Page 1 of 17 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 322

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Operation Shouwa Kishin "Gudaguda Ryouma Is In Trouble!" The Mystery of the Disappeared Nobu Head

  1. #1
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,678
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454

    [FGO JP Event] Operation Shouwa Kishin "Gudaguda Ryouma Is In Trouble!" The Mystery of the Disappeared Nobu Head


    Prologue




    Participation criteria: Clear Heian
    Event duration: November 17th 2021 ~ December 1st 2021

    Preliminary event page: Here
    Stream Youtube link: Here
    Event info page: Here
    Event pickup page: Here

    Story translations (by fumei):
    Prologue
    Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Chapter Three
    Chapter Four
    Chapter Five
    Chapter Six
    Chapter Seven
    Chapter Eight
    Chapter Nine
    Chapter Ten
    Chapter Eleven

    Additional information:

    - This event will include illustrations by Pako (source tweet).
    - Event page
    - Event guide by Enshael
    - New servant kits
    - Ranmaru NP
    - Izumo no Okuni NP
    - Event item drop locations
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 24th, 2021 at 07:49 AM.

  2. #2
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,605
    Stream is scheduled for Nov 17th as per news.fate-go.jp/2021/1112nico/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  3. #3
    Oh my gosh, I didn't think we were going to get a new GUDAGUDA this year.

  4. #4
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,841
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Oh my gosh, I didn't think we were going to get a new GUDAGUDA this year.
    Every year we doubt.

    Every year we learn not to doubt anymore.

    Yet we persist.

  5. #5
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,696
    What happened to muh ded gaem?

  6. #6
    I wonder what this event even has so that its LB5.5 clear

  7. #7
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,841
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by NeroFan View Post
    I wonder what this event even has so that its LB5.5 clear
    ...Abe no Seimei?

    That'd be pretty shocking though.

  8. #8
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,678
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    The Kishin in the event title pulls a double meaning between
    oni god
    鬼神
    and
    the Mechgods of Olympus
    機神
    .

    The Heian spoiler plot point is probably Ares's corpse landing in Japan.

  9. #9
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,841
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    It might still stand to reason that it's simply a way to get people to advance further through the story so they'll be ready for the next event. As was postulated when these were first announced.

    The GudaGuda events have never really been too closely tied to the main-plot, despite sometimes requiring them. I see no reason why they'd start now.

  10. #10
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,678
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    It's weird.

    Honnouji requires nothing because it has no reason to.
    Meiji requires nothing despite being effectively a bonus EoR. It should logically require Solomon for that, or at least Septem for the real that demon pillars exist.
    Teito requires Solomon because back then Romani's absence was enough of a spoiler to require the Solomon tag.
    Final Honnouji requires nothing because it has no reason to. Sion is relevant to it, but her need is dodged by the scripting tricks.
    Yamataikoku requires nothing because it has no reason to. It arguably spoils Meiji, but that also requires nothing, against DW's better judgment.

  11. #11
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,841
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    I was gonna say that all we have left now is to speculate spuriously around the event servants announced, but they're all just GudaGuda servants so it won't serve as much of a hint...

  12. #12
    What's a Shouwa Kishin anyways

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh nevermind, it's the Shouwa Restoration. Goddamn Nasu and his puns.

  13. #13
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,841
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    What's a Shouwa Kishin anyways

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh nevermind, it's the Shouwa Restoration. Goddamn Nasu and his puns.
    That'd be イシン not キシン.

  14. #14
    The background in the banner looks industrial and modern, so the 1930s Japan of the Shouwa Ishin might not be that far off.

    Sometimes I'm kind of amazed that despite the content itself being mostly gag, the settings of Guda Guda are so borderline political.

  15. #15
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,841
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    The background in the banner looks industrial and modern, so the 1930s Japan of the Shouwa Ishin might not be that far off.

    Sometimes I'm kind of amazed that despite the content itself being mostly gag, the settings of Guda Guda are so borderline political.
    Well, as far as I understand the Showa Ishin wasn't really a thing in reality. More of a political slogan of some who desired certain change with the ascension of the new emperor. This change never came to fruition.

    That said, Showa being in the title itself surely does mean that it takes place sometime during that time. The Showa era is quite long, but most recall the "golden years" of the 50-60s when you talk about it here in Japan.

    But I suppose the WW2 part of the Showa era could be represented too. As you say, it looks kinda grungy there in the banner, more of an earlier look.

  16. #16
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,696
    Not for nothing, but it would be rather nice if it was a QP event that we were getting. Hint, hint

  17. #17
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,678
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    What's a Shouwa Kishin anyways
    Shouwa is the era from 1926 to 1989, as you clearly already know. And Kishin was already explained here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Kishin in the event title pulls a double meaning between
    oni god
    鬼神
    and
    the Mechgods of Olympus
    機神
    .

  18. #18
    Yeah, I'm aware, but the title also mentions Ryouma, so Restoration is what I associate it with.

  19. #19
    Best old man Oz1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Spain
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Kishin in the event title pulls a double meaning between
    oni god
    鬼神
    and
    the Mechgods of Olympus
    機神
    .

    The Heian spoiler plot point is probably Ares's corpse landing in Japan.
    Every time there's a double meaning in the text it's a sign for me that there's a very high chance we're going to see this happening.

  20. #20
    X_X MaxAkito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    373
    JP Friend Code
    Private
    US Friend Code
    780978668
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Kishin in the event title pulls a double meaning between
    oni god
    鬼神
    and
    the Mechgods of Olympus
    機神
    .

    The Heian spoiler plot point is probably Ares's corpse landing in Japan.
    I'm almost certain this is the reasoning. I don't believe they'd mix the Heian characters into gudaguda, and this is a very reasonable explanation for the lock. If there's one thing about FGO I know, it's that the writers like shoving mechas everywhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •