Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: (Bi)Monthly Rework-a-Servant Contest

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I see zero comments for my sheet. I am not asking much, but what did you all think?
    What I think your sheet is (in this particular case at least) is too competent. I'm not framing it as something bad, pls... But it's a sheet that does its job. It presents an interesting character through his dialogue, gives him cool abilities, a fitting NP and even a heartfelt CE and that's it. It fills you like a good food would, but it sorta lacks any lingering taste? I still like the character, far better than some of the others actually, but I simply didn't found any fault or any overly noteworthy thing to speak of it, it's all.

That, of course, is my impression of your work. Other fellas might have other opinions.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    What I think your sheet is (in this particular case at least) is too competent. I'm not framing it as something bad, pls... But it's a sheet that does its job. It presents an interesting character through his dialogue, gives him cool abilities, a fitting NP and even a heartfelt CE and that's it. It fills you like a good food would, but it sorta lacks any lingering taste? I still like the character, far better than some of the others actually, but I simply didn't found any fault or any overly noteworthy thing to speak of it, it's all.

That, of course, is my impression of your work. Other fellas might have other opinions.
    I wanna add to this, since I mostly agree on the general feeling of just, "Hey, solid, competent sheet."- as someone who has read through a good 60-ish percent of your compendium, the main issue of nothing really staying with you is magnified because a lot of the servants I see from you are [Insert Exemplary Muslim from history with a really strong statline here]. Like, don't get me wrong, they're still solid as sheets, and I like a good deal of them despite some issues with wank, it's just... shit blurs together. It's like chicken and rice: perfectly healthy and filling, it's pretty damn good for you, but without spice and sauce, you won't remember it as a meal.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    So, because of my niche, people tend to ignore my sheets. What is this spice that you all mention? Since I am having a hard time grasping the concept, I would really like to know since it could help me build my sheets better suited to the forum from now on.

Blog Entries
    If I might shed some light on things from my point of view:

You don't have one niche. You have multiple niches.

• Figures from the Islamic world (MENA and SEA)
    • Servants with middlingly high power levels
    • Straightforward interpretations that you can understand without thinking too much about it
    • Fundamentally up-front personalities where what you see is what you get

If you step out of one niche, you generally tend to double down on the others, which leads things to blur together quite a lot. It also doesn't help that because they're all generally within the same cultural sphere (which very few of us are in ourselves), we generally don't have an image of these figures going in, and nuance is doubly lost because you tend not to write out lore or personality sections. There isn't enough information to put together who any given character is outside of those niches.

One thing I've noticed a lot is that, for example, when a character has a relationship line with a canon character, their opinion of that character is largely identical to what their original instalment tells the reader to think about that character. Changing this alone is not exactly going to solve any problems, because it's not a problem in itself, but it contributes to the sense of shallowness in that if they have the "correct opinion" of this character, we don't learn anything about them through their expression of that opinion. It gives the impression that they're selected because they're the same type of character as the one you're writing, rather than because the one you're writing has something to say about them.

The creation process seems, perhaps... formulaic, I suppose? Textbook, I would even call them. And I'm not saying there's no skill in creating textbook examples, of course. It's a compliment for a reason. But did you know that calling an example "textbook" was derogatory in the past? What it meant was that it was typical, ordinary, lacking nuance and edge cases that challenged the boundaries of the examples. Accurate, competent, but plain. I think that's your main pitfall right now: having a comfort zone.

Do unusual things. Strain our brains a little more. Give us more information, all the information we need to know and understand this person head to toe, and be one step ahead of us regardless. Make it so that we have to think and wonder to really comprehend the finer points of their characterisation, all the while having all of the puzzle pieces. A really good and memorable character is simultaneously a story and a puzzle, and to grasp everything about one of those, you have to grasp the other as well. And that's the best part about Heroic Spirits - they're people who already lived, and they have a complete story attached to them already with a beginning, middle, and end. Tell us that story through their actions, their memories, and their abilities, rather than writing them as though they're practically still alive.

