Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast

Thread: (Bi)Monthly Rework-a-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Appearance
    "Servant, Uathach-Skadi, has descended here. Per Mother's instructions, I've modified my Saint Graph to fit a Servant of the Archer class. ... This is how a Santa greets Master, yes?"

Class: Archer
    True Name: Uathach-Skadi
    Height and Weight: 145 cm / 41 kg

Source: Celtic, Nordic mythology
    Region: Europe
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Sky

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Constitution: E
    Agility: A
    Magical Energy: B
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A

Biography
    Legend
    Uathach is the daughter (clone) of the immortal warrior-queen Scathach, ruler of the Land of Shadows and tutor to heroes. For some reason, she's currently running around in a lively manner as the "current-generation Santa Archer". What the heck?!

--Let me explain. Apparently, Uathach had mustered the strength of character to confront her mother about the circumstances surrounding her left in the dust as the Land of Shadows' housekeeper. Indeed, the time, place, and even atmosphere had all been splendidly prepared for that single moment. However, when the time came for the mother to make her entrance, the one who appeared was the Mother of a dead-end history.

Uathach, not yet knowing the difference between the two, launched into several impassioned speeches. Scathach-Skadi listened with a beatific smile, and at the end of it all, took the girl's hands, and said, "Why don't you try becoming who you want to be this time around? Something like... this year's Santa, maybe?" before leaving.

Thus, the Archer-class Servant, Uathach-Skadi was born. Bearing the goddess Skadi's authorities over hunting and archery to bear, she hunts down all naughty kids, protects all nice children, and makes it home before Christmas Eve! Or something like that.

Character
    Dislikes: Excessively loud parties, dogs
    Talent: Hunting, scrimshaw, dog walking

Unlike Scathach-Skadi, this Servant has the Heroic Spirit Uathach as its foundation, which is then imbued with some of the goddess Skadi's attributes; if there were any doubts to this, the mere fact that she manifested five months ahead of schedule to practice should be proof enough. Uathach possesses a confidence bordering on arrogance like usual, but thanks to Skadi's fear of being abandoned being mixed in, she became more emotive, and (extremely) conscious about how she comes off to others.

With regards to the desire to "become Santa", it isn't something Uathach-Skadi chose because the other Mother said so. Seen from a certain point of view, Santa Claus is a pioneer and genius in the fields of aeronautics, logistics, mass production, and psychology, and yet he still manages to place this vast intellect in the service of "making people happy". For Uathach, such a person is worthy not only of respect, but of emulation.

Relationships
    Master
    Given that she already has someone pulling her sleigh, Uathach-Skadi treats the Master more kindly that most Santa Servants, viewing them as an indispensable reference on "how to become a Santa".

Scathach
    "Ha... Hawawawawawawa! It's the real-deal, one hundred percent authentic Mother! Master, please hide me! I can't-- I can't let her see me like thiiis!"

Scathach-Skadi
    "The other Mother is really something... She changes her mind so quickly, and keeps everyone at arm's length despite not wanting to be alone! Sometimes it feels like I'm supposed to be the parent in this relationship..."

Hessian Lobo, Barghest, Samuel Balto
    "Oi! So this is where you've been hiding, you mangy mutt! Break time is over; get back in formation right this instant! --Eh? You're not one of mine? Kyaaaaaa! Please forgive me please forgive me please forgive me--"

Hektor
    "I read up on all the previous-generation Santas in preparation for this role, and I must say that Mister Hektor probably got the shortest stick out of all of them. Maybe I should accompany him on one of his deliveries... Hm? 'That's uncharacteristically gracious of you'? Well... Christmas is a time for people to be happy, yes? I simply see no reason why Santa should be lonely while doing his deliveries."
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: C+
    Skill that grants protection against magical effects. Cancels spells with a chant below two verses, but cannot defend against magecraft on the level of greater magecraft and Greater Rituals. The plus correction is applied by using Rune Magecraft.

Independent Action: EX (C)
    The ability to act independently for a period even if Magical Energy supply from the Master is severed. The rank is effectively C, but Uathach-Skadi ordered it to be displayed as EX upon realizing that this is the first time she's snuck around behind her mother's back.

Goddess Divine Core: C
    Skill that expresses one being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from changing no matter how much calories are absorbed.

Uathach's potential as a goddess was awakened after being bestowed with some of the goddess Skadi's authorities; namely, those of archery and skiing. While the latter thought she was being gracious with this gift, the former saw it as "foisting off her less-charming points".

Personal Skills
    Potential of the Haunted Realm (Santa): A+++
    Ability to learn skills at an increased rate. Allows Uathach to learn and subsequently display any Skill at B rank, except for those skills which may be considered burdens to the body, such as Divinity. However, the latter restriction is lifted when it comes to Skills deemed "necessary for being a Santa". The plus corrections demonstrate Uathach-Skadi's eagerness to "become a good Santa".

Rune Magecraft: A
    Skill that denotes one having possession of Runes - the Magic Crest of Northern Europe. Uathach specializes in the Irish runic alphabet, Ogham, a fact that remained even as she obtained attributes of the goddess Skadi. Her skill in ogham allows her to inscribe runes almost instantaneously, something even her mother finds too bothersome to venture into. Other than its conventional usage, Uathach-Skadi also employs this Skill in booby trapping her hunting grounds to catch game and deter intruders.

Yule Boar: B
    A bizarre mutation of the Saint's Gift skill possessed by Santa Servants. Rather than gladdening hearts through gift-giving, it's a Skill that does so by "cooking food". Rather than presentation or technique, this Skill's true strength lies in its ability to render all types of game animal meats "safe for consumption". Now, whether or not said meat becomes "palatable" is another matter entirely.

Incidentally, Uathach-Skadi's most preferred type of meat to prepare is that of the Krichat', while her least favorite is that of the Gazer.

Huntress of the Wintry Woods: B
    A skill that represents Uathach's inherited attributes as the goddess of archery and skiing Skadi. Though it should be impossible to pass on such concepts to another, Scathach-Skadi was able to impart these attributes to her Greater Human History self's daughter as the three of them essentially possess "the same body". Be that as it may, the limitation preventing the Skill's rank from being raised remains.

Sublime archery and concealment skills as befitting the Nordic goddess of hunting, it commands the land itself to guide and protect the hunter, hiding her visage and muffling her steps until the opportunity for the ideal shot presents itself. The effect of this Skill is greatly diminished outside forested and snowy areas.

Noble Phantasms
    Jolnir Crann: Banquet of Hounds
    Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 4-10
    Max targets: 1 person

The Yule Tree-- Uathach's first Noble Phantasm, transmuted to suit her new office. Although its current form is that of a bow made of hawthorn wood, its function is actually closer to that of a wand; the flaming arrows that are its ammunition are actually the crystallization of the target's fear of "being shot". Naturally, Servants who possess certain Skills and Noble Phantasms that alleviate (if not outright nullify) this fear can resist this Noble Phantasm with ease.

Incidentally, the concept that bridges this Noble Phantasm to the original is the Yule log. As the Yule log stands as an emblem of light and safety amid the cold, dark, and cruel winter, so this Noble Phantasm stands as a blazing, fearsome tree that castigates those who would profane the holiest of nights.

Wild Hunt Alternative: Fearsome Host Wassailing with Death
    Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 20-40
    Max targets: 100 people

The horde of wild dog spirits that appears at night; the Wild Hunt of northern European mythology. Or something exceedingly close to it; Uathach-Skadi remains cagey on this Noble Phantasm's specifics. One theory making its rounds is that Skadi's attribute as a goddess of the hunt reacted with Uathach's own attribute of "the hawthorn where hounds gather", resulting in her being able to call upon these ethereal mutts at her discretion.

Performance-wise, it's your garden-variety army summoning Noble Phantasm. However, than a true summoning, it would be more accurate to say that Uathach-Skadi becomes the hawthorn that "gathers" these spirits of wood and winter and gives them their canid physical forms. The hounds' attacks are physical and inflict normal damage, but they are also capable of striking incorporeal creatures.

It's a secret jealously guarded by Uathach-Skadi, but apparently the hounds' nature as winter spirits makes them excellent reindeer substitutes.
    Author's Notes
    Link to the original sheet

This was supposed to be my entry for last month's contest, but IRL constraints got the better of me (even now), so here you go. A Santa Servant in July. Scenario-wise, I'd envision Uathach-Skadi in a Home Alone-style Christmas event where she tries to booby-trap all of Chaldea in case some disaster happens (as it usually does), only this time, it's those same traps that nearly ruin the festivities. She'd team up with other Servants to make things right, resulting in a still-merry Christmas celebration.

Anyway. Ciao.
    Last edited by Nuclear; September 15th, 2022 at 04:59 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    making a santa servant in northern summer is a chad move like making a southern summer servant in northern winter
    even the mere mentions of your Singularity ideas are enough to sell me. An Uathach Home Alone Singularity would be hilarious, i love it. Singularity King Nuclear.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries

❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣
    l a n c e r
    POPPAEA SABINA
    beloved of all roma, lancer of imperial adoration

“My greetings, O people of Chaldea! Consider yourselves blessed, for in your midst stands the most beautiful woman in all of Roma, the most beloved wife of Nero Claudius, the gorgeous flower Poppaea Sabina herself!"
    Alternate Class: Ruler(?)
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Image VA: Imai Asami
    Image Song: Distance
    Natural Enemy: Aggripina

« Parameters »Parameters
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: B
    MAG: C
    LUK: B

NP: C

« Lore »Lore
    Poppaea Sabina was the second wife of the Roman emperor Nero - albeit the term wife may be something of a misnomer. In truth, the emperor kept a wide harem of both men and women, though it was commonly accepted that the emperor's current favourite served as her spouse in all but name. A woman of exceptional beauty and a calculating mind, she eventually maneuvered her way into the emperor's bedchamber over the course of two marriages and from there, began exploiting her looks to gain power and influence within Rome. While some accounts cast her as driven solely by power, and others portray her as an ally to the Jews of Rome, there is one clear indication. Poppaea Sabina was a schemer, there appeared no end to her ambition...

At least, that is how she is remembered. This incarnation of the woman bears little resemblance to the vixen depicted in popular history, more concerned with her own beauty and above that, her love for the emperor Nero. The pride she bears as the woman Nero chose to keep at her side, the woman Nero kept closest, the woman whose apparent death Nero mourned to the point of insanity, has apparently driven any other concerns from her mind. And why not?

To the people, the emperor was「Rome」and Rome was 「the World.」

As the woman who enchanted the World and stole her heart...

What could she be, if not the fairest of all?
    “Fufufu… You need not speak, Praetor, for I see the question forming in your eyes; you can’t understand why a woman like me would be summoned as a Lancer, is that it? Then consider, is Lancer not the class best suited to be conquered by Saber? If my beloved has decided the Saber class is her ideal, then surely 「the class weakest to Sabers」 must be mine!”

« Skills »Skills
    Magic Resistance EX
    Cancels spells of A rank or below, providing protection to the extent that one is all but untouchable to the Magi of any era, and the Servant can be considered effectively a 「Magus Killer.」 While the word 「cancel」 is used, it would be more accurate to say Lancer’s Servant Graph outrights 「annihilates」 magical interference of any kind, making her immune to even the likes of beneficial healing or transportation Magecraft. At a rank far more impressive than her beloved’s own, even calling her untouchable seems to sell her short. As to what business a young woman of fairly undistinguished birth has having a rank so high, Lancer explains:
    “Even in this age, it’s common sense that one shouldn’t touch what isn’t theirs, no? Let it be known that my body – every inch of my flesh from my golden locks to my tender wrists to my supple bosom to the very tips of my delicate toes – belongs only to Emperor Nero of Rome! This skill is the proof of my vow to her, that none other shall ever have me. However… As you’ve been so kind in summoning me and making a reunion possible for us, I will make an exception in your case, Praetor. When I next meet my beloved, you may kiss my hand.”

Golden Rule (Body) A
    A skill that denotes the possession of a natural and perfect goddess-like body, preserving beauty. Poppaea Sabina was consecrated following her untimely death, so it is only natural she possesses the genuine body of a 「Goddess,」a being that merits the worship of mortals as a given.

Her beauty is such that it can be considered a fundamental truth, to the point the World is loath to intrude upon it; whether she be splashed with mud, subject to adverse weather, even against all logic be attacked, it is irrelevant. Lancer’s body is, after all, 「a body that deserves the love of Nero.」 She will never be dirty or unkempt. Her flawless skin will never be scratched, must less broken. Hers is a beauty that by definition lesser beings lack the right to tarnish.

More than that, it could be said Lancer’s body rejects the idea of 「modification」outright; having had her beauty judged worthy by the Emperor and dying whilst still young and beautiful, she has accepted her appearance as 「an existence that shouldn’t improve from now on.」

Extended exposure also has a paralysing effect, seemingly from Lancer’s sheer beauty alone. Once one has regarded her visage, any who wish her ill may find themselves unable to move upon acting to harm her. Even closing one’s eyes does not appear to protect from this 「petrification,」if the individual still views her with their mind’s eye. Only a Mana rank of B and above can protect against this in its entirety.
    “Fufufu! Exquisite, no? Most Desirable Lancer in all Chaldea? Most Wanted Wife of all Roma? But sorry~! Too bad! You can’t fall for me~ Because I’m going to marry Nero-sama~ ♥”

The Emperor’s Ear A
    Poppaea Sabina was a shrewd woman, charming, and intelligent—who used her attributes to gain power and who lost everything by cultivating the ruthless emperor Nero… Or at least, that is how common history records her, the same history that erroneously records Nero as a man and anything less than the greatest emperor Rome ever knew.

The Emperor’s Ear does not refer to the devious consort who has the ear of Rome’s ruler, but the kind-hearted soul that offered her ear to all the emperor’s worries, the ones no-one else was worthy to hear. More than anything else, this skill represents the boundless joy Poppaea Sabina felt at being the confidant for the woman she loved most in the world, allowing her to endure any hardship as she awaits their reunion.

Also indicates her nature as a great listener and, while she considers her heart taken, she will happily do what she can to soothe those in distress, almost like a mother. More than just easing one’s trouble, curses and other ‘debuffs’ are absorbed into Lancer and then dispelled by the effects of Golden Rule (Body). With a talent in 「pillow talk」attested to by the Emperor herself, she soothes a person’s fears and frustrations with an open heart and a warm, gentle hug.
    “Of course, it’s a different matter if I touch you. My everything already belongs to Nero-sama, so I already know it doesn’t mean anything. And anyway… Those nights where she’d cuddle up close to me, tease my hair between her fingers, cup my cheek and whisper all the words no-one else was allowed to hear…? They are my greatest treasures. So! I have to keep working on my pillow talk, or else my skills will get rusty! The next time Nero-sama and I are under the covers, I refuse to disappoint her.

Hm? Oh, you wonder what worries someone as wonderful as her could have had?
    Not telling~”

Matar Kubeleya C
    Mother Mountain.」

A divine power that has taken root in Lancer’s Saint Graph. Although she was incorporated into the imperial cult following her apparent first death, the exact details of Lancer’s worship are unknown. Perhaps in an attempt to rectify this, then, she has been elevated to being a goddess of something. Common sense, really, when she’s already been acknowledged as a 「genuine Goddess」by the only opinion that matters.

The power she invokes is clearly that of another goddess worshiped behind closed doors, but pilfering the divinity of foreign gods is par the course anyway. Matar Kubeleya bestows on Lancer a small portion of a limited, mixed Authority over various concepts relating to agriculture and the landscape – to be more precise, she can call upon 「the power to move earth」that allows for the creation of mountains and walls.

Immense, glittering fortifications are her specialty, typically incorporating busts of the great Emperor herself into the design regardless of the practicality. And while it is not in her nature, so too can she focus her will to forge great spears of marble and stone. Simpler designs, betraying the stress it puts upon her to turn her skills to aggression. This, in its own small way, helps secure her the class of Lancer.

“The later generations conjured some fairytale about my love, did they not? About the hills of Rome, and them being the heads of a beast? Then it’s only natural I, too, have a link to hills and mountains! And after I already moved the Underworld to reunite with Nero-sama, it’s only natural I move the Earth too ♥ Fufu~ Before I meet her again, I’ll have to create a sculpture. A great new Mount Olympus, with a spot for us two at the top.”

« Noble Phantasm »Noble Phantasm
    Ollia Redivivus
    Even from the Gates of Death, I Will Return to You
    Rank C
    Anti-Unit

The most memorable feature of Poppaea Sabina’s legend, and her relationship with the emperor Nero. That is, her 「resurrection.」

One day under mysterious circumstances, Poppaea Sabina simply dropped dead. Some imagined she was poisoned. Others dared venture Nero herself had killed her in a fit of rage. Whatever the case, no-one could mistake the toll losing her took on the emperor. For the woman who loved beauty with all her being, the tragedy of seeing so fine a flower scattered in its prime must have been too much to bear. Grieving her, consecrating her, awaiting the impossibility of her return…

Until one day, that desire was granted.

With the same lack of aplomb as she had left this world, one day Poppaea appeared before her emperor once again, and the two were reunited. All was as it was before – no, a thousand times greater, Nero parading her favourite flower through the streets as if they were to be wed, keeping her close at all times, even ensuring Poppaea was one of the four who accompanied her on that fateful night she took her own life. It was Poppaea, and no other, to whom the emperor turned as she carried out her last rites.

Summoned from beyond the grave, one truth remains constant. Not even death can keep the two of them parted.

「Thrice-Setting Sun.」 The power to revive one’s self after death. While Lancer considers herself beneath her sweetheart in every way, this may be the case in which she outstrips her.

This is the power of 「resurrective immortality.」Lancer cannot die, regardless of what means her enemies might employ against her. By curses, by blades, by poison, by magic… No matter how valiant the attempt, her forthcoming revival cannot be averted. That is because 「Poppaea Sabina came back from the dead」is a Truth acknowledged by the embodiment of Roma, carved into Lancer’s soul.

Until she reunites with her love, she will live on.

And even when they meet again, she will continue to live.

For as long as the emperor desires her, then Lancer will endure anything for her.

« Craft Essence »
    Looking back, it must have been that night where everything changed.
    Not that I knew it then. It all seemed so ordinary.
    I was in bed with the emperor, with the rest of her harem scattered around us in whatever poses she'd left them in.
    As ever the woman reeked of wine and whatever foreign muck she'd managed to get her hands on.
    But I was in luck. Usually she'd spend a few hours pressing herself against me and gurgling nonsense at my ear before she finally passed out, but it seemed all that wine had worked its magic for once.
    Needless to say, I didn't feel a bit of guilty when I decided to sneak away and enjoy some fresh air.
    Only she grabbed me. Seized me, really, even in her sleep, with both her arms around mine. Can you believe it? The most powerful woman in Rome, clinging to someone like me as if her life depended on me staying...
    So I did. I crawled back into bed with the emperor, let her rest her head on my chest, and drifted off listening to her breathing.
    Come to think of it... That was probably the first time I ever felt like 「Poppaea Sabina.」
    What? No, that doesn't make any sense. I
    am Poppaea Sabina. What have I been saying? I...
    I am Poppaea Sabina. I am the most beautiful woman in Rome.
    I am Poppaea Sabina. I am the emperor's wife.
    I am Poppaea Sabina. I live to be a beautiful flower at her side.
    I am...
    I...

