Page 59 of 200 FirstFirst ... 9495457585960616469109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 3984

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I believe Zhenren also lack the connection to the Moon that True Ancestors have
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arcueid day 13

Something in this “awareness” causes it to be incomprehensible for ordinary people. It resembles an oil painting of one renowned painter. A solely dark blue city at night, illustrated with the moon and the stars.

Looking like it belongs to another dimension.
    Why the fuck do the spiders have Foreigner van Gogh lore attached to them? Aren't those things supposed to be Ghouls modded by Arach? Is Arach going to be related to Brishisan?

This doesn't feel like throwaway purple prose because of its place in the narrative. Shiki is going to where Roa is fighting and Ciel says she'll wait outside to ambush Roa after he killed Shiki and Arcueid. Then she gets a POV scene of her finding and starting to fight the spider boy. And Ciel then appears to finish off Roa like she did in the original. The short and incomplete Ciel fight didn't give a reason for Ciel to be late because she had already stated she'd be outside, and the fight itself wasn't the meaningful since it was off-screened. The only thing this interruption seems to accomplish is to tie the spider ghoul to Sterrennacth.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Speaking of her though, what was the distinction between her type of elemental and a real TA? Was it just that she can resist the impulse to drink blood or was there more?
    From what I remember of LB3, the NA translation at least, just outright calls her a TA instead of really making much distinction.
    Da Vinci does recognize her as True Ancestor, but she's very explicitly making guesses at the scene. Still, nothing denies her in the game IIRC. It's only Mei-ren's mats that go "No, she has a different purpose, actually" without elaborating on what's a Zhenren's purpose and what's a TA's purpose.

Meiren's purpose is listed as "surface management" and True Ancestors are meant to be Gaia's defense against humans, so maybe the difference is that Mei-ren doesn't need to interact with people.

US Friend Code
    Koyanskaya says it too for what it's worth

The Chad True Ancentor vs The Virgin Zhenren?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arcueid day 13

Why the fuck do the spiders have Foreigner van Gogh lore attached to them? Aren't those things supposed to be Ghouls modded by Arach? Is Arach going to be related to Brishisan?

This doesn't feel like throwaway purple prose because of its place in the narrative. Shiki is going to where Roa is fighting and Ciel says she'll wait outside to ambush Roa after he killed Shiki and Arcueid. Then she gets a POV scene of her finding and starting to fight the spider boy. And Ciel then appears to finish off Roa like she did in the original. The short and incomplete Ciel fight didn't give a reason for Ciel to be late because she had already stated she'd be outside, and the fight itself wasn't the meaningful since it was off-screened. The only thing this interruption seems to accomplish is to tie the spider ghoul to Sterrennacth.
    I actually thought it was mostly a throw away reference, but as it turns out, when we see this ghoul again in Ciel route, it has the same CG attached to it. There's even some lines about how it caused Ciel mental damage.

That said. I can't even begin to speculate as to why.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    An observation:

On the morning of Day 10 of Ciel Route in the rework, you can go talk to Akiha.

If you do, this is the scene that unfolds:

Excerpt in Japanese
    「お待ちなさい兄さん。 まだ十分に時間はあるでしょう。頭痛がするのなら、尚更ゆっくり休まれるべきでし ょう。
     ……まあ。確かに、顔色は良いようですが……」
     秋葉はじっとこちらを観察する。
     いつもの『素行チェック』……とは思うが、どこか、測っている基準が違う気がした。
    「……つかぬ事を伺いますが。
     ここ数日、手足の感覚に不調を感じた事は?」
    「? いや、特に」
     命の危険は何度も感じたが、それとこの質問は別のモノだろう。
    「わかりました。
     どうぞ、食堂で朝食をお摂りください」
     秋葉に促されて居間を出ようとする。
    「ごめんなさい、兄さん」
     瞬間。
     一瞬だけ、今朝の頭痛とは違う、沈むような眩暈がした。
    「秋葉、いま何か言った?」
     呼び止められた気がして振り向く。
    「なんだそれ。すごい顔してるぞ、おまえ」
     つい笑ってしまった。
     今度は秋葉が幽霊を見るような目をしていたからだ。
    「すごい顔、とはなんですか。女性の容姿を評するときは、具体的な表現をお願いします。
     ―――いえ、そうではなく」
     コホン、と恥ずかしそうに咳払いすると、秋葉はまじまじと俺の体……つま先から頭まで、確かめるように見 つめた。
    「なんでもありません。
     理由はまだ分かりませんが、兄さんが健康である事はいい事です。
     後日、改めて検査をしましょう」

