Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141922232425 LastLast

Thread: [SUMMARY & TRANSLATIONS] Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

true magic n beasts always felt weird to me tbh

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For easy reference, in release order:

- Retrograde Canal/Light-Year Genesis appeared as the name of Aoko's Last Arc.
    - Retrograde Canal/Primordial Daybreak appeared as the name of the CCC sub-chapter where Hakuno and Eliza got <insert player Servant here>'s Mythic Code.
    - Retrograde Canal/Light-Year Genesis, same as Aoko's, appears again the name Holmes gives for Goetia's plan in the Epic of Remnant trailer (officially localized as Regression Canal as I just found out for the first time)
    - Retrograde Canal/Astronomic Conception appeared in Tsukihime as the name of the scene being discussed.
    - Retrograde Canal, no additional subtitle, appeared in Tsuki Mats as one of Arcueid's weaknesses.

The curious thing about it is that it was never once mentioned in actual story text anywhere, just chapter titles, attack names, and side content.

UPDATE: From what I'm finding, Aoko's Last Arc is localized as Retroflow/Light Year Genesis, and honestly, that's the name I like the best.
    Last edited by Comun; November 27th, 2021 at 12:02 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    UPDATE: From what I'm finding, Aoko's Last Arc is localized as Retroflow/Light Year Genesis, and honestly, that's the name I like the best.
    Actually pretty cool.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    You mean 'weakness' in the sense of, if Shiki can understand it without frying his brain, he can kill Arc?
    Some things have no death. Arcueid under the right conditions is perfect and deathless. What does Shiki do? He removes the reasons shoring up why she is like this. If it has death, Shiki's eyes can see it. The point Shiki visualizes on Rei-Arc leads to the phenomena at which journey's end culminates in him devaluing the heart/egg(Which is perfect and has no death), removing the factor sustaining the AB and thus ending it. Seems like the same thing on a larger scale to me. I think retrograde canal is a weakness because it is the process through which it is possible to deal with her(ReiArc anyway). Which is also probably a reference to Aoko and why Arc wouldn't want to encounter her unless necessary.

I also prefer Retroflow/Light Year Genesis. Flow of time imagery and all.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Yes it does sound similar to when Ryougi sees the entire past of the human species in Paradox spiral from cavemen to the moon landing right before it turns into a clipshow meant to fill in the blanks from the exotic story format.
    I don't remember this scene. Was it while she was prisoner of the Ogawa building?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Blog Entries
    It's right before the elevator door opens on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's the part with the epic music.
    don't quote me on this

its part of the good knk movie that isnt 7

But outside of being a smartass, can someone tell me what red garden is

is it the other half or is it tsuki 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    its part of the good knk movie that isnt 7

But outside of being a smartass, can someone tell me what red garden is

is it the other half or is it tsuki 2?
    Other Side of Red Garden. Far Side basically. Hisui, Kohaku, Akiha, Satsuki routes. Teased at the end of TsukihimeRE A Piece of Blue Glass Moon via a small trailer of 4 CG. So, yes, the second half of Tsukihime RE.
    Trailer

Finishing Arcueid’s Route this week, I decided to give a shot and attempt to translate the scene of Shiki destroying the school building in Day 13. I’m not used to translating, so any warnings and advices would be appreciated. Apologizing for any mistakes beforehand.
    RAW

