Page 119 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1969109114117118119120121124129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3984

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nonhuman being the operative word. I'm pretty sure that TsukiRe straight up said that non-TA vampires are "extensions of humans".

And I'm pretty sure there is a book that describes "literary language"

also that only confirms that they are not, at least completely, human, if not "something else"
    Last edited by Alfredo845; January 15th, 2022 at 12:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    And I'm pretty sure there is a book that describes "literary language"
    Actually, the usage of the term is very deliberate, and only done in info-dumps by Church people (Ciel and Mario).

You are not supposed to see it as a literary flourish. It is meant to inform your perception of the nature of Dead Apostles.

Of course, what he is arguing here however is sort of missing the point of this comparison. This descriptor is used very much as a literal "extension". As in, Dead Apostles are just humans who live longer. This is used to inform us that Dead Apostles aren't that special, outside of this one quirk of theirs. Their immortality (and all that comes with it) is their sole defining feature. Their super-powers, unique society, and what not, are just side-effects of this one trait.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Does this mean their immortality is also what cuts them off from human history?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does kinda imply that Amakusa and Kirsch's plans would have absolutely not worked
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Isn't it probably the curse being the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by BoktaiMoon View Post
    I mean given Noel a complete normie got shanghaied into either becoming a Vampire Killer or some priest's onahole in the middle of fuck nowhere like hell they would have let Ciel go just because she got rid of her immortality (Roa's curse/link). Once you are in, you are never ever getting the fuck out or having any semblance of control of your life without doing some real fucked up shit or getting into some comfy chair and sending droves of mooks to die to whatever freak of the week popped up
    Or staying at a convent, but this is Noel we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Does kinda imply that Amakusa and Kirsch's plans would have absolutely not worked
    Amakusa's plan would have lead to the stagnation and pruning so feared in the Nasuverse, at least to my knowledge. Kirsch's plan would have given people more freedom to change and progress and would have remade history itself. Also, did he want to make humans immortal as well as superhuman?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    Or staying at a convent, but this is Noel we're talking about.
    Noel would have either had a great or terrible time in a convent, no in-betweens.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    one thing that Tsukihime taught me is eternity is 'boring'. and when humans get bored they would do something terrible to have fun.

Kirsch's plan was just gambling.

This perspective seems terribly limiting and unimaginative, and it betrays a very narrow view of what humans can be. There are plenty of ways to enjoy oneself for eternity, especially if you have meaningful connections with your loved ones and environment, and I think Kirschtaria's plan had that in mind. He wanted to change the material conditions of humanity and human beings to foster collaboration and altruism, something that I think might have worked because people do generally change their behavior in response to material conditions, though not always. I think his problem was that he didn't realize that some people like Beryl still exist and would need to be dealt with.

unless you have incredible will power like Bediviere human soul can't withstand the eternal time.

Are you talking physically or psychologically? For the latter, the real problem is usually the isolation and loneliness, not the longer lifespan itself per say.

I mean just because you have eternal body your soul won't automatically become eternal like the body.

Zouken and Darius proved soul will rot over time.

Oh, right. That. Third Magic does solve that in theory, heck why everyone's after it in Fate.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Eternity can be as exciting as it is boring. It depends on the person. They're capable of anything that is limited by death. Watching civilizations come and go as time passes is a pretty intriguing prospect. Nothing will ever be stagnant so long sapient lives thrive.

The one drawback of being immortal is that they'll experience partings far more than a normal lifespan would allow. They might compensate by not getting too attached to others, at risk of being lonely since there will be no one they're truly close to, or they might get used to it and shrug. But if they form mutual relationship with other immortal, they might not be as miserable, but if that relationship took turn for the worse that would be another story.

Then there're immortals who might use their nature to aim for the impossible that cannot be done in one lifetime, some might want to search for mystery beyond, then there's people who just wanted to die.

Whether they do bad or good though, it ultimately depends on the person again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    I mean just because you have eternal body your soul won't automatically become eternal like the body.

Zouken and Darius proved soul will rot over time.
    Then it depends on the method how they reach eternity. Immortals through natural means seem to not experience this drawback.

Exactly, and that's even more so when a whole society becomes immortal.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Ancestors apparently have fun mimicking human society and doing shit like game of thrones to pass the time. The possibility of being murdered and usurped is entertaining. Also, french incident is a good old party I guess.

if only every immortals live like Yu senpai.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Ancestors apparently have fun mimicking human society and doing shit like game of thrones to pass the time. The possibility of being murdered and usurped is entertaining. Also, french incident is a good old party I guess.
    I'm not sure Ancestors are a particularly good model of how a society of immortal humans would work, given that many of them became ancestors because of their relentless pursuit of immortality. That kind of skews the sample population.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Neither plan was just "make humans immortal".
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.