Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 19596467686970717479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1981

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

  1. #1361
    Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,201
    Blog Entries
    25
    tbh Noel's advances on Shiki should probably be viewed with the understanding that she is fully convinced that he is Roa the entire time.

  2. #1362
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,545
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    16
    she likes bad boys, news at 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  3. #1363
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Of course, the Church might have been willing to give Noel a pass if she was actually competent at her job. Don't get me wrong, taking care of the Dead and newly born Vampires is where she excels, but... Even accounting for the fact that Volv was a Dead Apostle Ancestor, she was the one who kept screwing up in that scenario, and not Shiki, the one who was way out of his comfort zone. And this was after four years of working with Ciel, bear in mind.

    As it is though, they probably started to question why the hell they should keep her around, and she angered the wrong person as a result.

    She's basically the Anti-Satsuki, seemingly remarkable, but as you look deeper, she starts to come off as useless.
    What were some examples? I remember one of the trailers showing her freaking out about the Dead(?) but that may have just been acting of some type?

    Also to be fair to Noel, doesn't Shiki in Tsukihime (at least OG Tsukihime, I don't know if it's different for Nu Tsukihime) sort of turn into pretty much a super Terminator whenever something flips his switch, to the point it's almost like he's possessed by his Nanaya instincts? Sometimes it felt like, to me at least, that Shiki was able to shut his brain off and then awaken with whatever enemy was in bloody pieces in Tsukihime.

    Seems a bit unfair to compare Noel to that.
    Last edited by warellis; September 17th, 2021 at 02:50 PM.

  4. #1364
    What exactly was the deal between Roa and Laurentis? Did Laurentis somehow get his hands on Roa's immortality research, try it himself but then end up with a terrible result to the point his son Mario had to search for Roa?

  5. #1365
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,500
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    I kinda wanna go back and fact check when I'm home, but iirc the gist of it is:
    - Laurentis is trying to go immortal while fully retaining his humanity
    - Apparently already has the "not aging" part covered, but still doesn't know what to do about the "not dying" part
    - Mario goes to Souya to ask Roa where his hidden documents are
    - Roa tells Mario that his hidden documents have nothing that can help, as Roa gave up his humanity precisely because what Laurentis is trying to accomplish is impossible

  6. #1366
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What were some examples? I remember one of the trailers showing her freaking out about the Dead(?) but that may have just been acting of some type?

    Also to be fair to Noel, doesn't Shiki in Tsukihime (at least OG Tsukihime, I don't know if it's different for Nu Tsukihime) sort of turn into pretty much a super Terminator whenever something flips his switch, to the point it's almost like he's possessed by his Nanaya instincts? Sometimes it felt like, to me at least, that Shiki was able to shut his brain off and then awaken with whatever enemy was in bloody pieces in Tsukihime.

    Seems a bit unfair to compare Noel to that.
    Well, if I remember correctly from the summary I read, she knocked something over, alerting the Dead, and then spent more time showing off about being an Executor and "flirting" with Shiki, than getting the job done, and remembering that this is the lair of a Dead Apostle Ancestor, which is where Ciel had to blow her own cover. And of course, she ended up getting bitten as a result.

    And yeah, that's completely fair about Shiki though Noel really should be more experienced about this kind of thing, so it's still noticeable that the one with murder impulses had his head on straighter.

    As for the comparison (if you're referring to the Anti-Satsuki comment), really, part of it, is the way Noel assumed she was slowly turning into a vampire, only for Arach to outright state that her potential is far too low for that without artificial means. You're right that it's unfair, but it is a relevant comparison. If you're referring to the Shiki comparison, see above.

    Keep in mind this comes from the summary, so I can't get into too much specifics but that's generally my reading, which I'm willing to correct if I turn out to be wrong.
    Last edited by Base; September 17th, 2021 at 03:47 PM.

  7. #1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I kinda wanna go back and fact check when I'm home, but iirc the gist of it is:
    - Laurentis is trying to go immortal while fully retaining his humanity
    - Apparently already has the "not aging" part covered, but still doesn't know what to do about the "not dying" part
    - Mario goes to Souya to ask Roa where his hidden documents are
    - Roa tells Mario that his hidden documents have nothing that can hethlp, as Roa gave up his humanity precisely because what Laurentis is trying to accomplish is impossible
    Thanks Comun. Another question if you don't mind, but it seems to me that Mario and Arcueid weren't total strangers were they? Feel like Mario knows about her (and True Ancestor in general) to a certain extent.

    Also, did Mario demonstrate any skill/abilty aside from Marionette?

  8. #1368
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,380
    JP Friend Code
    574132069
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I kinda wanna go back and fact check when I'm home, but iirc the gist of it is:
    - Laurentis is trying to go immortal while fully retaining his humanity
    - Apparently already has the "not aging" part covered, but still doesn't know what to do about the "not dying" part
    - Mario goes to Souya to ask Roa where his hidden documents are
    - Roa tells Mario that his hidden documents have nothing that can help, as Roa gave up his humanity precisely because what Laurentis is trying to accomplish is impossible
    So does that mean that being a dead apostle is necessary to do the soul transfer? Or is it more that doing a soul transfer is inherently inhuman?

  9. #1369
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Crown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,872
    Blog Entries
    18
    Spoiler:




  10. #1370
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    So does that mean that being a dead apostle is necessary to do the soul transfer? Or is it more that doing a soul transfer is inherently inhuman?
    Could be the DA part is used to keep the soul from rotting Zouken style. Cuz remember, as much as we shit on him, Zouken still counts as human somehow, despite the worm thing.

  11. #1371
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,498
    Blog Entries
    1
    Honestly just struck me how much Roa looks like Zolgen Makiri now

    takeuchi sameface problem strikes again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  12. #1372
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,439
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Could be the DA part is used to keep the soul from rotting Zouken style. Cuz remember, as much as we shit on him, Zouken still counts as human somehow, despite the worm thing.
    I thought Zouken was a ghoul or bloodsucking species by the time of FSN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  13. #1373
    Moonbow TomPen94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    THE TRUE RUN
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,396
    JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Didn't screw himself with magic enough to be considered non-human, I guess?

  14. #1374
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,500
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    What Crown just posted:
    "Bestino... You're Laurentis's secret child, aren't you?
    Oh. What a surprise to hear he's still alive.
    I can only imagine how fun things must have been on his end."

    "Unfortunately for him, I completely shifted my research topic to the soul.
    My research about the flesh had a lot of enthusiasm, but not a lick of competence. It was all theory that couldn't be turned into practice.
    A ritual that unreliable can't be considered magecraft. That's what we call a curse, Bestino."
    "Your point is?"

    "What, has Laurentis grown old to point that he needs immortality?
    But I'm sure I wrote it clearly in my notes:
    'It is impossible to achieve immortality while retaining one's humanity'.
    If the vultures scavenging my archive didn't heed to this warning, they only have themselves to blame."
    I knew I was getting some details mixed up. Apparently Laurentis already has Roa's writings, and that could have been a cause of a problem.
    Last edited by Comun; September 18th, 2021 at 02:53 PM.

  15. #1375
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I thought Zouken was a ghoul or bloodsucking species by the time of FSN?
    Iirc Kirei refers to him as a blood sucking bug because the vampire moniker doesnt fit.

  16. #1376
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,439
    Also, Kirei was able to exorcize him, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  17. #1377
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,921
    Idk what Kirei exorcised cuz HF3 q&a has nasu say that Zoukens soul is always in the heart bug. I guess at the end of the day its still the corpse of that woman that got dickwormed on screen.

    And HF2 q&a says zouken specifically didnt turn into a vampire because he didnt want to get hunted by the church and didnt want immortality (at the time i assume)...

    and then says there's only 30 ish people with Satsuki's DA potential in the world so i guess Satsuki is about 1 in 250 million? Is my math off badly?

  18. #1378
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,559
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    What Crown just posted:


    I knew I was getting some details mixed up. Apparently Laurentis already has Roa's writings, and that could have been a cause of a problem.
    Part of his writings at least. Given that we now know Roa pursues new "research" each time he reincarnates, he probably has a lot of it scattered around.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, Kirei was able to exorcize him, so...
    The exorcisms used by the church basically works by convincing the body its dead. In that sense, exorcising Zouken is easy. He should have died eons ago. But, it still didn't quite put him out of his misery, since he had a backup.

  19. #1379
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Honestly just struck me how much Roa looks like Zolgen Makiri now

    takeuchi sameface problem strikes again?
    I'm more forgiving about this example than others, because there are resemblances of the characters beyond just the design. Plus, Roa may have been the original design, while Zolgen was based off him. Because I don't think we saw Zolgen's face in FSN until the movies, just Zouken, meaning his debut was probably London, which was 2015 if I remember, same as when this redesign for Roa was first released, so they were probably designed around the same time.

  20. #1380
    夜属 Nightkin Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    181
    JP Friend Code
    038371142
    Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Because I don't think we saw Zolgen's face in FSN until the movies, just Zouken, meaning his debut was probably London, which was 2015 if I remember, same as when this redesign for Roa was first released, so they were probably designed around the same time.
    Young Zouken had a design years before FGO.

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •