Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2021 Edition - It's that time again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This week's Heike Monogatari featured this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gochi-in_no_Tajima All I'm wondering is that, when guns were introduced many years later, how many people tried to do the same vs. bullets.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    They went hard into VN stuff with no background, didn't they?

If you're going to do a Muv-Luv adaption, shouldn't you start with the beginning? I get that the best parts of that series are the unending tide of alien horrors, but doesn't it lose something when it's missing the generic dating sim set up? Not only do you miss a massive Wham moment, you also lose the unease at seeing characters you know act widely different, and possible die with little fanfare.
    That would definitely be ideal but probably not realistically doable. Yoshimune said on stream hes been pushing for a muvluv trilogy anime for over a decade and had given up on hope of it ever happening, so hes just satisfied to see some of his work animated, even if its far from perfect.

If you only do MLA, the protags random backstory of "oh yeah i got isekaid AND i time traveled too lmao" is just extremely ????????, but when you play the trilogy its something you experience. You go through his life in the slapstick romcom world, follow him getting isekaid and being a fish out of water, powerless to change anything and having to watch humanity forfeit the planet, and then you finally come to MLA which is the miracle run where he can make a difference. Plus the amount of exposition must be staggering for an anime only. They have to explain the isekai stuff, and play catch-up on the exposition since theyre missing Takerus first run of the betaworld which already explained a lot of this stuff.

Then from the perspective of a source material fan, talking heads spewing exposition you already know is really boring. Much like the UBW episode where they spent an entire episode talking about "so theres this grail.. and this war... seven servants bro... masters n shit..."

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So in reality the solution is the same as everytalking heads scene. Get the SHAFT team that did Monogatari to guest produce an episode. "Why is MC-kun in front of a wall of clocks all running at different speeds?" "Who cares, better than staring at the same wall for 25 minutes. Now shut up here comes the 9th different camera angle in this tiny 10x10 room."
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    apparently the weakest True ancestor anime (vampire dies in no time) is called generic Tsukihime.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What hime?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So in reality the solution is the same as everytalking heads scene. Get the SHAFT team that did Monogatari to guest produce an episode. "Why is MC-kun in front of a wall of clocks all running at different speeds?" "Who cares, better than staring at the same wall for 25 minutes. Now shut up here comes the 9th different camera angle in this tiny 10x10 room."
    Some Monogatari people are working on Vanitas.
    And Shaft in general is already struggling with MagiReco 2nd cour (given that even wth the 8+4 split, there were issues in the latest summer episodes) and Luminous Witches (which had to be delayed)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    86 ep 3: pretty good episode. Focuses a lot on Shinei and him getting back into action.

Spoiler:
    Damn after the cafeteria scene I knew that Eugene was gonna die but not in the next fucking shot. And what remained of him was basically mincemeat. Just...Jesus man.
    This whole episode seems like a mockery of the trope of "main hero's back-time to kick ass". What I mean is, Fido's back, they've got their new mechs and Shinei got his gun back...which he is forced to use on his only new friend literally at the end of the episode.
    Makes the whole episode that much more impactful.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    86: That was faster than I thought, lol. War. War never changes.

In a break from character, Fido returning from the grave is Good, Actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Pretty good episode. Seems we'll be done with volume 2 soon. Its my least favorite volume so im glad theyre putting more episodes on vol 3 instead.

Well, things should be spicing up next week, if i remember vol 2 correctly.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Luminous Witches (which had to be delayed)
    I had to google this to find out what it was. This seems like it's going to a trainwreck.

US Friend Code
    Noticeable lack fanservice in Mieruko today which coincides with where the manga dropped them too.

I wonder if the anime will get far enough for the Godmother to return. I kind of doubt it.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Mieruko: Was not expecting that couple to be made for each other. Poor cute Miko.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Mieruko and Komi are cute anime, I like them so far.
    Jobless Reincarnation is still top class to watch
    Platinum End is according to a friend "garbage" as a manga, but I like it so far as an anime.
    That Blue Period anime about painting so far is interesting.
    Takt Op. Destiny looks really cool as long you dont fixate on the cgi hands. I will make a Servant out of these two.
    Reincarnated Assassin is a pretty standard isekai so far and female characters so far are sooo onedimensional. Idk what was up with the goddess when we first met her, like wtf. Will see how this one plays out.
    Demon Slayer the new episode was cool looking, but that is no surprise.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Platinum End, I've heard that it's because the superhero is the most interesting God candidate. After he leaves the stage, the others just seem stale.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Jahy: LMAO the peppers. Seems like Jahy will be tormented by freeloaders, judging by the OP.
    canon finish apo vol 3

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Are we not getting a new Digimon episode this week? Anyone know what's up with that?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I loved seeing all the experimental artists come out for this episode of Blue Period. How is this show so good? I get the feeling that by the end of it I'm either going to bawling my eyes out, or cheering like a soccer hooligan. How do I care so much about these characters after only 4 episodes?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Demon Slayer: First ep was a fun look into Rengoku's character but if they're mostly straight recutting the movie I'll drop this and wait until the next season proper begins. Also I don't know if it's the series or the dub but some lines just straight-up weren't as funny in this version. "Why are you so big?" makes for a way funnier fourth-wall break than just "Where are you looking?"

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Demon Slayer is indeed starting with the movie turned into TV episodes with 70 new cuts and new music. The new arc starts in December

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    In terms of Platinum End, I've heard that it's because the superhero is the most interesting God candidate. After he leaves the stage, the others just seem stale.
    Interesting that this seems to shares the same "show becomes less interesting when the MC's main opposition leaves the stage" that Death Note also had. Seems the creators didn't manage to solve that issue
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Demon Slayer is indeed starting with the movie turned into TV episodes with 70 new cuts and new music. The new arc starts in December
    Ah, so it's Dragon Ball Super all over again.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs