Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Throne of Snippets

Blog Entries

The Throne of Snippets

Let silver and steel be the essence.

Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation. Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall. Let the four cardinal gates close. Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.

Let it be declared now; your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword. Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.

Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.

An oath shall be sworn here.

I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;

I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, Protector of the Balance!

Welcome to the Throne of Snippets!

A neat little thread where us obsessive writers can have room to explore our creations without having to make threads over and over again in the fanfiction section. This thread is meant to act as a massive archive for snippets written with the Heroic Spirits created at the Create a Servant threads as well as the Monthly Contest.

Now, let's get down to business.

The rules for this thread are simple.

If you have a servant you want to write about, you have to post it first and leave a link to the profile in the other thread. Of course, if you include multiple servants you should link all of them if possible. But you don’t need to worry about linking information about canon servants if they are involved.

Same goes for original magus.

The purpose of this thread is to foster engagement with our creations without having to make long term plans. As the name implies, just a thread for snippets where we can explore the relationships our servants have and how events would turn out due to their presence.

Also, to foster cooperation between the various creators of the forum. Don’t be afraid to ask others for permission to use their Servants if you think it would make for an interesting story. Sharing ideas and working together is good civilization!

Just make sure to ask first.

For ease of archiving, however, I must ask that all snippets have the following information posted alongside them.

Title
    For ease of archiving.
    List of Characters
    With links if they are original.
    Summary
    A short few sentences for understanding.
    Category
    The part of the Fateverse it takes place in.
    Snippet Archive

Unspecified

Dancing to the Tune of a Fleeting Dream

Fate/Grand Order
    The Queen of Knights and the Queen in Red

Last edited by Wyvern; August 13th, 2021 at 11:33 AM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice, I'll repost mine and Realcas' prior snippets here later.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would fighting scenarios also be here ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Yes. So long as you list the sheets being used, have permission from the writers and place the needed information I need for the archive it, snippets with fighting on them are totally acceptable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Yes. So long as you list the sheets being used, have permission from the writers and place the needed information I need for the archive it, snippets with fighting on them are totally acceptable.
    I understand ,so examplewise would you have something against that i use your servants wyvern ? And how is it if i use canon servants ? Like i had a fight scenario of my vs canon servants ? Or if i make a fight and encounter situation between my servants ?

Just out of curiosity ?

Blog Entries
    Well, I'd say you need to be careful with using other people's servants. For example asking in advance is good. But borrowing them just to have them curbstomped to show how much better your servants are would be a tad over the line. I think that so long as the other creator agrees to what you have in mind, it should be fine. If you want to use mine, just send me a short message about what you want to use them for and I'll give you permission if I don't have any problem with it.

Versus scenarios are acceptable. Just a straight up fight between two servants without following any fateverse plotline. It should be pretty simple.

To reiterate. You can write any scenario with your own servants. You don't need to fit them in any part of the fateverse if you don't want to.
    Last edited by Wyvern; August 12th, 2021 at 06:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Well, I'd say you need to be careful with using other people's servants. For example asking in advance is good. But borrowing them just to have them curbstomped to show how much better your servants are would be a tad over the line. I think that so long as the other creator agrees to what you have in mind, it should be fine. If you want to use mine, just send me a short message about what you want to use them for and I'll give you permission if I don't have any problem with it.

Versus scenarios are acceptable. Just a straight up fight between two servants without following any fateverse plotline. It should be pretty simple.
    In that sense didn't i mean it i would when put aside acommentary of how the percentual probabilities are like in which cases are it can vary .

I am treating the servants of the others with the same respect as i would hope to get from the others in that regard i must Point that out to clarify it .

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My sheets are up for grabs for this, mainly since I doubt I’ll ever get around to doing anything with them. However, I do have a few rules I would like for anyone interested in using my sheets to follow:
    1. Only use the most current version of a given sheet.
    2. Do not use any of the Servants whose links in my database are colored red. Those failures are to be completely forgotten about (even if I sometimes wonder if I should revamp them).

But other than that, feel free to go nuts.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Y'all are welcome to use any of my Servants here. I'd be flattered to see them in a story or snippet.

Blog Entries
    Same, feel free to use mine as well.

Blog Entries
    Synopsis
    A clash of pretenders (no, not the class). A girl who took up a false identity for the sake of war, and another who felt suffocated by the false name she took to find peace. One who willingly took up her father's wish as her own, and another who had the people's wishes forced upon her. Just how will their battle unfold?

Recommended Soundtrack

Dancing to the Tune of a Fleeting Dream
    Ufufu, if this is a dream... then I don't want to wake up. Tanets Zaklyucheniya!

Her name was Lu Bu. That much she knew.

Everything else was whisked away into the laughter on the air. Her eyes were wide as she looked around-- had she ever seen such a spectacle when she’d been alive? She couldn’t fathom it. Everywhere she looked there was some other vision of splendour-- a buffet table stacked almost to the glittering ceiling, itself like a canopy of stars overhead-- music flowing freely from the fingers of master performers, a symphony of instruments she’d never even heard of, let alone knew could sound so beautiful-- and of course, her once-opponent herself. The girl was absolutely captivating in clothes so resplendent Lu Bu was struggling to believe they were even of human make. If they weren't supposed to be fighting, she'd have half a mind to... wait, why were they supposed to be fighting again?

She was distracted from THAT train of thought only by beginning to realise her own clothing had changed too, into an outfit she recalled wearing once in her past when she was presented to the son of Yuan Shu. It was probably the nicest thing she’d ever owned, but just as she was about to even consider the stress of losing her armor, someone took her by the hands and whisked her up into a grand waltz. Ordinarily this would have been an offence punishable by death, but... she couldn’t bring herself to. Her weapon seemed to be not at hand, a mortifying concept and yet it was so hard to care. Why would she ever want to spoil the atmosphere here? All she could do was laugh and twirl, never having felt so happy-- so free-- in her life, dancing with reckless abandon, feeling the presence of her father all around her...

Her father?

But that wasn’t right.

Her father wasn’t here. Not in the flesh, anyway. His flesh was dead, but the metal and power that had made the Flying General such a force to be reckoned with was alive in her. That was why she fought in the first place. That was why she was Lu Bu. And she kindled the embers of his legacy within her, burning in the furnace that her chest contained. Her father was here, with her, and she could only ever truly feel bliss like this when she knew she had done him proud. This vision of beauty... this was not what stirred the heart of Lu Bu. Lu Bu was a warrior. She was a warrior.

Her father would never stand for this, find no glory in aimless revelry. Lu Bu would not waltz. And her name was Lu Bu.

The spell over her shattered in an instant. She looked at the face of the man still twirling her and saw only a crude mannequin of an illusion, an aimless smile on a vacant mask. The regalia broke in a shower of light and left her armored once again-- and more importantly, armed. One thrust of her halberd through his chest released his grip and sent the shadow spiraling away from her, but she wasted no time. The mechanical shunting of the multi-form weapon was all the music she needed.

Neo God Force! The fusion of all creation, the purity of the soul which descends beyond the horizon of qualia. Tincture Trismegistus... primary form... CROSS!

This was her dance-- the dance of battle. Charged with her energy, her hybrid body burning with power that glowed red-hot, blue-hot, and finally blazed golden with the force of her conviction, she loosed her Noble Phantasm powered by a True Name Release in its Cross Force and let it whirl around the room in a grand arc. Around the room it spun, encircling the horrified duchess and herself in whirring death as it shredded each illusory phantom before returning to her. Hand aloft she caught it clean and triumphant, fixing her shining eyes on the only other one left standing in the room. Her gaze stood stalwart, no longer enthralled by petty fantasy.

You and I are much alike, Faker of Anastasia Romanova. We both shouldered a burden by taking on a name that wasn’t our own-- by becoming someone else for the sake of our dream. But that’s where the likeness ends. This is your dream-- an empty peace built on a lie you have to fool yourself into believing! What good is a dream you don’t even believe the real you belongs in?!

Her weapon, once pointed at the impostor duchess, lowered-- to her side, but ever-ready. “You could never fool me with a dream like that. My dream isn’t of peace-- it’s of war. It’s of war and victory grand enough to break through the heavens and touch the soul of the only one above who matters. The only peace I’ll know is when I know everybody on this earth knows the greatness of the deeds tied to the name Lu Bu Fengxian and my father can smile at me! That’s my dream, a dream I held even before I became Lu Bu!

She took one step forward, the illusion shimmering around her as its hold on reality weakened, unable to stand up to the flame of her passion. “I don’t want to fight you. Not like this. Not even my father would see any worth in striking down an empty shell. If you really want to fight me... if you have to get in my way... don’t disrespect us both by doing it for some hollow reason like a dream that isn’t even yours! If you’re going to make me cut you down, then stand on your own feet and meet my blade-- my dream-- with one that you actually have the conviction to hold onto with everything that remains of you under the mask!

