Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fond Farewell to TYPE-Moon

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    kino: KnK Epilogue, Paradox Spiral, Murder Investigation 1 or w/e the accepted translation is
    cinema: Remaining Sense of Pain, Overlooking View, Murder Investigation 2, Mirai Fukuin, HF1&HF2
    film: Hollow Shrine, Oblivion Recorder, ufotable's UBW, HF3
    flick: Deen's UBW

did I miss a movie?
    Last edited by Crown; August 16th, 2021 at 12:06 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I mean, strictly speaking, OG Tsukihime had a ton of flaws, and an objectively better product could probably be made now. Not that the original wasn't good, or even great (I can't speak to that whatsoever), but it was limited by TM's budget, and they have grown since then.
    You should read it, it's uh, pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    Meh, people are always shitting on FGO fans around here anyway...
    They have not learned the old teachings, they do not respect the old ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You should read it, it's uh, pretty good.
    No one said it's not good, but the reality is that it simply does not look very good.

They have not learned the old teachings, they do not respect the old ways.
    Maybe they might if folks stopped shitting on them because they like a gacha game?...

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    No one said it's not good, but the reality is that it simply does not look very good.

Maybe they might if folks stopped shitting on them because they like a gacha game?...
    That's what I was getting at. While I'd love to play Tsukihime, I'm not sure I could get over the not so great art and interface.

As for the second part, yeah, there's no point in shitting on people for liking gacha games because those people aren't the ones responsible for the predatory nature of gacha or the incentives to actually make gacha games. They suck because capitalism and because the executives love preying on vulnerable players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    That's what I was getting at. While I'd love to play Tsukihime, I'm not sure I could get over the not so great art and interface.
    If my current marathon is anything to go by, I found Kagetsu Tohya far more bearable in general than Hollow Ataraxia.
    This despite KT being done with the exact same tech as Tsuki and FHA being done with FSN tech. The QoL stuff is very helpful and the jump in art quality is undeniable, but in the end it's the content that matters and not even the Vita voices for FHA are saving it from feeling like a total slog at points.

Even then they wouldn't. More than them liking a gacha game, this is the classic case of normies flooding what used to be a niche fandom. There will always be friction.
    I bear no ill will towards them, to me they're but victims. Gacha games illegal when?
    Last edited by TomPen94; August 16th, 2021 at 03:29 AM.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ylas View Post
    On the other hand, Trifas: Becoming Human aka Fate/Apocrypha was interesting, since at the centre of the story and the core conflict was the question: what is (a) human? A saint? Just a machine? A crystallized soul?
    pffffft

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    If my current marathon is anything to go by, I found Kagetsu Tohya far more bearable in general than Hollow Ataraxia.
    This despite KT being done with the exact same tech as Tsuki and FHA being done with FSN tech. The QoL stuff is very helpful and the jump in art quality is undeniable, but in the end it's the content that matters and not even the Vita voices for FHA are saving it from feeling like a total slog at points.
    I totally get where you're coming from because even with a not-so-great budget and rather generic effects and visuals, Fate/stay night still holds up as a visual medium and as a piece of text/literature. Still, I struggle to watch anime older than 2006 because of the graphics regardless of how good the content is, and I've heard the Tsukihime soundtrack is rather repetitive, which is not something that would endear me to it. I still am on the fence about reading it before the month ends.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Read it just to marvel at how TM tech went from Tsukihime to Mahoyo.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    kino: KnK Epilogue, Paradox Spiral, Murder Investigation 1 or w/e the accepted translation is
    cinema: Remaining Sense of Pain, Overlooking View, Murder Investigation 2, Mirai Fukuin, HF1&HF2
    film: Hollow Shrine, Oblivion Recorder, ufotable's UBW, HF3
    flick: Deen's UBW

did I miss a movie?
    KnK epilogue is basically a voiced kinetic novel
    don't quote me on this

