Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fond Farewell to TYPE-Moon

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Nope. This is something distinct from Zel's role as Observer Observer in-continuity and has everything to do with both FGO's Event model and the various realities its canonical Events crossover with.
    You're taking events entirely too seriously.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Edit: You know what, fuck it. This isn't worth the effort or the time.
    Last edited by OverMaster; August 18th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.

Oh god we go again with this idiotic bullshit.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Please, please, PLEASE go back to sound arguments such "the medium is not good", "gacha is a predatory model" and other stuff that actually makes sense, not this autitisc crap nobody with a minima good sense should care about.

As someone who has autistic loved ones, I feel somewhat entitled to tell you go to go stuff yourself.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Somewhere, a puppy dies every time people repeat dumb stuff they got from crappy summaries about Clytie.

Please think of the puppies, guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    Somewhere, a puppy dies every time people repeat dumb stuff they got from crappy summaries about Clytie.

Please think of the puppies, guys.
    Remember folks, spay and neuter your pets.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    As someone who has autistic loved ones, I feel somewhat entitled to tell you go to go stuff yourself.
    Yeah, Sorry, I got too carried away this time. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Yeah, Sorry, I got too carried away this time. I apologize.
    Okay. Apology accepted. Never mind then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    You're taking events entirely too seriously.
    You know what, this is in some way part of the problem to me. Not precisely what you said, but rather, that when the whole thing started out, it all had a rather serious tone to it. The comedy routines were mostly kept to slice of life content in the works, used to lighten the mood of otherwise rather serious stories. However, as the years have gone on, TM products in general feel like they've slipped from that. The serious plotlines are there, sure, but it all seems even more absurd and ridiculous, to the point that even though there's plenty of drama to be had in them, the whole thing now feels kind of like a massive joke. As if the demarcation between what should have been comedy and what was supposed to be dramatic has faded.

It makes it harder for me to take the new things seriously or become invested in the newer works. Like, FGO's plot just... doesn't grab me at all. To the point that I can't even be bothered to finish part one. Had the damn thing for years and the story just isn't enough to get me to play through the mediocrity of the game itself. Like, it doesn't feel worth the time and effort. EXTRA was similar.

It's like having a book series that you really like, but as the author kept working on it, he slowly changed the genre and tone into something you don't enjoy anymore.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    FWIW I can understand why OP is burnt out with the franchise, as I was the same. The one year break I took from this forum was part of my time trying to distance myself and take a break from all TM-related stuffs (especially the fandom). I only talk with a small group of friends who are TM fans via PMs on discord and the likes, but I reduced my activities in the fandom to very minimum, including on reddit. I also played FGO a lot less, and skipped several events and reruns. Sometimes it's good to take a break.

Even now that I returned (mostly due to my city is on full lockdown cuz Delta variant of Covid spreading stupidly fast and all business closed down, moving to online workspace), I no longer as passionate about TM stuffs like I did years ago, and part of it is due to FGO. It has problems with its function as a game, it has problems with its storytelling as an overarching story, and debates for that an go on forever. But the biggest thing that caused me to no longer feel as passionate about TM contents is the amount of toxicity and hatred that has been multiplied with the increase in the conflict between FGO newcomers and other parts of the fandom.

I hope OP finds peace, and if possible will return in a better mindset after a break.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Just personal story of mine.

As someone whose first exposure to TM was with Extra, and enamored to it ever since then, being dedicated to following a franchise that you like for years, particularly to a spin-off, knowing that it wasn't the main priority was really exhausting. So I took a more casual approach and just peek on some news whenever I want as to not let it distract me from IRL too much. With official english CCC never see the light of the day due to Imageepoch's issue, I had no choice but to put up from secondhand informations. Then FGO came along, which served to scratch the itch for lack of news and games. It helped that I can (luckily) get and play as Servants I had once controlled back in Extra, plus Gilgamesh due to unable to play CCC. Then through it, developments for spiritual successor and remake become possible, I couldn't be happier. Personally, FGO became a guilty pleasure of mine, since the game and story discussions worked to distract me from anticipating Extella finale and Extra Record too much, as I understand they're busy with Tsukihime production this year.

Once Extraverse is over, at least for its Velber arc, there will be a time when I leave this franchise, but it's also likely that I will get back to it when I'm in the mood again. To each their own.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The meta-narrative itself is toxic to further projects within the setting proper due to its timeline-hopping nature, having displayed through its various Events that it touches (or is) the Prime Branch, versions of EXTRA's timeline, KnK, Prototype in some capacity, and the Servant Universe, and will undoubtedly touch the Tsukihime-side timelines despite those supposedly being incapable of producing Servants. Specifically, the role Ritsuka and Chaldea's Servants play in the setting is one of an absolute fixer that resolves any sufficiently terrible event. This undermines any story that would include a potential "threat to humanity." Which will now, due to FGO's existence, include every entry into the setting henceforth for the sake of tie-in Events. This in turn means that the actions of the characters in those works are inherently less significant, as should they fail, Guda will just show up and fix everything anyway, almost certainly saving the major characters and adding some bastardized version of them to the Servant roster. The existence of Chaldea undermines the actual risk involved in the setting while also making small-scale, personal stories where humanity-threatening events don't happen highly unlikely to be made in the future. For financial reasons.
    You know, that setup has big potential for an End of Eternity-like finale. I hope Nasu goes there when it's time to wrap up FGO for good.

(I recommend those who don't get the reference read EoE; it's a relatively short story and a bonafide Asimov classic on the level of Foundation and such)
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 19th, 2021 at 01:54 AM.
    don't quote me on this

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Yeah, no. See, the thing with the Nasuverse is you could previously just make whatever timeline parameters you wanted (even if it was something that'd normally get Pruned) and it would still make sense and could be lore-friendly. You don't need crossovers in the Nasuverse because you can just screw with the timeline you're working with so that it's not actually a crossover at all.

FGO's design effectively makes it a sort of contagion that hops from one distinct timeline to another and links them all, thus creating the sort of stake-undermining failsafe I mentioned. Which, to me, diminishes the significance of future, and past, characters in their own plots from the perspective of the reader.
    This isn't true. The FGO time line is it's own thing. As far as i'm aware, all the singularities, take place in the FGO timeline where some version of F/Z, KnK and Fate took place. The only alteranate timelines in FGO are the lostbelts and Shimosa.

Othertime lines, like FSN, KnK and tsukimhime are not affected and I doubt we will be Guda magically appear in them as a failsafe.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Can the lostbelts even really called new timelines? Considering the truth about them all?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    LB6 is literally the only one thus far that's graduated to a distinct, "real" history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, do we know exactly what the hell happened in Fuyuki in 2004 in the FGO timeline?

Because if we don't, it seems the story is bound to go back there at some point.
    don't quote me on this

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desann View Post
    Many of the old fans started from Deen FSN or anime-that-doesn't-exist, I wouldn't call it very good starting material either.
    I would
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.