???

First Ascension
    Second Ascension
    Third Ascension

p r e t e n d e r
    SPORUS = ATTIS
    masterpiece of all roma, pretender of imperial pretension

“So, Poppaea gave out sooner than expected. That's... unfortunate, but. No, now that I think about it, it's better this way. Allow me to introduce myself properly this time, Praetor. I am Nero Claudius Sporus, property of the greatest emperor our people ever knew. From one person who's tasted her love to another, please know that no matter what happens from now on, you have my utmost respect."

Alternate Class: NONE
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Image VA: Ono Kensho
    Image Song: River / 落園
    Natural Enemy: Tristan

« Parameters »Parameters
    STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MAG: A
    LUK: E

NP: C

« Lore »Lore
    Nero Claudius Sporus was a freedman and third "wife" of the Roman emperor Nero, following the death of Poppaea Sabina. On account of his feminine face and marked resemblance to the deceased Poppaea, he was presented to the emperor as little more than a gift – less than that, even, a tool to help ease her grief. By this point Nero's mind had already fallen into decline, the end result of the poison given to her by her mother constantly taking its toll. She accepted the boy Sporus and, with so little effort, convinced herself that this truly was Poppaea having come back from the dead, surely a sign of just how beloved she was that such a pretty flower would conquer death just for her.

Deluded and desperate, the emperor clothed Sporus in the garb of a woman, paraded him through the streets like a bride, and in all the ways that mattered, treated him another wife. Even on her deathbed, with Sporus as one of her few companions in those final moments, she never saw him as anything but a replacement, never called him anything but 「Poppaea.」 While no records exist prior to his first meeting with Nero, and in all likelihood Sporus was not his real name, the fact remains that the name Sporus does exist in the historical record. More than that, none save Nero herself ever believed he was Poppaea reborn. Both these facts alone would disqualify one from the Pretender class.

To the people, the emperor was「Rome」and Rome was 「the World.」

As the boy who deceived the World and himself...

What could he be, if not a Pretender?
    "It's been a long time since I had to speak as myself, so forgive me if I struggle at first. I (boku)... Let's try that again, I (atashi) realise I'm not worthy of any other class, so to be a Pretender suits me just fine. I can't help feeling at home in a class built for deceivers."

« Skills »Skills
    Divine Core of the Mutilated God EX
    Mystery cults remain among the more curious aspects of classical religion. Obscure by intention, one recurring element of the Greco-Roman world’s scattered cults is the concept of 「reenactment.」

By repeating the actions of a divine, one ritually became them.

The third wife of Nero was no priest, and yet.

A「beautiful boy」who 「ceased to be a man.」
    A 「disfigured youth」who 「died for love.」
    A 「beloved consort」who 「came back from the dead.」

This is not only the tale of Sporus. These are the elements of 「Attis,」Phyrgian god of youth, vegetation, and resurrection. When the youth Sporus, at the end of a life ill-lived, attempted to kill himself, he and Attis became synonymous. The 「two」 became 「one,」 new life entered into the body of Sporus = Attis, and he drew breath once more.

Just as the delusions of Nero could not make Sporus and Poppaea one and the same, the two are not identical, even while Attis and Sporus occupy the same space, the same body, the same name. Sporus adopts the power of Attis, while Attis in turn adopts the will of Sporus. Having taken in Attis’ Divine Core, then, Sporus has obtained a body that cannot die.

That is how Zeus blessed Attis following his death, imbuing him with the power of resurrection – or as a modern observer might understand it, injecting him with medical nanites.

They run through his veins now, ensuring that the moment vital signs cease, he will be revived immediately. Thus Pretender creates the illusion of the Noble Phantasm Ollia Redivivus while acting as Poppaea Sabina. This act of resurrection, however, requires a great deal of energy, meaning while Lancer can seemingly return to life any number of times, this is in reality the result of Pretender’s nanites cannibalising his Noble Phantasm to fuel the effect, and by the very fact he’s been forced to manifest in his true appearance, Pretender acknowledges he only has the power left to sustain a single 「resurrection.」

“If only people knew just how easy it is to aspire to the divine. Although, I truly am thankful to Attis for all he's done for me. If I had to describe him, he's... Slow, is probably the right word. Slow, but kind. It can take him hours to form a sentence, if not days, but his words have always been overflowing with kindness, and even if he sometimes doesn't grasp my relationship with the emperor, that's never stopped him from offering his support. I can only hope you, too, will find such a companion one day, Praetor."

Imperial Privilege EX
    A special prerogative that allows the holder to insist on holding skills that they otherwise would not. Clearly something Sporus should not possess. To claim skills one has no right to requires 「ego,」and it is precisely 「ego」he suppressed as a Pretender to play the role of Nero’s wife reborn. This, then, can be assumed to be the influence of Nero on his Saint Graph. 「Obviously Poppaea must have this ability, to be worthy of me!」or some such logic.

Incidentally, one theory as to the identity of Sporus was that he may have been of noble birth. Under this assumption, the humiliations he suffered at the emperor’s behest were neither acts of love nor cruelty, but Nero removing a potential challenger.

Of course, none who know the emperor could think her capable of that.

But a bastard child of the Claudians, passed off as a freedman by the senators, who hoped to gain influence over the emperor through him…

Regardless, Pretender will speak nothing of his life before the emperor. And while Nero’s influence is unmistakable, so too is the presence of something else. The meaningless authority of the boy who was, through that sham marriage, for the briefest time technically 「an empress of Rome.」Allows for Sporus – and through him, the apparition of Poppaea Sabina – to manifest abilities he feels should be available for him to serve as 「the love of Nero.」These are Presence Concealment, Courtier’s Charm, Harp Performance, Subversive Activities, Riding, and Stage Actress.
    "Before you ask, I am Sporus, and naught else. Before Sporus I was nothing, because Sporus is nothing. It's precisely because I'm nothing that she was able to create Poppaea atop of me -- the empty, irrelevant me has always been whatever the emperor required. That fact hasn't changed, even now."

Stella Coronam B
    「Crown of Stars.」

When Attis fell, this was the celestial tiara placed upon him by the mother goddess Cybele. The heavens themselves were set on his head to crown him, symbolising the fifth platonic element, 「aether.」Later generations would go on to add additional stellar imagery into the cult of Attis, while at the same time incorporating elements from the expanding Christian faith, until Attis became a god of the sun and moon, the sky above, a god of the Milky Way, that river flowing from the 「world of intellect」to the 「world of material forms」 inhabited by Man.

The role of Attis as representative from the world of higher intelligence may be a later addition from the emperor Julian's Orations, but it is a portion of his Authority nonetheless.

In these writings, Attis serves as representative to the divine descended to the world of Man, retaining the full force of his divinity as he shows them the path to enlightenment, how to escape the material and ascend back up to Logos, to the realm of the first mover.

The Crown of Stars is a Mystic Code dating back to the Age of Gods. Or, if one wishes to dispel the Mystery of it, a 「Remote Imaginary Matter Manipulation Cranial Implant」created by the Machine Gods of ancient Greece. A small component of their power over the material world, scaled down for the use of mortals, able to independently compute the complex equations involved in manipulating immaterial matter on behalf of the user. Another gift from the gods to the boy Attis, whose resurrection they ushered in.

A tool that permits Sporus command over the element of aether – what the ancients called aether, at least, better known to modern Magi as the Fifth True Theoretical Factor and its lesser kin, the elements of Ether and Void – imposing his will directly upon the substanceless substance and imparting form on the formless. He can through this manifest from 「nothing」the other four Great Elements or, if he so wishes, arrange it into any material he’s able to conceptualise, in what may resemble a marked improvement on the Projection Magecraft of the current era. The death of Attis at his own hand symbolises the supremacy of 「mind」 over 「matter.」「Form」 is but a servant of 「will,」object existing as the subject demands.
    “Even with the Crown doing all the work, there’s a lot of technique involved, looking at empty space and imagining what it would be like if it had shape, or texture. Thankfully, I feel confident declaring I understand Void better than anyone. Such is yet another gift our emperor bestowed on me.”

Drifting Will C
    Similar to Mental Pollution, it is a skill that represents a fundamentally fractured mentality. The best Pretenders, after all, are those who lose themselves completely in their role. Deep within the body of Lancer, exists the body of Pretender, as hidden within the vapid veneer of Poppaea Sabina resides the ugly truth of Sporus. Drifting Will refers paradoxically to Pretender’s power to attain a state of 「」while in the guise of Lancer, yet also indicates that in the midst of all that Void, 「Sporus」 continues to exist.

Because his mind remains trapped in that state of existing whilst not existing, Poppaea Sabina is protected against all efforts to manipulate her will or consciousness, on the basis that she in reality doesn’t have either, and simulating her artificial personality limits Sporus’ mental「processing power」to the point he deflects attempts to interfere with his mind by being too distracted to acknowledge them.

The accumulated burden of a boy living as a grown woman likewise makes it difficult to come to any sort of understanding with him. Trying to read Lancer or Pretender’s body language is an exercise in futility, their combined-yet-undefined wills too bizarre to make sense of. Likewise is examining the thoughts of Sporus wasted; only a fellow Pretender could make sense of the haze in that head, where 「I am Poppaea」 and 「I am Sporus」overlap each second before the former crushes the latter.

That individual called Sporus is a dour, devoted young man, of limitless patience. He enjoys tragedies, grisly horror, and bittersweet endings. His secret shame is his weakness to wine.

And he does not exist.

Surprisingly, the 「mental fog」of Pretender’s mind expands outwards from his body, eroding information relating to Sporus before it takes root. Similar to Information Erasure, memories relating to Sporus as an individual in his own right are fundamentally fragile, to the point most will simply forget he exists at all after a minute outside of his presence, Poppaea Sabina filling the resultant mental gap.

Furthermore, despite both Sporus and Nero existing in Chaldea, it seems they’ve… yet to actually meet. As if the moment Pretender’s Master – or any other Servant, for that matter – attempts to bring the presence of Sporus or Poppaea Sabina to the emperor’s attention, it 「just so happens to slip their mind…」

Perhaps he’s still preparing for their reunion.
    “My internal narrative isn’t all that interesting, on the off chance you’re curious. Most days it was just self-critique, oh, Poppaea probably wouldn’t think that far ahead before she spoke orah, next time I’ll cant my head a little bit more to the left, the emperor seemed to like that, stuff along those lines. I used to perform in my spare time, did you know? Before it all became automatic, practicing my craft was the only pleasure I got in the palace.

Also, that King of Heroes… I suspect he realises my intentions, so why doesn’t he do anything? Why does he allow things to play out if he knows how it will end? Oh, don’t bother yourself with my ramblings, Praetor. It’ll be easier for us both that way.”

« Noble Phantasm »Noble Phantasm
    Poppaea Sabina
    Once Adored, Now Disgraced
    Rank D
    Anti-Self
    A genuine masterpiece of high thaumaturgy utterly unsurpassed in the time of Rome, a testament to the most beautiful tyrant Rome ever knew’s boundless capacity for delusion, and what the uninitiated will only recognise as the Servant Lancer, Poppaea Sabina.

Rather than being Pretender’s Noble Phantasm, it is a Noble Phantasm devised by the great Nero Claudius herself, with a Servant incidentally attached. It is what qualifies him as a Pretender, what disqualifies him from any other class, and what robbed him of any hope of living a normal life.

Any who have seen Nero’s Aestus Domus Aurea will understand how easily the woman can impress her will on the World. If she believed that the young man tossed into her harem was Poppaea, then Poppaea he was. It didn’t matter if his face was a tad too boyish, his chest too light, for she had already decided that this was 「Poppaea,」and so Poppaea he was.

「No, Poppaea looked a little more like…」
    「Poppaea doesn’t use words like…」
    「Poppaea would never…」

Bit by bit, Nero Claudius put her consort back together, every stray thought a brushstroke on the unworthy canvas called Sporus. And so created her greatest work, fiction she isn’t even aware she spun.

Poppaea Sabina is best defined as an advanced Bounded Field that seals off Pretender’s body from the World and fills in the resulting 'hole' with a projection of Poppaea Sabina. Due to the heavily-idealised picture Nero began to hold of the woman after her death however, the form Lancer takes bares little resemblance to the original figure, and can best be seen as a platonic ideal of what 「Nero’s wife」 should be.

In a sense Sporus has been reduced to the operating system on which the program titled Poppaea Sabina runs. Trapped in his own body, he cannot take actions – cannot even form consciousthoughts outside the purview of how Nero believes Poppaea Sabina should act. Which is to say, his personality consists entirely of 「being beautiful」and 「loving Nero.」All while the simulated Poppaea has no idea that she is anything but the genuine article, a woman who came back from the dead to reunite with the love of her life.

Still the will of Sporus is strong. Sealed deep within Lancer, he serves as a subconscious impulse, guiding her to act as he directs her. A boon then that the Poppaea as Nero re-envisioned her is so averse to introspection, that she does not question the things she does at Pretender’s instruction.

Meanwhile, the presence of Attis has a marked effect on this Noble Phantasm. This is because the god’s Divine Core exists 「inside」the Bounded Field, influencing it from within. The woman closest to Attis, who would have his Core so close to her chest… Surely that is
    Cybele, the Phyrgian mother goddess. By his presence alone, Attis distorts Lancer’s body, causing her to take on elements of the goddess he serves as consort to. A Mystic Face of Petrification similar to the powers of Gorgon, along with a limited portion of Cybele’s Authority over the earth.

The structure of the Bounded Field is unbelievably complex, if impractical, creating a lattice-like, interlocked boundary even an exemplar of the Caster class would struggle to unravel. Likewise, due to the amount of mana invested in it, is Pretender able to use it as a means to fuel his medical nanites and maintain the illusion of Poppaea’s near-immortality – even if this invariably leads to structural damage and the eventual collapse of the Bounded Field, restoring it is but a matter of Sporus intentionally suppressing his own sense of self, as he did for the emperor so long ago, and using a small amount of mana to 'jump-start' its reactivation. Because Nero has already judged it to be perfect, the body of Poppaea automatically rejects external influence from all save the emperor herself, allowing the Lancer Poppaea Sabina to simulate Magic Resistance and Golden Rule (Body) of the highest calibre.
    “To be a man trapped in a woman’s body or vice-versa is a terrible experience, Praetor, and not one I’d wish on anyone.

As for the original Poppaea, I don’t suppose you’d be surprised if I told you she was nothing like this? In the early days – before the emperor gave me this gift – I’d spend hours speaking with the palace servants and other members of the harem, or reading through Poppaea’s letters, trying to get into character. She was a remarkable woman, shrewd as they say, wise, could easily qualify as a Ruler, but full of feeling, too. She wanted to be a force for good in Rome, so it could be a better place for Otho, her first husband, and the children they’d have – and oh, how they loved each other. Even a wretch like me could see that.

And the emperor only remembers her as this. It would have been more dignified if we’d just dug her up and paraded her body through the streets.”

Pluto et Proserpina

Of Beloved Tyrants, Make a Beautiful End
    Rank C
    Anti-King
    A ring depicting the play of the same name, a personal favourite of the emperor Nero. Likewise is it the play Vitellius, a later aspirant to her throne, saw fit to cast Sporus in after her death, in the role of Proserpina – the implications of Sporus as the woman set upon a decadent deathly king plain to see. More importantly it is this ring that Sporus – still in the guise of Poppaea – is said to have presented to Nero in the later years of her reign. A gift the woman who embodied all Roma could not understand, that became one of the initial ill omens of her downfall.

「What… is this, Poppaea?」
    「A gift, my love. One you deserve more than any other.」

And that concept of 「Downfall」 remains firm even now. By presenting the ring to an individual, Pretender bids it to seal itself upon their finger, and for so long as it remains there, Pluto et Proserpina imposes the idea of「a tyrant’s fall」 against the unlucky wearer. An Anti-Elite, Anti-Imperial, Anti-King Noble Phantasm, those afflicted will begin to suffer from bouts of paranoia, of intense headaches, of an inclination to give in to their most decadent impulses.

In short, they will reenact the end of Nero.

The more these symptoms worsen, the closer the victim draws to their end, until eventually, one by one, the very aspects that make them a hero will begin to decline. Parameters slowly drop until they hit E- rank, skills decay until they are invariably sealed, and by the end even a Servant’s Noble Phantasm will steadily, surely begin to rot away. This effect deepens in speed and intensity the greater the disparity between Pretender and his target, with those significantly above him in social status experiencing the worst of what Pluto et Proserpina can do.

« ??? »The Untold Tale of Sporus
    Everything could have been fine, if not for that night.
    If enabling one woman’s madness was to be his duty, then he could do it, for Rome.

Hating her like any other idiot would have been easy. He certainly had the grounds. If he could have just hated her, that might have been better. Everything went wrong after that night, because that night, he realised…

He「loved」her.

“The emperor’s love is so selfish. The emperor’s love is so pure. Her love demands everything and gives nothing. She has burned me, destroyed me, denied me… And I have never felt so cared for.”

And yet…

“Why do the masses not rejoice in that? No-one loves the people of Rome more than her, but they don’t see that at all. All they do is celebrate her when it suits them, as if she heaps festivals and finery on them just to win their approval. As if their feelings for her could waver any second. Don’t they appreciate how deep her love for Rome runs? Does… Does not a soul in Rome understand her?”

To the boy Sporus, losing himself by the day, that seemed so terribly lonely. Then…

“Then, my emperor. Please don’t worry. I promise, no matter what it takes, I will 「love」you as you have loved me.”

The mask Nero had affixed to his face was a true work of art. Few doubted the words of a beautiful woman as she spread her web about the people.
    In the streets…
    “Did you hear the emperor’s new wife is a boy? It’s only a rumour, but apparently, they’re saying it… it might have been her that killed the last one, and she felt so guilty she found a boy who looked just like her. Then… then she took a knife to him, and oh… oh how awful…”
    She wasn’t capable of violence, of course, but only by intention. A dropped jar of pitch and a few sparks…
    “Look, my kin! See how the flame roars! Just as predicted, the end times are upon us, and the return of the Messiah is near! Let us stoke the fire together, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and burn away the tyranny of Rome!”
    Then later, by the market stalls…
    “Do you suppose it’s true? Oh… you hadn’t heard? They’re saying that while the fire was burning last night, the emperor was busy playing her lyre! But… surely not, no?”
    In the senator’s quarters…
    “It seems, senator, that a man in Gallia intends to raise the flag of revolt against our beloved Nero. I… do fear those disloyal to our emperor may use this as an opportunity to oust her. Can I count on you to support her in this trying time?”
    Putting ink to parchment…
    “I thank you for your continued correspondence, governor Vindex. As discussed in my last letter, the senators wholly support your actions. It is their belief that if the emperor is dislodged from power, the people will not rise up to defend her.”

“You really are a master at gossip, Poppaea. All I have to do is keep your mind busy, and you spout poison all day long. Do you see now, my emperor? Even if you loved them until their bones turned to dust, these people would never understand, no, worse than that, they would never think to even try understanding you. Do you taste their worth now, emperor of Rome? Do you still think them deserving of your love?”

The sight of Nero Claudius at the end of her life was a pitiful thing, all the more shocking that behind the teary eyes of Poppaea, in a mind that should not exist, rampaged the highest of joys.

“Ahh, my emperor! Truly just as you say, what an artist dies with you tonight. How tragic that you should fall now, so young, still so beautiful, before time can finish taking its toll on you, before your madness grows inconsolable. Savour that anguish, my emperor. Feel it deep in your veins, the depth of the emotions I dug up for you. A love that burns, destroys, and takes without exception – that is my gift to you, Nero, the love that Poppaea Sabina could never feel!”

The artist had become art. Sporus truly could not have been happier… Until a lowly soldier moved to cover the emperor, she stirred, and Nero Claudius finally passed with a sad, lonely smile.
    “What… was that?”
    At the end of his efforts, all that remained was a sudden emptiness. And still, that was acceptable. He had done his duty, to 「love」 the emperor until the very end – and now, with the woman he’d devoted his being to gone, he should have ended himself.

But he could not die. A god had seen the maddened, broken heart of Sporus, and made a home in his chest, and so the boy who destroyed Rome became an immortal.
    “If I’m still alive, that can only mean one thing…
    My duty isn’t complete yet. Is that right, Attis?”

Feigning his death, Sporus returned to his work.
    Encouraging three foolish men to aspire for Nero’s throne – then betraying them in turn.
    Destroying documents, providing false information, spreading rumours…
    Nero was a 「tyrant.」
    Nero was a「monster.」
    Nero did this, Nero did that…
    In the centuries that passed before the power of Attis keeping him alive finally ran dry, one hapless boy had helped forever tarnish the name of Nero.
    “The people then and now are still the same. They did not deserve the emperor’s love, as they do not deserve it now – and that being the case, let me take it from them. Heed me, lowly humanity. The truth of Roma’s greatest emperor is a truth you are unworthy to know.”

“Ah… Ah, I see now! I understand why I lived on, why I felt such unease! Yes, then, all I need to do is…”
    And so the boy turned to dust.
    Awaiting the day he would be summoned as the Servant Pretender.

Sporus et Nero
    Of My Love, The End

Rank E+++++++++++
    Anti-Nero

The ultimate crystalisation of the heart of Nero Claudius Sporus, the answer he found at the end of the long road. A form of curse emitted from his Divine Core, from his summoning it immediately latches on to Pretender’s Master. Sporus can only be summoned by an individual who has in turn summoned Nero as a Servant, and just as he eventually turned the people of Rome against her, it feels only appropriate Pretender make the Master a means to his end.

More than just a curse, Sporus et Nero can be thought of as an 「informational virus,」spread from the Master to every other individual they interact with from that point on. As Attis controls the flow of the Milky Way, a river of information, it is possible for him to simply alter that flow in an individual. Therefore this is a powerful, mind-altering effect with only one purpose: To lower the rank of Nero in a person’s heart. To put in less abstract, perhaps more “game-like” terms, this Noble Phantasm imposes a penalty of 「cannot gain positive relationship points」 between an individual and Nero. A dam in their heart.

Humans can be forgiving. However once this Noble Phantasm sets in, they enter a state of effectively 「can only grow to dislike the emperor Nero.」The Master, of course, is immune, for it is the very fact that they accept Nero’s heart that Pretender judges them worthy of summoning him. They are but a carrier.

The same applies to individuals of intensely strong wills, or with divine Authority greater than that of Attis. They, too, if unaffected, still carry the informational virus. And with the effects of Drifting Will, any individual who learns of Pretender’s intentions will find the information self-erasing. A god might understand the effects of Sporus et Nero, only to learn any mortal they discuss it with promptly forgets what they have learned, for example.

Pretender will allow nothing to come in the way of his endgame, the reenactment of Nero’s end, where she finds the masses set against her, either driven by hatred or uncaring of her plight. The moment where, finally, Poppaea Sabina appears before her again.

In the tale of Attis, it is said that when Zeus revived the young god, he became unable to move, while retaining his youth. Rather than being 「revived,」he was merely 「preserved.」

The flaw in Sporus’ plan all those years ago was simple. For someone who bemoaned the inability of people to understand the emperor’s heart, how foolish could he be, not to afford her the right to understand his?

In those final moments, Poppaea Sabina will cease to exist.
    Pretender alone will embrace Nero.
    And the emperor will know「the love of Sporus.」

Right as Pretender’s nanites lock the pair of them in stasis.

The expression she makes in that moment, no matter what it may be…
    He would like to gaze upon it forever.

« Relationships »Relationships
    Hephaestion Mnemosyne
    “A woman who played the part of a man, and distorted the truth of her king's history to this day... I admit, I'd really like to speak with her, but I can't shake the feeling appearing to her in my true appearance would be spitting on us both as Pretenders. What? N-no. I'm absolutely not scared of her drinking me under the table. Not at all."

Gilles de Rais
    "Ahh... I truly am twisted, aren't I? I see this man, but all I feel is admiration for his devotion. If the emperor had been felled by another's hand, would I have ended up at all like him? ... Would it be a disgrace to my loyalty if I hadn't?"

Romulus

"Th-the founder! This... I mean, this is! I-I'm the property of the emperor, and yet, the urge to kneel in respect is so strong! R-Roma....!"

Hans Christian Andersen
    "Praetor, about the... young author with the sharp tongue. I didn't mean for this to happen, but I stumbled on one of his works and I may have, um. Spent an embarrassing amount of time reading through the entire collection. Maybe multiple times? -- What I mean is, could you please give him my regards? And........ possibly a request for his autograph?"

Boudicca
    "As I understand, she barely begrudges the emperor at all, even after everything she went through... I'm disgusted at myself for thinking that just sounds like an inconvenience."

Nero Claudius
    “. . . . .”

« Craft Essence »
    You know, Praetor. When I set this plan in motion as you summoned me, I assumed that would be the end of it. But watching you run around trying to stop me, despite the fact you know it's pointless... Seeing just how clearly you accept that woman's heart, maybe even understand it...

I hadn't even considered this before, but there is one other way my plans could end.
    The emperor created the body of Poppaea, after all. She's the one person who could injure it without it repairing itself. And of course, my curse can't exactly affect her directly.
    So, if she were to run me through when I appear before her?
    No, even then, the blessing of Attis would revive me. But I can't help thinking.

For that to happen, the emperor would have to realise what's happening. So.
    If she understands who I am...
    If she doesn't deny my existence...
    If she looks at me for the first time...
    Gods. What am I supposed to do if I end up feeling satisfied?

« Notes »Hoping after all that that Lancers who are also Pretenders fit the Knight Class category! It's been nine years since my last shot at this guy and the concept of the mid-sheet reveal's grown a lot since then, so I thought I'd re-do him and created this monstrosity. I think I had more to say but my collapse tags kept multiplying themselves while I was putting this together and I think my brain broke. Please explain why it at one point made each individual line a separate collapse.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. Great use of the class. Things do get convoluted at the end, some points are a bit flimsy and on the smaller side, some unnecessary EX ranks, but overall just a really good sheet i enjoyed reading. I can see this is one of your passion projects then and now. I cant help but admire something like that.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber of the Poetomachia
    -- England's Second-Best Dramatist --

"I do hope you'll forgive me for this, Master, but I barely know how to wield a sword! Ahaha, I suppose life always finds a way to screw over all of us, wouldn't you agree?"
    "Ahem, well, if anything, I suppose I have some talent in... spotting and making mockeries of narrative cliches? Surely that ought to be useful in some way. Perhaps you require a commentator or a meta-narrator for whatever reason. Well, if that day ever comes, do give me a call. In the meantime, I'm heading off to the library to bury myself in shame. Once again, my sincerest apologies!"
    ~ ♬ ~

Source

"Oh, come now, you've never heard of me? England's second-best dramatist? Rival to the great bard of Avon himself? No? I swear, what are they making the children read in school these days?"
    "Wha... they actually made Bill's work a mandatory reading and not mine!? I know the gap between a champion and a runner-up can be huge, but still! Do you all love angst that much!? Those types of stories where a scene that can be described in 100 words are extended into ten times that amount through rosy, yet unnecessarily complex prosework!? The ones that make you teary-eyed the first few times of watching it, only to realize that everything else written by that hack of an author is the same, and if you've seen one, you've seen them all!? History actually chose to remember him over me!? I swear, I oughtta-"
    "Ahem, apologies, I seem to have lost my composure. That was nothing. Please pretend you've never seen that little outburst. Now do excuse me. I have some work to take care of. Perhaps this next idea may finally be the one to topple him from that lofty throne of his..."

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Caster

True Name: Ben Jonson
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Origin: Britain (16th-17th century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Likes: Theatrics, satire, comedies, controversies, competition
    Dislikes: Angst, poorly-executed plot twists, loneliness
    Talent: Satirization, poetry, sniffing out gossips
    Natural Enemy: William Shakespeare
    Armament: Sword, book, quill
    Catalyst: The original manuscript to his most famous play

Class Skills
    Riding (E)

A Class Skill of Rider and Saber-Class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Having no anecdote of riding any mount whatsoever, Saber only possesses this Skill at its bare minimum rank due to his Class container.

"As expected. I don't recall ever riding anything worthy of note. I suppose you can make the argument that due to my position as a 'perpetual runner-up', I've always been 'riding' on his coattails, but... nope! I'd rather die before ever admitting that, ahaha!"

Magic Resistance (C)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

"Oh? You're telling me my eternal rival has been summoned as a Caster? Fufufu... SUCK IT, BILL! I WILL TAKE THIS SKILL AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR-"
    "Oh yes, you're still here, Master. You heard nothing just now. Ahem, more importantly, after some... deeper consideration, I suppose this Skill would not be necessary if I were ever to face my rival in battle. Why? Simply because I find it hard to believe that anyone would read his work and consider it 'magical' in any way, haha!"

Personal Skills
    Satirization (A)

Saber's greatest Skill as a literary Heroic Spirit. In life, Saber wrote numerous satirical plays as jabs to both his enemies as well as various social and political norms of the time. The ability to turn anything he observes into a mocking, sarcastic, even comedic imitation of itself. As a Skill, it gradually reduces the strength of any Noble Phantasm the longer Saber observes it. In maximum effect, legendary sacred swords would turn into flabby rubber swords, and laser beams would turn into harmless light shows. Of course, witnessing Noble Phantasms up close for long periods of time to increase the effectiveness of this skill without getting himself killed is a different challenge on its own.

"Ah, my greatest talents as an author! My charming wit! My clever use of subtle and not-so-subtle jabs directed at my enemies! My determination to accomplish things out of sheer spite! Such perfect representation of my character! Anyway, as you can surmise by now, this is the core aspect that differentiates me from my rival. Where he wrote angsty tragedies that can only be understood by lovelorn couples, members of royalty, and people with problematic, murder-happy families. I, on the other hand, wrote satirical comedies that invoked laughter from every layer of society. It simply was a more accessible form of entertainment compared to his tragedies. Everyone has someone or something they wish to make fun of, and my works cater to those needs."

Human Observation (A)

A technique to observe and understand people. At this level, it is not simply observing but the capacity to hypothesize about one's livelihoods and preferences, and even the lives of people whose name are unknown. This requires a tremendous memory that does not forget easily. Saber claims that this ability only stems from his desire to give payback to his enemies, to spite them in return after the shame they brought him. However, the truth runs deeper than that. Despite his constant pessimistic and sarcastic outlook on life, deep down, Saber is highly perceptive and understanding of his surroundings. This makes his words more sincere than anyone else's. In a way, perhaps this also means that Saber's actions aren't purely motivated by spite and petty competitiveness... though he'd never admit such an "unsightly" part of himself.

"Now, now, I'd rather not you consider me as a mere hunter of gossip and sensationalism. I will not deny that those controversies did grant me some much-needed publicity during the war of the poets and afterwards, during the peak of my rivalry with the bard. Even so, my motives run deeper than that. For one, you cannot craft a perfect comedy without thorough consulting the source material. That is to say... I suppose observing the day-to-day lives of others comes with its own brand of joy. That is all I am willing to say on the matter."

Benefit of Clergy (C)

In life, Saber once killed a man in a sword duel, an act which qualified him for the class despite being a noncombatant poet and playwright. Afterwards, he was briefly imprisoned, and was supposed to be tried for murder when he invoked this law. The Benefit of Clergy was originally a provision by which clergymen could claim that they were outside the jurisdiction of the secular courts and be tried instead in an ecclesiastical court under canon law. Various reforms limited the scope of this legal arrangement to prevent its abuse, including branding of a thumb upon a first use, to limit number of invocations for some. Back then, Saber was only capable of invoking this law due to his Catholic faith. Through this, Saber was granted much leniency, allowing him to avoid a possible death sentence in exchange for having his thumb branded.

A Skill similar yet different compared to Protection of the Faith, Saber can invoke this Skill to evade or mitigate the outcome of his actions. In battle, this Skill takes the form of a formidable barrier that repels attacks directed at Saber. Even if a sufficiently powerful attack may destroy this barrier, its damage will be significantly reduced. That said, there are limits to what this Skill can do. As this barrier is a type of Divine Protection, attacks containing Anti-Divine properties may shatter it easier, and Catholic sacraments may bypass it entirely. Furthermore, Saber can only activate this Skill for up to ten minutes at a time before completely exhausting his mana reserves. For every minute the barrier is activated, one of Saber's fingers would turn black, akin to the "branding" system established to prevent the law's abuse.

"Well... that was embarrassing. Putting that one drunken sword-brawl aside I actually served the country as a soldier, briefly. At first, I only wanted to manifest in any Class other than the obvious Caster to differentiate myself from my rival. Imagine a standard Holy Grail War, if you will, where both of us share the same Class, and there is only one Caster-Class slot available. As much as I hate to admit it, people would most likely choose to summon the great William Shakespeare over a perpetual runner-up such as myself, assuming they even know my name in the first place. Manifesting as a Saber grants me a greater opportunity to face him in battle, and at the very least I would not be compared to him so often as Servants of the same Class. Besides, you know how it is about the pen being mightier than the sword."
    "...Wait a second, shouldn't I be summoned as an Archer in that case!?"

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Singular Path to Memetic Decay
    Comedy of Humours

"Some one peculiar quality
    Doth so possess a man, that it doth draw
    All his affects, his spirits, and his powers,
    In their confluctions, all to run one way.

Comedy of Humours... let us begin!
    "

Type: "Anti-Characterization"
    Range: 1-2
    Max Targets: 1 person

Throughout his life, there are only two instances of Saber ever wielding a sword; once during his brief stint as a soldier, and another time during a drunken duel with an uncooperative performer. Thus, there is no basis for the sword in itself to qualify as a Noble Phantasm. Instead, this sword is imbued with the essence of the Comedy of Humours, a genre of dramatic comedy that Saber had founded to rival Shakespeare's more famous genre of romantic comedy. This genre focuses on a character or range of characters, each of whom exhibits two or more overriding traits or "humours" that dominates their personality, desires and conduct. Basically, every character in Saber's plays are introduced and fully established with a single defining characteristic that becomes the driving force behind all of their actions and interactions with others. In modern terms, there is a similar concept known as flanderization, where one aspect of a character is repeated and parodied endlessly. While it can be funny for some, the constant repetition may be grating, especially if it dilutes characterization to the point of no return, turning nuanced characters to one-note jokes.

A Noble Phantasm that utterly spits over the concept of nuance and character development, each strike of this sword undoes the target's character development, gradually reversing a Servant's characterization to that during their initial summoning. It does not cause memory loss. Instead, it simply creates a mentality of "X happened, but it doesn't affect me in any way", like viewing one's personal experiences through the point of view of a detached third person. It goes without saying, but it's only useful during extremely specific circumstances, such as robbing one's fighting spirit after they had recently regained it.

By releasing this Noble Phantasm's True Name, the sword glows with an ominous light, before shooting out small beams that naturally seek out their target. These beams do not deal damage. Rather they inflict them with a curse of one-note characterization through a manner similar to Mental Pollution and Innocent Monster. This curse rapidly simplifies the target's entire character, to the point they can be defined with a single phrase that defines their every action and motivation. In practice, it's similar to how a certain ultimately-noble-yet-tragically-flawed Knight of the Lake's character can be reduced to a simple horny NTR joke due to constant repetition, to the point every other character trait is overshadowed by that one joke

It's worth noting that this Noble Phantasm doesn't necessarily make the target weaker. Rather, it makes them predictable, which combined with Saber's Skills and general genre-savviness, might provide him with a path to victory. This Noble Phantasm's effects will fade away in 2-3 days after the target is struck, possibly earlier if one possesses certain mental resistance Skills.

When the Curtain Falls, Laughter Shall Resound as Unbridled Cacophony
    Mirthful Folio

"Now then, the final act is upon us! Come, let us do away with all the tragedies of life and bask in its joys! Pay no attention to the old bard's musings and feast your eyes upon my masterpiece! Mirthful Folio!"

Type: Anti-Heart
    Range: 1-30
    Max Targets: 1 person

Saber's second Noble Phantasm, born by virtue of his status as "England's second-best playwright", as a founder of Elizabethan-era theatrical comedy to oppose Shakespeare's tragedies, and his role in helping the more famous bard edit and publish his First Folio ("So as you can see, despite the similar name, this is absolutely not a rip-off of his Noble Phantasm born of my innate envy towards my rival! Absolutely not! Who'd even get envious of that hack of a poet anyway!? I find that utterly inconceivable!").

A Noble Phantasm much simpler, yet potentially more versatile in comparison to his first. A limited release allows for one simple function; it drastically lowers the standards of what one would normally consider "funny" while in Saber's vicinity. This causes affected targets to laugh from even the mildest anecdotes, or the worst, most low-effort jokes imaginable. On a more practical level, it greatly reduces "one's ability to focus" while engaging Saber in combat, as their minds are more easily distracted.

Upon True Name release, this Noble Phantasm traps a target in a stage constructed in their own mind. Unlike the more famous First Folio, however, there is no pain or tragedy involved in this Noble Phantasm. Rather, it replays "the most hilarious moment in the target's life" ad infinitum. While one would usually tire after hearing the same joke the first 2-3 times, this "hilarity limit" is greatly extended thanks to that lowered sense of humor. In essence, it is a form of extremely braindead comedy that instantly causes the target to break down in mad fits of laughter with a single touch. This effect normally lasts around 10-15 minutes, however there are certain factors that may prolong or shorten this duration. Individuals who spent their lives surrounded in laughter and hilarity would naturally be more susceptible to it, while those more familiar with hardship and suffering (angst) would wake up sooner.

"As I was saying, this is not a rip-off! It's just that if my rival's Noble Phantasm fills the target's heart with extreme sorrow, it's only natural that mine should accomplish the opposite! And the opposite of depression is mania! Of course, as you can see, overloading the human heart with a single emotion- regardless of what it is- would have detrimental effects either way. Still, at the end of the day, this is nothing more than the fruit of our rivalry. Now that I've explained myself... are you curious to see just how many minutes it would take for someone to literally die of laughter?"

Lore
    Benjamin Jonson (1572-1637) as an English playwright and poet, whose artistry exerted a lasting impact upon English poetry and stage comedy. He is best known for the satirical plays Every Man in His Humour (1598), Volpone, or The Fox (1606), The Alchemist (1610) and Bartholomew Fair (1614) and for his lyric and epigrammatic poetry. He is generally regarded as the second most important English dramatist, after William Shakespeare, during the reign of James I.

Jonson was a classically educated, well-read and cultured man of the English Renaissance with an appetite for controversy (personal and political, artistic and intellectual) whose cultural influence was of unparalleled breadth upon the playwrights and the poets of the Jacobean era (1603–1625) and of the Caroline era (1625–1642).

The son of a disgraced nobleman who had lost his property and died a few months before his birth, Jonson was able to pursue decent education in Westminster School thanks to a family friend willing to pay for his studies. He was supposed to continue his studies in the University of Cambridge, but he was unable to do so due to a forced apprenticeship under his bricklayer stepfather. He spent a few years as a bricklayer, but he never stopped looking for opportunities to escape this job. Eventually, he left for the Netherlands to serve the English regiments under Francis Vere in Flanders. It was here that Jonson reportedly engaged, fought and killed an enemy soldier in single combat, and took for trophies the weapons of the vanquished soldier.

Jonson began his theatre career soon after the end of his military service. He started out as an apprentice under more established playwrights such as Thomas Kyd and Philip Henslowe. During his apprenticeship, he wrote a number of tragedies on the side, but they were hardly successful. As a playwright, Jonson had his first big break on Every Man on His Humour (1598), a satirical comedy which established the Comedy of Humours genre, as well as his reputation as a dramatist. Jonson capitalized on this success by releasing a sequel to this play on the very next year, titled Every Man Out of His Humour (1599). This sequel was a big hit among the audience, further bringing Jonson's name into the spotlight.

Over the years, Jonson would continue to release numerous plays, drama, and poetry. He tried his hand once again in writing tragedy, but they never seemed to be successful. Instead, Jonson's talent shone the brightest in writing satirical comedies mocking various social and political events of the time. Unsurprisingly, the controversial nature of his plays had caused him a few brushes with the law. In 1597 a play which he co-wrote with Thomas Nashe, The Isle of Dogs, was suppressed after causing great offence. Arrest warrants for Jonson and Nashe were issued by Queen Elizabeth I's so-called interrogator, Richard Topcliffe. Jonson was jailed in Marshalsea Prison and charged with "Leude and mutynous behaviour", while Nashe managed to escape to Great Yarmouth. Two of the actors, Gabriel Spenser and Robert Shaw, were also imprisoned. A year later, Jonson was again briefly imprisoned, this time in Newgate Prison, for killing Gabriel Spenser in a drunken sword duel on 22 September 1598 in Hogsden Fields (today part of Hoxton). Tried on a charge of manslaughter, Jonson pleaded guilty but was released by benefit of clergy, a legal ploy through which he gained leniency by reciting a brief bible verse (the neck-verse), forfeiting his 'goods and chattels' and being branded on his left thumb. While the cause of this duel was unknown, many seemed to believe that Spenser's death was well-deserved, citing the man's ill-tempered, violent, and uncooperative nature when questioned regarding Jonson's potential motives.

Between 1599 and 1602, Jonson got himself involved in the Poetomachia (War of the Theatres). As dramatic as that sounds, it's less of an actual "war" and more like a number of playwrights passive-aggressively throwing shades at each other in their plays. Because of an actual ban on satire in prose and verse publications in 1599 (the Bishops' Ban of 1599), the satirical urge had no other remaining outlet than the stage. The resulting controversy, which unfolded between 1599 and 1602, involved the playwright Ben Jonson on one side and his rivals John Marston and Thomas Dekker (with Thomas Middleton as an ancillary combatant) on the other. The role Shakespeare played in the conflict, if any, has long been a topic of dispute among scholars.

The "war" started on 1599, where John Marston satirized Jonson's self-righteous pride through a character in his play, Histriomastix. In response, Jonson satirized Marston's wordy writing style in Every Man Out of His Humour. Marston and Dekker worked together in the next play, Jack Drum's Entertainment (1600), depicting Jonson as a cuckold. This back-and-forth continued on until 1602, where the conflict gradually subsided. In 1605, Jonson and Marston worked together with George Chapman to write Eastward Hoe, a satirical comedy which offended King James due to the anti-Scottish satire it presented. While Marston evaded capture, Jonson and Chapman ended up briefly in jail as a result. Shakespeare vaguely referenced the War of the Theatres in a scene between Hamlet, Rosencrantz, and Guildenstern, referring it as an argument between three individuals which grew into a conflict between three
    theatre companies
    kingdoms

There are many legends about Jonson's rivalry with Shakespeare, some of which may be true. Historian Thomas Fuller related stories of Jonson and Shakespeare passionately arguing in the Mermaid Tavern, a well-known gathering place of the time. Regardless of the nature of their relationship, it was clear that the two men shared mutual respect towards each other. It was said that Jonson helped to edit Shakespeare's First Folio, and Shakespeare's company adapted a number of Jonson's plays including Every Man in His Humour, which Shakespeare himself possibly acted in.

Jonson continued writing satire over the years, but his productivity began to decline in the 1620s when younger dramatists such as Robert Herrick, Richard Lovelace, and Sir John Suckling began to take the stage. That said, he remained a well-known figure, and many of these younger dramatists took lessons from him. Despite his declining fame and health, Jonson continued writing until his death on 1637. His death was mourned by London, and countless people attended his funeral.

Description
    "Ah, it's you, Master. I was just perusing the library to search for inspiration regarding my next work. I've come to learn a few things by studying stories written after my time. Do you have any need of me? No? I see... Feel free to join me, then."

Source

"Humans, and their daily lives. Their conflicts, their relationships... Unlike that tragedy-addict with all his star-crossed lovers, complex political intrigue, and foolishly preventable deaths, my works largely took inspiration from the day-to-day lives of the common folk. It makes them much easier to understand for a greater range of audience. For example, how many of you here is born a prince haunted by the ghost of your late father, who commands you to avenge his death by poisoning your uncle, who had married your mother? On the other hand, how many of you simply has some grievances to share with an annoying neighbor, or a job you hate, or questionable decisions brought by your government? My works are akin to that giant middle finger you've always wanted to give, but couldn't for whatever reason."

Dislikes:
    "That two-bit hack they call William Shakespeare, of course! I can spend an entire day dissecting his works and pointing out every flaw in there, but... I suppose we can save the literary analysis for another time. Not counting anything to do with that man, I suppose I dislike those who would silence my voice, be it through arrests or imprisonment. My works have always shed light upon social and political issues that the upper-class refuses to acknowledge. The fact that they would hunt me down for it... as much as I dislike it, I suppose that also means I'm doing the right thing, in a way."

Wish:
    "I have no need of a Holy Grail. My wish is something that I must accomplish with my own hands. Of course, it is to surpass Bill and become England's number one, but using a Grail to achieve that is effectively the same as acknowledging that I cannot write a literary masterpiece without asking an omnipotent wish-granting device to do it for me. That will not do. And so, I will simply continue writing, just as I have done all these years. One day, I will orchestrate a grand play that surpasses all others, and I shall invite Bill and all my other competitors on the opening night. I imagine their thundering applause at the end of it all would make everything worth it at last."

A so-called "mild-mannered gentleman", especially in comparison to his rival's loud and boisterous attitude. Saber speaks in a calm, refined manner, with no exaggerated emotions or swagger. He cares not for the unnecessary dramas of the world, preferring to maintain his image as an educated, ponderous playwright.

...At least, that is the initial impression he tries to give. In truth, Saber lives for the sake of drama and controversy. According to him, this more unsightly aspect of his personality is motivated purely out of spite and the desire for recognition. He would obsessively exploit societal issues for inspiration and create controversies with his own hands if there isn't any, all for a chance at fame, in order to surpass his rival once and for all. He is a villain without any redeeming qualities, lost in his own ambitions... or so he says.

Saber is a master of theatrics; the type of person capable of uttering both exaggerated laughter and seemingly heartfelt apologies without genuinely meaning either one of them. Perhaps due to his extensive genre-savviness, Saber maintains a constant "done with everything" attitude, quick to throw sarcastic and condescending remarks whenever others did not expect certain "developments" he anticipated ("What? You didn't see this one coming? I've seen these sorts of boring twists ages ago in Marston and Dekker's shitty plays, and even those idiots managed to pull it off better!"). That said, most of his annoying condescension are all said in good fun, and it's unlikely he actually meant any hostility in those words... most of the time.

Despite his somewhat narcissistic streak and mild superiority complex, Saber rarely goes out of his way to actively hate on others. He may claim that his actions are solely motivated by spite and petty vengeance, but that certainly does not seem to be the case, as he can offer genuine advice from time to time (although his bluntness and sharp tongue may cause misunderstandings), and he truly does seem to care about the issues presented in his plays. Perhaps he's really not as edgy as he claims to be... as long as he's not provoked. In such cases, all that gentlemanly facade goes out of the window as he believes it's completely justified for him to resort to extremely petty, passive-aggressive means to give payback to those who incurred his wrath. Normally, his "vengeance" takes the form of petty one-liners, or he'd cast parodies of his enemies in comically foolish roles within his plays. In battles where such things are impossible, he would gleefully draw out the battle, anticipating each of his enemies' moves while mocking and deconstructing their beliefs, pointing out each and every thing wrong with their beliefs with his sharp tongue.

...At the end of the day, he's not as edgy as he thinks he is. Probably.

Relationships
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Antonio Salieri:
    "Ahaha, what can I say, some rivalries really do transcend lifetimes! Like me and Bill, or these two gentlemen here. The one in red does seem quite intense about this whole affair, thought."

Mephistopheles:
    "AHAHAHAHAH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! A-Ahem, pfft, my apologies, I wrote a play similar to your story back then, what was it called again... ah, yes. The Devil is an Ass. Fufu, I know you're not an actual devil per se, but you reminded me a lot of that one. Perhaps if he was a little more successful..."

Hans Christian Andersen, Lucian of Samosata:
    "A most worthy foe! Our battle shall be legendary!"

Roberta Hooke:
    "You know how it feels, right!? When you just can't escape that perpetual second-place no matter what you do!? Uwaaahh, finally, someone who understands my pain! Be it in the natural sciences or the performing arts, we're all no different! Come, madame, let us drown our sorrows together!"

Franz Kafka, Osamu Dazai:
    "Ugh, this overwhelmingly gloomy presence... I can't believe I'm saying this, but your thirst for angst may even surpass Bill's! Don't you think there's enough tragedy in the world already, my dear fellows? Would you ever consider trying your hand in comedy, perhaps?"

Mathurine de Valois:
    "Ooh, slapstick comedy! No matter the era, you just can't mess with the classics! I'd be delighted to join you in your next routine!"

"William Hanna" and "Joseph Barbera":
    "...Excuse me, Master, but what on earth is this? No, I know exactly what they are, it's just that... is the angst really necessary? Not every Servant has to hide some deep-seated tragedy, dammit! Why can't we have the hilarious cat and mouse without the metaphorical allegory to the futility of human strife and their innate desire to destroy each other!?"

Users of Servantgram:
    "Servantgram? You mean... that thing they call a 'social media' in this day and age? ...Hmph, nothing more than a source of cheap entertainment. I know a number of Servants here are active users of that application, but I'm not overly familiar with it. Not at all. It's just... not my cup of tea."
    *Just kidding, he follows at least a dozen Servantgram gossip pages under an anonymous account, and occasionally even starts all-out comment wars on them. He'd never admit it, but if he's ever found out, he'd insist that 'it's purely for inspiration'.*

Queen Elizabeth I, Robert Dudley:
    "Ah, Your Majesty, Sir Dudley! What an unexpected encounter. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances at last. I hereby offer you a cordial invitation to attend my next play. Please, the two of you are free to reserve the front row for tonight. Hm? Ease up on the satire and the criminally subversive themes? Fufu, I appreciate your concern, but I don't think I will."
    "Wait, your spymaster- Sir Walsingham, if I'm not mistaken- he... wouldn't happen to be listening in on this conversation, would he? No? That's a relief."

William Shakespeare:
    "Bill. Still addicted to those tragedies, I see."
    "The same with you and those comedies, Ben."
    "Heh, just you wait, these comedies will surpass your plays one day. I haven't given up just yet, you know?"
    "Ohoho, is that so? I look forward to it, then. Save me a front-row seat to your performance whenever you're ready."
    "Oh my, is that a challenge? Well, you can definitely count on it."

Bond CE
    A Night at Ye Olde Mermaid Tavern
    ~ ♬ ~

Source

The man was alone.
    For the longest time, that was what he believed.
    He was too talented to truly mingle among the common folk, yet not talented enough to be accepted in the upper echelons of society.
    And he was too proud to ever admit that weakness of his.

The man wanted his voice to be heard.
    He mocked others, and was mocked in turn.
    He thrived in controversies.
    He cared not whether the world would praise him with flowers or demand to see him in chains.
    So long as the world would see him as the man he truly was.
    And yet...

---

"No, no, that is exactly the point! The people needed something new! Your tragedies follow the exact same formula!"
    "Oh come on, Every Man in His Humour and Every Man Out of His Humour is practically the same thing! That reference to Aristophanes was a clever inclusion, I admit, but it's not exactly giving you any points to originality."
    "Oh, and you think Romeo and Juliet is sooo original when Pyramus and Thisbe is right over there!?"
    "W-Well, that's... you can't deny that we take inspiration from those who came before us."
    "Come now, Fuller, don't tell me you actually agree with this crap!?"
    "Er, I'm hardly the one you should ask when it comes to literature debates. That was just... a historian's perspective, yes."
    "Well, I can't exactly argue with that, but still-"
    "Really now? Then I'm glad we've reached an understanding! Barmaid! Three more glasses to this table, please! The usual!"
    "Dammit, we're not finished here! There's also the matter of your vocabulary! Did you actually think your made-up words would ever catch on in the minds of the audience!? I swear-"
    "So this is what a drunken duel between wordsmiths is like... at least they don't bring their swords with them this time around."
    The three men continued to argue until sunrise, accompanied by the music and merriment of the tavern.

Those who saw just what kind of man Ben Jonson truly was can be counted with one hand.
    According to the playwright, calling them "friends" might be a tad too generous.
    And yet...
    Even if the world failed to take notice of him back then...
    So long as those distant memories of bickering, fighting, and drunken rants remain...
    The man is not entirely disappointed at how his life turned out.

Creator's notes
    Original sheet here. Going to be honest, this is a bit of a rushed job, thanks to the forum bug and Pedro coming out later than scheduled. Oh well, I hope you'll enjoy something on the lighter side of things this time around. Looks like my still-undecided summer project will have to wait.
    Last edited by BnEl15; July 24th, 2022 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Of course i forgot to end the submission again.
    Time to vote, comp comes a bit later.

Saber - Charles II by WhiteFrenzy
    Archer - Louis Antoine de Saint-Just (Lily) by jishara
    Archer - Hektor (Lostbelt9 by jishara
    Lancer - Deborah & Barak (Summer) by Vance
    Saber - Zubair Al-Awwam by Ismail2002
    Archer - Uathach-Skadi by Nuclear
    "Lancer" - "Poppaea Sabina" by sutaa
    Saber - Ben Johnson by BnEl15
    Last edited by DelRey; July 28th, 2022 at 10:42 AM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    3 points: "Poppaea Sabina"

2 points: Charles II

1 point: Uathach

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    3 Points: Charles II by WhiteFrenzy. I absolutely loved how intriguing your dynamics with him were, and how your justification worked for his class
    2 Points: "Poppaea Sabina" by Sutaa. I loved how you pulled off the twist so wonderfully.
    1 Point: Ben Jonson by BnEl15. I absolutely adored both Noble Phantasms, which showed off how horror-ish laughter can be

Blog Entries
    3 points: Charles II. I'm amazed just how much character you managed to get out him, of all people, and the whole sheet comes together nicely. Just a really great read after all.
    2 points: Ben Jonson. I enjoy his personality, and how well-integrated he feels, if that makes sense? I can see this guy and Shakespeare interacting when I read the sheet.
    1 point: Uatchach (Santa). Every part of the sheet made me want to read more, which is always a good sign. Charming all around.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    YOU GUYS? THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT??

3 POINTS
    Poppaea Sabina
    [ Sporus = Attis ]

You just can FEEL the passion behind this idea, and the execution has so much love and care behind it too. The idea is very good - I could never - and the character is... So much! In a great way, that's it. The perfect consort for Nero, indeed. It was already a great sheet, don't get me wrong, but that reveal? Wow. Blew everything else out of the water.

2 POINTS
    Ben Jonson

It just can't go wrong with a BnEl sheet at this point. It has everything you ever need: charisma, a great character, a deliciously well-crafter Servant and fun for days. And you have the gall to say this isn't even your best work yet!

1 POINT
    Deborah and Barak (Summer)

I have a soft spot for Summer alts, call me biased... But yes, I absolutely adored this pair. I read the original sheet and you captured those summer vibes and translated it into a cohesive sheet really well. They're still the same characters, but just whackier (which seems like an easy thing to do, but it's not).

HONORARY
    0.5 POINT
    Uathach-Skadi

You're so good at what you do, I just can't understand why you're so good at it please gimme your talent!
    (Anyway, this is me saying that Christmas!Skadi-who's-not-exactly- Skadi is best Skadi-who's-not-exactly-Skadi, thank you for this meal.)
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, that's enough procrastination from me. Better vote before I forget the deadline again.

3pts: "Poppaea Sabina"
    Just... wow. The original sheet was already a pretty nice concept despite the Class/lore limitations at the time, but this one seriously blows it out of the water. Amazing work, man.

2pts: Charles II
    Ah, WF and angsty pretty boys, what else is there to say? Not many combinations can get any better than that.

1pt: Deborah and Barak
    Say, by any chance, are you planning a D&B (Santa) or D&B (Servantverse) anytime soon? Cuz' I read all of your D&Bs and they're all equally enjoyable, and I don't mind seeing more of this wacky duo.
    Last edited by BnEl15; July 28th, 2022 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    3pt: Poppaea - just a great sheet.

2pt: Charles II - dem feelz

1pt: Uathach - u know, you now have to do the Singularity. 5 months left, bro

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for taking your time in this summer to participate in this contest. Around this time there arent that many sheets in general, so thank you for still submitting.

without further ado:

3rd place goes to Ben(El15) Johnson

2nd place goes to Charles II from Queen WF

And the winner is sutaa with Poppaea Sabina.

Well deserved win, really. See ya all in the big contest tomorrow, and you sutaa in my DM's within a month. Thanks to all

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for your votes and comments! It was a fun contest.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    CONGRATS SUTAA. It was a breathtaking sheet, totally deserved the W. El is also a behemot and even when he's not eve trying he gets 3rd. As expected.

Se y'all in a month, I can't wait already.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Congrats, for the winner. I will have to try my luck next time

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Great job Sutaa, WhiteFrenzy, and BnEl15 I'm so excited to see what the next one will be

Blog Entries
    I am starting this a few hours earlier because I'll be busy in the next few days.

This contest's prompt is Good Aligned.

As always, you can rework Servants from canon lore or your own lore, or make alternative or seasonal classes as long they are Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic Good aligned.
    Make sure that their personality actually fits the alignment given. If necessary look up what they mean.
    Three weeks, have fun y'all.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alternative classes you say...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, may have to end my break early for this. Now, where did Colt fucking go...
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)