Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Throne of Snippets

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap, I just found the hidden option. I thought it was covered with a COLLAPSE tag somewhere. Goes to show you just can't trust Morg with anything these days.

Oh well, my answer remains the same.

Blog Entries
    I hadn't realised it was supposed to be hidden because I was in light mode lol

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Holy crap, I just found the hidden option. I thought it was covered with a COLLAPSE tag somewhere. Goes to show you just can't trust Morg with anything these days.

Oh well, my answer remains the same.
    the devil apparently hides all kinds of stuff in his sheets and sometimes even messages.
    the last snippet had a hidden 4th one too. im gonna get 1000years dungeon for this
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    the devil apparently hides all kinds of stuff in his sheets and sometimes even messages.
    the last snippet had a hidden 4th one too. im gonna get 1000years dungeon for this
    I'm just about ready to tap every word, highlight every paragraph, and dissect every code by the time the next part comes around. And even then I'm not sure I could find every secret there.

Blog Entries
    Del: Your punishment shall come. And it shall be suitably terrible.

Welp. Now that that's our there, it's time to play the paranoia game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I hadn't realised it was supposed to be hidden because I was in light mode lol
    Curses. Foiled by light mode. Never saw that coming.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Del: Your punishment shall come. And it shall be suitably terrible.

Welp. Now that that's our there, it's time to play the paranoia game.

- - - Updated - - -

Curses. Foiled by light mode. Never saw that coming.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I choose the third option.

Blog Entries
    Well, 4 people voted, and I likely won't get anymore. At least, not until I start releasing the conjoining Servants. Anyway...

Off to See the Wizard.
    Find the Party.
    Where Fortune Lies.

Then this Mikomeda is keeping our world from erasure.

Unfortunately true. However, it allows you power beyond imagining. With the tree, this world is an extension of your will.

Perhaps. But how long will that extension last? This world was never meant to last forever. I worry for my people.

So long as it is nurtured, the tree will keep this world from erasure. Its power is unmatched. With it, nothing is beyond your reach. This world shall remain.

Yet this… Chaldea. They would condemn this world. They would condemn my people.

Only in the name of preserving their own home, something you can understand. However, perhaps it would be better for you to ignore them in their attempts.

…And I will simply watch as these invaders attempt to destroy what Ahura Mazda has created? Shall I open the gates for them and invite them to dine with me before they trample upon my duty? Would you dare to ask me this, as one who has appeared so suddenly in my presence speaking of druj? Answer me, Crypter!

*smile*
    I don’t presume to command you, Yamah Xšaitah. I believe, though, that I can offer an alternative. One I’m certain will satisfy us both.

Then make it known.

The duo made their way back towards the village entrance, their stomachs filled with the breakfast generously offered before their departure. While Sao seemed ready to get back on the road, Ritsuka having told him where they’d be going next, the Master was surprised by how apologetic and concerned everyone seemed for them. Then again, they must think leaving the mountain was a death wish.

Ritsuka wasn’t sure how he felt about it either. He knew he had to do something, but he could tell his abilities were limited in this Lostbelt. Somehow, it felt like a large amount of his contracts had been severed. In the English Lostbelt, his connection was being blocked, but this was different. Could it also be affecting his communications?

Sao hadn’t mentioned what happened with Kāve the previous day, and Ritsuka didn’t want to bring it up if it wasn’t going to be an issue. He had, however, asked Sao if he had any strange dreams that night, which had only earned him a confused stare. Whatever he saw, it was only for him, but Sao was the focal point. It was the same feeling he had whenever he tried to remember what happened before he woke in the lake. Like he was missing something crucial.

That was why he wanted to go to Gaokerena. Sao had said the lake flowed from a river that began there. Maybe if he could find the lake’s origin point, he might discover something to help clear his head. At least, that was his hope.

“Kāve?”

Ritsuka was pulled from his thoughts by Sao’s exclamation, his eyes drawing up to the large man standing in their path at the edge of the encampment.

“I wanted to make sure you did as I said.”

The man lifted two bags as he spoke, extending them toward the approaching duo. Ritsuka noticed a third nearby, but Kāve didn’t even glance at it.

“This food should keep you going for the next few days.”

“You still aren’t coming with us?”

Kāve let out a sigh as Ritsuka took the packs. He kneeled, becoming almost level with Sao as he spoke.

“Listen, kid. I can’t fight this battle. Not on my own. Were things like before, I would’ve already locked Zahhak in this mountain again or tried to knock some sense into the king who’s supposed to be watching over his people, but I can’t. What I can do is help these people. My people. When the time comes, maybe I can finally do more.”

He glanced over at Ritsuka.

“Maybe that time will be soon.”

He placed a calloused hand on Sao’s shoulder, staring into his eyes.

“I know you want to help, but is this something you can do?”

Ritsuka was surprised that, after only a second of hesitation, Sao’s face set in an unquestionable resolve.

“…Fereydun had the same look.”

Kāve took the third bag in hand, opening it and pulling out a strangely shimmering mace with the head of a cow.

“Hopefully, it will be more useful to you than him.”

Sao reverently took the mace in his hands, sheer awe on his face.

“Is this…”

“I made it,” Kāve tossed over shoulder as he headed back into the village. “If he’s got a problem with who uses it, the brat can tell me himself.”

Ritsuka watched the man walk away before turning his attention back to his destination. That towering structure in the distance.

“Ready to go, Sao?”

The boy pulled his eyes to way to look up at the master, a wide grin that warmed Ritsuka’s heart on his face.

“Let’s go!”

”Our stores are running low!”

“I am aware. These things take time.”

“And how much more time do you need? I’ve lost count of how many years you’ve taken in perfecting your art, and you still seem no closer than when you began!”

“Actually, I have almost reached the end. The original issue was adapting the magecraft into magic. However, with the Skill the bull killer stole from Arsalan, I was finally able to break through the barrier.”

Zahhak leaned forward on his throne, the snakes on his shoulders stilling their agitated movements from moments prior.

“Are you saying you’ve finally found a way to break through that barrier?”

“Not simply Damavand, but even the gates of Pārsa will no longer be an issue.”

The snakes coiled slowly around Zahhak, the heads resting next to his ears.

“Then the time has almost arrived.
    Where is the Slayer? I have orders to give her.”

“I sent her to investigate a disturbance that may impede our plans. If it is nothing, she should be back within a day.”

“What could be so important?” Zahhak asked as his snakes writhed irritably.

The Crypter frowned as what happened two days previous flashed in his mind.

“Gaokerena has begun to sprout once more.”

“Take them alive!”

“You always say that! We don’t need you to tell us!”

“You aren’t the one the king is always roaring at!”

The strange humanoids argued as they surrounded Ritsuka and Sao, each being contributing their own grievance to the shouting. Sao held the mace in both hands, the fear on his face contrasting the resolve in his eyes. Ritsuka, for his part, was really wishing Mash had been there. Or the other… Yeah! Two other Servants came with him. How did they all get separated?

“Will all of you just shut up!” the largest of the creatures roared. “These are the first humans we’ve found out here in years, so quit your yapping and grab them! The king is getting hungry, and we might be next!”

This finally quieted the creatures, and they quickly closed the circle around the two. The closest reached out to grab them, but Sao swung the mace at his hand. As it made contact, a flash of blazing light hit them like a wave, driving them back in a growling mass. Sao looked at the mace in awe before readying himself with more confidence.

“The boy’s got a mace made of aṣ̌a!” the beast that had been hit yelped, its hand seeming to crumble from the attack.

“Then just kill him!” the largest roared the command. “The king won’t know there were two of them.”

“To think Zahhak has such underachievers. I made the right choice.”

From nowhere, a man landed in the circle, hand resting idly on the sword at his side. The beasts all froze at the sight of him.

“You’ll never get anything of value thinking like that,” he berated them, pointing at the bewildered duo. “Your prize is right in front of you, and you’re thinking of giving one up. Pathetic!”

“You have no business here, Sinbad,” the leader rumbled out.

“And that’s where you’re wrong,” Sinbad said while drawing his sword. “Because I’ve taken a vested interest in these two, and, by Allah, I won’t let you turn them into dinner.”

Sinbad

With that declaration, Sinbad raised his sword into the air…
    and nothing happened.

The creatures remained tense while Ritsuka and saw watched the Servant in bewilderment. Apparently, he knew about them, but neither of them had met him. The only reason Ritsuka had even a clue of who he was came from Scheherazade.

The tension faded away with the beast still wary but obviously gaining confidence from the sheer lack of anything from Sinbad. Still he stood there, sword raised with a smile on his face, but that might’ve been more forced. At least, that’s what the surrounding creatures thought.

Then on stepped forward, and a giant boulder fell on it.

As if it was a signal, a screech filled the air as massive, winged shadows fell across the area, several more boulders booming to the ground on top of the creatures, encircling the three at the center in rock.

Sinbad sheathed his sword as the wind whipped up in a rampant torrent as the shadows grew bigger, and two birds as large as dragons descended to land on the boulders, talons larger than elephants digging into the boulders they dropped.

“Thank you for the help, my friends,” he told the birds, stroking the outstretched beak of one that made him look diminutive in comparison. “Maybe we’ll see each other again another day.”

The immense bird shook their feathers before launching back into the air, a dust storm in their wake. They soon vanished, Sinbad watching after them until they were out of sight.

“So, young master,” he said as he turned to face the duo, a grin on his face. “Is it too forward to form a contract?

”That is truly wonderful news.”

“Yes, I believed you would find it promising.”

“It is certainly surprising. I thought it lost when Mikomeda began sprouting from it, but it would make sense Gaokerena would be able to bring itself forth once more.”

“Is that so?”

The Crypter made sure that his question was spoken without the irritation he had for the unexpected addition.

“In many ways, the Gaokorena is the place closest to the Divine Realm. The waters that surround it are directly connected to Puitika, and the Hom itself imparts the will of Ahura Mazda. The White Hom is even responsible for my very birth.”

The Crypter’s hands clenched behind his back. The vessel for the Fantasy Tree turning around and growing back out of it was something he couldn’t have predicted. Still, it was possible he could use it.

“Is it possible it is a sign?”

The king rested into his throne, considering the question.

“The woman Mithra brought us. Was the Hom present before she arrived?”

“From what I can discern, it only began sprouting after her arrival. It has been a day at most, but it is already growing strong limbs.”

Another span of silence passed between them before the king continued.

“Mithra, what are your thoughts on this?”

The armored woman standing off to the side took the cigarette from her lips, the smoke from its tip wafting gently into the air.

“The previous two have already appeared, and none of the women we saved have proven worthy. This woman… did you not say she aided in saving Humanity?”

“The homunculus did aid Chaldea’s Master against the Human Order Incineration”

“A Victorious Helper, one might say.”

“A bit of a stretch isn’t it, Mithra. I think your vessel is impairing your judgment.”

“Though it has given me some odd habits,” she said while eyeing the cigarette before idly replacing it in her mouth. “It has no bearing on my judgement.”

“Then maybe the cigarrete taste is fogging your mind.”

“I have made my decision.”

The king’s words were spoken no louder than any previous ones, but they coursed like a physical wave through the room, silencing the words on the other tongues.

“Mithra. Can she be transported without your supervision?”

Mithra held her hand to her chin, metal clinking as the other crossed her body to grip the elbow.

“We removed her equipment and the binding I placed on her should be strong enough, but I feel that the woman must fill the role willingly. Forcing her goes against everything we’ve worked for.”

“I will speak to her.”

The king rose as he spoke, a silent power fading as he glided down the stairs toward the others. Mithra bowed as he moved past while the Crypter carefully maintained a neutral mask.

Soon. Very soon.

“That is quite the beginning to your adventure.”

“And then Kāve gave me Ferēdun’s Gorz!”

“Is that what that is?”

Sinbad moved closer, keeping up the same pace he had been as he examined the mace.

Ritsuka glanced at them before turning back to the familiar tree beginning to tower over them. A white spiral inlaid with bright green surrounding by what he realized was a massive lake on all sides. Flora and the first natural animals he had seen since he arrived in the Lostbelt spread out around them, which should be comforting but only served to unnerve him.

Sao was very confused when they drew closer, saying Gaokerena looked completely different from the tree. It’s possible Gaokerena was in a similar situation to the Fusang Tree as the entryway for the tree’s invasion. It was strange then that this was the only tree he’d seen with actual organic branches stretching out its body between the long cracks of the tree.

“Hey, Master! Best look down before you step in something.”

Ritsuka looked down and realized he was about to step into the water surrounding the tree. He pulled himself back, appreciating just how far they still were from the tree.

“I think I can work with something here,” Sinbad said as he looked around. “Wait here for a bit. I’ll make us a raft.”

“Actually, it’d be better if we don’t get too close to it,” Ritsuka said, looking around himself. “The trees have defense mechanisms, and I don’t think any raft you build could stand the heat.”

“Defense mechanisms and heat?” Sinbad asked, glancing up the structure. “Heat I can deal with. Haven’t led an assault before, though.”

“What have you done, sir?” Sao asked with bright eyes.

“Oh, you want to hear some stories, do you?” Sinbad questioned the boy with obvious pride. “I’m not as great a storyteller as Scheherazade, but I do have practice.”

Ritsuka eyed the river the followed while Sinbad told Sao animatedly about serpents. The lake he was in led directly from the massive body of water around the tree, so there might be something special about it. He walked to it, running his fingers through the water as he thought. He felt like there was something he was missing. Like there was another reason he was here.

“Now, they obviously used hunks of meat bigger than this.”

Sinbad punctuated this by lifting a boar that had been watching them since they arrived. The creature was strangely docile in his arms, tail swaying placidly.

“But they just threw them…”

He stepped forward and launched the boar over the water. The boar sailed with a squeal into the air, its legs splayed out as it fell. Without warning, the surface churned, and a fish as large as a boat exploded out, swallowed the boar, and dove back in one smooth motion.

“…like that, except with less giant fish. I don’t think I’ve ever dealt with giant fish before. Well, maybe that island…”

Sinbad drew closer to the edge while Sao moved away, glancing at Ritsuka in apprehension. The child faced a group of monsters without flinching, but he was still a child. At least those creatures were close to his size.

“Actually,” Sinbad said as he stood up. “I think I have encountered something like this. It was…”

“Sinbad. To think I would find you here as well.”

Sinbad froze as all eyes fell on the woman walking towards them. There was no hurry, no grace in the walk. Her walk was like her tone. It did what was needed, and that was all.

And Sinbad looked terrified.

“Zahhak doesn’t seem concerned with you, so you can calm down. Honestly, I find you endearing enough that you could survive solely on that.”

She gave him a small, simple smile that set Sinbad to extremely nervous laughter.

“Haha… You always put me at ease, Garshāsp. I don’t know how you do it.”

“My charming personality, I think.”

The woman turned to look at the other two with him. Her eyes lingered on Sao for only an instant before becoming fixed on Ritsuka. The longer she looked, the more something about her shifted. Her body didn’t move, yet her entire sense of presence grew larger, more dangerous.

Garshāsp

“It seems I was wrong. Hello, Master of Chaldea. To think, we believed you dead.”

They… what?

“Master,” Sinbad spoke with a calm that didn’t show on his face. “We need to run. Now.”

“But can’t you do something like with the rocs?” Sao asked with a rising voice.

“You don’t know what you’re asking me,” Sinbad continued in the same voice as before. “If it was weaker enemies like before, it would be no issue, but I’m a Voyager. We aren’t really the fighting type, and I wouldn’t fight her even if I was a Beast. Our only option is to run. Isn’t that right, Garshāsp?”

“You aren’t wrong,” she spoke, a slight edge in her tone. “I haven’t been ordered to do anything beyond investigate, but I’d be obligated to kill you. It’s only natural.”

“So, we run.”

Sinbad looked over at Ritsuka, keeping one eye on the wild beast slowly replacing the girl.

“Right, Master?”
    3. JUMP IN THE WATER!!
    1. We can probably take her
    2. Sinbad’s right. Now is definitely the time to run

Best pick quickly
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    The hidden options, the secrets... WHERE ARE THEY!?

I'm taking option 2. We don't know enough (or anything at all for that matter) about this woman to be sure she won't vaporize us. Best trust Sinbad for now.

Edit: Oh, found one. It felt so random, but I guess there's a reason for it. Let's see where option 3 will lead us.
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 8th, 2022 at 05:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    let me take a DIP

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I'm finally caught up to the plot and WOW. I'm so goddamn impressed, Morg.

But also I'd be a chicken so option 2 it is.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

I'm gonna choose 2 as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    The hidden options, the secrets... WHERE ARE THEY!?
    Edit: Oh, found one. It felt so random, but I guess there's a reason for it. Let's see where option 3 will lead us.
    wait what where?

in any case; sinbad seems cool, so for now let's trust him with our life. (2)
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Some random stuff that I dreamt of before I actually fell asleep. Perhaps headcanon worthy for some.

"Greetings, dear Mash. How can I help you? Come sit down, sit down."
    "Thank you, Voyager. Ah excuse me, Franz. I came to you because you have a unique understanding of the Class System. I was interested to hear your thoughts on a question of mine."
    "Ask away, young lady! I always have an open ear and heart for kind people. I am honored you come to me when geniuses across time and space gather here."
    "There is only one Root but several timelines. My thought was...what if there is a world that perceived their heroes slightly differently. What if the classes they are recorded as are completely different from ours? Perhaps our rare Extra Classes are their Standard Classes? Perhaps they have their own unique Classes to begin with? If that were the case, then perhaps we could even summon these Classes."
    "I see, fascinating idea. I do not believe there is a world in which the Standard Classes are different for them. Opposite, I believe the Standard Classes are defined as 'Standard' because they are present across all of them."
    "So the average of all classes of all possible worlds are the seven Standard Classes? This would make sense."
    "Regarding the Extra Classes...I have some propositions.
    First, I think their importance and definitions vary across different timelines. I expand this to the idea of 'hero' as well.
    Imagine other timelines that have Chaldea too. We can view their roster of Servants as a good representation of their path with which they can access the Throne of Heroes.
    There may be Chaldeas that almost exclusively summon Standard Classes, even Servants that we can not see as anything but Extra Class material.
    Some may even summon larger amounts of heroes but they are all relatively modern and minor, because this world is more 'rational' and values historic people's accomplishments higher than 'mythical and literary figures'. Some have a wide variety of Classes, to the point that it gets diluted if some Classes are actually 'Standard' too. Some define MoonCancers as a threat to the Moon Cell present in their world, while another world without it sees this class as a threat from humanity towards the cosmos. Few may even hotspots for eldritch activity and have a higher activity of Foreigners. Other worlds deviated and created new Classes or shards of existing ones that are not present in many others.
    But we only have one Root, and they are all recorded there. If they are adjacent enough, some of these Extra Classes or additional definitions may leak over and emerge in a world that did not define them. But like an actual leak, more can flow through them and become an established Class. In our world, this may be Faker and Lover. Perhaps our world only has my peculiar case of what a Voyager Class is, and this definition may flow into other worlds and influence the summoning of their Chaldea? I do not know, and most likely I will never know. I can only speculate. But I feel like, we are special. I think recently several holes were poked, and different Classes entered our world. Remainer, Lover, Stranger, Counter, Teacher, Hammer. Weird cases of MoonCancer and Foreigner, of Voyager, Gatekeeper and Watcher. Manifestations of the same historical person despite being completely different from each other. It all becomes unclear, because different waters create a strange soup here in our world. But, haha, dear Mash. This soup is delicious, is it not? It tastes different every day! I can not wait until we see there is a new ingredient! What will it be?"

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Title: Voyager of the storm

List of characters:
    IJN Yamato,
    Drake

Summary: A short battle between two sea dogs.

"Interesting!" shouted the woman "looks like I found a fellow captain!"
    Her wild, large smile expressed pure joy. Such wild and adventurous spirit were an important part of her, after all. The opponent however didn't betray any emotion, although his face wasn't totally empty either. He was just waiting for his opponent make the first move.
    "Then let's battle like true sea dogs!" joy filled her voice.
    Not holding back one bit, she summoned her noble phantasm. Numerous ships came out of nowhere, filling the sky. At the center, the woman commanded the entire fleet.
    "My name is Temeroso El Drago. Show your ships to me, and be prepared to have them plundered!"
    Her opponent wasn't as fired up. He looked at the vast number of enemies with an empty gaze.
    And inside him, a flame was lit.
    "I'm no captain" said, lowering his gaze.
    "What?"
    Then, a thunder rumbled the sky.
    No, it was louder than a thunder. No storm in the world could make a sound like that, a deafening sound followed by a massive cloud of fire and smoke, powerfull enough to silence every other sound in the world. The type of sound that you feel echoing inside your thorax as if trying to overwhelm your very heart. Truly, a sound that would come from the depths of a hungry beast.
    One of the flying ships exploded. In one moment, the ship cracked open violently, becoming small pieces of debris.
    Around the man, three gigantic triple naval turrets - nine cannons - appeared. Menacing, in a way that only the most powerfull weapons can be, they aimed at the enemy fleet.
    "My captain is long dead" the man's voice was now filled with strength, altought it had no exitement nor hapiness... this might as well have been misheard however, as the air was immediately overwhelmed by the cacophony of war.

His finger pushed the trigger, again and again. It has no meaning now, the pistol was out of ammo, his body ran out of magical energy. Eight out of the nine gigantic cannons were destroyed, one of the turrets even disappeared as he ran out of magical energy to sustain them while a second was completely warped like a broken limb, and the last cannon of the last turret was also out of ammo. The rifle was jammed, and the gunto shattered. His body was in a similar condition: the right side of the torso, together with the right arm, disappeared all the way up to the shoulder; one of the legs was completelly broken, the other one was still good but it means nothing when the backbone is so badly twisted.
    The only part of his body that still moves is the left arm, holding up the pistol aimed at the enemy that approached slowly.
    "Damn, you should know when to give up" Drake's voice lost the joy it had at the beggining.
    Drake was badly damaged, but not as bad as him. Almost all of her fleet sank, including the beloved Golden Hind; her body suffered severe damage, but nothing fatal.
    She approached and aimed her pistol at the man's heart, while he still insistently pulled the trigger of his own weapon, only making a constant "click" sound.
    "The ship shouldn't carry such burden, that's the role of the captain. A ship without one is simply too sad".
    Only then the flame inside his body extinguished.

Creator's notes: Well I made this snippet a long time ago in the original Yamato sheet. I've been meaning to make some adjustments for a long time now, but the original thread was locked, so I figured I could rewrite it here.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Blog Entries

Starless Black AU Snippet

(Author's Note: This is an AU snippet from Starless Black, a short scene where co-lead Yakumo's runner-up Servant is summoned, instead of the Servant they do summon in the fic)

"This guy didn't die upon me being summoned, huh? Alright, give me one second..." was what she spoke upon meeting me.

I was relieved that this Servant who I guess I might've summoned was so far doing quite well against this 'Gatekeeper', her first strike on them being no less than a punch to their face. She was pretty good at moving around the platform too, even without a mount or (I think) being an agile Lancer. Sometimes she'd pull out, er, what looked like some spiral fan that could blast out wind, with which she'd boost her maneuverability while striking Gatekeeper at the same time. But even without using those winds, she was still pretty good at stepping back and forth in a dance-like pattern.

Gatekeeper's electronic voice went back and forth between declaring this Servant's, ahem, 'genre' as either "Platformer" or "RPG". When they said Platformer, they could suddenly jump as high as she could, but without the wind for a boost. Switching to RPG, they started blasting out magic, but in a silvery, almost comet-like dash, she charged right through all those blasts and hit Gatekeeper square-on.

However, it suddenly turned out that Gatekeeper and this, oh my, 'mage killer' you could say weren't the only Servants around. A cry of "Sunlight scorch my foes!" rang out from atop a nearby arch, Gatekeeper being promptly finished off by a blazing starlit kick delivered right down from above.

With Gatekeeper now dissolving into some kind of glitchy mess, I had the chance to see who these other two Servants were. The first one I saw, who'd come off like some 'mage killer' as she fought back against the spells Gatekeeper had been able to blast out, was... a girl around the same age as Sakura and me. Her hair was a dark brown and done in a shaggy bob, with her wearing a trenchcoat that was a pale blue in colour.

The other Servant's dress was practically the exact opposite, with her clad in a glittering gold dress studded with star and sun decorations. Her hair was also brown though, but a lighter and brighter shade that cascaded down to her waist. On her face was plastered a smug grin, as she then turned to the other Servant and said, "Hah, stole your kill! That's one down already by Saver! Ahem, with a v, not a b, totally different."

"Tch, whatever," the other Servant just shrugged, "This Gatekeeper's gone, isn't it? Oh yeah," she then flat-out blanked 'Saver', looked right at me, then said, "You'll be wanting my name, or 'title' now, huh? It's Archer."

I was kinda nervous to approach someone as stern-looking as her, but I then nodded and said, "I'm Amemiya Yakumo, it's... certainly something meeting you."

"Ah, hello?!" Saver then spoke up, "Did you just brush me off? Like, you know if we were back in R- my empire, I could totally have you executed for that!"

"Oh right, you," Archer said back to Saver, her head now cocked to one side, "Frankly you'll have to be more than an Empress to impress me, I've known that class of royal personally."

Saver glared at that. "More than an Empress? Why you conceited, pompous little-" she began to rant, only for Sakura Tohsaka to then step out.

"Hey look, doesn't this Grail War have a schedule for Servant fights or- or something?" Sakura said, trying to barricade Archer and Saver with her arms. "I definitely know you can't just beat each other up whenever you feel like it!"

Archer narrowed her gaze at first, but then shrugged, "Fine. I don't have much patience for games after... a certain one I was made to play, but I know better than to not make any trouble worse. Well, I try not to, anyway."

"Sheesh," Saver's gaze then turned to Sakura, "Who do think you are, acting like my Master? Wait, those are Command Seals... Oh no, y-you can't be, not some stick-thin loser like you."

Though Saver's comment wasn't addressed to her, Archer had to wince anyway. "If that girl did summon this Saver, I feel nothing but sorry for her. Although," she then confided in me, "Saver actually does remind me of someone I know, but well, not in a good way. Like if someone made some spiteful parody of her.
    Guess I'm getting distracted. You were the one who summoned me, right?"

The Servants in question
    Archer - Dorothy Gale (originally foreigner, but I felt Archer actually fit better)
    Saver - Elagabalus
    Gatekeeper - 'Videogame Boss'

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What a pleasant surprise to see this thread with new activity, and what a better surprise yet to read this snipet. Gosh, this makes me so tempted to read Starless Black u have no idea.
    I've always enjoyed that Gatekeeper idea, as whacky as it sounds, so it's already amazing to see them once more. But yes, of course, Archer was also *chefs kiss* ... It's just hard to be featured in a same text as The Boss.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh look!
    It's a bird!
    It's a plane!
    No! It's...
    ...someone indeed actually using the Throne of Snippets thread again.
    I don't expect to use this again anytime soon.
    But for now...here. Have a snippet from me. and hopefully necroing this thead is fine. i double checked the rules so i think it should be...? since making a thread just for this is unnecessary

Memory Dive:
    Baby's First Shift

It was a normal day.

His siblings, Nafi and Riri, were out with Father, thinking they managed to sneakily tail him, when really he was just letting them do their prank and follow him. Meanwhile, he was in the new garden Mother made with Father's help, letting him try out the endeavor he told them he wanted to try after he saw the humans do so during one of their many family adventures. His mother was inside the house while he was in the middle of deciding how deep holes would be and digging each one when...

"Aaaaaaaah! Moooom!"

"Vali?! What's wrong?!"

What was wrong was that his hand was now a paw and his skin now had fur.

"I-I-I think I got cursed!" he shouted, scrambling away from his garden. He tried to do the same when he realized Mother was heading his way, but she was as stubborn as his Father was chaotic, so he wasn't able to get out of her grasp once she grabbed hold of him.

And, well, he was essentially a six year old human in body, compared to the hundreds of years of his mother in the equivalent of an adult body, so there was that too.

"Mom! Stop it! It might spread!"

"It's not a curse, my son," Mother said, very, very amused.

Vali froze and then stared at her. "What? Then why am I suddenly..." He looked as his hands...or paws? And then felt his face. Yup, snout and long ears. "...a dog?"

A chuckle before she said, "A wolf, Son, a half-wolf if you want to call it that...and it seems that you have your father's shapeshifting abilities."

"Wait...that's why I changed?!"

"Well, we still need to find out what triggered them, but yes, that is most likely."

"Woah..." A thought came to him however. "Uh...but how do I change back...? Do I have to wait for Dad to teach me?"

"No, we don't have to. We can ask the husvættir about that... Husvættir? You heard me, yes?"

With his mother's command, the familiar short and scraggly form of one of their home's husvættir appeared.

"Yes, Missus Sigyn."

"Then shall we start lessons?"

"Oh, uh..." He turned to his garden, still not finished. But if he continued now, he just might shapeshift into something else and he wouldn't want to turn into a snake or something in the middle of gardening.

But of course, before he could voice a decision, his mother noticed his hesitation and said,

"We can always practice making sure you don't involuntarily shapeshift while you set up your garden, and then we can practice doing it voluntarily."

In one fell swoop, she reassured him and offered a solution. So Vali couldn't help but smile and say,

"Yes Mom! Thank you!"

His mom's eyes shined as she said, warmly, "You're very welcome, Son. Now, let's get to work."

And they did just that. It was a good thing he started off small with his garden, as it wasn't long before he planted the seeds, made sure they were comfy and watered, and started shapeshifting lessons. It turned out easier than he expected. He had transformed as an unconscious command to his magic when he wished for a more appropriate form for digging, but as it was unconscious, it didn't actually work out all the details, like his form being useful in the first place. By the time afternoon came, he could already shift between his humanoid form, his wolf form, and mix inbetween. The husvættir were quite used to animals and people, but anything else, like say Phantasmal species, he would have to learn from Father, who should be coming soon as dusk soon approached. At the reminder of his arrival however...

Mother smirked, that small one Vali knew barely anyone noticed but his father, his siblings both full-blooded and half, and himself.

"Say, Son. Do you mind if you could hide, say..." She eyed the top of the doorway. "...up there? Preferably in half-wolf form?"

Vali sighed. "Another prank?" he said, though his own small smirk belied his amusement.

Her smirk got worse. "Yes."

So Vali laid in wait. But the moment the door was open with his father saying,

"We're home!"

In tandem with his siblings saying, "Ma! We're back!"

It was turned into shouts and a grunt as he pounced on his father, who stumbled but kept himself upright. For a moment, he felt Father tensed to strike, but then his eyes met him and the worry was replaced with surprise and then joy.

"Vali?"

"That's Vali?!"

He and Mother laughed, soft but full.

"Yup. It's me," he said, holding on to his father's neck.

At least until Father twisted himself to grab him under the arms to lift him into the air and spun him around.

"Ha ha! Yes! That's my boy!"

Vali laughed again, Father's happiness infecting him.

But soon it ended as Mother neared him, and so Father moved him to hold him in one arm while his other wrapped around his mother. And while his father was still very much happy, Vali could tell what kind of happy it would lead to.

"Thank you for being in my life," his father said ever so softly, not meant for him to hear but likely forgot he was even there.

Much like his mother who shared the look in his eyes. "Thank you for letting me be in it," she said, just as quietly and unaware of her surroundings.

And just as he thought, his parents shared a very warm kiss, the kind he was sure bards liked to sing about.

Vali couldn't but smile at the sight.

Unlike some kids he knew.

"Mama and Papa are flirting!" Nafi and Riri said.

His parents were surprised but then laughed at their silliness. They did one more quicker kiss before Father put him down and said to his siblings,

"Now now, where did you hear that?"

Before it devolved into their usual banter, Vali and Mother watching with amusement as always.

Cast
    Primary:
    Sigyn
    Vali

Secondary Cast:
    Loki
    Narfi
    Nari
    Author's Notes
    For anyone's read the notes for my Sigyn & Vali sheet...I mentioned I had wanted to do a "memory"/"flashback" thing with the lore sections. Well, while I did have an outline for each of them, this was the only one I wrote. Might do the rest some day, but for now, I'm just gonna put this here because I like writing this family and can't help myself.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries

Germs and Hypothesis

July 22
    This Year
    ──────────
    Yamamoto
    Hibiki
    ──────────
    ──────────
    Shinjirou
    Kotone
    ──────────
    ──────────
    Meichi
    Kazue
    ──────────
    ──────────
    Jikan
    Ren
    ──────────
    ──────────
    Sato
    Mayu
    ──────────
    ──────────
    Fujou
    Eri
    ──────────
    Summary
    The Homurahara Culture Club kill time debating about character design tropes.

Category
    Fate\last call

“Hey, what would you do if you met aliens?”
    For no particular reason, Yamamoto looked up from her notebook to ask an entirely fantastical question.
    It wasn’t too surprising. At the height of summer, the heat could be occasionally maddening, and it was more or less within the character of Yamamoto Hibiki to be the first one to lose her marbles.

The room was silent for a moment, the other club members paying varying levels of attention to their captain’s query.

“Take them to my leader, I guess.”
    The response eventually formed from Shinjirou, looking up from her manga and frowning ponderously through her glasses.
    “I mean, that’s what they always say. ‘We come in peace, take us to your leader’…”

Yamamoto squinted suspiciously, unsatisfied. “Who?”

Shinjirou’s frown deepened. “The… Prime Minister, I suppose?”

“Not your mom?”

“Not my mom.”

“Boring.”

“Wouldn’t it be more boring if it were my mom?”

Meichi, sitting serenely on the sofa until now, tilted her head. “How?”

“What… do you mean?” asked Shinjirou.

“You said you would take them to the Prime Minister. How?”

She paused. “Well, I… would think of something. Probably.”

The hairbrush passing through Meichi’s hair hit a knot, and that was apparently enough to provoke its wielder, Jikan, to join in.
    “Knowing you, Shinko…” he considered, “you’re pretty straightforward, even though you’re anxious. So I guess you’d freeze up and stand outside the National Diet for a few hours after they refuse to let you in.”

She blanched. “N-nuh uh.”

The silence was almost pitiable.

Jikan sighed. “If you ever meet aliens, tell me and I’ll come with you, okay?”

“What does that mean?” her brow creased.

Yamamoto stretched out across the table. “Hmmm. The most trustworthy person would be… Sato-chan, right? What would you do?”

Sato took a sip of tea as she mulled it over. “I’d tell Senpai. Since he’d come with me.”
    The most trustworthy person deferred the task with a single thought.

Apparently, Meichi was having fun with this.
    “I would take them to the clinic,” she supplied.

“Clinic?” Yamamoto echoed.

“For a flu vaccine.”

“Oh, that’s true,” Jikan muttered, remembering something. “The aliens in War of the Worlds all died of normal colds… I guess it’s possible that something like that could happen too.”

This was enough to provoke Fujou. “Huh? There’s no way that’d happen. Aliens are definitely too strong to die to something like that.”

“How could you know if you’ve never met one though?” Sato pointed out.

“That’s not what aliens are like at all! If something like that could hurt them, they’d just blow up the planet, right?”

Jikan raised his eyebrows. “Fujou… What kind of alien are you imagining?”

“You know, the usual stereotypical alien,” she said. “A little pale dude with a big, bulbous head… A long tail… And he’s like, ‘this isn’t even my final form!’ and stuff.”

“Huh?” Sato blinked. “Weren’t you on the roof not long ago doing ‘ventla ventla’?”

“It was exam season.”

A shrug of understanding carried itself through the room. That did make sense.

“Naive,” Meichi replied. “An intergalactic conqueror tyrant won’t do your homework for you.”

“They might. The kind of move that’ll make aliens do your homework probably does exist in a kid’s show or something,” Yamamoto pointed out. “I guess it’s down to me to use my Super Giga Hyper Ultra Miracle Melon-Bread Fist…”

Jikan blinked. “What was that last one?”

“If a serious fight broke out between Freeza and Melonpanna,” Shinjirou said, “then Melonpanna might actually win. Freeza is only strong, but Melonpanna has extra abilities that aren’t so straightforward. She can cure black hearts, right?”

“If she could cure evil so easily, then she would be able to cure Baikinman,” replied Meichi. “You’re forgetting the fundamentals of Anpanman, Shinko. In the case of naturally malicious enemies like Baikinman, whose evil is derived from his existence as a divided spirit of the Lord of the Flies from western demonology–”

“Anpanman is not about creepy things like demons,” Sato declared firmly.

“It’s real. You can look it up,” Meichi replied.

“Senpai, what is she talking about…?”

“Why do you assume I’d know?” said Jikan. “I have no idea what any of you guys are talking about at this point…”

“The proper image of aliens, right?” Yamamoto said. “Like Anpanman.”

Sato pondered the question. “I always just think of flying saucers.”

“War of the Worlds is still in my head,” Jikan conceded, “so I’m going to have to go with those ones.”

Fujou raised a hand. “I’ve never seen War of the Worlds.”

“They’re basically like huge spiders, I guess?”

Yamamoto folded her arms. “That’s boring. We can do better.”

“Than H.G. Wells?” Jikan raised his eyebrows.
    It wasn’t that he had any particular investment in the man, or even in older writers in general, so much as he sort of doubted this girl’s capacity to come up with anything remotely reasonable. Though, on the other hand…
    “Well, I guess the aliens weren’t really the point of that book…” he conceded.

“Then it’s settled! I’m in charge of the aliens!” Yamamoto declared.

Shinjirou hummed. “What should they look like then?”

“Like… uh…” she frowned.
    The gears visibly turned in her head. The air became swampy, as though time itself were slowing under the strain of the cognitive bandwidth affording to the artistry swimming in her brain at this very moment.
    Only the clock dared to make a sound.
    And then, she looked up, resolution in her eyes.
    “Like a big spider.”

Jikan pulled a face, but said nothing.

“You put it in my head! Shut up!” she cried. “Alright, we’ll do the best of both worlds! We’ll put the flying saucer on the spider’s head! How’s that!”

“That’s stupid,” Fujou huffed.

Meichi nodded. “That’s not the best of both worlds. The design philosophies are clashing, Yama.”

“It’s really a war of the worlds,” Jikan agreed.

“Die to the flu,” Yamamoto commanded.

“It’s July.”

a/n
    Some days, you really want to go to town on a specific theme.

Some days, you even want to interweave those explorations into a much larger project.

Some days, you just kind of freewheel pointlessly.

To be honest, I forgot where I was going with this one, but if I held back on posting things just because they were pointless, I wouldn't have posted anything on this site to begin with!
    Last edited by Random; August 28th, 2023 at 01:55 PM.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    cute
    i like the alien from that one dude that did Us.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.