Page 74 of 200 FirstFirst ... 24646972737475767984124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3986

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

I agree. Shiki and arcueid to me are tsukihime. In the same way shirou and arturia is fate stay night. Any sequel or prequel would have to feature them imo.

I'm not against spinoffs of this world ofc with new characters and settings based on it.

Goodness knows we have enough fate properties along those veins.

If nasu really is doubling down on splitting the nasuverse into tsukihime and fate, it's pretty much inevitable. Tsuki no sango already exists as the first official tsukhime spinoff as it stands
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; September 25th, 2021 at 10:22 AM.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I personally think Tsukihime 2 could benefit from having a new protag, but that's just me. Nothing against Shiki, but new stories to tell and whatnot.
    At that point you shouldn't call it Tsukihime 2, it should be called something else.
    I'm honestly on the fence about an actual Tsukihime 2, especially if the original idea of just following one of the endings and ignoring all of the others is taken, as it retroactively makes those other endings mean less. It's already pretty ugh to see all the Far Side stuff shoved aside for LOL-Comedy™ outside of the OG VN.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Shiki himself return, he's really interesting to follow, but an actual straight-up sequel is something I'm aprehensive about.
    burn your dread you coward

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    what comedy? wasn't Tsuki 2 about Satsujinki going to Millennium castle to save Arc?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That's why I was thinking Tsuki 2 should have a non-Shiki protagonist. Choosing an ending from which to start Tsuki 2, which will always disappoint a significant contingent of fans. Even if they come up with an original compromise ending, that will still probably disappoint everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I recall Nasu felt the same way about FSN, that no route is better than the other, and in order to not diminish their values, he only made FHA as the closest thing to a sequel I think?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    You don't need to follow any route. Different worlds and all. If it's some grand ritual revolving around the crimson moon, altrouge, DAA factions and the church coming to heads it would be super weird not have Shiki.

If it's some new characters vendetta against a specific DAA or something then that's not Tsukihime 2. Plenty of room for vampire-horror-tsuki themed spinoffs.

It depends on the type of story they tell. Like Ciels ending says, it's just beginning. Who knows what story you'll run into.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I just want to see Satsujinki, Altrouge and Lorelei.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    I just want to see Satsujinki, Altrouge and Lorelei.
    Ciels Normal End has Shiki training with the church and going to work under the right hand man of the strongest figure in the whole organization(politically). Given what he is searching for, this is probably one potential example of 'Satsujinki'. Talk's version being another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    You don't need to follow any route. Different worlds and all. If it's some grand ritual revolving around the crimson moon, altrouge, DAA factions and the church coming to heads it would be super weird not have Shiki.

If it's some new characters vendetta against a specific DAA or something then that's not Tsukihime 2. Plenty of room for vampire-horror-tsuki themed spinoffs.

It depends on the type of story they tell. Like Ciels ending says, it's just beginning. Who knows what story you'll run into.
    I mentioned the potential pitfalls of an original route.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I always imagined that if Tsukihime 2 were to become a thing it would follow a non-existent route similar to the one described in Plus Disc(pic below) which is Arc route plus some things from far side.
    Besides, everytime Nasu wrote a sequel to one of his games (HA, Extellla) he always continued from a non-existent route.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

I mentioned the potential pitfalls of an original route.
    I know, but you can't satisfy everyone so it doesn't seem like much of an incentive to hold back to me when there are stories to tell. I find it strange for people to be bothered by such a thing in a multiverse setting. VN in the first place are built off the assumption that nothing is particularly more official than anything else so a 'sequel' following an unavailable route isn't particularly problematic. Some stories just need certain characters to be told is all I'm saying. If it's that kind of story that involves enough of the pertinent issues and characters to be called Tsukihime 2 then you obviously need the characters that make Tsukihime what it is. It would be weird to have a story about reviving CM and not have Arcueid right? Or a story about hunting down the DAA involved in the massacre of Ciel's village and not have her. It would be super weird not to have Shiki in those stories IMO. But that's just for >those< stories. There are still plenty of DAA and over 50 other additional rung VIII vampires and interesting characters available for additional stories that have nothing to do with the Tsuki cast in the setting.

Ciels Normal End has Shiki training with the church and going to work under the right hand man of the strongest figure in the whole organization(politically). Given what he is searching for, this is probably one potential example of 'Satsujinki'. Talk's version being another.
    Not that I don't agree, but isn't he just searching for Atonement since trying to kill himself to be rid of Roa results in Ciel's death when he felt he should have survived and stuck with her regardless of what was happening?
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    I always imagined that if Tsukihime 2 were to become a thing it would follow a non-existent route similar to the one described in Plus Disc(pic below) which is Arc route plus some things from far side.
    Besides, everytime Nasu wrote a sequel to one of his games (HA, Extellla) he always continued from a non-existent route.
    Spoiler:
    At that point isn't it just the manga then? Lol.

In the end there's no way to make everyone happy. But I think nasu already put himself into the corner either intentionally or not when he created arcueid as the main heroine with the other girls as extensions. Even now, because nasu continues to say tsukihime is at it's core a story of arcuied, while it's easier to prioritize in external materials, there are still plenty of characters people care about in the story just as much as her or beyond.

It's a problem fate doesn't have, since from the beginning arturia was never considered the main heroine of fate and things were more balanced despite her face being used for marketing potential.

On the plus side for those who arent partial to arc, atleast they have their own routes in source material itself -shrug-

Tsukihime also has the problem that if they try to create a composite end, they'll end up prioritizing either Near or Far Side because balancing the two in a composite ending to make Tsuki II from is basically impossible considering how incompatible those two stories are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    At that point isn't it just the manga then? Lol.

In the end there's no way to make everyone happy. But I think nasu already put himself into the corner either intentionally or not when he created arcueid as the main heroine with the other girls as extensions. Even now, because nasu continues to say tsukihime is at it's core a story of arcuied, while it's easier to prioritize in external materials, there are still plenty of characters people care about in the story just as much as her or beyond.

It's a problem fate doesn't have, since from the beginning arturia was never considered the main heroine of fate and things were more balanced despite her face being used for marketing potential.

On the plus side for those who arent partial to arc, atleast they have their own routes in source material itself -shrug-
    This is also why El-Melloi Adventures is having an easier time coming up with a composite route they will obliquely reference than any Tsukihime 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    Not that I don't agree, but isn't he just searching for Atonement since trying to kill himself to be rid of Roa results in Ciel's death when he felt he should have survived and stuck with her regardless of what was happening?
    He vows never to make that mistake again. He actually says he is not doing this out of atonement. He's not desperate and looking to die. He's just making the most out of the life and happiness she gave him. That's why he's walking the helllish path that she had tread. It was a vow... to bring about a miracle, a rainbow in the dark and do the impossible. His objective is to live his life the best he can and to return it to her. He's going to bring her back. The reason he is with the church is it's only through Laurentius that he can access the deepest secrets of the church(Angel Archives or something).

That's what i got out of the epilogue.

Tsukihime also has the problem that if they try to create a composite end, they'll end up prioritizing either Near or Far Side because balancing the two in a composite ending to make Tsuki II from is basically impossible considering how incompatible those two stories are.
    That's up the the writer to be creative. Saying it's not doable just means the right person hasn't tried. We also don't know how the changes of red garden will impact the flow. Either way, it's not like they absolutely need to bring the Tohno house girls into a story revolving around Arc or Ciel and vice versa in the future unless there is a reason for it narratively. Depends as always on the story they wanna tell. It also doesn't really have to be a VN IMO.
    Last edited by Nanaya; September 25th, 2021 at 02:58 PM.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    I personally feel that the best way to do it is having a storyline like the one in Talk and Prelude where you have only Shiki (with some Arc and maybe Ciel) and having several tidbits (from characters like Merem or whoever else) which mention how Shiki met Arc and learned about Ciel's past and defeated Roa (Near Side stuff), but also has Shiki internally monologuing and reminiscing about the things he learned about the Tohno mansion (Far Side stuff).

In other words a composite ending which off-handedly mentions events from all the routes, but never goes into detail on how or in what order they happened.

Of course, doing that and having it make sense would be very difficult and I can't really imagine Nasu (or any other writer for that matter really) pulling it off in a satisfying way.

That's up the the writer to be creative. Saying it's not doable just means the right person hasn't tried. We also don't know how the changes of red garden will impact the flow. Either way, it's not like they absolutely need to bring the Tohno house girls into a story revolving around Arc or Ciel and vice versa in the future unless there is a reason for it narratively. Depends as always on the story they wanna tell. It also doesn't really have to be a VN IMO.
    The problem isn't Tsuki II's potential medium, but that it's the sequel to a visual novel with multiple equally canon paths. Besides, Shiki also develops as a character and goes through very different things depending on which side you pick, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    I personally feel that the best way to do it is having a storyline like the one in Talk and Prelude where you have only Shiki (with some Arc and maybe Ciel) and having several tidbits (from characters like Merem or whoever else) which mention how Shiki met Arc and learned about Ciel's past and defeated Roa (Near Side stuff), but also has Shiki internally monologuing and reminiscing about the things he learned about the Tohno mansion (Far Side stuff).

In other words a composite ending which off-handedly mentions events from all the routes, but never goes into detail on how or in what order they happened.

Of course, doing that and having it make sense would be very difficult and I can't really imagine Nasu (or any other writer for that matter really) pulling it off in a satisfying way.
    Adventures is also taking this route, only obliquely referencing some parts of the the Fifth HGW and carefully not saying much that would identify a definite route.

They could also just make it follow the phantom Mio route.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Adventures is also taking this route, only obliquely referencing some parts of the the Fifth HGW and carefully not saying much that would identify a definite route.
    Yeah I was thinking about typing that out, but since I haven't actually read it I wasn't 100% sure that's what it was doing.

I do have a solution, but it depends mainly on what the Satsuki route will be like. If it is, as I suspect it will be, a composite of the Near and Far Sides, then all Nasu has to do is make a similar kind of route where Shiki bonded with the other girls while saving Satsuki and he'll have his ideal background for the sequel. He already did it for Melty Blood, so with the original route finally being made, he can take advantage of it to create framework for the sequel.

Of course, there may be misconceptions that the Satsuki route is the "canon" route, but it's still the best option I can think of. Especially as Arcueid was as near as I can tell supposed to be a major character in the original route.
    Last edited by Base; September 25th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.