Page 66 of 200 FirstFirst ... 16566164656667687176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3986

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Buffy did a bunch of stuff with it. Stuff like characters dying because they had a welcome mat out. Or that time in Angel when he's leaning again an open door while his human friends search a victims apartment, only for him to fall through when the victim dies on the operating table.

I miss good Buffy/Angel. There was a bunch of heavy handed allegory episodes in the first few seasons, but when it got going it was great.
    Another funny idea I read was using vampires to validate tenants' rights. If you need the landlord's permission to invite a vampire in rather than the tenant's, that proves their rights aren't adequately respected.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post

The same logic applies to cameras: photographic film has silver in it, so a vampire wouldn't appear on a photo taken by a non-digital camera, but they wouldn't have any issue with digital cameras.

(An alternative explanation as to why vampires have no reflection is that they're dead and therefore have no soul, which makes no sense cause it implies inanimate objects have souls)
    didn't Shiki took Arcueid's photos with his cellphone?

There are a few other traits included though:

- Hypnosis = Mystic Eyes
    - Turning into animals = Familiar
    - Disappearing into mist = Super old and strong vampires can do it, but most of the time it's just a puppet being remotely controlled with magic, so when you cut off the connection it turns into mist and disappears

The interesting thing about mirrors is that the problem isn't the mirror itself, but silver, which is a shared weakness classic vampires have with werewolves. Old mirrors used silver backing to achieve reflection so a vampire wouldn't show up on it (technically speaking, werewolves also wouldn't be reflected on those mirrors, it's just not a common part of their mythos). Modern mirrors use other materials such as bronze, aluminum, or copper. So technically a vampire would be able to see their reflection on the surface of a modern mirror.

The same logic applies to cameras: photographic film has silver in it, so a vampire wouldn't appear on a photo taken by a non-digital camera, but they wouldn't have any issue with digital cameras.

(An alternative explanation as to why vampires have no reflection is that they're dead and therefore have no soul, which makes no sense cause it implies inanimate objects have souls)
    Oh yea.. I forgot about the mystic eyes. Good catch. It would be cool if the vampires in tsukihime can actually turn into certain animals themselves but I guess familiars are close enough. I haven't delved deep enough into the vampire lore of tsukihime but I don't remember any vampires turning into mist, not even Arcueid herself. It's cool that people managed to make it seem believable with the silver backed mirrors thing even though we're dealing with the supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    didn't Shiki took Arcueid's photos with his cellphone?
    He did take photos but it came out blurry because vampire trope.
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Old Blood; September 13th, 2021 at 01:24 AM.

^
    I know that. I asked because Gabriulio said digital camera can take vampire photo.

Oh I see, my bad. You're right because even the digital camera couldn't capture Arcueid. I guess Nasu didn't take silver into consideration lol.

Blog Entries
    pretty much, lol

If a vampire has to worry about anything regarding their victim, it would be how their diet affects the taste of their blood or something like that. Only someone's who's already got a weird obsession with the celibacy of others would look at their victim and think "man, this one's not a virgin. What a bummer."
    They're all hundreds of years old. Of course, they would have weird obsessions tied to mysticism and random bullcrap.

It's a weird thing to get hung on, sure, but even weirder to question creatures - some with centuries' baggage of bullshit, some with over a millenium - why they have weird quirks about their food.

I think its because it of the media and how tsukihime/nasu stuff has weird sexual elements, so instead of it just being 'vampire trope' it comes across more as fetish bait or otaku bait from the author

like the difference between edgy for edgy sake or shitty uses of rape in media.
    Last edited by Byegod; September 13th, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

pan baidu link to HD scans of the Tsuki mats if anyone is willing to download and reshare (all passwords are in the weibo post)
    Tsukihime Material I Material of Blue Glass Moon
    Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    Looks like the password can only be input in Chinese locale for some bizarre reason

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    What were Noel's interactions with Shiki like?

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What were Noel's interactions with Shiki like?
    An older woman trying to seduce an underage boy.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFan View Post
    An older woman trying to seduce an underage boy.
    That, and huge mood swings between being a peppy sensei-chan and a murder happy psycho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    That, and huge mood swings between being a peppy sensei-chan and a murder happy psycho.
    Hot.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Noel, I liked how people complained about her announcement in MB:TL one week after the game's release ended up "spoiling" her being an agent of the Church... when literally the same day Noel shows up she traps Shiki in what is essentially a kabedon and goes "oooh~ isn't my neck oh so beautiful and delicious and oh so full of yummy blood~ Shiki-kun, just stop thinking and let your instincts run wild~"

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    sounds like a typical high school teacher tbh
    don't quote me on this

Speaking of Noel, I liked how people complained about her announcement in MB:TL one week after the game's release ended up "spoiling" her being an agent of the Church... when literally the same day Noel shows up she traps Shiki in what is essentially a kabedon and goes "oooh~ isn't my neck oh so beautiful and delicious and oh so full of yummy blood~ Shiki-kun, just stop thinking and let your instincts run wild~"
    but Noel ended up having bigger spoiler later.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Her actual introduction before that has the line “My hobby is helping the Sunday Church.”

it was pretty obvious by that point tbh

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    That line in her introduction can be chalked off as setting Noel for a red herring. I already knew of Noel thanks to the Melty Blood trophies list, but I could see this line of thought happening for someone familiar with the original VN:

"In the original VN, even though the CG clearly shows Ciel, Shiki can't identify who it is that saved him from Roa that night. So Shiki could think "hmm... that person was dressed in church robes... who do I know that has connections to church?" and suspect Noel, only for the 'twist' reveal to be Ciel."

But then the after school scene happened and it turns out Noel doesn't believe in the concept of subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Her actual introduction before that has the line “My hobby is helping the Sunday Church.”
    男子サイテー

Honestly impressed that the highschool students made their own homebrew version of 2chan in 2014.
    Last edited by You; September 14th, 2021 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFan View Post
    The best (worst?) part is that her armor is called Virgin Pain.
    You don't know the half of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Makes me wonder how the hell did she wind up friends/associates with a bunch of oni hybrids in the Far East of all places.

Then again, assuming she is Sumire, maybe her "friendship" or whatever association she had with Makihisa was mostly BS.
    Oni are big drunkards. Maybe Sumire used to know Ibaraki and is there to give a big exposition about FGO lore.