Thread: Fate Stay Night & Fate Zero

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viņa del mar, chile)

Fate Stay Night & Fate Zero

Hello evryone, here I wanted to talk a little about somtehing that get a little split the fandom about Fate/Zero being cataloged as a Spin-off, we all know his but ome are still with reluctance.
    Fate/zero writed by the Great Urobutcher... sorry Urobochi Gen when he was a writter block, and Nasu supervised the Light Novel, saying to him that the fourth Holy Grail War was about
    Gilgamesh and Iskander bullyng Arturia.

Well is well know there are some incongruences between the Fate/Zero of Urobochi and the FSN of Nasu, so let's talk about this, but is well known that something apart of the liberty of Urobochi when
    Nasu accepted the wrting, we have to know this incongruences, and w have to accept that one of the most important things was respected, the only three times that Kiritsugu and Arturia exchanged words.

Now let's remember those times where F/Z was inconsistent with FSN

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Zero is the best Fate spinoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Well it's "Fate/Zero", not "Fate/Stay Night - Zero", so therefore it's a spin-off.

Joke aside, inconsistencies revolve mostly around Kirei, Saber, the ending stuff.
    Problem is that you don't know how much of what Saber and Kirei tell you about Zero in FSN is accurate.
    For example, Kirei at some point says he caused the fire to separate Kiritsugu and Saber. Because I guess he and Gil couldn't fight them together or something.
    Then you have Saber saying she saw Kiritsugu put a bullet through Kirei's heart.
    Then you have Kirei say Kiritsugu spared him.

The list goes on.
    Last edited by TheSkipRow; September 30th, 2021 at 05:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Not sure this topic belongs in the Translation forum, as it doesn't really have anything to do with translation work. The Anime/Manga/Merchandise/Doujin forum seems a whole lot more fitting. I'm not a mod though, so what do I know. *shrug*

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Didn't we figure out years ago that Zero is a separate time line, just so close to the F/SN fourth as to not matter in the long run?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Didn't we figure out years ago that Zero is a separate time line, just so close to the F/SN fourth as to not matter in the long run?
    Wasn't it pretty implied by Nasu in the afterward for Volume 1 of Zero?
    Yes. Zero is canon, but at the same time it is another legend different from ‘Fate/stay night’.

If we have to define it, it’s an extra part spin out of canon story. It's a unique leaf of a melody that Urobuchi Gen conducted from a completely Fate-ish trunk. Here, you don’t have to consider the content of the ‘Fate/stay night’ game. Only move the story according to your wishes, let the characters shown portray themselves to the fullest and rush towards the ending without regret.
    As for inconsistencies, I remember UBW or HF mentioning Iri (before she was named of course) & Illya staying behind in the castle, with Iri eventually dying there.
    Last edited by warellis; October 9th, 2021 at 08:24 PM.