Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: (Bi)Monthly Rework-a-Servant Contest

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will make an entry later today.
    Yes, i have the hubris.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Honestly I did think about doing one, but I'm not really confident enough with my own skill to try reworking a canon servant.

Blog Entries

Top Level Creator Notes:
    Yes, I have the hubris and arrogance to post an entry in my own contest. Deal with it.
    first quote after opening has music btw

Behind each star a small dream hides
    But will not show its head,
    Unless you're very, very good—
    And fast asleep in bed.

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ★ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ★ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

"Oh hello you! Are you my Master?
    I bet you are! I am Foreigner of Twinkling Stars!
    My true name? Huh? Silly, I just told you my name!
    Right?"

F O R E I G N E R
    of Twinkling Stars
    = "Twinkle Star" =

First Ascension
    Second Ascension
    Third Ascension
    Final Ascension
    Spiritron Dress: Twinkle Nyan

Class
    Foreigner
    Alternative Classes
    Saver, Alter-Ego, Berserker, Voyager
    True Name
    ???
    Aliases
    "Twinkle Star", Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Lily), twinkly boy, bestest bud
    Origin
    Night Sky?
    Height/Weight
    61cm/7kg
    Alignment
    Chaotic Good
    Attribute
    Star

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    E C+ D C A

music, food, fish, sweets, night sky, hope for tomorrow
    Dislikes
    bullying, cloudy days, swimming, bad people
    Talent
    being cute, being annoying, giving joy and hope to people
    Natural Enemy
    his bullies, all that are considered Threat to Humanity without self-restraint, water without his super cool floaty present
    Armament
    light of hope
    Catalyst
    lyrics of a children's song

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Lore and Background -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Lore and Background

Foreigner of Twinkling Stars is the embodiment of men's hope when looking into the stunning night sky and wishing for a better tomorrow after seeing a silver line rushing across the vast dark blue firmament.
    He was born from the dreams of people who innocently looked up into the night sky without ulterior motive. No utilization of celestial magic circles of ancient times, no study of astronomical movements, or the fear of something staring back at them through the dark abyss, that stretches to infinity and beyond.
    No, those people were simple onlookers, who ignored higher machinations and the vast darkness of the night and reared their heads towards the boundless, azure dome to marvel at the shining beauty of the twinkling diamonds up above.
    Foreigner embodies this concept, the Light which pierces even the deepest stretches of darkness - Hope and the Neglect of any shadow that dares to threaten or deny it.
    An Anti-Threat to Humanity Spirit in a Foreigner Container who tirelessly combats despair and fear with joy and hope.
    Only when the
    Sins of Humanity
    darkness of human nature
    and the
    Outer Gods
    beings from the Abyss of evil dimensions
    are gone,
    and the sun is allowed to shine brightly on the future of humanity,
    only then Foreigner of Twinkling Stars allows himself to shut their eyes and rest.
    To strengthen his concept and existence he attached himself to the most famous lullaby we humans know:
    Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
    A melody so famous, it stretches across the western world with many different lyrics and melodies.

The origin of it is disputed, many believed it came from the hands of the greatest musician of all time - the young protegee Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
    But that is wrong, the melody predates him. The farthest we can trace it back is France in the first half of the 18th century. He popularized the melody by creating twelve variations of it.
    Who composed the melody remains a mystery, maybe it was Foreigner himself, who knows?
    The modern lyrics themselves were written by an English poet named Jane Taylor at the start of the 19th century.
    Because of that, it is not sure who or what the child called Foreigner truly is, and he himself doesn't know either. For him Foreigner of Twinkling Stars is just Foreigner of Twinkling Stars.
    But after a French princess first laid eyes on him a name was decided. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Lily).

After a while in Chaldea Foreigner met his supposed older self and he did not want to be that guy. He is mostly referred to as Twinkle Star now.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Class Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain E
    Foreigner Class Skill. Denotes a being that descended from the void of outer space, asserting one's existence outside of time and reality.
    The lowest rank possible, barely allowing him to manifest as a Foreigner. Born from human thoughts and hopes directed towards the stars, but targetted towards the future, he exists beyond our earth while still belonging to it. He lives inside the eternal and infinite night sky. Can you grasp his domain?

Insanity (Cure) B
    A Mental Pollution-like skill gained from contacting an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, the main qualification for the Foreigner class is to defy this erosion, either by maintaining their integrity as they descend into madness, or instead of being consumed by madness, they consume the madness itself.
    That is not the case here, it is actually the opposite. The Insanity of Foreigners is a concept of turning away from Humanity, towards the vile from afar. But Foreigner is directed toward the hope in the future, an inherently human action. Not radiating foreign madness, but encouraging good intentions, believing in a better tomorrow, having faith in humanity, and a sprinkle of joy in life.
    It is therefore the polar opposite of the effects of other Foreigners and acts as a counter to it. Foreigner of Twinkling Star will stand up against the Evil Gods bullying the Earth!

Divinity C
    When a deity is defined as beyond human and someone prayed upon by wishful people, then Foreigner can be considered one.
    He may have never received prayers in his name, but the concept of wishing upon stars is, was, and always will be present in the human consciousness.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personal Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personal Skills

Guardian of Navigation C
    Calling forth protection for those who wander the night and are in need of hope. The existence of Foreigner of Twinkling Stars brings forth hope for those lost and hopeless and energizes them from their very souls. While seeming to only be a skill to help lost wanderers and wonderers, it is actually a skill that also exemplifies the charisma of a light-bringer at its core.

Dreams for the Stars EX
    A Skill related to Pioneer of the Stars. The Pioneers were the ones that were turning points in human history. The people that made the impossible possible, those who performed wonders and paved a way for a better, brighter future. Dreams for the Stars is a Skill that wishes for this to happen. Foreigner embodies those wishes that are hoped for while contemplating the stars with a dreamy look on their faces.
    The wish for a better life now or the next, for the next generation or even humanity as a whole.
    It is something that encourages this to happen, either by someone already having the Pioneer of the Stars Skill, one that will receive it or perhaps...there will be no need for it anymore when all work together towards the same goal, the same dream?
    Or perhaps Foreigner of Twinkling Stars will be worthy to be a Pioneer in the future?

Mana Burst (Light/Hope) B+
    Foreigner can infuse his body Magical Energy in form of light, which was forged from his unfaltering love and hope for humanity and it's future.
    A skill that displays him as a being of astral light, who guides during the night and embodies the light of humanity's wishes and hope for a better tomorrow.
    In many ways similar to the subspecies magic that some Saint type servants possess, it is able to release magic in the form of strength increasing and mental pollution cleansing light for others.
    The more hope he feels, the stronger the light.
    His excess Mana often forms little star constellations around him.

Cute Appearance B+
    A variation of the Beautiful Appearance skill. It is a Skill that, coupled with one's attire, one is endowed with a cuteness that makes it difficult to discern the person's gender by means of an aura (not appearance). Plus modifiers are applied to checks when negotiating with both men and women. Also, effects that target a specific gender are disregarded (Foreigner is mentally too young to be affected by them anyway). Additionally, an effect is added that makes people really like to bully Foreigner in an innocent way. Therefore teasing and jokes about him become a daily thing for Foreigner.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasm -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasm

Wish upon a Shooting Star
    Twinkle, Twinkle little Star

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
    Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
    How I wonder what you are!
    Up above the world so high,
    Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
    When he nothing shines upon,
    Then you show your little light,
    Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the trav’ller in the dark,
    Thanks you for your tiny spark,
    He could not see which way to go,
    If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
    And often thro’ my curtains peep,
    For you never shut your eye,
    Till the sun is in the sky.

‘Tis your bright and tiny spark,
    Lights the trav’ller in the dark,
    Tho’ I know not what you are,
    Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

Foreigner transforms to his true form and rises into the sky while singing his melody.
    He illuminates the dark sky and around him shiny stars appear, looking like diamonds on the dark dress of the night. He instills hope into the very soul of all in need, removing their mental pollutions and protecting them from any applications. It helps onlookers to find their way in life again, formulating their own goals, striving to fulfill their wishes of the future for themselves and humanity with their own hands. It even has a chance to change the alignment of Servants to Good for the duration of this Noble Phantasm and maybe even longer.
    All close their eyes and wish for the best tomorrow and the many days after. Those wishes manifest in Foreigner as a surge in bright Mana to shine even brighter and give them the hope they long for. The light shines upon anything, the world, the darkness, and even that which is considered a threat to humanity. No matter how hopeless and dangerous the situation, he instills will, and where is will, there is hope.
    It grants him the ability of Clairvoyance on anything his light touches and to all in range the ability to see something in the situation that will not prevent a brighter day tomorrow, a potent morale boost.
    Becoming the literal Diamond in the sky, his Endurance Parameter rises drastically, preventing any enemy, no matter how vicious they attack, to stop his mission of bringing light for the next morning to come.
    The human consciousness wishes for salvation and the earth shall provide and grant an opening to realize that.
    Any threat that endangers humans, the region, or even the world and reality itself will find its weak spot revealed.
    And if they have none and hope seems lost?
    It shall create one tiny chance, targetted by all to reach for success.
    The ones chosen to be the bearer of hope will receive a powerful blessing from Foreigner. He grants them all Mana he received from the people praying for success including his own and the skill Counter Threat to Humanity.
    While those chosen ones reach for the stars after a little star reached out for them, it starts to fade. And while the rescued souls cheer, because their wish was fulfilled, the little star makes his last journey.
    In the pale blue sky of morning light, we see how the twinkling little star becomes a bright colorful shooting star and bids his final voyage.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personality -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personality

An honest and bubbly little optimist. Without self-restraint, he does what his childish mind wants and says his mind without regard of anyone's feeling outside his own, but still without bad intentions. He tells you when he likes you, he tells you when he doesn't like you and he surely will tell you when that changed.
    Still, he has the mind of a child, doesn't get everything people say, but still tries his hardest to act like he can play in the big league anyway. Due to his Cute Appearance Skill that often gets called out and is made fun of, much to his dismay.
    Especially children loving Servants adore this little goofball and tease him that he is soooo cute, they want to devour him, but fear for diabetes. With a small tear in his eye and thinking they really mean it, a shaking "Please don't eat me…I'm no food" can be heard, piercing the hearts of all moe lovers and prompting them to cuddle him even more.
    He loves music and singing with a particular interest in French lullabies. His most favorite is of course his hymn "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" or only "The Star".
    The only thing that rivals his love for music is food, always up for a snack and sweets. He loves fish and despite not being able to swim, he often lurks around ponds and tries to catch fish so others can cook for him. That obviously led to some rescue missions of fishing him out of the water, despite him not being able to drown as a Servant.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Quotes and Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Quotes and Relationships

"Hey Hey Hey Master, how are ya? I know you've been kinda stressed lately. That thing you are doing here in Chaldea with all those superheroes has to be pretty hard on you. But I believe in you! Always! You got it, you always did, right? As long we are here we can always think about tomorrow and what we can think about is always possible, right? Hope never stops shining and if it ever does, I will be there to let it shine again! Hope is like a Starry Night! It may be one time brighter or one time darker, sometimes a little light is gone forever, but two new ones are born in their stead! So never lose hope! Keep shining like a star, Master! Oh you feel better already? Great, now come let's sing with the others!"

Dioscuri:
    "Pollux-neechan is sooo nice to me.
    Playing with her is so fun! Don't tell Da Vinci, but sometimes we sneak out past my bedtime to look at the night sky!
    But Castor-kun is a little meanie, but he can't fool me! I know he likes me! He just doesn't want to show it! He thinks he is cool or something, but being kind is much cooler, right Master?"

Astraea:
    "Oh you come regarding that little Foreigner boy? I am not sure how to describe it. I don't know him, yet it feels like I do. As if he was always around. He is a little ball of annoying joy, but he seems to be wishes incarnate. You know the custom of wishing upon a shooting star because that's when the gods are listening? That was popularized by a man named Ptolemy, he was born in my realm. But that custom is much older than him and as a god, I can tell you, they didn't listen. Someone had to come up with it and someone had to fulfill some wishes of those to keep it known and popular among humans. That is all I have to say, Master."

Marie Antoinette:
    *sings* "Moi je dis que les bonbons, Valent mieux que la raison." "ZZzzzzzzzZZZ" "Pssst, that little guy just fell asleep on my lap. Isnt he cute? Look how squishy his cheeks are hehe" "meeeehh…"

Mozart:
    *confused looks are shared* "You sure I am like that weirdo over there? What's up with his nails?"

Nursery Rhymes:
    "I love playing with her! I don't understand what you mean with she is a book, but I don't care! She is so nice and I think we understand us really well!"

Voyager-1:
    "Oooh it is so fun playing with him! His little car goes BBRRRRRR and WOOOSH! It really feels like we are brothers, we think so alike! ! I can even call him Vovo-niisan!"

Yang Guifei:
    "Hihihi heyooo Master~ I just came back from singing with Yuyu-chan! She plays so well and is sooo kind. I really like her, despite her let's say weird condition she is in. But she is strong and is no threat to us! We are friends and if she ever loses her way I will be there as her buddy to bring her back to her senses. Like she herself, Hope is like a star that never stops shining!"

Van Gogh:
    "Their painting is beautiful and so unique! I love looking at it, it captures the soul of a cool summer starry night so nicely! But it is sad that they don't like it like all others do and that they don't like themselves like we do...but oh well. I will make them! Tomorrow for sure!"

Raikou:
    "Master please, she wants to eat me…" "OOOOOhhhh come here you litte cutie, i could eat you" *presses him between her breasts* "Master pweeeaaase…"

Boudica:
    "Master, can you please have an eye or even two on that little Foreigner boy here? *holding him up* "Oh Hey Master, wazzup?" It is the fourth time this week he walked into my kitchen asking for a meal. I have no problem with that, the boy is just always dripping wet and sneezes when he brings me his fish and makes a mess here. My big pots shouldnt be used that often as his private little bathtub. One day will cook him by accident!"

Tarrare:
    "He is my bestest bud here! He is odd, but I really like him! He always looks so stylish, I wish I could have so many cool outfits! But all the ladies who make those fancy clothes say I can not have any, it is forbidden for a "Whale Fair Servant" or something! I want new outfits with each Ascension too! Instead, I could only change my pose.
    Oh Tarrare, right! I wish to help him, Master! My friend is always hungry and often looks so sad. I give him all my sweets I got from the others on some days, but it still is not enough. Master, can we please help him? Please?"

Goredolf-Sobieski:
    "Uncle Gordy-Sobi is the coolest! He always shares his snacks when I am around! And he knows the best recipes for any fish I catch! Do not tell the others, but he has several hidden stashes of sweets hidden in Chaldea!"

Watcher of Memes:
    "Wei-Weirdo! Master, that guy over there is a weirdo! He came and pressed two slices of bread against my face and said "What are you?" ! What is up with him?! And then I said my name and then he said "Wrong. You either say "An Idiot Sandwich" or "Emergency Food"."
    He then left and said he gives me a bad Yelp review and a downvote! What the hell!"

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Craft Essence

Stars, Hopes and Dreams

In the late hours of the night,
    we created our own galaxy.
    Every fear, every hope,
    every desire we shared,
    every dream, every nightmare,
    every wish or curse we spoke,
    became a star in the sky.

It did not take us long
    to light up the sky
    with our own constellations.
    It did not take time
    to darken the heavens with the abyss.

What is order?
    What Is chaos?
    What do they mean in the celestial spheres?
    Perhaps nothing, perhaps all.
    But for him
    it is everything.

I am surprised that the colors look good. For my Halloween project, I tried to stay monochromatic because it is easy, but here I actually pulled off a triadic scheme with blue, pink, and yellow of Paimon's Twinkle's outift.
    And it is exactly one year ago I posted him.
    Yes, this nerd here waited for the right minute to post it.

Here is the prove: old sheet

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just really wanted to post something here.

“Heya! Good day, this is your trashcan speaking! ―Hah, just kidding. I’m sure you must be asking yourself who am I, but I assure you I’m not even interesting enough for that whole 「holding out my true name until the beginning of a sheet」 shtick, so I’ll just say it. The name’s Ciabhán, the Class is Lancer. I don’t know why on Earth you’ve decided to summon me, but I suppose we have a lot of time to find out together from now on, eh?”

Lancer
    — THE UNSUNG HERO —

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Saber, Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Ireland

Height: 185 cm | 6'0''
    Weight: 73 kg | 160,9 lbs

Natural Enemy: Himself
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Servant, Male, Brynhildr’s Beloved, Weak to Enuma Elish

STRENGTH: B

ENDURANCE: C

AGILITY: A

MANA: E

LUCK: B

NOBLE PHANTASM: C

I

Magic Resistance: B

Back in his day, magecraft still retained its ancient strength, granting him advantage against most modern magecraft. Or, that’s the gist of it, but... You know, he wasn’t a seasoned warrior at all, so even himself is quite surprised at this Rank. What even is happening here?

—Why, yes, the possibility of this being a remnant of the blessings of a certain faerie queen did cross his mind, thank you. But he refuses to entertain this idea. This simply won’t do.

II

Ciabhán, also known by his peers as 『Keevan of the curly looks』, was an Irish hero, and for a brief period a member of the Fianna knights, a group of honored warriors lead by Fionn mac Cumhaill. As he reaches
    Tír na nÓg
    Tír Tairngire
    in an unusual fashion, this being the land of faeries, he ends up falling in love with the queen of Banshees, Clíodhna, and they eventually elope to the mortal realm to be together against all odds. But their elopement caused great distress in the land of the young and then, while he was away, the enraged faeries decided to take their revenge by drowning their former queen.

“Yes, yes, it is I, the hero of the thousand un-accomplishments! This is all my existence has amounted to. But this is such a boring tale, I’m sure you wanna hear something that’s at least funny, right? Wait, I have the perfect joke! It starts like this: so, there’s my life...”

――Ah, wait... This should be more... Uhm...
    Let us start from the beginning, shall we!

III

Height/Weight: 185cm・73kg
    Source: Celtic mythology
    Region: Europe
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

IV

Ciabhán was a self-assured youth with a simple dream: he wanted to be a hero. Nothing more and nothing less. He wanted to be a sparkling knight, a young legend who was admired by men and women alike. His ambitions and his passion were his weapons to brandish in order to pursue this dream, a desire that shouldn’t be underestimated: he trained day and night, until his hands were covered in blisters, until he couldn’t visualize anything but sword moves. He trained until his skills were unmatched by any other man in his hometown and, eventually, in the whole region. When this happened, he finally admitted to himself he was ready to try―he’d finally walk the road that was meant to him.

He set foot to the court of Fionn mac Cumhaill to prove his valor, with nothing but his dreams and an old sword that was at the point of becoming irredeemably rusty. He journeyed day and night, and learned a lot of valuable lessons during these days. One that stick with him though, it was that one: just like any noteworthy hero of songs, apparently he had a weakness as well... Girls. Their demure smiles and their soft eyes, whatever they had, it was like honey; a sweet siren song he couldn’t fight against. The way they brightened his day and made his life a lot more beautiful, as if they were flowers in a garden, brought him joy. But also, it became a source of secret anxieties... A journey that could take a month, at most, took him three to four times that much because he felt so heartbroken every time he had to leave behind a village with so many pretty girlfriends in it…

However, every story has to reach their climax one day, isn’t that right? And one day, he reached the court of his childhood hero. By a stroke of luck (and a show of his abilities), he managed to retain the attention of Fionn, who proved to be a wise ruler and a kindred spirit in more ways than one. He understood the strength of this young warrior of no name that still held so much promise, and allowed him in his group.

Ciabhán never felt happier; there he was, finally in the place he was meant to be, in the middle of warriors of almost mythical fame, such as Diarmuid and Oísin. Whatever happened to his life now, he’d depart from this plane as the happiest man, surely. His happiness, though, was short-lived, as it was clear that whenever they went, this young man would always cause troubles with his passing affections with the local girls. Undercover missions would be quickly telegraphed to the wrong people, surprise attacks easily disclosed, and needless compensations and proofs of value employed all the time to soothe the populace (as in, angry fathers and husbands)... It was only natural that, eventually, all those piled up transgressions came caught up to him, in the form of an 「invitation」 to 「kindly leave the band of Fianna and never return.」

The (former) knight was devastated as he was forced to leave behind his dreams and all of what gave his life meaning. The next course was exceedingly natural: for a long time, he contemplated suicide. The surface of a lake would seem so inviting, his blades so alluring. He thought that to die like a discarded piece of meat was a fitting end for such a vexing hero... No, he didn’t even reach his potential. He couldn’t even be called a hero.

――And perhaps, that was the last string holding his whole soul together.

Every time he tried to unceremoniously slash his wrists or drown in a lake, every time he tried to let himself be thrashed by a wild boar or tie a rope in a tree, he’d always come back; something still anchored him in this world, a faint desire, the wish to not let that be the end of his story. Surely, that was the ever-burning fire of a youthful dream. A hero that was yet to be born...

V

As he decides to give himself an ultimatum, one last chance to do it right by his dream, he starts to weigh his options. The one that could work the most was, naturally, to pray for the faeries; after all, they were powerful beings who blessed mighty warriors all the time. It wasn’t like they wouldn’t do the same for him, even though he was not exactly a mighty warrior (yet), right... He could easily prove his might in battle for them if it came down to that... Besides, in his head, after proving his valor, if they helped him he’d gather all sorts of accomplishments, and would be accepted again by Fionn mac Cumhaill in his band. This time, he would be good. He wouldn’t look at anyone, he would even become a chaste knight! Word!

Anyway, what a magnificent plan, with absolutely no margin for anything going wrong, ever! He was surprised this cool idea even came from his head at all! And so, with newfound drive, Ciabhán spends the next months finding his way to
    Tír na nÓg
    Tír Tairngire
    , the everlasting paradise of faeries. It took a lot of time and so much effort was expended, but he never gave up on this ambition. As he stepped in the beautiful emerald-colored paradise, his charismatic nature quickly won over all the faeries he encountered in his way. For some reason, they found him amusing and handsome; clearly, they were indeed beings without any human common sense... Well, and of course, Ciabhán couldn’t contain himself and quickly took advantage of that, flirting with all sorts of faeries. So much for that promise of being a chaste knight, eh.

―That is to say, until he laid his eyes on her. Clíodhna.

Her beauty took his breath away. Her regal presence made him feel small for the first time. Her voice has the crystalline quality of silver bells. In his heart, Ciabhán decided that that was “the one,” the woman he would work hard for―the woman that was allowed to hold his heart in her hands and to do with it whatever she wanted. But the road to her heart was slow and full of hurdles, as he expected... She was just as much of a queen inside as she was outside.

He could vividly remember, out of the many times he found himself in a pinch because of his stupid desires from the heart, that time when her sister Aoibhell, the guardian spirit of Dál gCais, fell for his youthful charms. Because he clearly had forgotten about his vows of chastity by this point, he couldn’t help but to give such a good-looking lady some of his attention. At that point, perhaps the faerie queen’s heart was already wavering under the pressure of such a pure display of affection from a charming young man, and it came to her attention that her object of desire was fooling around with her questionable sister.

Faeries are a weird bunch, and their hate burns brightly like a firefly under the night. Especially when they are siblings, it seems. The fact that Aoibhell was messing around with her human enraged the Banshee so much that she transformed that poor woman into a white cat, with no intention to ever turn her back to her human form. Worse than that, Ciabhán even remembers how Clíodhna wanted to transform him into a bird, also, so that cat would eat him whole… Ahh, but somehow, without a shred of self-preservation, he just thought she looked extremely cute when she was jealous...

―Anyway, of course that eventually this stupid couple accepted their feelings for each other and got together.

VI

After their acceptance of their own feelings for each other, Clíodhna mellowed down considerably. She showed him a side so sweet as the taste of a summer fruit, something that was meant only for his eyes―a knowledge that further humbled him in face of a love he was sure he never felt before.

During his life, he always felt like being a hero was the only thing capable of granting meaning to his measly existence. As if he would only be a faint star if he couldn’t become a Fianna warrior, Ciabhán pursued this path for as long as he could remember. But now, things became different somehow―he felt, perhaps for the first time, that he might truly belong somewhere else, after all. The knights of Fianna were like a beautiful dream, like the warmth of a candle, and albeit that was a short-lived and unattainable dream, it still called to him like the radiance of a lighthouse; but in the faerie queen’s arms, he felt that maybe he could allow himself to dream even further―he could allow himself to dream of having all of that for himself. Both this feeling and that feeling. Surely, with her by his side, not only he’d have all the glory of the faeries, but he also would have the drive to try harder and harder to win back Fionn mac Cumhaill’s trust... The echo of his original intentions coming back like waves on a beach, after a long period.

Unaware of her partner’s fluctuating loyalties, Clíodhna tried to preserve what they had in her own way, as well. She invited him again and again to live there, in everlasting bliss, in the land of faeries. She promised him riches and strength. He would be her consort, and they would reign together. The faeries would accept him, as they already considered him something precious―and so, he would have everything.

However, in his heart, he knew that he’d never have the one thing he wanted if he stayed there, sharing that blissful existence with the Banshee: he’d never attain glory. He’d never be the hero he dreamed of if he stayed there in paradise. That last thread that held his soul together after losing sight of his ambitions once would unravel itself if he did not try just this one time, again.

So, instead of waiting to hear another invitation to stay in the land of faeries, this time, Ciabhán took the initiative and instead asked Clíodhna to go to the mortal realm with him. He was expecting rejection, or maybe a promise to love him forever, blessings to anchor him to his journey as the queen decided to stay behind and take care of her subjects.

――But, then, she accepted his words.

――What happened beyond that was a happy, fleeting, sweet dream. A dream he allowed himself to have, a dream they’ve built together with a misplaced hope that didn’t belong anywhere in their lives. A dream taken away by a cruel wave, by the rage of the faeries, by his own carelessness.

No one bothered to remember him after his wife died.

And, in a sense, he didn’t bother to remember himself as well.

VII

Affection From the Faeries: A

In a time where even heroes were said to not come back unscathed from their ventures to the Land of
    Tír na nÓg
    Tír Tairngire
    ―unless they were personally invited by its inhabitants―Lancer was one that was constantly traveling between the two realms. Truly, for all his lack of self-confidence, he is quite competent when he wants to be.

By employing his natural charisma, he was able to win over the hearts of the mythical faeries. At a certain point, he was even assured of living a long and peaceful life after having taken away their Banshee queen, thus disrupting the natural order of the land. One could call it a blessing, he thought it was more of a curse instead... But whatever it was, no one can deny the fact that it’s a noteworthy accomplishment all the same.

His charisma was so everlasting that even to this day, according to the faeries, it’s still believed that 『there’s no way someone as nice as him is the culprit! The queen must have seduced him and forced him to comply with her plans!』 And no matter what he says about the whole mess being a completely consensual, two-way decision, thoroughly premeditated by both of them, they keep admonishing him to not defend that treacherous woman.

―He’s still trying to convince them. Seriously, guys, please punish him as well! End this madness!

While this doesn’t happen, he’s still protected by the Elementals, so other than Mana and Luck, all parameters always temporarily Rank up during battles. Yet another incentive that forbids him from dying, the way he wants to.

Trouble with Women (Caprice): A

It is exceedingly easy for him to encounter troubles with women due to women’s beautiful appearances being the source of those troubles. However, he is not the only one marked for unhappiness when this happens: his target of affection suffers as well, for some reason.

This eventual awareness of his particular circumstances became an unbearable curse when he noticed that no matter where he goes, it seems that not only he causes troubles for himself―as he was 「kindly asked to leave」 the Fianna knights for his womanizing ways―but he also seems to cause trouble to the women that dare to stay close to him. He might even joke around, proclaiming that 『like a garbage phoenix, I will rise from the dumps,』 but this is a font of great anxiety for Ciabhán. Just thinking of Aoibhell’s or his wife’s fates is… Depressing, to say the least. He does not find in him even the strength to joke around whenever reality dawns on him like that.

―Furthermore! Not only that! But you know what’s the worst thing? It’s that no matter what, he seems to never get his due punishment for all the troubles he causes.

Summer Child: A

A man that had nothing but his dreams and his youthful disposition to take him anywhere in life. This is a Skill long forgotten by his old, (maybe wiser) pessimister self.

Adorned with a natural charisma that is not meant for the battlefield, but rather for bringing people around him, he is one to always find himself in the good graces of acquaintances. Like a bright point of light, he is able to steal the spotlight and command attention from all manner of people. Since it looks that he is just that naturally attuned to the feelings of the ones around him, that makes this Skill shape his intonation of voice, mannerisms and words accordingly, in order to bring out the most pleasant outcome for both parties. In other words, it merely translates in a natural talent to charm people.

But because it’s Ciabhán, there’s always some fine print somewhere: no matter how many self-deprecating jokes he tells, no one seems to reach that point of becoming uncomfortable with them. Somehow, it goes like this all the time... So, no worries, he can cry for help and hate himself all he wants, no one will be bothered by his antics!

Honor of the Knights of Fianna: E

The buried, but never forgotten, dreams of a young man taking shape.

Even if he is forbidden―even if his place will never be by their side, maybe never was in first place―he still carries in his heart the pale flame of a chief-warrior.

VIII

Moonlight drowns all but the brightest stars. Down into the silent garden echoes the ring of seven bells. Breath of twilight, hour of silence. —O sacred wren who casts shadows in the earth, may only the light move under your wings.

A Beacon of Light at the World’s End
    Claidheamh Soluis

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 25m
    Max. number of targets: 40~50

The Claidheamh Soluis was a rumored god-slaying weapon of epic proportions. The sheer power of this sword... Uhh, lance in this case?... is even comparable to other equally mythical weapons, like the mysterious Gae Bolg or the holy sword Excalibur.

――Well, of course, if we must be technical, this is but a sublimation of his desire of having a proper and heroic weapon, since the real Glaive of Light is obviously still in possession of the god Nuada Airgetlám, who would never allow a no-name warrior wannabe to touch his precious treasures. (“Wait right there! What do you mean, a fake? I will let you know that this is the real deal! *huff* How rude to think otherwise. I’d only ever give proper things for my husband!”, Clíodhna would chime in, indignantly, if she could hear these obvious slanders against both her lover and her own abilities. But in his opinion? It’s totally fine, you don’t have to protect his feelings like that by lying through your teeth... He’s not a child, he knows it’s a fake, but it’s really fine. Seriously.)

Anyway, speaking more about this totally original item, absolutely no counterfeit here, they say that the Glaive of Light is an object that is inherited after a valorous quest (his quest to Clíodhna’s heart), that is sometimes aided by a beautiful woman (the faerie queen herself), in order to defeat a great evil (his womanizing ways). See? Everything fits! He is clearly fit to hold this magical weapon!

(Oh my god, babe, he told you already it’s fine... You don’t have to justify any of that anymore, stop embarrassing yourself...!)

Blessed by the power of faeries (or so it’s what comes with the product. Possibly, there’s only a super blessing by one and only faerie, the only one who matters! What do you mean, he’s going to touch in other’s blessings? Nu-uh!), this is a power that can damage anything beyond repairment or healing. Any injury does not recover from their degraded state and remains in complete decadence after the wounds are given; the same can even be applied to inanimate objects.

Furthermore, as a sword of light, it can generate illumination of various intensities. It can even induce temporary blindness because of its brightness when forced to its limits. But that’s so not cool, he looks like a Christmas tree, so Ciabhán doesn’t tend to abuse this particular feature.

And in the Bottomless Ocean Let me be Laid
    Tonn Chlíodhna

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~50
    Max. number of targets: 200

A self-sealed Noble Phantasm.

The sublimation of 『wishing to die with that person.』

By calling forth pale imitations of the waves that took the faerie queen Clíodhna’s life, he leads enemies to the same agonizing death his wife experienced by the hands of the sea deity. As a side note, it seems that even his body also takes some damage from this Noble Phantasm. Perhaps, he considers himself an enemy as well?

――But yet, he still lives.

IX

He is the personification of the saying, 「show those haters how it’s done by hating yourself most.」

A man whose specialty is to chase after shadows of his past.

There is nothing he sings praise about himself, and there is nothing about him one should admire. A bird devoid of his wings, a human devoid of his dreams―those are apt comparisons to make when one takes just a glance at him. Truth to be told, he doesn’t even know why the Throne of Heroes allowed a creature like him to be summoned――but, perhaps, it is so he can’t ever rest in peace. Yes, it must be his punishment for all he did. To be always called back again and again to this world that shunned him, being forced to remember and relive everything as if it’s a fresh wound, to suffer anew every time as he deserved to―and yet... And yet, a part of him still yearns...

“Ahaha, don’t worry! I’m at a really low point right now, but the good news is that the worst is still ahead!”

―Anyway! Needless to say, his brand of humor is the dry and self-deprecating type. He wears mockery like a second skin, an armor tailored specifically for him, to help him protect his own heart, so thoroughly beaten down by this point. But even at his lowest, he still tends to speak about everything with such a youthful energy that people are compelled to laugh at him instead of seeing his depression for what it is―much like a stand-up comedian, really.

His attitude towards a Master who dares to summon him is, in a sense, the same he had towards Fionn mac Cumhaill. He is respectful and ready for duty, a hardworking Servant that will surely protect his Master with his life. Under this eagerness to prove himself, though, lies the desire to just leave everything behind and rest. As if he could even become a hero now, of all times, right? It’s all meaningless in the end.

―Still, that single thread holding his soul together is frayed, but not ripped yet. In the depths of his soul, he still wants to believe that, if anything, this summoning must have at least one purpose, right? No one would call for him just to punish him, right? So, if he closes his eyes for a moment, he can at least pretend he is a good person in front of this one human, right? Yes... It must be this…

(Do not be fooled. These unusual bouts of optimism, they come and go like the wind. Ciabhán is truly something else, as you can see.)

Well, it also seems that his wish is something he refuses to disclose, on top of everything else that embarrasses him. No matter how hard one presses about the issue, he refuses to bulge―and he’ll use his extreme oratory skills to redirect the conversation to something else every time. One can only wonder... Is it something related to the knights of Fianna? Something about Clíodhna? Or even something else entirely?

“Well, I can’t deny that I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger... But I’m older now, so I can make different, yet more severe mistakes. Hah! You just wait!”

X

Fionn mac Cumhaill
    ...!! Fu... I-I mean, oh my god, is that lord Fionn I’m seeing!? Quick, Master! Send me to a Saber-packed field right now and let me die already! Please!

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne
    Ah, lord Diarmuid is magnificent today, as well... ―Ugh, this sucks. Excuse me, Master, I suddenly have the urge to hit my head against the wall until I pass out. See you later!

Cú Chulainn
    He’s so cool, don’t you think? Every kid back in the day dreamed of being half of what lord Cú Chulainn was… How nice is that some of them truly became a hero as noteworthy as him...

Fergus mac Róich
    How dare I breathe the same air as lord Fergus? Don’t you agree that I’m very conceited for it? ――And yet, I want his sign so much... M-Master, would you...? Perhaps…?

Clíodhna
    (WhiteFrenzy)
    ――Don’t. ―Just… Don’t. Please, Master? I know what you’re going to say, I know that too, but don’t wanna hear. Not yet... Not ever. Don’t say it. Please. Please.

Lughaid Lámfhada
    (WhiteFrenzy)
    Oh, it’s you. Hey, man. ―Wait, why are you looking at me like you have something to say?

Edern ap Nudd
    (Morgan van Destro)
    We went to some quests together and all, but he’s so eager to prove himself. It kinda made me tired, you know? Ah, but! It’s nice to see someone so ready to prove himself, that part of him is cool.

Caílte mac Rónáin
    (Cursed by Fortuna)
    I never really spoke that much to lord Caílte, actually. He chased the girls away with that frown of his, so I tried to avoid being by his side. So he’s here now too, huh? Maybe I should... No. Nah, better not.

Brunhild
    (Nuclear Consensus)
    Ehh, she reminds me of Clíodhna when we first met. Actually, she reminds me of her so much that... I dunno, I’m not digging it. If you excuse me, I’m dropping this like it’s my hopes and dreams.

Cain
    (RoydGolden)
    And here I was thinking I was a goddamn trainwreck already. I’m not envying you at all, Master. *pats*

The Morrigan
    (Baron Magnus)
    Oh god, is that...? No, nope. Not today. I’m not ready to interact with people from
    Tír na nÓg
    Tír Tairngire
    again. ―Aaahh, what a beautiful day to hate myself!

Emma Orczy
    (BnEl15)
    I mean... We're all trash, quite frankly. ―At least, she’s pretty.

Furbaide Ferbend
    (RoydGolden)
    Are you serious, that dude is here too? Pfff. ――No. Actually, when I remember that he’s far more heroic than I ever was, I suddenly don’t wanna laugh anymore. But, tell me, he does fight with a piece of cheese, right? He totally does, right?

Azazel
    (Kamera)
    Is this one of those famed Pretender people that suddenly invaded Chaldea? Oh. Well, that was thoroughly disappointing. Back in my day, we had Fakers and it was already so confusing. What’s the big deal about hiding your identity? Like, my life’s purpose is to be a cautionary tale for others, but at least I embrace it for the trashy role it is.

Enoch
    (Baron Magnus)
    It’s almost like he’s a fey too. ―Man, it’s kinda unsettling to be next to him, can I go now?

Hektor (Summer)
    (Nuclear Consensus)
    Would you look at that, a summer male Servant. That’s something to brag about, I guess. Oh, that reminds me I was supposed to come this summer too, but someone here couldn’t find a picture in time. ―Well, it was for the best! Can you imagine? I mean, well… Hell yeah, I’m hot! A hot mess. But still.

"Twinkle Stars"
    (DelRey)
    The very representation of dreams, huh... I’m sure this lil’ guy brings comfort to everyone who wishes the bad days to be over soon. As for me? Well, I guess I’m just ready for this life to be over. ―Oh, I mean, lmao.