To recap: Shiki goes to say good morning. Akiha is worried about his health. Shiki ignores her. He tries to leave. Akiha says "sorry", after which Shiki feels briefly dizzy. Akiha looks completely stunned.

Now this seems like Akiha is cutting of her connection to him (like in the special Arcueid Route bad end), but for some reason, not working. (His body has become undead already?) Of course, though, this is working with the assumption that nothing has changed in terms of that bit of lore.

As far as I have been able to deduce (thanks to Arai), this scene has no equivalent in the original Tsukihime. I wonder if it is just there for foreshadowing, or if there is some other meaning to this scene.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Going by your summaries, Shiki got a big boost of vitality in Day 7 after Roa/SHIKI kicked the bucket. So he probably doesn't need Akiha's juice from then on.

(After that he does start feeling worse by the day, but that's presumably because of vampirization)

- - - Updated - - -

The Tohno house crew were sometimes fishy in the original, but not nearly as fishy as in the remake. Far side should be a treat.

I mean there's that Ciel route bad end
    Ciel route
    where it's implied that you killed Akiha and Hisui between Day 11 and Day 12, yet Kohaku kept tending you for days after that. Sasuga Kohaku.
    don't quote me on this

Instead of wasting a CP in FGO jokes everyone and their mom knew, they should have waited for a carnival with the remake designs and new characters

off topic how noel calls shiki?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six

So what did the suspicious man in the bandages mean when he was laughing evily when Shiki asked him if he was close to Kohaku, and then he also reveals the surprising fact that he's actually more aquainted with Hisui?

There's also some other additional stuff about Akiha needing surgery again in the old Tohno records and also some certainty on Shiki's part, when Akiha tells him the truth about SHIKI, that besides something forgetting something even more important than being killed by SHIKI, he also killed something with his own hands.

Or Nanaya Shiki having memories of playing with a cat in the garden as the only treasured memory he has that Tohno Shiki doesn't have.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He looks like a great guy.

Surely the thing with Kohaku/Hisui being mixed up is because of Kohaku dressing up as Hisui shenanigans.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    off topic how noel calls shiki?
    Shiki-kun.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

I forgot. Were the Saiki one of Tohno's branch families or it's just they were hybrids like the Tohno?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    I forgot. Were the Saiki one of Tohno's branch families or it's just they were hybrids like the Tohno?
    I don't recall how it went in the original Tsukihime, but they are not counted among the branch families in the rework.

Saiki Gouto himself notes that he's not part of the family. He's a collaborator.

His smile is bright and honest. What a trustworthy fellow.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    Or Nanaya Shiki having memories of playing with a cat in the garden as the only treasured memory he has that Tohno Shiki doesn't have.
    So this is gonna turn out to be the panther right.

- - - Updated - - -

Also let's place bets on who Shiki used to play shiritori with.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    fuck, I can see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    The Saiki were a family of hybrids that Shiki's real dad eliminated in Red Demon God after a rival family (implied to be the Tohno) sold them out.
    Last edited by Nanashi(kari); September 6th, 2021 at 12:52 PM.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Makihisa is probably the biggest POS in Type Moon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can’t decide who the biggest POS is, but it definitely isn’t Makihisa. He’s been dealt an extremely shitty hand and stated to deal with it through a lot of unforgivable decisions but also quite a few sympathetic decisions.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    I can’t decide who the biggest POS is, but it definitely isn’t Makihisa. He’s been dealt an extremely shitty hand and stated to deal with it through a lot of unforgivable decisions but also quite a few sympathetic decisions.
    The only sympathetic thing he did was not want to kill his son. He did bring two little girls to his house to rape them and deliberately decide to prey on the quieter one because she'd give less trouble.