Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Translation (Need Help)

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viņa del mar, chile)
    [QUOTE=MaxAkito;3138585]Well I mean, it's literally just edited MTL. Which isn't technically terrible, but it's not great. I don't see why people are writing up conflict between this though. I have a few EOP friends who read TranslateFGO (MTL FGO injection), then wait for NA to read NA. There's no problem with reading both. If you want just context MTL isn't terrible and it's more immersive than just summaries. Most people I know that do read MTL only do so for context and read real TLs later. I'm sure the same will happen with TsukiRe. A patch will come out for MTL, people will read it, then when HollowMoon finishes their patch in 2-3 years people will read that. Honestly, I'll say it as well- I've read MTL for LN/WNs back in the day, that was absolute hell to a degree but guess what? I still enjoyed it. So much so in fact, when said novels got official localizations I bought those and read it again. I'm not totally pro MTL but I do think it has its place for people too lazy to learn Japanese./QUOTE]

yep, when I get a better PC, I gonna read it, even if is a MTL it gonna work, and then when is a good Translation I gonna read it again

Was really hopeful when found out that Hollow Moon and Cloverworkstl (I think I got the name wrong) are gonna/working on Tsukihime Remake.
    Then found the drama of the two groups and at this point I don't know what to expect or what to hope anymore...

Blog Entries
    I don't think you quite understand the appeal of immediacy and the lack of attention span. A lot of people would fail to reread manga with a better translation because they read shitty mtl first, so how many would sacrifice 40 hours twice? Not a lot, outside of some enthusiasts.

Meanwhile, we'll get a bunch more shitty tl memes and misunderstanding that will last for years upon years.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Fuck mtl, and fuck anyone who advocates for them.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    I don't think you quite understand the appeal of immediacy and the lack of attention span. A lot of people would fail to reread manga with a better translation because they read shitty mtl first, so how many would sacrifice 40 hours twice? Not a lot, outside of some enthusiasts.

Meanwhile, we'll get a bunch more shitty tl memes and misunderstanding that will last for years upon years.
    Sounds like you just hang out in the wrong places.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you're way too optimistic about the issue.

I think people who are gonna read Tsukihime are enthusiasts by default, no? I just don't see a random redditor "sacrificing" 40 hours to read it for the first time.
    Last edited by Lake; September 2nd, 2021 at 02:23 AM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Personally, I'm just going to wait until the issue gets resolved and we have a halfway decent TL. Still, if we get a meme TL, I might read it just for the memes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    I think people who are gonna read Tsukihime are enthusiasts by default, no? I just don't see a random redditor "sacrificing" 40 hours to read it for the first time.
    People be silly like that.
    There are people who pay to read MTL of WN's. After learning that, I just don't see the lower limit to people consuming trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I searched for this and it's such a beautiful moment of being on completely different wavelengths lmao

(Ftr the group accused is a spoof of frenchoyo mtl'ing remake to satisfy the vendetta, the "trans tl group" comment misunderstands that /tmg/'s favourite appellation is a general use insult)
    It was by far the funniest thing that could've come out of this, just beautiful ironic naivety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

The french are strong.

Anglo era is over.

The french released a nice tool to edit the script, here's my attempt (no MTL):
    "en cualquier momento, JP->ES

Maybe I'll translate some lines when bored.
    Last edited by Crown; September 3rd, 2021 at 12:30 AM.

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viņa del mar, chile)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post

If you refere as "sacrifice" to something liike this I thing you are not a real fan, after all I'm someone who ahve read the original novel like 3 times, the manga like 3 tiems too, nd I don't think is a sacrifice is pure entretainment, so, read a MTL to get a first view and then read a good translation is not a sacrifice not at all. Takeuchi said if you tak the time to hear all the voices is like 45h, VNDB said the original with the 5 routes is 41 hours, but I think is less, and no never will be a SCRIFICE not at all

Blog Entries
    Boy oh boy. If you don't like the word sacrifice, here's another description for reading MTL. Self-imposed torture. Dumpster diving. Waste of time.

You do not get a first impression with MTL. All you get is a mistaken understanding and ruin your first impressions. How about, instead, dedicating 40 hours to studying Japanese? Sure, that won't be enough for mystic talk, but plenty enough for banter with voiced lines.

Anyway, spare me the true fan crap. You don't know a better use of your time compared to reading MTL nonsense? Power to you. Hope you'll use your time better tho.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, I think I got a first impression of plenty of isekai webnovels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    You can make mtl read well by editing, but you cant make it into a good translation. Its bound the be full of mistranslations.

DeepL is pretty dangerous in a sense that ive noticed if it doesnt understand what its TLing it can really asspull some insane shit, even more so than google. The output just reads better.

That's just deep learning rearing its head I guess. When in doubt, make up convincing enough shit.

Also the french released a nice tool to edit the script line by line, if somebody's interested. Seems pretty good so far. I'm translating a few lines myself, though the total is very daunting and I'm not even sure if it'll look good in-game.
    Last edited by Crown; September 3rd, 2021 at 12:37 AM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    That's just deep learning rearing its head I guess. When in doubt, make up convincing enough shit.

Also the french released a nice tool to edit the script line by line, if somebody's interested. Seems pretty good so far. I'm translating a few lines myself, though the total is very daunting and I'm not even sure if it'll look good in-game.
    I'm interested! Did they manage to crack the script file, or are they only replacing text?
    don't quote me on this

Extracting the contents is still your task. The tool only opens and allows you replace line by line and/or by block to finally make a new script file. Packing things up is your job too. Check your PMs.
    Last edited by Crown; September 3rd, 2021 at 02:34 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I think Clovermoon had the right idea, a community based translation is probably the best case scenario, a github or big googlesheet with the lines split into day by day sections would be pretty cool

US Friend Code
    This is way outside my area of expertise but I feel like that many people would make it read really disjointed.
    Last edited by Reign; September 3rd, 2021 at 02:56 AM.