Thread: Mirror image [archer/ishtar(rin tohsaka)

Mirror image [archer/ishtar(rin tohsaka)

Summary: “Do I look like her?” Those words alone, haunt him.

Chapter 1: Ishtar’s question

A/n: i actually wrote this before watching the anime. Or well, half my fics are. Would love to hear what you think! Idk if I’m posting this in the right forum i swear beast lair is like walking into new territory

“Do I look like her?”

Archer freezes in the middle of the kitchen. He meets Ishtar's gaze, whose eyes look so much like- “ I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I’m not a fool, archer. You think I haven’t seen the way you looked at me?” Ishtar says, sliding her hand up and down his arm. She’s mocking him again. Great.

He doesn’t know which he hates more, himself or her. He resumes his work; tidying up his work space, placing the utensils back and takes an egg out from the carton.

A resounding crack echoes.

Ishtar seems to have taken the hint and pulls her hand away, instead opting to fold an arm behind her back, while her other hand rested on her chest. “So? Are you going to tell me or what?”

He doesn’t answer.

Ishtar sighs, before finally deciding to give up. There was no point bothering with him if he wasn’t going to talk.

Just as she was about to leave Archer turns to give his answer. “You’re the splitting image of her,” Archer said, dusting the flour off his apron. His gaze wavers, slightly. “You may look like her, sound like her, but you’re not her.”

“Who?”

“My previous Master,” he replied. “She was a stubborn girl with the temper of a child and naive. But, what I liked most about her was her strength.” His face softened, an expression Ishtar was unfamiliar with.

He could still remember it, the look on her face when they first met. She was the only one that cried for him, the only one he trusted the only person he-

But that was all in the past wasn’t it?

Even now, he had longed to see her. The fresh wound opened up again, another reminder of his promise- their promise that lingered in the back of his mind.

Perhaps it was fate that brought him here.

“What was her name?”

Archer clenches the pendent tight in his hand and runs his thumb over the glistening red jewel, smiling.

“Her name was-“
    Last edited by Lemonbars; August 13th, 2021 at 01:12 AM.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    . . . Did you have to end it just as it was getting good?

In all seriousness, aside from one minor spelling error (it should be "carton" rather then "carten"), I found a great deal enjoyable about this, and would be interested in seeing more of it, or more like it.

Also, I gather, from the things you've posted, that you're a Rin fan (I've still been meaning to check out the other two, sorry); would that include Ereshkigal (A.K.A., "the best version of Rin") . . .?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . Did you have to end it just as it was getting good?

In all seriousness, aside from one minor spelling error (it should be "carton" rather then "carten"), I found a great deal enjoyable about this, and would be interested in seeing more of it, or more like it.

Also, I gather, from the things you've posted, that you're a Rin fan (I've still been meaning to check out the other two, sorry); would that include Ereshkigal (A.K.A., "the best version of Rin") . . .?

Thanks! This was originally a one shot but there’s actually several chapters more. But Im not sure how to update a chapter on this site so it’ll take a while. If you know how tho, that’d speed things along since I have more chapters.

And yeah I’m a Rin fan always have been haha. Take your time, no worries. I actually do have a story about eresh but I haven’t posted it on here since the pairings a little questionable at best. And I’m still working on another eresh smut fic.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonbars View Post
    Thanks! This was originally a one shot but there’s actually several chapters more.
    Excellent.

But Im not sure how to update a chapter on this site so it’ll take a while. If you know how tho, that’d speed things along since I have more chapters.
    In my experience, hit "Reply," add chapter, and post - we don't use threadmarks here (that I'm aware of), so if you want a "Table of Contents" page, you'll have to make one, I'm afraid.

And yeah I’m a Rin fan always have been haha. Take your time, no worries. I actually do have a story about eresh but I haven’t posted it on here since the pairings a little questionable at best. And I’m still working on another eresh smut fic.
    How tantalising . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette