Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Titanomachy Rebirth - The Fourth Toll

Blog Entries

"You're wrong about one thing, right about another. Swimming? No, I've never considered it swimming. I'm sinking, trying to get to the bottom. I get deeper and deeper, trying to reach the sand in the depths. But I can't get there. It's impossible alone, but I need to get there. There's something down there waiting for me, until I get there I'll never have amounted to anything, and that's the answer to your little question. And that's why if I see someone with the potential to weigh me down enough, who I can chain to my ankles like a sack of cement, I'll take them with me. So if you say you'll deliver me..."

"Let's play a game."

Blog Entries

Oshiete, Tomomi-sensei! Lore Recap: The Warped World's Inhabitants

Oshiete, Tomomi-sensei!

Tomomi:
    Welcome, everyone. First of all, let me begin this lecture with a celebratory greeting:

Tomomi: Here's three cheers for the return of the Titanomachy! Onii-chan, our story isn't getting axed before the completion of the first arc after all! How wonderful is that?

Taichi: Hmph. As if I could be cut down by something as weak as the death of an RP.

Tomomi: Um, no... We were quite dead indeed. And after we'd gone so far, too... Uuu, I'd just gotten my hands on a wonderful book... Don't you get it, Onii-chan! A whole new world of mysteries and hidden knowledge, operating on never-before seen principles! I was so eager to learn Magic!

Taichi: It's unnecessary for you to learn something so barbaric and dangerous as Magic. If there's any problem that needs solving, I will cut it down for you.

Tomomi: Thank you, Onii-chan! I love you! But... How do you plan on cutting down anything without a sword?

Taichi: My very body will become a sword to cut down God if needed!

Tomomi: Right... Leaving aside my narcissistic megalomaniac Onii-chan, let's all celebrate Titanomachy's return with a warm welcome to all newcomers! And we have quite a few, with a whopping total of 20 players! I heard that Cyrus in particular was quite shocked by it. Isn't that curious, Onii-chan? He almost never shows reactions of any sort.

Taichi: Hmm...

Tomomi:
    Onii-chan... Don't tell me you're acting emotionless just to appear cooler than Cyrus...

Taichi: ...The wind is blowing today.

Tomomi:
    Right... Without further ado, let us begin the lecture!

---

The Warped World, Monsters, Inhabitants and Survivors

Something was strange. You woke up from a long slumber, body and soul aching after your transient detachment from reality. As you came to your sense, the surroundings seemed much the same. Same hallways and windows, same neatly arrayed desktops and chairs facing towards the dimly fluorescent whiteboard. Yet a shiver crawled down your spine nonetheless. Your breath misted over as you looked beyond the classroom and towards the windows that kept it lit. They glowed an eerie teal, their lights pulsing like strobes as they drew you in closer and closer. Possessed by curiosity, you couldn't suppress the urge that drove your feet towards it, and as you gazed outside...

-You beheld the Broken Sky, and knew your world was no more.

The Warped World is the dimension where the bulk of the RP takes place. Though I call it a dimension, the truth might be somewhat more complex than that. It is a fantastic place, as great as it is terrible, full of deadly monsters and magical wonders alike. Though the monsters and threats do take up a rather large majority of what is to be found out there.

In the Warped World, time and space behaves differently to our reality. You can get lost for hours in some strange hallway only to finally escape and discover that only a few minutes had passed for your friends. Though some locations remain static, others change seemingly at random and with no known explanation. It is dominated by the overbearing presence of a broken sky, filled with spiderwebs of teal cracks through which an endless light pours from.

However, if it was just a matter of its odd behavior, the Warped World wouldn't be so scary. The main threat to one's life in the Warped World comes from the creatures that inhabit it, both monstruous and not so much. Countless dangers roam across the wastelands and it is important that you understand the nature of each to successfully survive.

Monsters are the most common threat to be found in the Warped World. They are a catch-all term for all the various creatures you will encounter that you cannot engage in any form of diplomacy with, rendering your only alternatives to avoid, incapacitate or destroy them. Monsters can range from zombies to slimes to giant horrifying dragons and are universally dangerous for your lifespan. Some exceptionally strong unique monsters are called Legendary, and can reportedly wipe out entire armies on their own. One would think that encountering a Legendary Monster should be rare though, so it's unlikely that we will run into one early on. Right?

Inhabitants, on the other hand, are natural-born sentient species that inhabit the Warped World. Unlike monsters they can be safely engaged in diplomacy, though whether this diplomacy will be successful at all is up in the air. Some are really no better than Monsters, and in all honesty most Monsters could be considered Inhabitants of a sort. While there are all sorts of inhabitants such as youkai and fairies, the most common civilized Inhabitants are those who are part of the Six Great Factions which dominate the Warped World. I'll be getting into those later.

Finally, there's the Survivors, other transported humans like you or me. In the Warped World, a human's entire existence is tied to their ability to survive. Thus, humans are no longer known as humans but Survivors. Those who strive to survive in this world often end up discarding their own humanity after all, and things such as Vampires or half-demons or half-angels aren't exactly uncommon amongst Survivors. By far the most common type of Survivor, however, are the Enhanced Humans: humans which have been empowered through contact with some supernatural force.

A word of warning. Just because there are other humans in this world, that does not mean they are to be trusted. The Warped World has a way of fraying the sanity of those who live in it for long, and the number of humans who have been turned into ruthless Survivors that will lie cheat and kill others without mercy for their self-benefit is small. Learn to pick your friends, because a mistake could cost you your life.
    Last edited by Erlkonig; December 28th, 2021 at 09:12 PM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

“I am the burning light of justice that illuminates the dark void of this world! As long as I still draw breath, I shall not suffer any wrongdoing! Criminals and wretches be warned: the Masked Shounen is hunting. And you are his prey.”
    - Some Fool in Spandex

Blog Entries
    Gentlemen, I am changing Tomomi's FC.

Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A'ight, let's get this done with.

Those who are missing yellows are: Franny, Vri, Plue, hero, Ark, toby, Alliceron and Eru.

Start badgering me from tomorrow onwards through discord so we can get em done.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!