Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Birth of new TYPE-MOON Wiki

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    ....what?

Having a document that not only has the actual source but then also references posts that elaborate on the information in that source further so that MORE people can understand is surely the OPPOSITE of gatekeeping, wouldn't you agree?
    Unfortunately, nowadays, "gatekeeping" is just synonymous with just having standards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Unfortunately, nowadays, "gatekeeping" is just synonymous with just having standards.
    The sad truth.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    ....what?

Having a document that not only has the actual source but then also references posts that elaborate on the information in that source further so that MORE people can understand is surely the OPPOSITE of gatekeeping, wouldn't you agree?
    It is the opposite, but I think the doc needs a dedicated pinned thread and a constantly updating TOC to rectify accessibility issues. Also, integration with a new wiki would be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Damn... never expected that. Good luck with it!

I agree with you, it's well overdue.

Is it still happening btw? Or is it just that people are busy and still don't have to time to start with the important stuff?

Blog Entries
    What is wrong with the Type-Moon wikia?
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

the tortured magi department Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher Attic View Post
    What is wrong with the Type-Moon wikia?
    The actual "articles" have to be taken with a grain of salt because the people who run it have a certain interpretation of things that may be fanon-y to outright inaccurate. However, it is not the worst place in the world to look for very quick references, especially if you rely primarily on the sources/footnote links rather than the editorializing. However, efforts to edit it to make it more accurate tend to be reverted by whoever keeps their finger on the pulse. At least, that's my understanding.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    A lot of misinformation among the more mainstream fanbase originates from the wiki, and I frequently run across it in YouTube comments sections, and its difficult at times to combat given how pervasive it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Is the ORT being Type-somethingoranother (one of the important ones I think) confusion I had a symptom of this?
    Last edited by Cypher Attic; December 25th, 2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: QUESTION MARK! NOT! PERIOD!!!
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

It's gotten less worse. Nowadays, I just use it to look up birthdays or trivia and some art though.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    I sense a lot of elitism here. Imagine thinking that you know so much that you know more than the wiki.

Yeah I get it, Type moon lore is problematic because it's convoluted and many sources for neat info is in untranslated source books or interviews. But even so the wiki is alright for basic info. No doubt it can be improved but to just say that everything is wrong is a bit much.

My solution would be to work with the writers to make a speculation section. Stuff that is confusing should have the vauge parts broken down with serveral (good) theories about what the truth could be. This is the most interesting part about the nasuverse and having on a wiki page is way better than having it in a 500 page thread on beast's lair

Blog Entries
    The wiki is fed by people with about the same potential level of knowledge as the ones doing the elitism. A wiki isn't some curated science journal, it's just nerds trying to be a bit organized.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    I sense a lot of elitism here. Imagine thinking that you know so much that you know more than the wiki.

Yeah I get it, Type moon lore is problematic because it's convoluted and many sources for neat info is in untranslated source books or interviews. But even so the wiki is alright for basic info. No doubt it can be improved but to just say that everything is wrong is a bit much.

My solution would be to work with the writers to make a speculation section. Stuff that is confusing should have the vauge parts broken down with serveral (good) theories about what the truth could be. This is the most interesting part about the nasuverse and having on a wiki page is way better than having it in a 500 page thread on beast's lair
    The wiki's considered bad in any dedicated community, not just BL, friend. That's what unsourced (and headcanon/made up information) does.

Doesn't it still have completely made up shit like Counter Magic that's a misunderstanding of magic energy lol.