Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 914171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fond Farewell to TYPE-Moon

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Sigh. I want FGO to end on a good note, but attitude like that makes me wish for it to continue well beyond 20 years and completely ruin any chances of Tsuki 2 and Mahoyo 2.
    I think both sides need to seriously reevaluate what they're really mad about and why. This petty vindictiveness does none of us good. Still, I also want FGO to end on a decent note and stop fleecing players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I for one am almost enjoying my anger. I've lost track of FGO. How is FGO divided? How many parts are there nowadays? I only played the first part and I vaguely recall Nasu saying FGO would end in part 2 (or did I dream it?). Are the Lostbelts considered part 2 or was there something in between?

We're on Part 2, which is the LBs, and Nasu has signalled in the past that it would be the end. Epic of Remnant was effectively Part 1.5.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Sigh. I want FGO to end on a good note, but attitude like that makes me wish for it to continue well beyond 20 years and completely ruin any chances of Tsuki 2 and Mahoyo 2.
    M.A.D. has no winners.

- - - Updated - - -

Though you know, I'm not opposed to sitting back in a couple of years and toasting the death of Type-Moon with a nice bottle of Chianti. It's been a good run.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    V/V having parasitic mimicry abilities was cool but it gets lame if you anthropomorphy all of them. They are supposed to be alien horrors far away from biological earthly creatures.
    Yea but cute girls are easier to market.
    burn your dread you coward

Truth, especially to people like us.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    V/V having parasitic mimicry abilities was cool but it gets lame if you anthropomorphy all of them. They are supposed to be alien horrors far away from biological earthly creatures.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    FGO's probably going to end soon with the Tsuki remake's seeming success
    How is this a logical assumption? If it's only about them making enough of a profit, do you really think tsukiR sold for anywhere close to the money FGO makes during its peak banners? Like yeah, FGO is going to end, and there are multiple good reasons for this (namely that Nasu has said he's stepping down after part 2, and it having a "proper end", so that even if they keep the game up after the fact you could probably consider it "over" by that point either way, since what most people seem to be malding about is it "taking up Nasu's time"), but FGO shutting down because of Tsuki's success​ is just such a weird line of thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Experiencing the
    waifus
    story
    without one's pockets being periodically scavenged for change must be a liberating experience.

They really should make FSN available again ASAP to cash on the newly enlightnened VN readers
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    So smart watch edition then. Nice.

so according to some screenshot of a page from TsukiRe staff book, Nasu had already finished writting Ciel's scenario by 2014 and 'sealed' it away.

of course, FGO stalled production ever since and it wasn't until late 2020 that Nasu 'fixed/retouched' some parts of the scenario during his 'break'

imagine still defending FGO

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    You don't understand, TM was destitute before FGO descended from the heavens with trumpets and waifus, they didn't have a single successful recent property to their name, they definitely didn't and couldn't have released a visually phenomenal visual novel without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    Blessed be thy who has found salvation.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    ITT: people get mad at others for enjoying a thing and want that thing to end forever so those people can be as mad as them.

In other words, Internet as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    How is this a logical assumption? If it's only about them making enough of a profit, do you really think tsukiR sold for anywhere close to the money FGO makes during its peak banners? Like yeah, FGO is going to end, and there are multiple good reasons for this (namely that Nasu has said he's stepping down after part 2, and it having a "proper end", so that even if they keep the game up after the fact you could probably consider it "over" by that point either way, since what most people seem to be malding about is it "taking up Nasu's time"), but FGO shutting down because of Tsuki's success​ is just such a weird line of thought.
    By that, I thought that t
    Tsuki:RE's success/future marketability would provide the final excuse needed to end FGO because while I do mostly believe Nasu's statements, I think that they'll find some excuse to keep it going if Tsuki:RE was a flop and not expandable as a result.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    ITT: people get mad at others for enjoying a thing and want that thing to end forever so those people can be as mad as them.

In other words, Internet as usual.
    I don't know if "enjoying" is a good term for a gambling app that takes horrific amounts of money to (maybe) give you jpegs of animu girls.

I can unironically enjoy FGO's story and characters, but if you could honestly tell me there aren't a lot of things about that game wouldn't objectively improve the world if they were axed right out of existence, you'd honestly deserve a stay in the mad house.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    By that, I thought that t
    Tsuki:RE's success/future marketability would provide the final excuse needed to end FGO because while I do mostly believe Nasu's statements, I think that they'll find some excuse to keep it going if Tsuki:RE was a flop and not expandable as a result.
    Why would they want an excuse to end the easily most profitable thing to ever grace the company? At most Nasu steps out and lets other ppl take care of the story in FGO while he works on non-Fate stuff, but it's just nonsense to end FGO itself until the law catches up to it, if it ever happens.

FGO ain't ending. Servants forever. Enjoy your ride.

Fair point. I still think the game looses its purpose after Part 2 is over, though. I am cheering for the law to finally get these games, even if I really doubt they will be down for long.