To be clear, when I'm saying Tsukihims sucks, I'm mainly talking about the writing.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Die Lorelei sucked anyway. It was awkward, narmy, and had no place in the VN.
    Excuse you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no, we deserve to be shat on for feeding the gacha game that devours everything else.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Excuse you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no, we deserve to be shat on for feeding the gacha game that devours everything else.
    *Throws down glove*

Also that second part amounts to victim-blaming. We don't control the wheels of gacha, nor can our purchasing power alone stop it. You'd need full on legal intervention and hopefully anti-capitalist revolution to stop it.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    lol
    canon finish apo vol 3

I want to believe it's ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Even then they wouldn't. More than them liking a gacha game, this is the classic case of normies flooding what used to be a niche fandom. There will always be friction.
    I bear no ill will towards them, to me they're but victims. Gacha games illegal when?
    I hold no love for the predatory nature of gacha, but this just seems like a condescending way to gatekeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    To be clear, when I'm saying Tsukihims sucks, I'm mainly talking about the writing.
    You really woke up and chose violence

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Read it just to marvel at how TM tech went from Tsukihime to Mahoyo.
    'Tis a marvel indeed.

We really don't, especially since most of the time, it's not the gacha part people object to.
    Last edited by Hermitfold; August 16th, 2021 at 10:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    As I have said before, in paraphrase - it is not difficult to see that FGO is bad. A trained monkey, or a child, or even an FGO "player", is capable of doing this, and many of them do. What should concern you, yes, you, poster, in this thread, is whether you are finding FGO bad for the right reasons. This is more difficult than it sounds. It involves constant reexamination why you think the things that you think, to see if you can satisfactorily articulate those reasons - satisfactorily to yourself, first of all, let alone anyone else. I would not decisively claim myself to have done it, and I don't see it in very many others. There are far more bad reasons for disliking FGO than there are good reasons, and the same is true, mutatis mutandis, for everything else of modern Fate. Shallow and thoughtless appreciation is not really very distant from shallow and thoughtless dislike. We should try to avoid both.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    As I have said before, in paraphrase - it is not difficult to see that FGO is bad. A trained monkey, or a child, or even an FGO "player", is capable of doing this, and many of them do. What should concern you, yes, you, poster, in this thread, is whether you are finding FGO bad for the right reasons.
    This is an excellent point. I enjoy FGO, but I can realize that it has it's issues. But in the case of older fans, you rarely hear them discuss these problems, instead ranting over trivialities like mecha Olympians and such.

Shallow and thoughtless appreciation is not really very distant from shallow and thoughtless dislike. We should try to avoid both.
    This I will mildly disagree with. There is a small, but significant distinction between the two. Shallow and thoughtless dislike is far more likely to breed thoughtless discourse in online spaces which can end up creating toxic environments that do no good to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    As I have said before, in paraphrase - it is not difficult to see that FGO is bad. A trained monkey, or a child, or even an FGO "player", is capable of doing this, and many of them do. What should concern you, yes, you, poster, in this thread, is whether you are finding FGO bad for the right reasons. This is more difficult than it sounds. It involves constant reexamination why you think the things that you think, to see if you can satisfactorily articulate those reasons - satisfactorily to yourself, first of all, let alone anyone else. I would not decisively claim myself to have done it, and I don't see it in very many others. There are far more bad reasons for disliking FGO than there are good reasons, and the same is true, mutatis mutandis, for everything else of modern Fate. Shallow and thoughtless appreciation is not really very distant from shallow and thoughtless dislike. We should try to avoid both.
    Why am I not surprised by this take? Always choosing to blame the "shallowness" of the playerbase for liking parts of FGO and far less willing to blame the larger forces driving the fundamental problems with the gacha format. Also, I agree with Hermitfold that shallow appreciation is usually less harmful than shallow vitriol. One simply need be self-aware to mitigate the effects of the former.

Blog Entries
    See what I mean?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Can't believe that taste will become 2 degrees shittier by 2030.
    canon finish apo vol 3