距離はもうどうでもいい。
    俺より前にいればそれでいい。
    ただ、生きてさえいれば、それでいい。
    「あと一つ。おまえに視えているモノは、生き物だけの話だな」
    「当然だろう、生物でなければ命はない。
    命の源である“個所”は、生き物にしかありえまい」
    「――――やっぱり。合点がいったよ、吸血鬼」
    ナイフを握る。
    指先から心臓まで生命として凍結する。
    脳髄は痛みだけで構成されている。
    だが足りない。まるで足りない。
    その先に行く。何の躊躇もない。それを咎めた女は、もうこの世には存在しない。
    「……腑に落ちんな。最後の言葉にしては不相応だ。……まあいい。お喋りは終わりにしよう。どこぞに隠れて いる教会の女の始末もある。―――喜べよ志貴。私の下僕にした後の最初の相手は、頼りにしてい るあの女だ」
    「――――――」
    ああ、最高の挑発だ。お望み通り乗ってやる。
    倫理/常識は残っていない。
    展望/定形は思い出せない。
    を構成する肉は腐れ落ちた。
    個を主張する私を取りこぼした。
    俺は、もう、
    人間でいる意味が、分からない。
    「!?」
    ヤツの足が止まる。その顔が凍り付く。
    “生きる”という根拠を失った肉体が、胎児のようにこわばっている。
    「待て―――なんだ、これは」
    世界には何の変化もない。ヤツには何のマイナスもない。
    ヤツの認識できる範囲において、自身を脅かすモノは何も視えない。
    「なぜ―――私の足が、震えている?」
    だからこそ、ヤツの目は恐怖だけを映していた。
    「俺とおまえが視ているものは違うよ、吸血鬼」
    ―――からだが、炎になったようだ。
    「おまえは命を視ているだけだ。死を理解していない。
    だから俺も殺せず、弱りきった女しか殺せない」
    ―――脳髄が、白熱する。
    「死が視えているのなら、
    正気でなんかいられない。おまえに分かるのは物を生かしている部分だけだ。
    死が視えるのなら―――とても、立ってなんていられない」
    喩えるのなら、それは月世界。
    なにもかもが死に絶えた荒野に似ている。
    ……物事の“死”が視えるという事は、すべてがあやふやで脆い世界に投げ込まれる事だ。
    地面は無いに等しく、空は今にも落ちてきそうなほど、弱々しい。
    「なにを―――何の事を言っている、貴様?」
    ロアの声が、動揺している。
    ……それはそうだろう。
    俺の独唱をあいつは一ミリだって理解できない。
    それはつまり―――ヤツと俺の目はよく似ているだけで、まったくの別物という事だ。
    「―――やめろ。その目で、その目で私を見るな」
    ロアの声に恐れが交じる。
    いみじくもヤツ自身が言っていた。
    ヒトは、未知なるものを本能的に恐れる生き物だと。
    「……一秒先にも世界すべてが死んでしまいそうな錯覚を、おまえは知らない。
    ―――それが、死を視るという事だ。
    この目は、得意げに語れるモノじゃない」
    そう、歩くことさえ恐ろしかったあの頃。
    俺だって―――あの人に出会っていなければ、とうの昔にどうかしていた。
    「それがおまえの勘違いだ、吸血鬼。
    命と死は背中合わせでいるだけで、永遠に、顔を合わせることはないものだろ」
    「だから―――その目で私を見るなと言っている―――!」
    迫る足音。あの雷速は発揮できない。
    アルクェイドに力を使いすぎた代償だ。
    それなら無論、ことさら再認するまでもなく、
    「―――教えてやる。
    これが、モノを殺すということだ」
    この一刺しの方が、何倍も簡潔だ。
    瞬間。渡り廊下という個は、怨嗟の声をあげて崩落した。
    「―――――!」
    ロアの叫び声も、崩れていく瓦礫の音にかき消される。
    渡り廊下は文字通り殺された。
    意味を亡くした固まりは一瞬で瓦解し、崩れていく。
    ヤツは廊下の崩壊に巻きこまれ、瓦礫に潰されながら地上へと落下していった。
    「……………」
    不自然な崩落。
    渡り廊下は俺の前から校舎まで、そこだけが違う素材で作られた異物のように崩れている。
    痛む頭と、凍える体をこらえて、階段に向かう。
    月明かりの下。
    中庭は一面の瓦礫の海と化していた。
    その中心に、ガラガラと動くモノがある。
    「……………」
    ほんとうに、生き汚い。
    倒れこむ一歩手前の体を引きずって、瓦礫を乗り越える。
    「“ァ―――ア、アァア…………”」
    ロアの下半身は、まるで存在していない。
    その部位だけ『もうない』と運命付けられたように、再生しない。
    だというのに瓦礫から這い出てきた上半身は、肉体の死とは無関係に活動している。
    その生命力には、純粋な敬意を表すべきだろう。
    「“―――なんだ、今のは”」
    ソレはビタビタと、自らの血の海でのたうっている。
    復元はするのか。するよな。
    なるほど、切り替えが早い。蘇生も再生も適わないのなら、新しい部位を作ってこれを補えばいい。吸血鬼らし い発想だ。数分も経てば、とりあえず下半身の代わりになる部位は作られるのだろう。
    瓦礫を踏み、ソレの前へと歩いていく。
    「“―――志、キ”」
    ソレは顔を上げてこちらを凝視する。
    その目には、眼球から溢れ出しそうなほど、憎しみが満ちていた。
    「“化け物め―――化け物め、化け物め、化け物め……!”」
    憎々しげな怨嗟の声。
    急速に増長していく下半身。
    あれほど瓦礫を濡らしていた血液が、巻き戻し映像のようにソレの体に吸い込まれていく。
    「どっちが」
    感想を口にして、右手から力を抜く。
    ソレの点は心臓のやや右よりにある。
    ナイフでとん、と突き刺す。
    紙を貫くような感覚。あまりにも味気ない/特別なものではない、死の感触。
    あと、ソレは短い声をあげた。
    曲がりなりにも何度も死を体験してきた男だ。
    この感触がなんであるか、人並み以上には悟っている。
    「恐ろしくはないだろう。おまえにとっては馴染んだ道だ。違うところがあるとすれば、一つだけ 」
    「―――今度は、帰って来られない」

Day 13 - Mystic Eyes of Death Perception

Distance now is meaningless.
    As long he is before me, it’s all that matters.
    As long he is just alive, it’s all that matters.
    “One more thing, all you see are living things.”
    “Obviously, you can’t have life within non-living. The core from which life originates can only be found in living beings.”
    “… You get it after all, vampire.”
    I grip my knife.
    Life from my fingertips to my heart frozen.
    All there is in my brain is pain.
    But that’s not enough. Not enough yet.
    I must go further. Wash away my doubts.
    The woman whom I could blame is no longer here.
    “That’s odd, pretty strange words to be your last… May it be, we shall cut the chatter. I still must finish the churchwoman who is sneaking about somewhere… Rejoice, Shiki. Our first opponent after making you be my servant, will be precisely the woman you were relying on.”
    “…”
    Ah, a last change of hassles. I will take your bait then.
    There is no more ethics/common sense anymore.
    I can’t remember how the outside/right shape looks like anymore.
    The flesh that makes me up has begun to rot.
    I feel like my selfhood is fading away.
    I no longer understand what it means to be a human.
    “?!”
    His legs halt and face freezes up.
    His body that has lost the premise of what it is to be “alive” is no different from a fetus in the womb now.
    “Wait… What is this?”
    The world remained the same, there was no minus for him to see.
    Due the extent of his perceptions he can’t glimpse what is threatening him.
    “Why?... Why are my legs shaking?”
    That’s why the only thing his eyes could mirror was fear.
    “What I see and what you see are different things, vampire.”
    My body is burning.
    “All you see is life, you don’t understand a thing about death. That’s why you could only kill a weakened woman but not me.”
    My brain reaches its critical point.
    “No one who sees death could remain sane. All you understand are the parts that keep things alive. To see death… Is the most unbearable thing in this world.”
    It’s like this moon world.
    A landscape where everything and everyone exudes dead.
    Being able to see the death of things, is being casted away on a flimsy world where everything is crumbling away.
    So fragile that it seems the ground and the sky will fall away at any moment.
    “What… The hell are you talking about?”
    His voice carries anger.
    … That’s to be expected.
    He can't understand a comma of my lecture.
    In other words… Our eyes may look the same but are completely distinct things.
    “… Stop, don’t look at me with those eyes.”
    Fear overrun Roa’s voice.
    He said people are beings who instinctively fear the unknown.
    “You have no idea what it's like to live as if everything in the world is going to fall apart every minute… That’s what to see death. These eyes aren’t something to boast about.”
    Yeah, like in those days where even walk would scare me out.
    Even I… If I hadn't met that person that day, I don't know what I would have done.
    “That’s your mistake, vampire. Life and death are two sides of the same coin, but that will never face each other.”
    “I said… To not look at me with those eyes…!”
    Unable to bring that lightning speed of before, he takes steps closer.
    That’s the price of dried up his power against Arcueid.
    Then as a given, even if there’s no need to highlight it…
    “… I’ll teach you what it means to kill something.”
    I stab over and over the same point accurately.
    In a flash, the thing called hallway crumbled away along with the rise of a hateful voice.

Roa’s howls are muffled by the falling rubbles.
    The passage was literally killed.
    The thing, which had its meaning torn away, crumbled to pieces in the same instant.
    Having been swallowed by the hallway’s decay, he falls along being crushed by the rubbles.
    “…”
    An unnatural collapse.
    The passage, as the school building, collapses before me as if they were anomalies crafted by strangeness.
    I head to the stairs, carrying an aching head and a numb body.
    The courtyard had been made into a sea of rubble under the moonlight.
    At its core there is something moving in cracks.
    “…”
    You really don’t know when to quit.
    He drags his body on the brink of defeat out of the rubbles.
    “Ah--- A, ahhg…”
    Roa’s lower body was no more.
    That part alone didn’t regenerate like it was fated to “don’t exist” anymore.
    However, the upper part dragging itself out of the rubbles, was a completely unrelated of the body’s death just now.
    I have to give my kudos for the toughness.
    “… What was that?”
    He squirms in the pool of his own blood on damp sounds.
    Will it be restored? I think it will.
    I see, he’s quick on the draw.
    If regeneration or resurrection are out of the question, he can make up for it by creating a completely new part. A pretty vampire-like reasoning. With just a few minutes, surely a new lower-part would be created to make it up.
    I walk past the rubble stopping before that.
    “---Shi…ki”
    It roses its face to gaze at me.
    His eyes were so laden with hate that it was like his eyeballs gonna pop out its face.
    “You monster… Monster, monster monster…!”
    A voice shaped from hatred and resentment.
    Its lower body grows quickly.
    The blood that had been gushing into the rubble is sucked back into its body like a returning film strip.
    “Which of us?”
    I hold out my right hand as I let out my feelings.
    Its point is a little right of its heart.
    I stab it with my knife.
    It's like pierce a sheet of paper. A feeling of death completely dull/with nothing especial at all.
    After that, it raised out its voice slightly.
    A man who imperfectly experienced death several times.
    I know how this is more than anyone else.
    “There’s nothing to be scared of, that’s routine for you. Only one thing is different now.”
    “--- This time, you won’t come back.”
    Last edited by Tenshi; February 14th, 2022 at 02:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Cool, I'll put it in the OP!

