Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2021 Edition - It's that time again.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game Episode 9: Not a whole lot to say today as it felt like a bunch happened yet at the same time not much simultaneously. The whole "time skipping" thing felt well executed in the moment but kinda didn't go anywhere afterwards? Like, I was expecting something along the lines of either Hiro's mounting stress and fear causing Gammamon to Dark Evolve or for Hiro to find some way to beat it since he's portrayed as being intelligent and finding ways around Digimon's attacks. We *finally* get some explanations surrounding the inconsistent "Ghost" nature of Digimon's materialisation although I don't see what was so spoiler-y about that that they couldn't just say it in the interview. Seeing Bokomon again was a nice surprise and I definitely prefer that to the more obvious Agumon Hakase. Felt pretty dumb of Ruli and company to just leave Hiro who is having strange problems but I did like that Angoramon immediately assumed Hiro was in danger as soon as the Digital Field appeared. "Gulus" appeared once again out of Gammamon just to remind us that he's there really. I definitely think Clockmon should have died here as it would have shown a consequence of tapping into Gulus and how Digimon fights are not a game - as it stands, befriending Clockmon was ultra cringe.

Next week is Kiyoshiro's time to shine and will we finally get to see one of the other hero's Evolutions?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    While I've been more positive towards Ghost Game than others, I gotta agree that I don't like the whole befriending Clockmon thing. Would've preferred if despite all efforts he died. Oh well
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

86 Episode 12: It's the second part of the show and the beginning wasn't in the novel. I like how Lena can just talk back to the guy because she's the only one that's actually doing their job and getting results. I didn't expect her to have any other people that supported her besides Annette though who's surprisingly talking to her at this point after what she did.
    That scene with Shin and his brother right before he woke up was just sad. Finding out he got his brother's personal mark just added on to that.
    I didn't expect Ernst to look like that, though I really can't think of any descriptions of him either.
    Frederica had a nice first appearance, she really is just a little girl when it comes down to it.
    The opening looks pretty cool, I like the part where the Juggernauts just fall down into the sky through the clouds of Legion.
    I didn't think the Vanagandr would be that color, but that's fine too.
    I wonder how the fights are going to be like since there was a lot of fighting in the volumes this is adapting, the constant delays are kind of concerning.

The title of the next episode just got straight to the point...

So this is how he looks like, you never get to actually see him.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Takt: Surprising no one, RIP.

Hair down Titan was slick. The smile bit got to me a little, and those end credits were rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Lupin III Episode 8: Definitely getting used to the new guy voicing Jigen now that he's had an episode to himself. So Jigen's famous revolver is damaged from old age/overuse and the gunshops in London don't have the parts available to fix it because its so ancient so Jigen has to be careful about shooting...right as he has to protect Lily from assassins. A pretty good episode overall and interestingly not classed as part of the "Lupin vs Sherlock" series despite Sherlock appearing in the episode. The most curious thing was Kenny's shadowy look at the end and I wonder if he's going to turn up in the present day as a rival to Jigen or something.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Finally, we have someone with small boobs in World's Finest Assassin. From what I understand, she's actually the oldest one, Dia.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunate. I send my condolences.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I really like Starter Town Smurf Apothecary for how the MC really, really doesn't want anything to do with the plot. Unfortunately I break out laughing every time they attempt fanservice, not because of any joke, but because they shine the female characters up so much it looks like they all have breast exclusive sunburns. Either that or women just glow at points of articulation in this universe.

I say it every week but AMAIM just being Code Geass with worse protag really hurts because it's actually animated really well for a mecha show. On the other hand Garandoll is basically Akiba Strip with shitty mechs, but the idea of having to play into your robots personality quirks in order to pilot it is really interesting, especially when the MC wants to avoid it like a reminder of his Chunni past.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 12th, 2021 at 01:39 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Ghost Game: budget continues to not go to fighting scenes. Which is weird for an episode focused on fighting. Jellymon's evolution was cool, though.

