Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 484

Thread: A Fond Farewell to TYPE-Moon

  1. #81
    Controversial take, a lot of the anger is against a presented image of nasu that never existed in the first place, as I said earlier a lot of the issues already existed, its just more of it now.

    I bet you could find a old interview where nasu dodged questions like now, Medusa would fit right in with modern TM servant design, so would gilgamesh

    tsukihime/FSN were lightning in a bottle I think

  2. #82
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,767
    I mean you're not 100% wrong, but it is undeniable that he has also changed as a writer over time, and the various pressures and influences that inform his writing have steadily changed, FGO success chief among them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Grand Order has become the elephant in the room. For better or worse, it's pretty much impossible to talk about Type Moon now without it going into GO in some way or the other.
    That is the opposite of what an elephant in the room Is.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  4. #84
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    All rivers of Type Moon go into the Grand Order sea nowadays, except for those rivers that dry up because of inaction and as such run dry of new things to comment (Strange Fake, Tsukihime until right now).

    Grand Order has become the elephant in the room. For better or worse, it's pretty much impossible to talk about Type Moon now without it going into GO in some way or the other.
    Maybe, maybe not, but the salient point remains that it would be a tad unfair to ban Dullahan from all Type-Moon discussion because it frequently devolves into FGO discussion.
    shit BL says

    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

    You are not getting government-handout waifus.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I mean you're not 100% wrong, but it is undeniable that he has also changed as a writer over time, and the various pressures and influences that inform his writing have steadily changed, FGO success chief among them.
    That is very much true, I would argue that his changes show some of his shallowness in the first place, one big link in his change of worldview can directly be attributed to success after all

  6. #86
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,767
    I don't think Nasu's worldview has changed that appreciably. If there's one thing that's remained constant, it is his worldview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    This state and this society produce gacha, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Gacha is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point díhonneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against gacha is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is gacha.

    Gacha suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Gacha is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

    The abolition of gacha as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of gacha is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which gacha is the halo.
    Shut the fuck up you stupid fucking faggot. Go get laid.

  8. #88


    Well now...

  9. #89
    nicht mitmachen Dullahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIAAARGGH
    Posts
    4,988
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad
    じん


  10. #90
    Prententious killjoys with comically academic "critiques" are just as annoying as braindead gachoomers. This is the only valid horseshoe.

  11. #91
    nicht mitmachen Dullahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIAAARGGH
    Posts
    4,988
    Blog Entries
    1
    so true!
    じん


  12. #92
    おれにとって、アルクだぜ Crown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,917
    Blog Entries
    18
    best thread on BL

  13. #93
    BORN TO REJOICE Walnut Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    WORLD IS A CHURCH
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Better than that "cuckoldry" paroxysm?
    Kill Em All 2004
    I am executor man
    410,757,864,530 DEAD APOSTLES

  14. #94
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,474
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bretunst View Post
    Shut the fuck up you stupid fucking faggot. Go get laid.
    Sometimes soneone's post sucks but registering and making your first post just to go in on him is bad strats. Public warning, two day temp. I'll be looking forward to seeing if you want to become a member of the community or if this was just a one-off driveby and you never log in again!


  15. #95
    夜魔 Nightmare Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    222
    JP Friend Code
    038371142
    I miss Daybit.

  16. #96
    祖 Ancestor TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I find it funny the rag on Dullahan this time when he more or less was just saying that you shouldn't just shallowly hate on something (FGO) but think long and hard about why you think it's bad and you don't like it, and it wasn't really until he posted that we got actual posts doing just that, whereas the pages before were more or less just "FGO bad LOL", as per usual.

    Either way, why does this topic always have to be so melodramatic? After years and years in a franchise you've grown tired of it because you don't like the direction of it. Fine, that's great for you that you're able to realize that and not be stuck in some prison of sunk cost fallacy. But "saying goodbye" and people always making like formal "I'm leaving the community" posts as if it's some official club, or as if Nasu is watching, now intent on changing his ways, is just so melodramatic for no benefit. Can't people just walk away from things they don't like anymore (I know the answer, yes, it's a rhetorical question)?

    This

  17. #97
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Sometimes soneone's post sucks but registering and making your first post just to go in on him is bad strats. Public warning, two day temp. I'll be looking forward to seeing if you want to become a member of the community or if this was just a one-off driveby and you never log in again!
    Will you really though
    shit BL says

    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

    You are not getting government-handout waifus.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I don't think Nasu's worldview has changed that appreciably. If there's one thing that's remained constant, it is his worldview.
    To some extent I would argue at least the angle has changed, there is many ways to do even a single worldview, I got the vibe earlier nasu was more pessimistic and more on the individual and how evne then many dont make a difference, vs now

    Mind you I dont think the former or latter is bad inherently, I just think nasu doesnt do either well and I would argue there is a friction caused by worldbuilding parts inspired by the differing angles

  19. #99
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,400
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Sometimes soneone's post sucks but registering and making your first post just to go in on him is bad strats. Public warning, two day temp. I'll be looking forward to seeing if you want to become a member of the community or if this was just a one-off driveby and you never log in again!
    Real funny see you at
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  20. #100
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,474
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Will you really though
    No.

    On the FGO topic, its ultimate fault was from the time I began playing (aka launch) to the time I quit (the event which added Kama) was not that the stakes were TOO HIGH or that the plot was TOO CONVOLUTED or TOO CRAZY and NOT GROUNDED and WOW IT'S JUST LIKE THE MCU but the fundamental issue of a self-insert main character. A silent protagonist whose dialogue choices have no meaningful impact on the story. Playername always hops onto the morally correct decision, playername inexplicably earns the trust of powerful characters, playername earns the affection of their Servants, playername the hero, this outcome was not possible without the individual, heroic actions of YOU, playername.

    You can have a grand world-saving timeline-hopping galaxy-spanning multiverse-jumping story that is full of meaningful storytelling and interesting characters, but it is very hard to sell anything as such when everything is coated with the paint of a self-insert wish fulfillment fantasy.

    On top of that, the game is genuinely shit. I don't care if you say "well after LB3 they made this and this gameplay update and now it's tolerable" or "they're doing the best with what they have," it's pretty much irredeemably bad. Lackluster spritework, a crude and over simplified (+ highly random) card-based combat system, massive imbalances due to the need to give whales incentive to whale, and difficulty which can never find out how to tread the difficulty line between interesting and tedious.

    Also gacha bad. Whoever it was that said "players should not be blamed or bullied for the gacha being what it is," if you have supported the game monetarily, you are to blame. The system continues to go on because people give it money and make it profitable. If people stopped spending, they would change it to make it less predatory and evil, but impulsive coomers with no self-control or legitimate gambling addictions will continue to spend, and the wheel of fate will keep turning. Even without directly supporting via purchasing packs, you inadvertently will help the game just by playing it and chatting a ton with friends in public spaces which is essentially free word of mouth advertisement for the game. It might seem miniscule but I know many people who picked up FGO because of people sharing fanart of the cute girl from the banner of the month or just by seeing friends post their really good rolls full of cute girls.

    Also I don't think HF's movies were soulless.

    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •