Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415

Thread: Fall Anime 2021 Edition - It's that time again.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, since the year's now over and the Anime Awards will announce nominees in the next week or so, I went back over my MAL list to see what actually came out this year, and what might be my AOTY.

Turns out I've got about three big ones from almost every season this year. It boils down to Blue Period, Fruits Basket Final, Horimiya, Kageki Shoujo, Mars Red, Megalo Box 2, Oddtaxi, and Vivy. It's strange that even though the list was alphabetical, the shows split down the middle with the first half being visually less inventive but having characters so compelling that I almost cried by the end, and the later being the ones that has less invested characters but more compelling and intricate plots.

In the end, I'd probably give it to Vivy, for being the full package, great characters, great story, great animation, and an ending that manages to be both tragic and brimming with hope at the same time.

I'm really exicted to see what the Anime Awards actually think are the top representatives in every category, and being thoroughly disappointed when February comes around and MHA and JJK win everything.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Is Demon Slayer in the running? I feel Mugen Train TV which CR streamed can be a loophole to put Kimetsu in non-movie categories, even if the current arc belongs in 2022 awards. If that indeed is the case, KnY is also gonna be one of the CR winners. In the end, CR awards are glorified popularity polls, no different from other polls posted in Reddit like AniTreding or Anime Corner
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure it is, they let JJK in last year even though it was only half over at the time. And checking Wikipedia they even have S2 of Demon Slayer separated by arcs, So the part that's airing now would be something like S2 part 2. Probably to make it easier to sell BDs, S1, Movie, non-movie S2 parts.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Saihate no Paladin done. Doesn't make much use of it's isekai elements, but as a fantasy show it's great. I love seeing Will grow at the start with Mary, Blood and Gus at the start and his journey once he left has beein interesting to follow. World is pretty interesting, too. A decent show and will watch S2
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Paladin: Will is cured of his edge phase and kills a chimera with his Best Friend. This episode cleaned up, but it's a pity that the animation wasn't up to snuff for so long. Hopefully the second season gets more love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

World Trigger S3 over. Great season. The animation remains pretty great, and the matches are pretty exciting. Hyuse is a great addition to Tamakoma-2 in many ways. That final match was hype as hell to the very end. Loved seeing Chika develop and become able to shoot people. Ended with a to be continued. So even if S4 isn't confirmed, I hope it'll come someday. WT is truly an underrated shonen battle show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: