Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 LastLast

Thread: [SUMMARY & TRANSLATIONS] Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    The main difference in whether Shiki can see lines or dots on Arc from the OG to the remake is, as far as I remember, in the hotel scene.
    OG Shiki simply couldn't see any lines or dots on her at night, but in the remake he can see them, only very faintly.

The discussion isn't about Shiki simply not being able to kill Arc at night, it's about whether anyone would be able to trace the lines at all.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Shiki also sees the infamous line on her neck at night and she's mostly fine by this point. His brain is in overdrive but nevertheless he somehow perceives something that shouldn't be there.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Shiki also sees the infamous line on her neck at night and she's mostly fine by this point. His brain is in overdrive but nevertheless he somehow perceives something that shouldn't be there.
    Arc definitely has a weak spot, and it's her attachment to Shiki. It literally makes her bloodlust go brrrr and her mortality manifest.

I think it's not a coincidence that the moment Shiki sees the neck line, is also a moment in which she's emotionally vulnerable.
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    The main difference in whether Shiki can see lines or dots on Arc from the OG to the remake is, as far as I remember, in the hotel scene.
    OG Shiki simply couldn't see any lines or dots on her at night, but in the remake he can see them, only very faintly.

The discussion isn't about Shiki simply not being able to kill Arc at night, it's about whether anyone would be able to trace the lines at all.
    Even in the OG Shiki could see thin lines on Arc during the hotel room inspection, Arc just claims that if not for the 17 dissection the previous day, there'd wouldnt be any.

http://imgur.com/gallery/zfVzHvJ

Blog Entries
    I just noticed the likes:eating and dislikes:malnourishment in Roa's profile in the material book. Does this ever come up in the main game?
    don't quote me on this

Well, if we can disconnect it from the vampire need for blood and the fact that Arc's general MO is to starve Roa into the open

Then maybe it could count as a character trait/backstory.

Hi! I've just got a quick question. Is there any more information regarding the Celestial Egg? I'm not exactly sure what that is in the broader Type Moon context.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think I've translated every single mention of it.

It comes up a total of 4 times.

Once in the bad end where Roa takes over Shiki's body.

Once in the part where Arcueid begins her transformation.

Twice in the part where Shiki deals the final blow to Arcueid.

Things we can directly ascertain from these mentions. The Celestial Egg normally resides within the inner sea of the planet. The Celestial Egg is deeply tied to Arcueid. Roa speaks of the Celestial Egg as being equivalent to something he calls the Proof of Eternity.

It might have something to do with the World Egg thing from Melty Blood, but I'm frankly skeptical.

It's interesting. Seems like the beginning and end of everything. It's also tied to the Astral Body's death. The dot on the Astral Body Shiki saw leads to the heart. Damaging it leads to the body being vanquished.
    Most curious thing about it is the mention from the bad end. I also wonder if it's related to the principle Vlov mentions regarding Arc. Maybe this is Roa's goal.

Thank you so much! I guess what I'm trying to confirm is that it's a concept never before introduced to the nasuverse, and it's something Roa is seeking for his immortality but we don't really encounter it in the story, right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku Dai-kun View Post
    Thank you so much! I guess what I'm trying to confirm is that it's a concept never before introduced to the nasuverse, and it's something Roa is seeking for his immortality but we don't really encounter it in the story, right?
    I looked through the script of Melty Blood quickly to see if there were anything mentions of it but that seems to not be the case.

Roa already has the immortality he seeks. He doesn't want more than the Principle of reincarnation he has. This is partially what puts him at odds with other vampires, but I digress.

Rather, what he seeks is to become an observer of eternity. In his mind, Arcueid possesses something which is equivalent to gazing upon eternity, hence his infatuation with her. Roa has a bunch of different names for this 'thing'.

そうか―――これが天体を成すもの! 私のパンテオン、私を堕落させた原初の一……!
    I see... so this is that which forms the celestial! My Pantheon, the Original One that brought me to corruption...!
     おお、祝福あれ! 祝福あれ! 祝福あれ!
    Ooh, Blessings upon thee! Blessings upon thee! Blessings upon thee!
    Thus goes Roa when he's being destroyed by the cube-like manifestation of Arcueid's Marble Phantasm (though if TYPE-LUMINA is to be trusted, she's actually using her Event Storage here).

Essentially what I'm trying to say is: The Celestial Egg is some sort of manifestation of Arcueid. It is most probably the 'beating heart' seen during the Retrograde Canal/Celestial Conception scene. Not only is it an essential part of the planet itself, but it seems to be related to the creation of the universe. When Shiki descends onto it, he sees all of creation in reverse, and comes closer and closer to seeing the thing Roa was looking for, as it seemingly exists at the beginning of creation (and perhaps would similarly reappear at the end of it?).

The word of the scene here is meaningful. Retrograde Canal seems to be a word used for travelling in the opposite direction timewise. Perhaps you've heard of the arrow of time thing in physics? Basically imagine that the arrow is flipped in the other direction. That's what Retrograde Canal seems to mean whenever it comes up.

So, in conclusion. Roa wants to find the Proof of Eternity. He believes he has found it in Arcueid, within the Celestial Egg. It can look into the origin of the universe, and there, eternity can be found.

It sounds like the root but it relating to only earth doesnt make sense

Unless my joke idea once is a thing nasu is doing, aka the root is just the core of the earth, not the core of reality...

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    The word of the scene here is meaningful. Retrograde Canal seems to be a word used for travelling in the opposite direction timewise. Perhaps you've heard of the arrow of time thing in physics? Basically imagine that the arrow is flipped in the other direction. That's what Retrograde Canal seems to mean whenever it comes up.

So, in conclusion. Roa wants to find the Proof of Eternity. He believes he has found it in Arcueid, within the Celestial Egg. It can look into the origin of the universe, and there, eternity can be found.
    Good post. Agreed. It was such an acid trip of a scene with Shiki surfing through creation, seeing everything down to events the entirety of humanity wouldn't witness. It's almost like he was tracing the lifespan of the universe back to it's origin. Ironic that Roa vanishes just prior to this as Shiki notes. I imagine this will all take center stage in whatever True Arc Route comes down the pipe.
    It's also worth noting that Retrograde Canal(I believe your take on it is spot on) is a weakness of Arcueid. So it makes sense this is what is happening given Shiki's eyes lead him to the scene in question.

Seems like a refrence to KnK shiki in the araya thing, anyone else?

That makes a lot of sense. It's strange how they're introducing this concept when I could have sworn the Akashic Records in the root were the same thing, if not even more comprehensive as far as universal knowledge goes. Maybe as a priest instead of a traditional mage, he'd rather simp over Arcueid's power than try and reach the root. I'm greatly indebted to your amazing work helping us access this game's story. My questions come more from the fact that the story itself is really out-there regardless of how well it's translated.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Seems like a refrence to KnK shiki in the araya thing, anyone else?
    Yes it does sound similar to when Ryougi sees the entire past of the human species in Paradox spiral from cavemen to the moon landing right before it turns into a clipshow meant to fill in the blanks from the exotic story format.

Although someone who read the novel would have to say if Ryougi's visions were limited to just the memories of humanity, cuz collective unconscious of man while Tohno here is seeing the memories of the planet and universe cuz planets are a different scale of being. The earth has lived through like 1/3rd of the existence of the universe and all, and based on Notes and Tale, planets talk...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    It's also worth noting that Retrograde Canal(I believe your take on it is spot on) is a weakness of Arcueid. So it makes sense this is what is happening given Shiki's eyes lead him to the scene in question.
    You mean 'weakness' in the sense of, if Shiki can understand it without frying his brain, he can kill Arc?
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's listed as her 天敵 in the mats.

I actually interpreted that as something related to Aoko, who is another character related with 逆行運河. Especially since Arcueid mentions Aoko as someone she'd have trouble with.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    been playing old melty, didn't even think of Aoko's last arc was something that ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    been playing old melty, didn't even think of Aoko's last arc was something that ridiculous.
    Same supposed name as Goetias entire plan so... Yeah