Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [EN] Lostbelt 5: Atlantis: Ancient Ocean of the Dreadnought Gods (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The anagram was a huge push thanks to Nasu's history with this kind of naming, but what got me supporting David is Daybit for real was the bit on the final Bluebook scene where he muses about his hyperthymesia. The comment about how "everyone called me a genius" matches the first thing we hear about Daybit, and him explaining what hyperthymesia is by claiming he can remember his friends' smiles in vivid detail hits the exact same level of cheesiness Daybit reached when he claimed his friendship senses warned him that he needed to save Pepe.

There's also the also the connections between the alien, the void element, and Brishsan, but that's a pile of interconnected assumptions.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The anagram seems like a stretch but him being from Nevada is definitely interesting. Though my first assumption would be that he's not David but the one shooting him.

Honestly I can't wait to get more on both of them. Bluebook has been one of my favorite sections of LB since the first one.

US Friend Code
    Damn Orion and Jason were brutal in the Caenis fight.

Relevant to section 11 arrow 3:
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Done with Astraea's trials, and meeting Achilles and Paris. Nice statues by Muramasa, and also discussion between him and Rasputin regarding Pseudos. But Rasputin seems to be the only one there whose vessel assume full control of the body, so he should've known Shirou. He might just be pretending, though.

I was dumbfounded when my Avengers hit Astraea neutrally and lost. I had to retry, but this time with Jack and double Skadi plus BBHotep card-lock. Managed it in 2 turns. Thank goodnes other Class also hit neutrally instead of resisted.

Finally, a fixed party setup. Only struggled with Mash/Chiyome team, and had to use Quartz since I'm impatient and out of CS. I know that we need to rely on Chiyome's Curse-stacking to beat them faster, but the team always died before it worked.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    In the absence of any disclaimer in the title and/or opening post, standard spoiler policy should apply, guys.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Just done with Chiron's first fight, no MC and CS. It's not too hard with Skadi + Bradamante and Napoleon.

Spoiler:
    Corday's fight is much harder in comparison.

Also, True Orion is fully ascended. His Skills are still low due to low QPs, but I'm getting to at least lv6 for each.

US Friend Code
    I totally get why people love Mandricardo and I do like him a lot but Jason is absolutely the highlight character of this chapter. He's gotten such a good showing in the battle scenes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    In the absence of any disclaimer in the title and/or opening post, standard spoiler policy should apply, guys.
    Right, seems silly to have this apply in a thread discussing the latest story chapter, so I changed the OP.

US Friend Code
    Finished. Powered through in 2 days so I could focus on Endwalker over the weekend without splitting my attention between this and that.

Spoiler:
    This was just as good as everyone says. I don't think there's a specific single scene that topped Patxi's death or Jinako's isolation, but on the overall this has become my new favorite of the Lostbelts that are in NA. The character writing for everyone was great (except Bart, I don't know why he didn't get anything more than his same joke over and over), and Jason was the shining star. Cannot believe what a dramatic improvement he was over Okeanos without really changing the core of his character. I loved every single scene he was in, especially when he was doing battle strategy. Orion also got some real good characterization after only being a joke for the last four years, and indirectly Artemis too through those flashbacks.

I do wish Poseidon had more presence than just being the final boss, though I also understand he was basically lobotomized so isn't much of a character anymore. I also think it was an off narrative choice to have Chiron be the last man standing beside him instead of Odysseus when Odysseus was the main force hounding us throughout the chapter. Not a problem really, but it felt like a weird choice to me. It still worked out though, and allowed for that last conversation between him and Jason.

Also despite most of the chapter probably being the easiest Lostbelt so far, the last Poseidon and Chiron fight kicked my ass more than anything except maybe Karna vs Arjuna.
    Last edited by Reign; December 3rd, 2021 at 01:36 AM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just started tonight. I can never set aside enough time to do the 6 prologue chapters. So far the only thing I can say is "So this is why everyone wants Orion". First time using him I looped his Np so that one 57k monster left got stomped for like 600k damage. Fucking Yikes.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    IIRC, he was likened to Inshun done right, or reverse QSH. For the former, I assume that it's because his kit is crucial for a Crit-focused unit with self-support NP. By having starbomb and generating stars per turn, it guarantees his Crits to land. For the latter, it's self-explanatory, a soloer that trades away sturdy defense for potent damage. But like Inshun, QSH also struggles to produce stars for consistent Crits, and True Orion's kit is the answer to that.

Spoiler:
    I totally didn't expect Charlotte to be the servant summoned by Ody. The boss battle was quite easy. Used NP2 Caster Nero, Da Vinci Caster (Support), Xuanzang NP1, Gogh and Hercules with his BCE. I still feel bad what happened to her. Fuck Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Finished. Powered through in 2 days so I could focus on Endwalker over the weekend without splitting my attention between this and that.