CRAFT ESSENCE

―I’m sorry, Clíodhna.
    I’m sorry for being so useless.

I should’ve stayed with you in
    Tír na nÓg
    Tír Tairngire
    , back then. I should’ve chosen to stay happy forever. I should’ve treasured you above my own whims. I should’ve amused your only selfish wish.

And yet, the only thing I did was to unceremoniously take you away from your people.

I’ve made you choose between me or them. I should’ve never made you have to choose... I was so cruel. So careless, so childish.

I committed a terrible sin and I couldn’t even die in your place to atone for it.

I was so useless.
    Forgive me...

Final notes
    Part 1 of my project of making the band of Fianna a bunch of disillusioned, depressed men.
    Part 2 is in my Lancer tab as well and... Someday, maybe, part 3 will be released. Until there, bear with me.

Also, I'm so sorry. I'm drowing in work and forum projects but I still wanted to try and re-make an older work. I suppose the opportunity to finally redux this guy came, and I embraced it wholeheartedly.

I'll properly comment on the other entries as soon as possible, I promise. I just need to survive this week. ;_;

Anyway, for now, thank you very much for reading all this and if you enjoyed this horrible man, my thanks as well.

Wait, you're still curious about his messy 1.0 profile? Well then.

Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; November 16th, 2021 at 08:44 AM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Guess this thread isn’t dead after all.

Blog Entries
    yes, we revived this totally dead thread just for your entertainment, sire.
    We dish out our works just to please you and end your royal boredom. We then await with bated breath your offhand remarks and haughty comments to feel noticed and appreciated by your highness.

I will comment on all entries when voting starts.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    You’re an asshole.

Blog Entries
    thank you, sire. I will treasure your words.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Oh no, my mutuals fighting

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I kinda already entered everything and all that's left is to update interactions whenever a new sheet is posted. That said, It's about time to comment on all the new servants

Summer Hektor: A fun sheet. I absolutely love it.

Foreigner of Twinkling Stars: A very fun very well put together servant. As always Delray lets out a banger.

Clabhan: A sheet that had a surprising twist... I'm both heartbroken by it and amazed. Then again it's not a surprise that you did such great work after your domination of the last tourney.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    thank you, sire. I will treasure your words.
    Ratio+ don’t care+didn’t ask+the hood watches bnel15 now+you’re white.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; November 16th, 2021 at 12:38 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nani

Blog Entries
    Guess he really is 13.
    I can imagine how he fortnite dances over my broken body after his comment.
    Perhaps he can evaluate what he means with "you're white". I hope he does not try to bring skin color into a discussion, because then i can get a bit upset

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thank you. My comments was based on something a famous streamer (xqcow) said to another famous streamer (destiny).
    Last edited by NINE-lives; November 16th, 2021 at 02:10 PM.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ya know, I usually don't like to post off-topic comments, but I'll give y'all a great tip that'll give you lots of peace of mind.

I present you the Ignore List, you can find it in the Settings:

For obvious reasons I won't disclose the contents of my own Ignore list, but I do have some people here. By curating my personal space, I don't ever see any post of them and I have the greatest time in this place. Y'all should try that too, I swear it's an amazing feature.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Caster of Steam-powered Fantasy
    The Father of Computers

source

Height: 250cm
    Weight: 500kg
    Dislikes: "Wastefulness. Everything my ideal seeks to extinguish."
    Attribute: Human.
    Alignment: Neutral Good.
    Region: England.
    Catalyst: A Master seeking to live up to fantastical ideals through concrete means.

STR C++
    END C++
    AGI D++
    MGI A
    LUC E
    NP A+

Caster’s true name is Charles Babbage. The 19th century mathematic genius, a master of numbers that sought to advance humanity at a speed others couldn't comprehend. The man who conceptualized the pair of machines that would come to be known as the first computers: Difference Engine and the Annalytical Engine. His vision was deemed idealistic and fantastical at the time, and he always struggled to find the funding and time necessary to achieve his dreams. In the end, he was never able to complete either of the engines.
    However, even if his era’s cynics doomed his projects then, the world acknowledges his genius and his ideals as something worth striving for. Remembered as the man who paved the way to the greatest technological revolution in human history, he is crowned the Father of Computers.

Personality, History and Wish

A strict workaholic who can only think about his own work. At the same time an idealistic dreamer amazed by human ingenuity and scientific progress. Babbage is a man of few words, but whose vocabulary is akin to a philosopher than a mathematician.

Babbage was always the best student among his peers as he grew up, which propelled him towards a path of academic work that led to him enrolling and graduating from the University of Cambridge.
    Though he had always been a smart and ingenious person, he only achieved the level of a genius as a young man fresh out of college, when he realized the unsurmountable wastefulness of human society. They had grown beyond what they were naturally able to sustain and had to pay that difference in time and happiness. Theirs was a society that burdened its greatest minds with menial but necessary math and asked that they sacrificed their preciously short lives for the sake of their peers.
    Every aspect of civilization exists by the virtue of mathematics. If he was able to somehow automate this process, if he was able to free the great minds of inventors and scientists from having to waste their lives buried in calculus, then surely society would advance at a rapid pace. Surely those spearing this development would have the time to find happiness alongside their contemporaries.

It was surely the idealistic fantasy that only a genius could come up with, born out of his mastery of numbers, but also of a particular moment from his childhood that had captured his mind since then…

Children crowded the workshop of Merlin, hopping and yelling and laughing. John Joseph Merlin, just like his namesake, never failed to amaze a curious mind. Only, instead of magic, his craft was gears and steam.

Babbage and the other children were staring at a cardboard box. Utterly improper for the wonders within.
    It was opened to reveal the ballerina and its absurd movements. No one there could comprehend how the minute gearwork was able to function as one and guide her dance. To these children, it was the greatest mystery they had ever seen, witnessed in short bursts of wonder between the copper skin of the muse. It was an entire universe of steam. Its planets, spinning gears locked into hyper-complex systems designed to enrapture the watchers.

It was a fantastical vision made possible by the diligent work of real humans. A steam-powered idol to efficiency and joy.

It’s the core of the Heroic Spirit Charles Babbage. It’s spark and its goal.

Class Skills

Territory Creation EX.

It is the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.

Instead of the ability to build a workshop, this skill represents the unusual nature of Babbage’s continuously expanding Reality Marble. A world of fantasy that manifests as an armored shell which shields him the cynicism of the society that once denied his dream. While inside it, all of Babbage’s physical parameters are granted massive temporary bonuses.

