Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Translation (Need Help)

Shounen H project CEO AokoExpress's Avatar

Tsukihime Remake Translation (Need Help)

I'd like to know if anyone here knows how to translate the ".nsp" file of tsukihime and making a patch for it.

I believe Hollow Moon has planned to work on that

They probably thought it will be kirikiri instead of whatever engine remake use.

i'll take a stab in the dark and guess that calling dibs on it an hour after the announcement involved more thought of epeen and less consideration of how to actually do it

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viņa del mar, chile)
    ACtually it seems someone already try it and do it a little, nd works for some second until crashed, but it possible

US Friend Code
    I'm only vaguely glancing at this stuff and not really keeping up with it but apparently they've figured out how to replace the Japanese text already

They say is inestable and can crash any time, but is posible change it

It looks like it is possible to text hook TsukiR. https://twitter.com/SnowBusterVN/sta...09207576121345

Quote Originally Posted by Desann View Post
    They probably thought it will be kirikiri instead of whatever engine remake use.
    It is HuneX. We already created tools for this engine when working on Fate/stay night / Fate/hollow ataraxia PS2/Vita.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    The game is easy to replace assets and mod since it's Switch. RomFS modding is something that many people know how to do and the tools exist for. Emulators allow for quick and easy testing of this, and TsukiRe has many tools that can be used to quickly check things as well. Most UI assets are already in English, and those that aren't can be easily repackaged and applied.

The script is easily editable and replaceable and you can just drop a font in and change the font. There's not really any issues until one thing; the text ends too early. As in when you have text, it can't go further than a limit imposed somehow? I'm not too used to VNs so maybe Alyinghood can answer a fix for that, but as long as that stays it's impossible to get a proper patch out. Maybe he can help with that.

As for it being hunex, all files are extractable like so;
    Download:
    http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm
    https://files.catbox.moe/6l3m7x.txt (Rename to Tsuki.bms)
    https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Swit...IMENTAL_LATEST

In your emulator with your copy of Tsukihime Re, right click and dump the romfs files. Then go to those files. Open 4gb quickbms and select the renamed .txt file, now named tsuki.bms and run it. Select the ".hed" file in the romfs folder of the thing you want to dump. Allpac has sprites, allpaccg has cgs, ui etc.
    Dump those AND MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT OVERWRITE, when prompted make sure you hit RENAME and now you should have a large list of nxgz files. Open command prompt in that folder and type "rename *.nxgz *.bntx"
    This quickly changes their file formats.
    Finally open switch toolbox, tools, extract textures (second bottom option), select all the files and bam there they are.

Script is mostly plaintext but I haven't extracted the rest of it yet to see what else is in the script mrg file.

I'm not sure if the spacing/letter problem can be fixed through romfs patches though is my worry, maybe there's something that can be changed somehow; again hoping Alyinghood knows more. However ExeFS patches also exist- but that requires a lot more work.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Low quality but someone on /tmg/ got it to succeed and didn't seem to need an exefs patch
    https://files.catbox.moe/sl3kpn.webm
    Asked them how they did it but no response. Maybe someone here is smart enough, if this is figured out then a patch can EASILY be ported to switch or just run in the emulator with very little hassle

someone already have the script file and is not encripted so is more easy to transalte so, they can work in the translation and then in the rest

Just downloaded the whole "*.nsp" file. I extracted the "exefs" folder and the "romfs" folder using Switch Toolbox since my unit was way to old to run switch emulators. I saw the files. It was mostly repack files just like some other repack files. "*.xp3", "*.pak" for example. But extracting it requires some softwares.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, use the guide I posted on how to unpack the files in romfs. Only thing I can't FULLY unpack is the script file, I can get the text but can't fully separate them fully extracted opened it with hxd and its got a mrgd00 header though.
    I haven't really looked at the exefs yet but that's jus the executable files, need to open it with ida after converting it.

Well, for now the text is 1 of the most important thing, because they can work from no and get a solution for the other thing later while the script is translating

If someone was searching it here is the SCript in .txt

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...897/script.txt

And here are a viedo of something interesting tell me what you think of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_n...channel=0xDC00

The circle of reposts.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh_maximaster View Post
    And here are a viedo of something interesting tell me what you think of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_n...channel=0xDC00
    why moonlight sonata
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 30th, 2021 at 07:00 AM.
    don't quote me on this

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    why moonlight sonata
    I guess because MOONlight sonata...

Or it's just random idk

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ah nice catch. Witty
    don't quote me on this

So.... I just extracted the scripts from the "*.mrg" the "00.dat" did open cleanly but the "01.dat" was encrypted.