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's practically the same as the original scene, which is good because the original scene was bloody perfect.
    don't quote me on this

So, I really must ask. In Ciel's Normal Ending epilogue, who's the "monster of a philanthropist" that Dr. Araku is referring to?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably Kiara.

Interesting. I don't see how she'd be of much help to Shiki lol. Also, and I apologize if this is a bother, I'm curious as to who stepped in and helped Arcueid defeat Elesia during the French Incident. The idea that Arcueid might've lost to Elesia at all is pretty crazy.

We don't know. Probably Altrouge given Arc had her hair at the time. And I find it plausible that Roa could have pulled it off. He is a genius in a monstrous body at that time. He seemed to have been able to make the preparations necessary to have a real wild party down in France. He probably stacked the board in his favor at least. I bet he probably could do the same thing with SHIKI if he got his plan up and rolling before he got ganked.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Holy moly.

Spent many hours today editing every single translation I've done for this thread, mostly for readability; by which I mean that I've made them all into easier-on-the-eyes (hopefully?) tables.

Of course, all the translations can be reached from the same place as always, in the OP of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Holy moly.

Spent many hours today editing every single translation I've done for this thread, mostly for readability; by which I mean that I've made them all into easier-on-the-eyes (hopefully?) tables.

Of course, all the translations can be reached from the same place as always, in the OP of the thread.
    Good Man.

Was it ever somewhere stated access to the root involves multiple pathways? In MBAA Ryougi is suggested to be some sort of manifestation of humanity or at least acting in behalf of it and Archetype considers her a peer of some sorts, same for Ryougi who explicitly says she isn't there acting as a counter guardian, but rather in order to kill someone of the "same kind" as her, which we later see wasn't Tohno. In what way is AE and Ryougi even remotely similar? They seem literal opposites. But I think it makes sense if we consider other points.

Maybe even the idea of God is fundamentally a human construct/concept, so even if Void's abilities includes the idea/capabilities of God, it's still part of the human collective consciousness. And that doesn't give her the perspective of a different lifeform like a planet. Hence her being below Arc in power comparisons.
    The idea that there are still things that are beyond human understanding seems to be hammered down lately, and that includes the nature and abilities of celestial bodies.

Also, I'm still of the belief Archetype is greater than Type as a concept. Does anyone else think this is looking more likely than ever now?
    Every instance we've seen of Archetype being used it clearly refers to a very primordial existence, maybe THE most primordial, hence Original One. For ORT the furigana used is different since it's Ultimate One (extreme single-species), while for Archetype is Ultimate One (Original One). The thing is I don't think there's ever been anything suggesting Types are anything other than the strongest existence on their planet (the strongest of the strongest species) that has taken on the will of that planet as opposed to being literally the planet's soul itself like Archetype is.
    The energy readings of the celestial egg are also so astronomically high and beyond anything else in TM works I have a hard time swallowing the possibility of every other planet being a peer in that regard. The energy that later makes up the light body was stated to be compressed to planck length, that's literally an hyper massive planck star. For reference if the sun collapsed to a planck star it would retain it's mass yet it's size would be as big as an atom. The volume of energy stated to be compressed in that scene was stated to be 200 meters. That's orders of magnitude greater than trillions of solar masses. Far beyond any feat or claim we've seen.
    And please don't say Nasu doesn't know what he's talking about, because that's an awful argument and even I can learn this doing a bit of research on the internet.

But it makes sense because the celestial egg scene seems to hint at something relating to the creation of the universe and I was thinking what if the method the TA used to birth Arc was related to the origin awakening concept? This explains the parallels to Ryougi and it explains the concept/title of Archetype. This idea was teased in AE's route, but she denied that Arc had been subjected to it because "they have both been the same since the very beginning", so maybe it is close to the same situation as with Ryougi/Void in that she was born "awakened" from birth.

Sorry about the long post. I wanted to put my thoughts somewhere. Feel free to disagree or share something that might support this.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Crimson Moon has been called Original One and Brain of the Moon before, so he is the same as Archetype in that aspect.