Personal Skills

Single-Mindedness C-.

A skill that displays the superhuman power of concentration by devoting oneself to a single thing.

In Babbage’s case, this represents his demeanor towards actions related to his field of study and his mechanical works such as calculations, planning and production. One would usually assume that a man as focused as Caster deserves a higher rank at this, but since his motivation to work is born out of ideals fundamentally at odds with his own work ethic, he is barely able to reach this rank.

Familiar (Automata) B.

Allows the use of Automata as familiars.

Babbage is able to create idealized versions of the automata he witnessed as a child: the dancer and its accompanying bird. Though he never had the ability to work with such intricate and delicate machinery in life, he did acquire them after Merlin’s death, and is now able to bring forth the undying memory of his inspirations by utilizing materials from the ideal dream he exists within.
    However, these materials are fantasies that cannot withstand the pressure of the real world and inevitably decay during the construction process. Due to this, Babbage is never able to create the automata as he imagines them and keeps trying to iterate on the designs as he chases some way to manifest the idols he pictures. Some design iterations can really distance themselves from the original appearance of the art pieces, and if his Master is lucky, they might find some who are useful in recognizance, battle or any number of other functions. Caster assures that this is not his intention, and that their form doesn’t really matter since what he is chasing are not the original dancer and bird, but “two abstract idols which birthed the fantasy of efficiency that lives in my heart”.

Father of Computers A.

A skill that grants a degree of authority over computing machines, allowing one to understand advanced hardware and software as if they were familiar technologies from their time. The user is able to utilize and build all manners of computers.

The proof that his imaginary machines touched the heart of those around him and inspired humanity to develop and evolve. While it may seem like this is a skill exclusive to Babbage, due to the concept of “the first computer” not being as concrete as one may think, it also belongs to a few other Heroic Spirits who share the contested legacy of fathering the first of those machines.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Dimension of Steam
    Gorgeous World of Ashes
    Type: Barrier

"At each increase of knowledge, as well as on the contrivance of every new tool, human labour becomes abridged."

Dimension of Steam. The imaginary self that is Caster Charles Babbage, a man clad in steel, surrounded by the idealistic reality he dreams of and protected from those whose beliefs would erode this fantasy. It is the brilliant, civilized world of efficiency that would have arrived if the Difference Engine and Analytical Engine that he designed during his lifetime had truly been completed. In other words, this is Babbage's longing and dreams sublimated into a Reality Marble.

Even though his Reality Marble is always-expanding, Babbage is not able to project this inner world beyond the boundaries of his steel armor. Whether this is a barrier created from his own reservations after having his ideas continually rejected in life, proof that his dream is so fragile that it cannot withstand a moment in the real world ,or both, it’s a fact that Babbage’s common sense is unable to affect the outside world as it exists now.
    And so, he must never remove this armor. If it's removed even a single time, only a lump of steel that carries no meaning will be left behind.

The Fantastical Engine
    May The Future Arise From My Ashes
    Type: Anti-Problem

"
    For one person who is blessed with the power of invention, many will always be found who have the capacity of applying principles."

The Fantastical Engine. While Babbage always put everything into his work, he was also quick to abandon old ideas when new, better ones came along. It’s why he was so quick to abandon his beloved idea of the Difference Engine in favor of the Analytical Engine. Though this detachment from his own projects only served to prevent even more people from believing in his work.
    Babbage is also not blind to how he, as an obsessive workaholic, represents habits that’d have no place in his idealized fantasy. He is willing to continue to apply this detached attitude to both himself and his work.

Shedding his armor and stepping onto the real world, Babbage fills the area with steam, sustaining the fantasies of his Reality Marble for a short while: just enough time for him to build The Fantastical Engine.
    Because this is not a Noble Phantasm for him to use, it is a gift from a past inventor to the living who’ll shape the future.
    The Engine is a massive machine, five meters long and three tall, with the ability to go beyond mathematics and solve any kind of problem. It’ll give the solution to anything the user inputs into it, providing them with detailed instructions on how to achieve their desired goal.
    It could be said that it is the opposite of the Holy Grail of Fuyuki. While that ritual grants the imputted wish in a way that you can understand, The Fantastical Engine provides you with the instructions on how to grant your own wish in a way you could never have imagined.

Bond Craft Essence

Unfinished Plamo

It almost took a Command Spell to get him to stop working, but he finally found a hobby.

“The engineering in these is impressive. Putting them together is relaxing in a way that I never expected working with such small pieces could be. It's much easier than working the maddening insides of my automata.”

And yet the model was left behind, unfinished.
    As soon as his Master's watchful eyes are gone, he is back to stressing over the minuscule pieces of his machinery.

Tirelessly working for our future, even against his own wishes.

Comments
    I did say that I wouldn't join but then I realized this dude qualifies as a rework.
    My objective here was to bring Babbage's character closer to what his materials describe of him and his history, because his current iteration in FGO is pretty much defined by... being a mecha, providing an excuse for reusing assets and, most recently, being an accessory for Moriarty and Fran.
    I tried to keep everything he already had before while adjusting flavor and adding that big NP change. It's actually something I did to use Babbage on my TTRPG.
    Hope you guys enjoy it.

CE source

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reminds me that I did write a J.J. Merlin sheet before. That could use a rework, but I've been pretty busy lately and idk if I could finish him in time. Might just save it for the next contest.

Blog Entries
    Ciabhán: I pop in randomly just to see how things are going, and I see you remade of my favorites of your older sheets. Didn't see that coming. I see you had some fun expanding on his story and character more, and is that a new Skill I see that does absolutely nothing? Kinda like him! ...I'll see myself out.
    My poor boy ain't got the confidence. Even the wonderful himbo that is Edern isn't enough. So sad.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Babbage: I've long thought that GO's Babbage sheet suffers from overemphasizing the steam over the computer aspects of his work so this was nice to see. The Skills and NPs are all nicely fleshed-out and work well to symbolize his psychology. I guess Familiar (Automata) overlaps with his original's Item Construction (False)? Otherwise you could've included both and gotten the full pair of Caster Class Skills.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought about it but I took him having only one Caster class skill, and a Fake one at that, to be representative of him not being a magus at all, so I decided to stick to just Territory Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Reminds me that I did write a J.J. Merlin sheet before. That could use a rework, but I've been pretty busy lately and idk if I could finish him in time. Might just save it for the next contest.
    I actually think I first learned about him with your sheet. That Silver Swan is insane.