Mario was like "I know you're not religious stop trying to act like it" when he met Noel after Ciel killed Vlov.
    Noel probably pissed the bishop off cuz she was a clutz and then managed to survive on her incompetence through Ciel's protection in the Burial Agency.

She was about to be put to death if I remember correctly, and that seems odd if it was just for her being a fuckup and not in the BA.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    INoel was the obvious pick since she's an adult (not really mentally but whatever), whereas Ciel still looks like a teenager.
    Given Noel's possible outcome:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I have a feeling Noel's serial child rape/sexual abuse is likely what ticked off whichever Bishop wanted to punish her before she joined the Burial Agency.
    Unpossible, she's a Catholic, they don't give a flying fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Already covered that. She's not a male priest.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, she's a woman doing the abusing. No way the Church is looking the other way. It's not like she's a priest or something, right?

It is pretty hard to high five someone you're looking away from...
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Of course, the Church might have been willing to give Noel a pass if she was actually competent at her job. Don't get me wrong, taking care of the Dead and newly born Vampires is where she excels, but... Even accounting for the fact that Volv was a Dead Apostle Ancestor, she was the one who kept screwing up in that scenario, and not Shiki, the one who was way out of his comfort zone. And this was after four years of working with Ciel, bear in mind.

As it is though, they probably started to question why the hell they should keep her around, and she angered the wrong person as a result.

She's basically the Anti-Satsuki, seemingly remarkable, but as you look deeper, she starts to come off as useless.
    Last edited by Base; September 16th, 2021 at 10:01 PM.