L
    u Bu raised her weapon and shouted, overcharging everything she had with a torrent of sheer will-- a mental fortitude only capable of being mustered from the very core of one’s self, from the single drive engraved on everything that one is. “If your reason for fighting-- for living-- for becoming a Faker in the first place isn’t even your own, then what do you have worth dreaming for?! Prove to me-- to yourself-- that you ever wished for anything for yourself, that you have a reason to fight with no eyes on you but mine! Find something worth facing Lu Bu for or get out of my way! Now give me your answer, Grand Duchess!

Credits
    Original author: Realcasually

Featuring:

Category:
    - (unspecified)

Synopsis
    "Never meet your heroes"

A certain Queen in red agrees with this sentiment like no other. The legendary Queen of Knights was a source of much hope and inspiration during her life. Even in her darkest moments, the red Queen persevered thanks to the tales of idealism and chivalry from the olden days, and the Queen of Knights was at the center of such tales. But now...

Finding themselves on opposing sides within a Subspecies Singularity, the red Queen faced her idol in battle. Yet she did not see the proud woman she had heard of in the stories; only a broken, traumatized wreck seeking redemption. Her duty should have been simple; cut her down, and defeat the Master of Chaldea before they could make their way to her son's Throne Room. Before her son's ideals of an eternal Britannia crumbles to dust once again. However, seeing this hopelessly pathetic woman in front of her, the Queen decided to entertain another option...

Recommended Soundtrack
    here (art contains some LB6 spoilers)

The Queen of Knights and the Queen in Red
    Britannia Aeterna
    The Mad King Rules Unchained

Humanity Foundation Value: C++

Year: 1215 A.D.
    Grail Holder: John Lackland
    Demon God Pillar: Eligos

One by one, the summoned knights fell before the red Queen's sword. Lamorak. Dagonet. Galeholt. Calogrenat. Dinadan.

"Y'know, I never thought I'd get to face my childhood heroes in combat, but they're all like, sooo~ underwhelming, you hear me?" The Queen in red remarked with her usual airheaded smile, contradicting the sight of her bloodstained sword.

Her opponent, a girl clad in blue, could only look in desperation as each of her knights fell, one after the other. She had tried every conceivable strategy, yet... Wait, perhaps not every strategy just yet, but summoning him would..."Come ooon~ When are you gonna give me the big guys? Palamedes? Tristan? Gaheris? or..." The Queen smiled maliciously as she made her way to the girl's side, putting emphasis on her next word. "
    Lancelot
    him?
    "
    Angered, the girl quickly conjured a sword with her magecraft. She lashed out, only for the Queen to block her strike with ease."Right, right, I suppose that one is a touchy subject. Aaaanyway, I suppose that's enough playing around for now. I see what you're trying to do now."The Queen's smile faded as she dropped her usual attitude. "Acting as a distraction while the Master of Chaldea made his way to John's throne room... Are you so eager to meet death at my hands?"

The girl smiled, resigned to her fate. "Yes. In the end, I... I offered myself to act as bait. Back then, my own selfishness doomed Camelot, and now, the world tasked me with destroying this 'Eternal Camelot' that your son is trying to establish... Maybe this is the world's way of punishing me. I knew it. I knew that I've lost my chance at happiness, after everything I did. E-Even so! This time around, at the very least-"

"CEASE THAT PATHETIC DRIVEL OF YOURS!"The red Queen commanded, cutting her off. For a second, the girl could swear she saw something in her eyes; something beyond her usual arrogance.

"A-Ahem. right, I suppose I've lost my composure a bit there, but it needs to be said." The red Queen coughed. "By all accounts, I should quickly end you here, and make my way to the throne room to deal with the rest of those invaders. However, that thing you said just now reaaaallyy rubs me the wrong way. So screw it. For once, I'm going to make another stupid decision and take my time here to deal with you."

The Queen's sword, her false Excalibur, dematerialized. The thought of lashing out with another surprise attack briefly crossed Guinevere's mind, but she quickly shot down that idea. This Queen dematerialized her weapon not out of foolishness, but out of sheer confidence in the fact that no matter what her opponent does, she would be able to counter it with ease. And she's right; the mana cost had really started to take a toll on her body after those constant summoning spells.

"Ever since I sensed Chaldea's presence here through my Court of Love, I knew they'd be trouble. However, do you know who I'm really pissed off at right now? YOU! The legendary Guinevere, queen of Camelot, wife of the Once-And-Future-King! When I heard you'd been summoned, I was ecstatic! How could I not!? You were, and still is, one of my favorite childhood heroes! Tales of you and Artoria kept me alive, granted me hope even in my darkest days! But the girl I saw before me now..?"

Eleanor felt genuine anger in her words; something she had not felt in a long time. Yet this anger was different from the time Henry sentenced her to imprisonment. There was also a hint of sorrow. To have the legendary Guinevere reduced to an emotional wreck, constantly drowning in regrets, trapped in a dark tunnel of hopelessness with no way out... Of course, she understands why she might be like this, considering what happened in her legend, but still-! When she saw her opponent standing before her, she did not see the majestic queen of Camelot. Instead, she saw a helpless young girl, her mind clouded in doubts and regrets. One who would give it her all for the sake of things she cared about, but would happily welcome death all the same, thinking it to be some twisted form of escape, or even a well-deserved punishment. In a way, Eleanor saw a part of her younger self in her. Maybe that's why she's so irrationally pissed off at her... not that she would admit it, though.

"You know what? As much as I love them, I'm not one to talk about honor, chivalry, and the like. Yet despite all that, even I can see that there's no point in cutting you down here."Eleanor shrugged. "We all make mistakes, that much is certain. I'd be lying if I say I died with no regrets. Now with all due respect, the only thing that differentiates me from you, is that I actually decided to do something about those mistakes! When John got his hands on that Grail, I was the first to answer his call! It was a chance for me to be a proper mother to him, after all the unrealistic expectations I placed on his shoulders all those years ago! Some would call my actions misguided, if not worse, and I know doing so would put Proper Human History in jeopardy, but I don't care anymore! This is a chance to grant his happiness, which translates into mine!"

"And you? What have you done, with this second chance at life?
    " Eleanor questioned. "Will you continue to rot away, drowning in past regrets without doing anything about them? How long will you continue punish yourself, saying all those pathetic excuses on how you're beyond redemption, and all that!? You're a queen, for God's sake! So act like one! Hold your head high! BE selfish! Stop boring me with those self-deprecating remarks and fight for the things you believe in! If you truly fight for the sake of Proper Human History, if you really think doing that could 'redeem' you or whatever, or if you simply think that fighting for Proper Human History is the right thing to do... Then do it! Prove your convictions with your actions! Don't hold anything back, and strike me down here and now!"

The red queen noticed her opponent regaining her strength, preparing for another summoning ritual."Looks like you've only got enough mana for one more ritual... so be it. In fact, this is more like it!" Eleanor smiled, the fury of battle returning to her eyes as she manifested her false Excalibur once again. "Show me that you truly are the Queen of Knights! The legendary Queen who ruled over Camelot alongside the one and only Artoria Pendragon!"

The two charged their Noble Phantasms. Guinevere's summoning circle began to glow with an otherworldly aura, while Eleanor's 'Excalibur' began to radiate a glorious, golden light.

Simultaneously, the two Queens released their Noble Phantasm's True Names.

"Rêve de Britannia!"
    "Assemble Round Table!"

Credits
    Original author: BnEl15

Featuring:

Category:
    Fate/Grand Order
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 13th, 2021 at 02:48 AM.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sticking our flag in this early, I see. Much appreciated, partner.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aparently I was away for so long that the best thread in this entire forum was born and I wasn't here to see it? Damn.
    I cannot wait to see you guys abusing of my heart with your stories.

And perhaps, one day, maybe, I'll do the same? Now that's a mystery. Also, good to know I have permission of some of our amazing residents to use their children for my evil ways. Be assured y'all have my permission to mess around with mine too.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; August 20th, 2021 at 04:49 AM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Hmmm.

As a seemingly accursed, untalented bystander, I'll see how this goes.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    I honestly would like to do something here, but I find that I have neither the time nor the confidence to do so.

Blog Entries
    Synopsis
    Once upon a time, there was a tale of tragedy. One of a bloody revolution, a pair of star-crossed lovers, and one man's impossible happiness.

...This is not that tale.
    This is the tale of a father struggling to put his children to bed through a bedtime story.

Recommended Soundtrack

A Simple Bedtime Story

"And so the prince and princess lived happily ever after. The end." The man smiled as he delivered his story, and his three children clapped excitedly.

"Again, papa! Again!" The youngest demanded. "Now, now, Louis, papa is feeling tired tonight" The man rustled his son's hair playfully. "But the three of you never got tired of this story, huh? I can't even count how many times you've heard this one already!"

"Yeah, your stories are really good, papa! I like that part where the prince held the princess' hand while they ran through the forest to escape the bad guys!" The boy exclaimed, his eyes glittering with wonder.

"And I like the part where the prince sent letters to the princess, and the part where they talked about the first time they met at that ballroom! I think that was sooo romantic!" The eldest child, a girl, squealed. "I wish I can meet a prince like that one day... oh, and I wish I could be a princess, just like the one in the story! Do you think I could be a beautiful princess like that someday, papa?"

"Mon princesse, you are already beautiful as you are now. You don't need a castle and a crown to call yourself a princess!" The man laughed. "Besides, the world is rapidly changing. Who knows, dear, maybe ten or twenty years from now, you'll find a prince even more handsome than the one in the story!"

"Marie-Therese gets really excited whenever she hears about those stupid lovey-dovey stuff." The second child snickered. "I like the part where the two of them worked together to defeat Ro- Robe- Robie- the bad guy who used that scary killing machine!"

"Hey, it's not stupid! It's beautiful! Big talk from someone who can't even pronounce the bad guy's name!"
    "I-It's not like you can do it either!"
    "...Of course I can!"
    "Nuh-uh!"
    "I TOTALLY CAN! It's pronounced Ro-"

"Quiet down, children, it's almost bedtime." A woman's soft voice entered the room. The children stopped their quarrel and looked up at their silver-haired mother.

"B-But he started it! He called papa's story stupid!" The girl protested.
    "Nuh-uh! She called me stupid!"

"Now, now, fighting won't get you anywhere." The mother reprimanded. "There's nothing wrong with liking lovey-dovey stories, Joseph. Saying that it's stupid would only make your sister sad. At the same time, it's not very nice to call your brother stupid. If he hurt your feelings, you should try to resolve things peacefully first and tell him why you don't like it when he said that. Understand?"

The two stood silently for a moment, before nodding slowly.

"Good. Now say sorry and shake hands."

The two children shook hands silently.

"Great! Now, since it's almost bedtime why don't I tell you that story again? Maman will be listening as well this time." The father smiled.

"Dear, have you been telling them that story again?" The woman playfully elbowed her husband.

"What can I say, mon amour? The children love it! I offered to tell them other stories from time to time, but this one is their favorite!"

"Sheesh, they really take after you, huh? Their obsession with romance and adventures..."

"Is it really that surprising?" His voice lowered into a whisper. "Technically speaking, I may not be their biological father, but after... everything that transpired, well... I try my best to be a father to them nonetheless!"

"This is why I love you dear."
    "Me too, mon amour."

The two leaned for a kiss.

"EWW, GROSS!" Marie-Therese exclaimed, covering her youngest brother's eyes.
    "I-I don't want to see papa and maman doing stupid lovey-dovey stuff here!" Louis-Joseph agreed.
    "Is the story starting yet?" Louis-Charles asked cluelessly, his sister's hands still covering his eyes.

"O-Oh, right, sorry about that!" The father awkwardly pulled back.
    "Sorry, children, I just had to borrow your papa for a while! N-Now, why don't you start the story, dear?"

"R-Right! Ahem, let's begin, shall we?" The three children pulled up their blankets excitedly in anticipation. "This is a story from a very long time ago, from way before you were born. This happened in a certain kingdom..."

---

"They're asleep already." The woman whispered. The man stood beside her, his face wearing a satisfied expression.
    The couple looked at the faces of their children, sleeping peacefully. Quietly, they left the children's room and gently closed the door behind them.

"It's quite a life we've built here, don't you think?" The man sighed. "A beautiful cottage in the countryside, three adorable children, free from the shackles of royalty..."

"Oh? What brought this topic along?" The woman questioned.

"No, it's nothing, Marie. I'm just- I'm just so grateful for everything we've accomplished here. The fact that I could wake up next to you every day, enjoy your cooking, and hear the children's laughter and petty quarrels... It's far more than what I deserve. I just wish that they- that those people..." The atmosphere turned heavy, and the man couldn't help but notice himself getting a little teary-eyed. "They... they didn't have to die. Yet they did, and sometimes, I could still see them in my nightmares, still demanding my head, or worse, yours. I just-!"

"The Revolution wasn't your fault, Fersen." The woman, Marie, cut him off, enveloping him in an embrace. "They died doing what they thought was right, the same way you only did what you think was right back then.

"Did I? I won't deny that people like Robespierre, Danton, and Saint-Just deserved what was coming to them, but thousands of the people who died were peasants! They're not so different from you and me now! They just wanted some coins, or some food to get through the day... They... surely they must despise me! For robbing a simple, happy life that should have been rightfully theirs! The entire country hates me, and their feelings are rightfully justified."

"Shh, it's all right now." Marie's embrace tightened. "Even if an entire country stands against you, you know I'll always be here, the same way you were there for me back then."

"Ah... Ah, that's right. You're right, mon amour. Of course you are. No matter what happens, I'll always have a home to come back to. A loving wife and three adorable children... Perhaps I would face my reckoning before the fires of hell one day, but for now... I would like to indulge myself in this simple happiness for just a little while longer."

---

This is but a portrait of a dream.
    A loving wife, three adorable children, a mundane happiness in the countryside...
    A tragic prince's impossible happiness, untouched by the cold hands of the guillotine.

Even so, you can still imagine it.
    A father's bedtime story, accompanied by a mother's smile, and the children's excited laughter.

Credits

Featuring:

Category:
    Fate/Grand Order

Creator's Notes
    You thought it was a wholesome domestic fluff, but it was actually angst all along!
    • As the last few lines may have hinted, this is partially inspired by FGO's post-Lostbelt CEs (FGO spoilers).
    • The basic premise is "what if Fersen managed to rescue Marie from the guillotine?". I did have some vague ideas for an alternate France Singularity/LB with this premise, but I don't have enough inspiration to write a full-fledged Singularity/LB, so I guess this will have to do.
    • With FGO's Marie in mind. She probably sounded pretty OOC here. Hopefully not too OOC.
    • In here, I imagine there are two possible points of divergence.
      • The first is Fersen's escape plan, the Flight to Varenness, actually succeeding. But this wouldn't explain Louis XVI not being in the picture, since this escape plan involved the entire royal family (which Louis unwittingly leaked to the public, leading to everyone's arrest).
      • The second, the Flight to Varenness still failed, and Louis still got guillotined, but Fersen's ambitious plan to convince the entirety of Europe to declare war on France before the Revolution blew up succeeded, and he managed to return to Paris and save Marie and her children just in time. I like this divergence point better, since it also explains Fersen's guilty feelings as well.

• I came across a significant error just when I was finished writing this. Apparently Marie's second son, Louis-Joseph, died at 1789, a few years before the Revolution. Whoops. I could make an entirely different divergence point to justify this error, or edit a decently large portion of the dialogue, but that'd be a lot of work.
    • I could make a series out of this. A chance to twist the knife further and showcase my angstier Servants in something else besides their initial sheet. Of course, I'll try to make more light-hearted ones every now and then, but for now... look forward to more angst

Last edited by BnEl15; September 8th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    I honestly would like to do something here, but I find that I have neither the time nor the confidence to do so.
    I feel you! I'm perpetually going between "I can't write a short story with someone else's OCs Imma destroy them" and "Also my OCs are not even that interesting for a story about them".

BUT THEN COMES EL AND SHOWS US WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FEELS LIKE.
    I LOVE THIS SNIPPET SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR THIS PAIN.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Synopsis
    A King of England and a Chinese Emperor went to get ice cream together as part of an "excursion". Fluff and hilarity ensues.
    The Mad King's Babysitting Diaries
    --- (Soundtrack here)

Throughout his life, John held many titles. For one, he was King of England, regardless of how his rule turned out. Many considered him a tyrant, or a corrupt despot, yet he tried his best to zone out their words, no matter how hurt they made him feel deep down. Everything he did, he did it for the sake of England. To make his mother proud, and to take proper responsibility for the kingdom, unlike his deadbeat brother who chose to abandon his people to fight in a far-off war in the holy land despite the turbulent period that England was in at the time. To that end, he would pay no mind to the people's perception of him. The ignorant common folk should only sit down, shut up, and listen to his commands. Through this, he would lead England to glory and prosperity, no matter what it takes. King John held many titles. A King. A tyrant. A monster.

Yet among those titles...
    A babysitter certainly wasn't one of them.

"To think I'd have to spend my day babysitting some spoiled brat... How far the nobility had fallen..." The King lamented his position.
    "Hey, don't call it babysitting! A-And treat me with some respect! Ahem, as you know, you're talking to-"
    "Yes, yes, Qin Er Shi, the Second Emperor of China's Qin Dynasty, the one and only Son of Heaven, Bearer of the Heavenly Mandate. You've told me that a few dozen times already."
    "Hmph, if you remember that much, you should know that this is nothing like 'babysitting'! This is... an excursion, yes!"
    "Oi, I'm a King too, you know. And my kingdom's actually still around, unlike yours."
    "B-But, um, my kingdom's actually been around since..." The young Emperor held out his fingers, counting the years. "thirteen-hundred-eleventy-seven years before your time, so that makes me the older King!"
    "..."
    "So you should, uh..." The boy fumbled around his notebook, looking for the right phrase "Offer your respects to the Qin!"
    "...Screw this, I'm leaving."

The boy seemingly deflated, seeing his "commanding remark" fail to sway the older man's heart.
    "Aww, that's too bad... When my teacher said he'd be away on business, he said Chaldea has lots of cool kings and queens I could learn from, and he said you're one of them. Well, if you don't want too, I guess I'll just look for someone else..."

John stopped in his tracks.
    "Hold up. You want me... to teach you?"
    "Yeah, but if you're busy, I can-"
    "No, no, by all means! Why didn't you say so from the start!?" The King suddenly lightened up, "Hmph, it's not every day one actually acknowledges the value of my kingship! Very well, as you said, this is no babysitting duty; this is an excursion, and by the end of today, you'll be sure to pick up some skills to lead your kingdom as a fine ruler! Now then, where are we going today?"
    "Our first stop today... is the cafeteria! I heard Shimmyzoo Desserts is opening an ice cream stall today!"

---

And so the two made their way to the cafeteria, only to hear two voices loudly bickering inside the ice cream stall.

"For the last time, Mary, wear your gloves when you prepare the ingredients! Do you want a repeat of last time!?"
    "WHY SHOULD I!? For the last time, I'm perfectly healthy, I'm telling you! You're overreacting with these hygiene protocols!"
    "Dammit, it's not an overreaction when half of Chaldea got sick and we had to suspend operations for an entire month the last time you took off your gloves during kitchen duty!"
    "I had nothing to do with that!"
    "That was literally your Noble Phantasm at work!"

"Watch and learn, boy. The first rule of kingship is to assert your presence." John commanded confidently. "Cut through pointless commoner squabbles such as this one and make it clear to them what exactly it is you want. Tell them that refusal is not an option. Like this..."

"Ahem. I, King John of England, command you to-"
    The owner turned around, revealing his large, grizzled stature.
    Then he smiled. A stuff of nightmares.
    "Hoho, welcome to Shimizu Desserts. Sorry ya had to see that argument. What can I do for ya today?" The man cracked his knuckles.

"On second thought, you should give this a try first. I'd like to... assess your basic assertiveness, yes."
    "Eh!?"
    "Fear not, I'll be observing and giving you some pointers from here. Well... a few steps away from here, at least."

---

"Um, excuse me..."
    "Stand up straight! Fix your posture, walk in there like you own the place!" John whispered.
    "No, we're not hypochondriacs! Our fears are reasonable enough! Why the hell did you think you were summoned as an Assassin!?"
    "Hmph, how on earth should I know!? Not my fault people always seemed to get sick whenever I cook! Correlation doesn't imply causation!"
    "Um..."
    "In your case it sure as hell does! You're literally known for causing a mass typhoid outbreak, it's in your name, for God's sake!"
    "T-Those are false accusations! I am most assuredly the perfect image of health!"

"Psst! Make your presence known!"
    "How, though!? Those two seemed... pretty wrapped up in their argument."
    "I dunno! You're an Emperor, I'm sure you'll be able to figure something out!"
    "Aren't you a King too!?"
    "Er, that's an entirely different matter here!"
    "Ugh, fine..."

---

"EXCUSE ME!" The young boy yelled as he weakly slapped the counter table.
    The argument instantly ceased. The owner turned around, revealing his robust figure, and seeing it, Huhai just can't help but shrink into himself.
    "Hi there, kiddo. Welcome to the one and only Shimizu Desserts. What can I do for ya!?"

Fear paralyzed his mind, and for a time, the boy only wanted to run away. Yet he held on. This is necessary for his training, after all.
    "Ah, um, I'd like the strawberry sundae special, kids size, and..." He turned to look at John, still hiding behind the corner.
    "Vanilla for me!" The King whispered. "Oh, with extra chocolate on top!"
    "One vanilla special with extra chocolate!"

