Thread: Has there even been a fanfic that tried to rewrite/merge all 3 routes of FSN?

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Has there even been a fanfic that tried to rewrite/merge all 3 routes of FSN?

I was surfing for a bit but couldn't find a thread for me to simply ask a question in or try and browse for an answer on my own. Has anybody tried to write a fanfic that combines events and plot points from all three routes of FSN into a comprehensive timeline? Not talking about making things fit with canon, but a version that tries to keep as many things as possible and only cuts things based on the author's discretion. (Like how it's physically impossible to have Shirou romance all three girls at the same time, unless you go for polygamy I guess, so a writer might make Shirou pick none of them and remain single or choose one they think fits their version of the story more.)

The idea always intrigued me.

- - - Updated - - -

The title is meant to be "Has there ever* been" instead of even.. hence I don't know if anyone has done this before.

Blog Entries
    idk about fics, but what comes to my mind is the OG Deen Fate/Stay Night anime, which attempted this more or less.

Blog Entries
    Oh I know about the DEEN show, though I was always thinking of how a fanfic that can be as long as it needs to be (as opposed to an anime adaptation) and written by someone with a lot of passion for the original would look like.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Deen Fate/Stay Night

Beat me to it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chaos Theory contains a lot of elements from all routes, even though its supposed to be 'Illya route'.

Blog Entries
    Could you delve a little deeper, like what sort of elements?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    On the villain side it has both Shadow stuff and Gilgamesh stuff, so in that sense.

You'll have to excuse me though it has been so long since I read it that I can't recall any clear details.

Blog Entries
    No worries. I've honestly had so many ideas but due to how cripplingly lazy I am, I was hoping I could find something that already did what I was imagining. Though I might check it out either way, despite something I always liked such as Kyrie's showdown with Shirou in the Fate route being pretty cool and could've been remixed with the HF version for a more grandiose fight overall. Stuff like that, that just comes up when I think about the concept but I guess people might've been discouraged from devoting themselves to a fusion of all three routes because of how poorly DEEN's attempt was received.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Chaos Theory contains a lot of elements from all routes, even though its supposed to be 'Illya route'.
    I was going to say the same, amusingly.

Could you delve a little deeper, like what sort of elements?
    Generally, it draws most-heavily from Heaven's Feel, while mixing in some UBW elements. This is most obvious in some of the early parts, before things diverge further from canon routes.

Mild spoilers, first 7 chapters

Early chapters act a fair bit like Unlimited Blade Works, with Shirou using a Command Seal to stop Saber from attacking Rin, and Archer/Shirou resonance.

We also see some of Shirou's... chivalry with Saber, which is reminiscent of Fate (because he doesn't encounter Berserker when walking home from the church, unlike in UBW)

Finally, the Shadow plays a very important part in the plot.

I wouldn't say it's really an attempt to merge the canon routes, but it does draw elements from each of them, while going to do its own thing, and I'd highly recommend it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Escavalien View Post
    people might've been discouraged from devoting themselves to a fusion of all three routes because of how poorly DEEN's attempt was received.
    Contrary to the memes, Deen FSN is honestly pretty good. First half might be slow and boring, just like the OG VN itself, but episode 11 or 12 onward the pacing gets better and it all pays off. I'd say it does a pretty good job of making use plot points and elements of other routes.

Blog Entries
    I was planning on watching it eventually, but I guess that might have to get bumped up on the to do list then.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I haven't fully read the FsN manga, but I hear that it incorporated the Heaven's Feel content better than Deen did.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I haven't fully read the FsN manga, but I hear that it incorporated the Heaven's Feel content better than Deen did.

hum ...form what i recall the manga is a fate and UBW amalgam intent, but mosty Fate , the HF content limits itself to Sakura revealing herself as rider master last minute, also her backstory is implied to be much softer .

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I've contemplated the idea in the past, with a few innovations of my own to adapt for otherwise irreconcilable differences between the routes and to hit on a few themes I find appealing (e.g. making Dark Sakura a completely independent entity from the original Sakura such that she is forced to confront and fight her dark side directly rather than having Shirou do it for her. However, I do not consider myself ready to tackle such a prospect yet.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    I've contemplated the idea in the past, with a few innovations of my own to adapt for otherwise irreconcilable differences between the routes and to hit on a few themes I find appealing (e.g. making Dark Sakura a completely independent entity from the original Sakura such that she is forced to confront and fight her dark side directly rather than having Shirou do it for her. However, I do not consider myself ready to tackle such a prospect yet.
    Doesn't Dark Sakura being completely independent undercut the idea that Sakura is meaningfully struggling against her "dark side" if it's basically a whole other person? Unless you mean it's still born from her resentment and emotional issues that eventually spawned off into a separate entity.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Doesn't Dark Sakura being completely independent undercut the idea that Sakura is meaningfully struggling against her "dark side" if it's basically a whole other person? Unless you mean it's still born from her resentment and emotional issues that eventually spawned off into a separate entity.
    The (extremely simplified) version I had going in my head is that she was able to hold herself back from killing Shinji at the last moment, but rejecting her inner darkness caused it to reject her in turn, allowing it to manifest as an independent entity hell-bent on destroying everything she loves to spite the "real her" and actively working to bring Angra into the world alongside Kotomine so she can make everyone feel her pain. (Given that they share the same goal, I see no reason why they would not ally with one another as this version wouldn't care about the priest's role in making her who she is.)

Think of it as something akin to the Shadow Selves in the Persona series- it's still born from her issues, but views itself as its own being and possesses a murderous hatred for the original, or as it calls her "that helpless, weak-willed bitch who could do nothing but sit on her ass hoping her precious senpai would make all her problems vanish for her".

(This version of her would also have no love for Shirou, instead holding him responsible in part for her pain for not taking her away from the Matou household. A couple other ideas I had included the Shadow Sakura getting the worms after they split under the logic that "corruption calls to corruption", and instead of tearing Zouken out of her she absorbs him instead, mockingly telling him that this was the immortality he always wanted even as he is left completely powerless and imprisoned within her corrupted form...and Zouken realizing only too late that his dream had become a nightmare. )
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; April 28th, 2022 at 09:10 AM.