Spoiler:
    This was just as good as everyone says. I don't think there's a specific single scene that topped Patxi's death or Jinako's isolation, but on the overall this has become my new favorite of the Lostbelts that are in NA. The character writing for everyone was great (except Bart, I don't know why he didn't get anything more than his same joke over and over), and Jason was the shining star. Cannot believe what a dramatic improvement he was over Okeanos without really changing the core of his character. I loved every single scene he was in, especially when he was doing battle strategy. Orion also got some real good characterization after only being a joke for the last four years, and indirectly Artemis too through those flashbacks.

I do wish Poseidon had more presence than just being the final boss, though I also understand he was basically lobotomized so isn't much of a character anymore. I also think it was an off narrative choice to have Chiron be the last man standing beside him instead of Odysseus when Odysseus was the main force hounding us throughout the chapter. Not a problem really, but it felt like a weird choice to me. It still worked out though, and allowed for that last conversation between him and Jason.

Also despite most of the chapter probably being the easiest Lostbelt so far, the last Poseidon and Chiron fight kicked my ass more than anything except maybe Karna vs Arjuna.
    Spoiler:
    Eh, Bart's one joke was repeated a tad too much, but there were a few interesting tidbits to his character, like the fact he believed he was basically pointless to history, even in terms of being a pirate, despite being arguably one of the most successful ever.

US Friend Code
    Done with the chapter. Had Spishtar and double Skadi carry me through it mostly against mobs. Even at neutral, her NP buff stack really helped punch through last wave enemies like nobody's business.

Spoiler:
    The last three fights against Poseidon were pretty hard, I needed to put up Ignore Invul CE. Though Bradamante's stun property really helped kept Chiron from using his NP before he's beaten.

Personally, a cliffhanger after such a big fight is annoying though.

I by mistake used a SQ as revive. I wanted to save scum :/

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I have to say, I really wish I hadn't been spoiled about some things back when this first rolled in JP, because the story is actually pretty good about not being super predictable (largely by avoiding obvious 'this will be a twist later' foreshadowing, which is nice). Bunch of good character development despite juggling a dozen characters too, which almost never works in FGO.
    Up to section 15 and nearing the final climax now, can't wait to see Orion's big or Grand, even scene.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Done with Atlantis

Spoiler:
    I loved the story. Fights were really easy except Chiyome and Mash force support, had to use revive there. Poseidon Core fights were pretty easy for me. Hercules with BCE at backline made me win and used Neros in all respective fights. Though I got depressed when Charlotte scarified for us :/ Super Orion losing his grand status to defeat Artemis was also awesome. I wonder how hard Olympus would be!

I have not finish this chapter yet. I'm in sect.23 at the moment. I has not been to hard. I used Tamamo (she just past 11 bond points) and Space Ishtar to clear most and Emiya (Assassin) for a certain boss. So far I have very much enjoyed both the story and characters. I will write more when I finish it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by NeroFan View Post
    Done with Atlantis

Spoiler:
    I loved the story. Fights were really easy except Chiyome and Mash force support, had to use revive there. Poseidon Core fights were pretty easy for me. Hercules with BCE at backline made me win and used Neros in all respective fights. Though I got depressed when Charlotte scarified for us :/ Super Orion losing his grand status to defeat Artemis was also awesome. I wonder how hard Olympus would be!
    Olympus is basically a CQ run disguised as main story. And worse still, there's a lot of battles with mandatory support member, so better be prepared with your best servants.

summary for Olympus fights
    If in Atlantis you only indirectly fight the mechanical gods, in Olympus you're facing the rest head-on, three in total; Demeter, Aphrodite, and Zeus himself. And there are plenty of tough fights in-between, like Dioscuri and Europa, plus you have to fight Wodime again and win.

I'm glad I managed to pull True Orion, and hope he makes some fights there bearable.

Enkidu works best for some boss fights in Olympus if you have him.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; December 5th, 2021 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Olympus is basically a CQ run disguised as main story. And worse still, there's a lot of battles with mandatory support member, so better be prepared with your best servants.

summary for Olympus fights
    If in Atlantis you only indirectly fight the mechanical gods, in Olympus you're facing the rest head-on, three in total; Demeter, Aphrodite, and Zeus himself. And there are plenty of tough fights in-between, like Dioscuri and Europa, plus you have to fight Wodime again and win.

I'm glad I managed to pull True Orion, and hope he makes some fights there bearable.

Enkidu works best for some boss fights in Olympus if you have him.
    I see. Lets see how hard they are gonna be. This is my Chaldea atm. Ofc, I will 10/10/10 Ozy during lotto, add Good Wife Wise Fox CC on OG Nero, Jeanne Heal CC on Nero Caster and Critical CCs on Hercules. I also have Lobo, Circe and Salieri at 8/8/8 and Xuanzang at 5/1/5.