That's my two cents. I'd make it three cents but I'm broke

- - - Updated - - -

tl;dr increase your wordcount so that the reader can do more interpretation

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I will keep these in mind for the now on when I write down my sheets

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, man. I probably suffer the same way.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, we all have our bad spots- I can't work a non-silly/flippant tone to save my life lol

Blog Entries
    I have a number of weaknesses that I wouldn't have observed on my own. This is why feedback is helpful.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Yup, That is why I am kind of desperate for it since I just got back to sheet making recently and was wondering did I get rusty or I was never any good and the lack of feedback has been agonizing

Blog Entries
    We do have a thread for that.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I know, and I have using it for my sheets quite a while now they do give some great advice

Blog Entries
    march forever onward

You are a disappointment.

You are a failure of a Titan.

You are not my Son.

You have betrayed my expectations.

You were supposed to kill them all.

You should never show your face to me again.

Be gone, you incompetent nobody.

Just die instead of wasting any more of my time.

Voices and thoughts belonging to family he never knew plagued his mind. A single lone figure walks upon bone white remains. Corpses of clay span endlessly to a destination they can not see. The sword of bones in his hand scraped against the bodies of his failed iterations. Forever, Patroclus wanders towards his eternal penance as a Titan…

A rumbling of asphalt… A whirring of machinery… Something approaches from behind him…

Numbly, he turns to see…

A strange vehicle of locomotion, less advanced than the Titans’ technology, but… why was it here?

The dimmed window on the passenger side rolled down to reveal the vehicle’s driver.

A man in athletic purple sporting black shades.

Greetings, the One who knows Achilles best. I noticed your sluggish energy and have decided to render my assistance.

The engine ran as Patroclus simply stared at the man; his hazy mind was unsure what to make of it or the man’s extended aid.

The man simply sighs and smiles. A certain Witch of Colchis and her goddess has told me about you. The goddess merely gave me the road to find you and here we are.

Hek…ate? A bubbling fact emerged from his memories.

The man nods.That’s right. The Goddess of Crossroads, but where are my manners? I haven’t even given you my name. Well… It’s not my real name, but I answer to it all the same.

The passenger door opened, as if inviting in the Weapon of the Titans.

My name is Sasaki Kojirou. Though I am aware of your own name, I’d like to hear it from your own mouth.

He is…

You are not Patroclus.

He is…

You were never Patroclus.

He is…

You are nobody.

Nobody.

Oh ho? A fellow Nobody? I greet you from one fellow No One to another.An old man in admiral garb leaned in from the back seats. He saw a smaller person seated beside the old man, but they were fast asleep. Captain Nemo, at your service.

A memory of a captain faded… Odysseus?

The Old Man of the Sea laughed.I am honored to be compared to that man, but enough of me. Why not rest your feet?

His eyes glumly scanned the open seat before him. He looked at the man named Kojirou and found… no ulterior motives in his eyes behind the shades…

If it is the Will of the Gods, then…

The leather seat was soft as the car continued along the road paved with his failures.

Mind sharing your true name, Mr. Nobody?Kojirou offered, his eyes glued to the endless road ahead.

His eyes stared ahead. His mind was numb. His hands were unresponsive. His sword was in pieces on the carpet at his feet.

Patroclus.

A name he does not deserve.

Oh?A touch of concern from the captain.And why do you think so, lad? What can I do to help?

Patroclus cradled a hand on his forehead.

He… cannot tell if he is Patroclus or… just a shell who stole that name.

Hm… A conundrum of Theseus then? I was informed of your plight and thought to compare the circumstances. Nemo ruffled his mustache.

His eyes glazed with remorse.

Do you remember why you are here, Patroclus?Kojirou reminded his passenger.

Remember…

Achilles…The sole word that meant so much more to him than just a name.

A tear spilled from his eye, rolling down his cheek.

Aye. The fastest man in myth. The one you perform this eternal trial for. Nodded Nemo.

Another tear wetted the other cheek. The serenity of a muffled engine and the gently blowing air conditioner only lulled his eyes to flutter close.

You look like you have held back your feelings for a long time, friend.Kojirou observed both his passenger and the road. Why not close your eyes and sort your thoughts out before we can help you in full?

Achilles…

Whispered the Comet Runner’s other half before they drifted to the land of Hypnos…

---

The Gates of Elysium.

A single guard.

Achilles! A monstrous hand made of ashen bones reached out.

“Halt, monster! Elysium is barred to your kind!” A harsh voice.

Achilles! It’s me, Patroclus!

“Ha! Nice try, Titan!” The guard only laughed in his face.

Achilles! Please! Remember! It’s me, Pat!Eyes watered. His voice wavered.

“Don’t you DARE speak that name!” The guard growled offended.

Achille-

“I will send you back down to Tartarus myself!”

A green blur. A spear that can kill Gods.

His Heart that held an Eternal Love for the Comet Runner was-

---

His eyes fluttered open. Dark bags underneath his eyes. Dried water streaks on his face. The humming of a traveling car continued in his ears.

He’s awake. A girl reported.

Ah, so he is.The familiar voice of Captain Nemo confirmed.

Looking back, he saw a girl in a single black hoodie. RAT was written on the hood.

Sup.She grinned with a peace sign.Name’s Shu.

She’s our little stowaway.Nemo chuckled.

I should mention that the Captain is riding alongside us because a fellow Captain asked him to.Kojirou was still driving with a smile.

Odysseus.

Aye. The man whose name derived the only word that can describe my journey called in a favor.Nemo nodded. Whereas this little one simply decided to tag along on her own accord.

The girl smirked.I heard from a couple of Greek great great cousins of mine that it was you who trapped them in cages while on the Black Fleet. You always secretly fed them and set them free on the next island you docked at. I have come to help you out after you helped my family out.

He… thinks he remembers doing that. He thinks.

The Constellation giggled. You don’t need to worry about remembering it when I can vouch for you instead.She crossed her arms atop of the passenger seat’s shoulder and perched her chin on it.

So. What’s got you crying in your sleep, big guy? You were whispering your boyfriend’s name over and over like it was your last words.

It reminded me of my time alone on the Nautilus with only my books for company. Nemo nodded.

Boyfriend…

I am…

Disdain. Disgust. Disappointment.

Those eyes in his dreams…

Scared.

Of?The Rat girl rocked her head along her forearms.

His empty Heart was heavy…

I… changed.

Ah… I see.Kojirou understood as he expertly traversed a series of hairpin turns without even rocking the stability of the cabin. Your service here in Tartarus has deeply affected you.

Everyone changes, lad.The Captain said sagely.Whether it happens in between a moment or an eternity, everyone changes. I was only a mere prince before my journey in the abyss changed me into the man I am.

Shu hummed in delight. I was just a rat chosen out of all of my family. And in a split-second, I became the First Zodiac sign.

As for me…Sasaki Kojirou smiled at a memory only he saw. My training has molded me into the man you see now. We are the collective results of all of our life choices, but… I suppose you are worried about something related to that.

He nodded.

I don’t remember if…His frustration cuts off his sentence. I can’t tell if… His teeth gritted. I just… Am I Patroclus?

Yes?Kojirou said plainly.

Well of course, you are.Nemo answered truthfully.

What kind of question is that? Shu only raised a brow.

I…Patroclus can only shake his head.Sometimes… I remember. Sometimes I feel as if I-

Don’t belong anywhere in the World? Nemo finished the sentence for him. Even less, by the side of Achilles?

Feel like you did not earn your place in the World?” Shu awkwardly coughed.Like you only bluffed and cheated your way through?

Felt as though you do not deserve your name? Kojirou wistfully mused.As if you are an imposter who stole his name?

Patroclus could only stay silent as he realized who his company was.

I…

Two mousy hands placed themselves on his shoulders. It’s okay. It’s all okay. We get it.

That is a question we have all asked ourselves once.A captain who carries the deaths of his lost crew silently mourns.

Sometimes I had wondered if I had truly existed beyond a wraith.The driver can only chuckle. But… then I say, “What a silly question.” I exist now. So that was that.

Dejection stared at the ceiling.

So… then what is the point of performing this… war for the Gods? Killing my family over and over. Dying over and over. Trying to reach for a Dream that doesn’t belong to me? Trying to perfect the idea of Patroclus?

The Swordsman who reached the pinnacle of his swordsmanship only chuckled. I think that is the wrong question. What you should ask yourself is not “How can I make myself Perfect for Achilles?”"

It should be, “Is my Love for Achilles true?” Nemo continued. I could have mastered every skill in the World and I will still be far from Perfection.

If you really love him, then everything else shouldn’t matter to you. Shu grinned.Perfect didn’t win me that race.

I don’t think Achilles wants the most Perfect Patroclus at Elysium.Kojirou shook his head. My own technique is far from that man’s idea of Void.

I think he just wants to see his Pat again in Elysium.Shu shrugs.

The car slowed to a stop. Outside the window was the next iteration of the Trojan War.

The next iteration of the Titanomachia.

Another chance at Elysium. The River Lethe’s waters made waves that washed along the shores of Troy.

Patroclus simply looks on at the carnage…

And saw a single shining star far above in the sky.

Achilles… He muttered. His Heart flickered with an eternal ember.

His eyes closed. The smile from his beloved overwhelmed all his doubts.

Without a word, his hand opened up to his driver. Six bones the size of knuckles sat on his palm.

My fare. He said.

Ah, I only did this for-

I insist. Patroclus forced his gratitude to the Swallow Driver.

With an understanding smile, he took his passenger’s fare.

Thank you. All of you. I will repay you for this kindness in the future. I swear to you on the Styx.

The sounds of war filled the cabin. The passenger door closed. The Comet Runner’s Better Half has attempted another chance at Elysium.

There he goes.Shu said. Think he’ll make it this time?

He will make it eventually. He will arrive at that distant isle. The Captain of the Nautilus nodded so surely. Just as I have.

Their host and driver cleared his throat. Now… How do we wish to divvy these up? I see you two just as deserving of these as I am.Referring to the six bones in his hand.

Just one is enough to satisfy this old man. Grinned Captain Nemo, taking a single piece.

Second place doesn’t sound so bad…Giggled Shu, taking two herself. But first place will be mine someday. Legitimately. Just you wait.

Closing his hand on the last three, Sasaki Kojirou humored the Constellation. Of course, Goddess. Whatever you say.

What’s that supposed to mean!?

The laughter of the two men meshed well with the complaining of the goddess as the car drove off into a cut in reality…

Off to start another race.

Fare Paid
    1 Knucklebone
    Captain Nemo

2 Knucklebones
    Shu

3 Knucklebones
    Sasaki Kojirou

an
    im sorry
    im sorry i disappointed you
    ill do better
    ill leave and learn how to be better
    ill get better grades
    ill write better
    ill get a passing grade
    i promise
    im sorry for breaking your trust in me
    ill promise to do better
    and fail
    and disappoint
    and promise and fail and disappoint
    over and over and over
    when i come back ill make you proud of being my friend
    instead of being friends with a disappointment
    i promise
    i wish i can practice what i preach...
    bye

Last edited by SimpleScribe; March 28th, 2023 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sigh
    It's time to emulate my Southern gentleman grandpa for a moment.
    Sweetheart, you're fine. (He calls everyone he's close to sweetheart.)
    I get that's a whole cyclical afterlife deal, and he's basically the equivalent of a LB Patroclus. I just came in expecting... well, Patroclus. Not some otherworld version stuck in a time loop that barely has anything resembling the idea of Patroclus. It's an interesting concept and all that, befitting a concept contest, but it's just so far out of left field the two are inexorably divided. You're ideas are expansive and emotionally cored, and you have a crazy amount of creativity. I'm just very milquetoast.

If the AN actually comes partially from a place of sadness, raise that chin high, because basically everyone else loved it, and we're all waiting on the conclusion of your story.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleScribe View Post
    march forever onward

You are not my Son.

Voices and thoughts belonging to family he never knew plagued his mind. A single lone figure walks upon bone white remains. Corpses of clay span endlessly to a destination they can not see. The sword of bones in his hand scraped against the bodies of his failed iterations. Forever, Patroclus wanders towards his eternal penance as a Titan…

A rumbling of asphalt… A whirring of machinery… Something approaches from behind him…

Numbly, he turns to see…

A strange vehicle of locomotion, less advanced than the Titans’ technology, but… why was it here?

The dimmed window on the passenger side rolled down to reveal the vehicle’s driver.

Greetings, the One who knows Achilles best. I noticed your sluggish energy and have decided to render my assistance.

The engine ran as Patroclus simply stared at the man; his hazy mind was unsure what to make of it or the man’s extended aid.

The man simply sighs and smiles. A certain Witch of Colchis and her goddess has told me about you. The goddess merely gave me the road to find you and here we are.

The man nods.That’s right. The Goddess of Crossroads, but where are my manners? I haven’t even given you my name. Well… It’s not my real name, but I answer to it all the same.

My name is Sasaki Kojirou. Though I am aware of your own name, I’d like to hear it from your own mouth.

He is…

You are not Patroclus.

He is…

He is…

You are nobody.

Nobody.

Oh ho? A fellow Nobody? I greet you from one fellow No One to another.An old man in admiral garb leaned in from the back seats. He saw a smaller person seated beside the old man, but they were fast asleep. Captain Nemo, at your service.

The Old Man of the Sea laughed.I am honored to be compared to that man, but enough of me. Why not rest your feet?

His eyes glumly scanned the open seat before him. He looked at the man named Kojirou and found… no ulterior motives in his eyes behind the shades…

The leather seat was soft as the car continued along the road paved with his failures.

Mind sharing your true name, Mr. Nobody?Kojirou offered, his eyes glued to the endless road ahead.

His eyes stared ahead. His mind was numb. His hands were unresponsive. His sword was in pieces on the carpet at his feet.

Patroclus.

Oh?A touch of concern from the captain.And why do you think so, lad? What can I do to help?

Hm… A conundrum of Theseus then? I was informed of your plight and thought to compare the circumstances. Nemo ruffled his mustache.

Remember…

Aye. The fastest man in myth. The one you perform this eternal trial for. Nodded Nemo.

Another tear wetted the other cheek. The serenity of a muffled engine and the gently blowing air conditioner only lulled his eyes to flutter close.

You look like you have held back your feelings for a long time, friend.Kojirou observed both his passenger and the road. Why not close your eyes and sort your thoughts out before we can help you in full?

Achilles…

Whispered the Comet Runner’s other half before they drifted to the land of Hypnos…

---

The Gates of Elysium.

A single guard.

Achille-

---

His eyes fluttered open. Dark bags underneath his eyes. Dried water streaks on his face. The humming of a traveling car continued in his ears.

Looking back, he saw a girl in a single black hoodie. RAT was written on the hood.

I should mention that the Captain is riding alongside us because a fellow Captain asked him to.Kojirou was still driving with a smile.

Odysseus.

Aye. The man whose name derived the only word that can describe my journey called in a favor.Nemo nodded. Whereas this little one simply decided to tag along on her own accord.

The girl smirked.I heard from a couple of Greek great great cousins of mine that it was you who trapped them in cages while on the Black Fleet. You always secretly fed them and set them free on the next island you docked at. I have come to help you out after you helped my family out.

The Constellation giggled. You don’t need to worry about remembering it when I can vouch for you instead.She crossed her arms atop of the passenger seat’s shoulder and perched her chin on it.

So. What’s got you crying in your sleep, big guy? You were whispering your boyfriend’s name over and over like it was your last words.

It reminded me of my time alone on the Nautilus with only my books for company. Nemo nodded.

Boyfriend…

I am…

Scared.

I… changed.

Ah… I see.Kojirou understood as he expertly traversed a series of hairpin turns without even rocking the stability of the cabin. Your service here in Tartarus has deeply affected you.

Everyone changes, lad.The Captain said sagely.Whether it happens in between a moment or an eternity, everyone changes. I was only a mere prince before my journey in the abyss changed me into the man I am.

Shu hummed in delight. I was just a rat chosen out of all of my family. And in a split-second, I became the First Zodiac sign.

As for me…Sasaki Kojirou smiled at a memory only he saw. My training has molded me into the man you see now. We are the collective results of all of our life choices, but… I suppose you are worried about something related to that.

He nodded.

I don’t remember if…His frustration cuts off his sentence. I can’t tell if… His teeth gritted. I just… Am I Patroclus?

I…Patroclus can only shake his head.Sometimes… I remember. Sometimes I feel as if I-

Don’t belong anywhere in the World? Nemo finished the sentence for him. Even less, by the side of Achilles?

Feel like you did not earn your place in the World?” Shu awkwardly coughed.Like you only bluffed and cheated your way through?

Felt as though you do not deserve your name? Kojirou wistfully mused.As if you are an imposter who stole his name?

I…

Two mousy hands placed themselves on his shoulders. It’s okay. It’s all okay. We get it.

That is a question we have all asked ourselves once.A captain who carries the deaths of his lost crew silently mourns.

Sometimes I had wondered if I had truly existed beyond a wraith.The driver can only chuckle. But… then I say, “What a silly question.” I exist now. So that was that.

So… then what is the point of performing this… war for the Gods? Killing my family over and over. Dying over and over. Trying to reach for a Dream that doesn’t belong to me? Trying to perfect the idea of Patroclus?

The Swordsman who reached the pinnacle of his swordsmanship only chuckled. I think that is the wrong question. What you should ask yourself is not “How can I make myself Perfect for Achilles?”"

It should be, “Is my Love for Achilles true?” Nemo continued. I could have mastered every skill in the World and I will still be far from Perfection.

If you really love him, then everything else shouldn’t matter to you. Shu grinned.Perfect didn’t win me that race.

I don’t think Achilles wants the most Perfect Patroclus at Elysium.Kojirou shook his head. My own technique is far from that man’s idea of Void.

The car slowed to a stop. Outside the window was the next iteration of the Trojan War.

Another chance at Elysium. The River Lethe’s waters made waves that washed along the shores of Troy.

Without a word, his hand opened up to his driver. Six bones the size of knuckles sat on his palm.

My fare. He said.

Ah, I only did this for-

Thank you. All of you. I will repay you for this kindness in the future. I swear to you on the Styx.

The sounds of war filled the cabin. The passenger door closed. The Comet Runner’s Better Half has attempted another chance at Elysium.

He will make it eventually. He will arrive at that distant isle. The Captain of the Nautilus nodded so surely. Just as I have.

Their host and driver cleared his throat. Now… How do we wish to divvy these up? I see you two just as deserving of these as I am.Referring to the six bones in his hand.

Just one is enough to satisfy this old man. Grinned Captain Nemo, taking a single piece.

Second place doesn’t sound so bad…Giggled Shu, taking two herself. But first place will be mine someday. Legitimately. Just you wait.

Closing his hand on the last three, Sasaki Kojirou humored the Constellation. Of course, Goddess. Whatever you say.

The laughter of the two men meshed well with the complaining of the goddess as the car drove off into a cut in reality…

Fare Paid
    1 Knucklebone
    Captain Nemo

2 Knucklebones
    Shu

3 Knucklebones
    Sasaki Kojirou

an
    im sorry
    ill do better
    ill get better grades
    ill write better
    ill get a passing grade
    i promise
    ill promise to do better
    and fail
    and disappoint
    over and over and over
    i promise
    bye

YO THIS BANGS DUDE, GODDAMN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleScribe View Post
    march forever onward

You are not my Son.

Numbly, he turns to see…

He is…

You are not Patroclus.

He is…

He is…

You are nobody.

Nobody.

Patroclus.

Remember…

Achilles…

---

The Gates of Elysium.

A single guard.

Achille-

---

Odysseus.

Boyfriend…

I am…

Scared.

I… changed.

He nodded.

I…

My fare. He said.

Ah, I only did this for-

Fare Paid
    1 Knucklebone
    Captain Nemo

2 Knucklebones
    Shu

3 Knucklebones
    Sasaki Kojirou

an
    im sorry
    ill do better
    ill get better grades
    ill write better
    ill get a passing grade
    i promise
    ill promise to do better
    and fail
    and disappoint
    over and over and over
    i promise
    bye

How are you so good at this? Like, dude, not everything needs to be a fic (although I'm not complaning)
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

Blog Entries
    I have been extremely busy, so I won't be able to provide as much commentary on the sheets I'm giving points to as much as I'd like. If you'd like more of a word though, I'm happy to discuss it privately!

As for those top three:

1 point - Patroclus
    Fun and imaginative. Maybe you pushed the 'conceptual' story a bit hard, but I appreciate that your response to the prompt was 'go all-in.' Really, I'm giving it a point in spite of my distaste for long, narrative sheets. Kudos!

2 points - Shu
    I just think this is a novel idea. It really opened up the field in my mind with, 'Wow, I wonder how I'd write a Zodiac Heroic Spirit.' For the novelty alone, I'm giving it two points.

3 points - Kojiro
    I mean, this is just a great reimagining of a beloved character. The legend lives on-- as the time trial ghost that you just cannot beat no matter how many meals you skip. There wasn't a single turn here that didn't get a grin out of me.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

Blog Entries
    Voting ends in, idk, 10hours or so.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I apologize for the late announcement.
    I have no excuse. I just dozed off on a friday evening.
    Like an old man.
    The end is near.
    I see the april fools site this year and counting the votes during this music first thing in the morning as my punishment.

Oh right, the winners. This is really close.
    People also collectively forgot we vote for the creators here, but except royd, all had only one entry. So it was tolerable. Im a kind old man.

3rd place with 12 points is RoydGolden

2nd place with 12 points (but one more 3 point vote) is Gl4re

1st place with 13 points is SimpleScribe

You three are all winners with such a close result.
    I expect your prompt this momth Simple. Remember that the prompt for this contest is supposed to be simple, but how you present it is up to you
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    AYYYYYY congrats lads!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I apologize for the late announcement.
    I have no excuse. I just dozed off on a friday evening.
    Like an old man.
    The end is near.
    I see the april fools site this year and counting the votes during this music first thing in the morning as my punishment.

Oh right, the winners. This is really close.
    People also collectively forgot we vote for the creators here, but except royd, all had only one entry. So it was tolerable. Im a kind old man.

3rd place with 12 points is RoydGolden

2nd place with 12 points (but one more 3 point vote) is Gl4re

1st place with 13 points is SimpleScribe

You three are all winners with such a close result.
    I expect your prompt this momth Simple. Remember that the prompt for this contest is supposed to be simple, but how you present it is up to you
    Yeah, if I'd remembered that I wouldn't have needed my usual "vote for the entry with the most etc" spiel (which is exactly to prevent that). Congrats to the winner though!