EDIT: also lol at Ginkakumon extending his controller to fight better. I don't think that's how it works, champ.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Ghost game’s production is sadly very fucked because they had little prep time. So, even if an episode requires fighting, sadly the staff will have a hard time delivering. It’s not any weird choice. It’s simply a result of production being fucked, so even if they try, this is what we get
    Last edited by bassgs435; December 12th, 2021 at 08:08 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries

Digimon Ghost Game Episode 10: This episode was very silly and I enjoyed it a lot. Nice to see Hiro's friend show up and actually be relevant to the episode's plot for once, even if it was just being a victim. Kinkakumon and Ginkakumon were an interesting choice and I wonder if Gin using a controller to "play" Kin was foreshadowing their Fused form where the roles reverse. Gammamon doing something to open the locked door was interesting...is it because of Gulus showing up last week, is Gammamon realising his potential as a Virus type by overriding the digital lock? Regardless it's Kiyoshiro's time to shine with his epic gamer skills summoning the Oni duo. I laughed at the fact that to protect his otaku room, Kiyoshiro's reflexes were so fast he activated the Digital Field before Kinkakumon's attack hit him. Unfortunately this is where the episode's weaknesses really rear their head, Kiyoshiro and Jellymon haven't really bonded since their debut episode due to the COTD episodic structure so I couldn't really buy their touching moment but nevertheless we finally get an Evolution that isn't related to Gammamon. I am mixed on TeslaJellymon's design but what really let it down was the "fight". Animation aside, the fight choreography in general was poor and I didn't get a strong sense of how she's meant to be different from regular Jellymon due to the battle ending in a single punch. Side note: I felt that Ruli/Angoramon really didn't need to be in this episode and just chewed up screentime, I get that you want to have all three humans together but you really don't need it for every episode.

Rudy must lay some of the worst pipe in history

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Mieruko: Mother of the Year, I see.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Takt: RIP Takt in advance. This was a gloomy episode full of fighting; feels bad that Walkure showed up to get knocked out like 5 minutes later. I have to say though, I definitely didn't expect the kiss.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Lupin III Episode 9: Definitely the best so far in terms of the standalone non-Sherlock related episodes. I really do like that they've been leaning more in Fujiko's "cat burglar" nature moreso than her femme fatal in order to give her a more active role than past seasons. The entire episode gave me One Piece vibes, especially Zeke looking suspiciously like Roger. My only real criticism was Goemon felt shoehorned into the episode and didn't do anything other than be someone Jigen can explain Lupin's plan to.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Takt: RIP Takt in advance. This was a gloomy episode full of fighting; feels bad that Walkure showed up to get knocked out like 5 minutes later. I have to say though, I definitely didn't expect the kiss.
    I don't really get why they knocked Walkure out. Was it because she was still loyal to the Symphonia and might not've believed them about stopping Sagan? Otherwise you'd think more allies would always be better, especially since Takt and Destiny are still barely hanging on. And seconded on that kiss. Given Anna felt more like a parent or big sister figure throughout, her feelings for Takt came really abruptly not to mention disrupting what felt like the much more obvious Takt x Destiny pairing.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Takt: Ohhhh. They're Heaven and Hell.

Duel 1, Let's Rock.

Edit: HA! Orpheus in the Underworld! Called it!

Much Later Edit: Oh no Assassin Isekai, what are you doing with those attacking knights? It's making me laugh more than the terrible supposed-to-be-sexy eyecatches. Did Overloard S3 put you up to this? You should stop hanging around them, they're a bad egg.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 16th, 2021 at 03:49 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Shaman King, knowing how the story ends, I will say this: One cannot truly defeat someone, like Hao, without the proper "stomach". For example, in Dies irae, one can only defeat Reinhard by becoming the same type of being as him, which is to say a soul stealer. In Tsukihime, one can only defeat Roa by not only be a professional killer but literally having the genetics of a clan of professional killers (also, "courting death" is a good powerup, but even Shaman King knows that).

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Jahy: What can I say except F?
    Paladin: Cool to see people with their own priorities and agendas. Also ​VIOLENCE
    canon finish apo vol 3

Isekai Shokudo S2 over. Even better than S1. Still reeally comfy show. The new characters are great and the new stories for the returning cast are also good. The finale was great. Man, I love this show
    YuYuYu DMnS over. It was a weird expansion pack to the Yuusha no Shou arc including rushed adaptations of the KuMeYu and NoWaYu LNs. I like what they tried to do here, but I'd have preferred new material or a full adaptation of one of them. That said, the last episode is still reccomended as a good epilogue episode to the whole YuYuYu story, set after the ending of YnS. Reading the LNs'd lead to a better experience
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: