Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2021 Edition - It's that time again.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    is Shinei just imagining the content of the letters or not? IDK.
    Great episode regardless.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    86: the part with Shin being shocked when he drew the Legion inside San Magnolia on the map, and subsequent introspective part with him "killing off" Lena in his heart cause theres no way shes alive was extremely well done and truly heart breaking. Shin reaffirming his feelings on that Lena surviving was his tiny salvation and at the same time proclaiming her dead, bruh... ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    is Shinei just imagining the content of the letters or not?
    Nah, theyre real. Marcel is gaslighting Nina to blame Shin to give her an outlet for her grief, since he himself is coping by blaming Shin.

Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game kinda feels like they traded in good fight animation for excellent character work and much better writing than Adventure.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Nah, theyre real. Marcel is gaslighting Nina to blame Shin to give her an outlet for her grief, since he himself is coping by blaming Shin.
    I see. I thought that wasn't real because the first time he get the letter on screen and snapped out of it, I think the letter is shown to be unopened/sealed.
    Last edited by Spartacus; November 7th, 2021 at 11:03 AM.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Digimon Ghost Game kinda feels like they traded in good fight animation for excellent character work and much better writing than Adventure.
    This is literally what I thought. They went from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game Episode 4: I've finally got Kiyoshiro figured out, he's basically Zenitsu from Demon Slayer to where he's a manic wimpy dude most of the time but when he gets knocked out he goes into a trance state and suddenly becomes a badass only to forget his courage afterwards. Though his relationship with Jellymon also gives me shades of Hiro/02 from Franxx, especially when Jellymon starts calling him "darling". When the Talisman warning first came up I thought Kiyoshiro might have rigged up some kind of radar for Hologram Ghost activity but trying to digitise mystical charms was interesting and gave me SMT vibes with the whole Demon Summoning Program. Anyways, to the plot...which there wasn't much of granted, Majiramon looked cool but was basically a plot time bomb and since power levels prevented the crew from being able to fight back, everything was once again solved by Talk no Jutsu. At least the gang is all together now and hopefully the episodic episodes are coming to an end.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)[note 1] is a mental and behavioral disorder[6] that can develop because of exposure to a traumatic event, such as sexual assault, warfare, traffic collisions, child abuse, domestic violence or other threats on a person's life.[1][7] Symptoms may include disturbing thoughts, feelings, or dreams related to the events, mental or physical distress to trauma-related cues, attempts to avoid trauma-related cues, alterations in the way a person thinks and feels, and an increase in the fight-or-flight response.[1][3] These symptoms last for more than a month after the event.[1] Young children are less likely to show distress, but instead may express their memories through play.[1] A person with PTSD is at a higher risk of suicide and intentional self-harm.[2][8]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I once knew a hypochondriac who tried to tell me he had PTSD from a nightmare he had when he was 10.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Don't expect Ghost Game to have great animation. Production's fucked since the start. Apparently because this is lots of same staff as Adventure remake and GG's production was sacrificed for Adventure remake, GG starting production late. And they didn't allow the staff more time so they could keep the timeslot (thus going from Adventure into GG with no breaks instead of waiting a season or 2). Talk no Jutsu is a good way to hide production being utterly fucked, so wouldn't surprise me if it keeps going
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    If nothing else at least the 5 seconds of evolution sequence we get looks amazing.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's strange watching AMAIM and Garrendoll back to back. AMIAM is obviously the better put together show, but it takes itself so seriously that's it's stupidity stands out way more than the tongue and cheek Garren. Garren is way dumber but leans into it, so when need to do something like have a robot powered by an idol's self image it fits with everything else. So when a character has a tragic flashback in AMIAM to his dad's death where and enemy mech crushes the head of his, I can't help but laugh becuase the COCKPIT IS IN THE CHEST! YOU ALREADY SHOWED THAT EPISODE 1! WHY IS YOUR VILLAIN SPENDING TIME PUNCHING THE HERO MECHS HEAD!? I know reluctant Mecha pilots are always a thing, but Garrendoll actually makes it interesting by having the MC need to lie and pretend he's a shounen protag/idolfan for his robot to work. That was such an interesting wrinkle.

Other What the hell moments form the last few weeks of AMIAM I'm catching up on:

-Why is a resistance fighter shooting her rifle with the stock under her arm?
    -Ooooo Whatcha say....
    -RACER X?! Wait, robots. SCHWARZ BRUDER?!
    -Aforementioned punching a robot in the head
    -Hey, remember that bit in Gundam where the robots power sourced are so OP no-one wants to blow them up in atmosphere becasue it's liek setting off a nuke right next to you? That's great worldbuilding and I really miss it.
    -Five episodes in and he's already pulling a Spiderman 2? This isn't going to run for very long is it?
    -Oh wow they actually bothered to animate the kid in a children's car seat. Someone really cares.
    -Hey lets go ask the military oppressors to stop human trafficking! Surely that won't backfire on us.
    -Why are you idiots holding a public execution then insisting no one record it? Whats the point?!
    -Okay good for you and all, but won't China still kill everyone in that town, on both sides? I mean episode 1 has the Aussies beating children in the streets and trying to execute teens because a guy they knew made a robot. Human Trafficking should be a known thing at this point, not a national embarassment.
    -Hey China's in deep shit for all those warcrimes, why don't we fight them and commit a bunch of our own? There's no way this will ever backfire on us?
    -I get that this dude supposed to be a battlecrazy type, but doesn't that kind of lose something when all robots are operated remotely in safety? What thrill of the battle is there when there's no consequences to you?
    -Wow, way to ruin a good character reveal. I hope they turn it around next time.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Takt: Cool to see a modern-day speakeasy. I was hoping the tuba musician denied his purpose would duet with Takt, but alas. Destiny a cute, I wasn't expecting her to crack a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

That car CGI was not good though, that's a bad harbinger for the production.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Goddamn Blue Period. Almost chocking me up on a revelation about pastry.

