Thread: How on Earth am I supposed to beat Archetype Earth?

Blog Entries

How on Earth am I supposed to beat Archetype Earth?

I recently tried to beat Archetype Earth in versus thinking (foolishly) that my greatly improved skills with my main character, Kohaku.

Boy was I wrong.

It turns out the only characters that I can match her with is Satsuki (where I consistently win one round and lose the rest), and... Archetype Earth.

Spoiler:
    Satsuki is only useful against her because her glorious dash gets me close fast enough that I can get a few hits in during the recovery animation, then escape the inevitable onslaught. Other than that, she isn't much better than Kohaku for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to add that you should tone down the Fighter's Cant, I'm still just a newbie.
    Last edited by Cypher Attic; September 16th, 2021 at 03:35 PM.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

Blog Entries
    Okay, first: which moon are you using on Kohaku? She's a good setplay character, but fairly impenetrable for newbies, at least without too much game knowledge or practice. Not only that, Hime (Archetype Earth) is fucking bullshit. Her hitboxes and hurtboxes are wack, her flying ability has some janky logic behind it, and she's just a bitch of a character to fight. If you don't mind switching characters, I recommend playing F-Aoko, as she's great for beginners, being a mostly neutral character with easy execution and high damage. Otherwise, look up some tech online on sites such as Mizuumi, look up some matches of your character on stuff like Melty Games, and don't be afraid to hit training mode.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Okay, first: which moon are you using on Kohaku? She's a good setplay character, but fairly impenetrable for newbies, at least without too much game knowledge or practice. Not only that, Hime (Archetype Earth) is fucking bullshit. Her hitboxes and hurtboxes are wack, her flying ability has some janky logic behind it, and she's just a bitch of a character to fight. If you don't mind switching characters, I recommend playing F-Aoko, as she's great for beginners, being a mostly neutral character with easy execution and high damage. Otherwise, look up some tech online on sites such as Mizuumi, look up some matches of your character on stuff like Melty Games, and don't be afraid to hit training mode.
    C-Kohaku. (I usually play crescent moon characters, but not for any particular reason.) Usually I take advantage of her plants whenever I feel safe, but lately I've learned to rely more on her trusty light attack and cancelling the spinny part of her heavy broom attack into the heavy sword or the light attack.
    For me I've found C-Kohaku, C-Akiha, C-Roa, C-Nrvnqsr, and C-Ciel to be most fun to play. But I haven't exactly played all moon combinations for all chars (I don't recall playing F-Kohaku ever and only just played an actual game as Satsuki, for instance).

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try F-Aoko out like you recommend to see how it works. I've been playing for probably a few months, but I can tell based on research that my skills need massive improvement. For example: I knew from the start guard was important, but only recently started making a conscious effort to do it.

On a side note I noticed AE was weaker in the air, but it didn't really help me.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I think Velber Altera or a serious Gilgamesh could do it.

Blog Entries
    Shiny Corpus >>> Door of Babil

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You aren't supposed to beat her, you're supposed to DIE!
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    I think Velber Altera or a serious Gilgamesh could do it.
    Either Gun God, Sion, or Mash with Black Barrel.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    It took... some amount of respawns, but if I did it with Kouma everyone can!
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Either Gun God, Sion, or Mash with Black Barrel.
    Why not Ciel?

Oh right , remake, dunno if Ciel has it anymore.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    the below contains keyboard numpad notations, you will not be spared the fighting game lingo

Assuming you're talking about Arcade mode Eclipse Hime and not a random fhime guy on the meltycord; they share the same weakness in that their tools force them to float, and they are in a game where you cannot block ground normals while in the air. Satsuki 623c (the diagonal whirlwind throw) should destroy Eclipse Hime since she can't even gold shield it. If you can do that motion, that is. There are lots of other tools in the game that are air unblockable, Kohaku's 236[b] (the charged diagonal slash) is one.

Also spam Kohaku's j.b, it's actually an air to air that hime can't deal with, certainly not a non-human one.

Another strong tip: The CPU in melty is pretty messed up, sometimes it decides to just daigo parry everything, but it has a few weaknesses. It can't deal with meaties(hitting them as they are getting up), and it especially cannot deal with wake-up throw. Old arcade speedruns were just throwing the cpu over and over and making sure not to have too many perfects so that hime doesn't appear, it just didn't do damage fast enough.
    You have to wait 8 frames because it has that long a window of throw immunity after blocking/recovering on the ground, but you'll figure out the timing I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It took... some amount of respawns, but if I did it with Kouma everyone can!
    It ESPECIALLY cannot deal with invincible throws, yes. In Street Fighter the cpu knows to jump your throws, in melty it doesn't. I seem to recall fhime liking to break throws, but she can't do that with a command throw like Kouma's 214x or Satsuki's 236b/bite/arc drive. By the way, Kohaku also has a command throw on 63214. Throws that don't cost meter will probably get you mashed out of in pressure, but the cpu doesn't mash on wakeup.
    Last edited by Ratman; September 18th, 2021 at 05:01 PM.