The owner stared at him, and Huhai began to wonder if this was a mistake.
    Then...
    "Oi, didja hear that, Mary! We finally got a customer today! And here I thought no one else would want ice cream after summer!"
    "I told you, you really should work on your smile more, boss. I'm sure more people would come if your smile didn't scare them off..."
    "Heh, big talk from the living bioweapon... Anyway, prepare the ingredients, on the double! And put your gloves on while you're at it, dammit!"

---

"So, um... How did I do?" Huhai asked, as the two sat down to enjoy their desserts.
    "Hmph, you pass, for now." John acknowledged. "Your techniques could... use some work, but I suppose you have talent in there somewhere."

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking..." The King wiped off a splotch of chocolate cream from hid lips. "Why exactly did your teacher want me to look after you again? I understand you wanting to learn about kingship and the like, but I'm far from the only candidate here. Not to mention, isn't your father here? Why don't you spend time with him?"

"Ah, my father..." The boy sighed. "Well, he is my father, but at the same time, he's not. He's from what you call a Lostbelt. I'm sure Master already told you about those when you were summoned. He's cool, but my real father is even cooler than him!"
    "Ah, so your real father is..."
    "Yeah, he's not here yet. Master and Ms. Da Vinci has been looking for the right catalyst to summon him in their spare time, but they haven't had much luck with that..." The boy looked downcast. "Ah, but that's all right, though! If anything, that's all the more reason I have to work hard to become a good Emperor before he gets here! I want to greet him properly, and I want him to praise me for my efforts when he gets here!"

John stayed silent hearing the boy's words. In a way, the young Emperor reminded him of himself.
    "Heh, maybe we're not so different after all, boy." The King patted his shoulder. Huhai only stared cluelessly at him in response.
    "It's funny, honestly... or is it sad? My mother is here, and I still crave her praises. It's the feeling that you're not good enough. When you see your parents as brilliant shining stars that constantly remain beyond your reach, no matter how hard you try to reach out to them. That feeling is familiar."

"Well, if anything, I admire your optimism." John stood up, having finished his ice cream. He noticed a tiny red dragon approaching from the distance. "Oh, and it looks like your teacher is back, just in time. I should get going now."

"Big bro, wait!" The young boy exclaimed. "Um, by any chance, could you teach me some more things next time around? I feel like there's still more you can teach me."
    "Eh? Really? Of all the people in Chaldea, you'd like me to teach you? Are you sure about this?"
    The boy nodded.
    "Ah, um... I didn't expect this, of all things... but no matter! If that is your resolve, then you best prepare yourself. The path to become a proper King is a long one, and we've barely scratched the surface." John smiled.
    "Challenge accepted!" Huhai waved, as the two rulers went on their separate ways.

Unbeknownst to John, This babysitting incident "kingly excursion" would only be the first of many, and soon enough, he would be wondering if he truly did make the right call... but that is a story for another time.

Credits

Featuring:

Category:
    Fate/Grand Order

Creator's Note
    Another attempt at procrastinating from my long-term projects.
    • No angst this time around, just some wholesome fluff and a bit of character development for both John and Huhai.
    • Overall, this snippet did allude to some similarities between them, namely "failures" who desire approval from their considerably more talented and well-known parents. That said, there's still no resolution for this inner conflict just yet.
    • I originally planned for more characters to make an appearance here, since I've written a bunch of other Servants with potentially interesting interactions with our two main leads. Initially, the ice cream stall was just planned to be the first stop out of three or four areas, with John trying to teach Huhai more on his method of kingship, with... varying degrees of success. Then again, that would probably make this snippet way longer than it needs to be at the moment, so I decided to cut it here and leave room for a sequel in the future.
    • A yakuza and a living bioweapon running an ice cream stall together, what's the worst that could happen? Real talk, though, I'm liking their dynamics as owner and part-time-worker of Shimizu Desserts. Even more so when they start bickering like an old married couple over their differences (albeit less romantic in nature).

Last edited by BnEl15; September 28th, 2021 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Fixed coloring

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finally i took my time and reread the older ones and your newer ones, because there was always something happening when you released stuff
    first of, sometimes you make mistakes with coloring. Lu bu still is missing color in one part and this one too at the start, including coloring something usually uncolored

Else, man this was wholesome and funny. The scene is so cool and fitting the dumb situations Chaldea allows. Shimizu and Typhoid Mary? Great duo and good to know you made her! She is/was on my list as an underling for a Foreigner story I once had plans for. I will now read her and be glad you did her instead of me.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hm.

*looks up a few dozen sheets*
    Noob here. Sorry about that.