Edit: NO! RYUJI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Orange: "Oh I admire the former player-now coach of the other team so much, isn't he handsome?" Does anyone play hockey professionally and still have a decent face and all their teeth on retirement?

And They're actually doing a dance routine right on the ice! Not even putting down a mat. No huge heels yet, but for fucks sake. I want there to be a scene where one of them just straight out trips and crashes into the other and they domino all over.
    Last edited by Mattias; November 11th, 2021 at 02:30 AM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Takt: Cool to see a modern-day speakeasy. I was hoping the tuba musician denied his purpose would duet with Takt, but alas. Destiny a cute, I wasn't expecting her to crack a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

That car CGI was not good though, that's a bad harbinger for the production.
    Wait. Season 2 is out for Takt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Eh? What?. Seasons 1 of Takt is still airing. I think you're very confused. There was no season of Takt before this. And about the production
    Odd-numbered episodes are Madhouse
    Even episodes (so this week) are MAPPA. MAPPPA being so overworked put out weaker episodes because they've relegated Takt to a project they don't care about, basically doing the bare miminum to deliver their episodes in time
    Now, Madhouse's staff is also doing this and a lot of their Takt staff focused fully in Sonny Boy, treating Takt as a lesser priority. But as we see, they can still deliver better than MAPPA.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lupin III Episode 4: Hoo boy, I had heard this episode was controversial going in and as soon as I heard it was written by Mamoru Oshii I realised why. This was such a "talking heads" episode that it felt like I was back in the early 2010's watching "-Monogatari" again...which I suspect a lot of Lupin fans were not keen on.

But I liked it at any rate. I'm a fan of Hemingway's work and I caught a lot of the references to his short stories, from Ten Indians to An Alpine Idyll to Che Ti Dice La Patria. Plus I found the dialogue captivating enough, especially Lupin trying to get the "dumb waitress" to break her innocent act by badgering her with questions. The fact that the other assassins in the diner were all references as well with "Mr.Todo" being the most blatant as a nod to Golgo 13 was amusing.

Next week might prove equally divisive as it appears to be a pastiche of the works of Edogawa Ranpo instead of Hemingway, with Fujiko as the Black Lizard and Lupin as the Golden Mask.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    LOL, Platinum End just did a reverse Cao Cao quote.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Jahy: Kyouko is cute. Also, the Maou is a demon most foul. Her sins will never be forgiven.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's Saturday night, so it's time to catch up on anime

Heike: Hey, it's Tomoe! Where's her PS4 though? I'm honestly also surprised that Biwa stayed with the Hieke as long as she did after Shigemori's death. Kiyotsune: "Are we the bad guys?". Are the Heike PS2 era protagonists, where they die the instant they fall in water? Or were they all just too rich to learn how to swim? Oh hey Ushi, this isn't going to end well.

Deji meets Girl might be one of the shorterst shows I've seen, but I love the art style sooooo much.

Komi: So the joke is that she thinks the punchline is the funniest part so that's all that's needed? It's hard to tell since I've never heard anything like those punchlines before. You know, with how leggy Komi is, and how short that skirt is, there's no way she's not flashing everyone when she sits on that chair at the end of the OP. Najimi's right though, that dress is a 10. Plaid Librarian is pretty good too.

Senpai is Annoying: They missed a perfect place for a gag right in the pre-credits and have multiple pictures of Futaba from various points in life all looking the exact same, rather than just baby, elementary school and high school. Man I wish I'm that ripped when I'm his age. Or now. I'd take now too. That tall too. Wait is this guy just Kazuma Kiryuu? Hell, they even had the punks you have to kick the shit out of at the end for no reason! "You're a Loli, I"LL KILL YOU!"

Blue Period: Continues to be AOTS. Wow, mirror girl is jacked. Oh no, don't set that flag Yotasuke! A sudden Metal Lady appears!

Assassin Isekai: Wow, Blondie's misery parade is almost comical for how rote it is. You know what would a twist? When the wolves attack the starving child, the child bites back and takes over the wolf pack. Now there's a character origin. Wow, I almost lost it when this shot came up. Look at how badly defined the stall lady is, even compaed to the other bystander in front of the stand. Oh shit, now he's Ezio'ing all over the place. Aww, I was hoping one of the harem would be the Merc who just wanted to be Maple. That strategic darkness. I get the idea that hidden weapons are vital for assassins, but on the other hand a stick is the easiest prop to have around for no reason. Okay, why does a secret crown assassin, have such a large group of people that know he's a secret assassin that they can have a fifty person party among nobility?

Takt: Now, I'm not an expert here, but wouldn't it be almost impossible to grow food in the desert that surrounds Vegas? Is that Ride of the Valkyries for the train attack? Would make sense given the unbonded one's design. And now it's buttrock, too bad. CALLED IT. Trying to nail down what Hell came from though. My mind immediately goes to Orpheus in the Underworld given it's prevalence among westerns, but it doesn't feel right. It is a fucking long one though so it's possible. I get Son of the Rooster is supposed to be an impressive epitaph, but every time they say it my mind translated it to Little Cock, which is more fitting a descriptor for Takt.

Sakugan: The only real thing I have to say is that the OP is pretty great. The rest of the show is a pretty standard fare, entertaining but nothing standout. Oh hey 0451. Nice. Though given his crime, 24601 would be more appropriate.

Out of booze now. Auqatope, Jahy, Isekai Restaurant and Lupin will have to wait for another day.
    Last edited by Mattias; November 14th, 2021 at 04:48 AM.