Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Titanomachy Rebirth - The Fourth Toll

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Titanomachy Rebirth - The Fourth Toll

“With the First Toll, those holding true power came. They rampaged against the world, and devoured one another. They defied the powers of the world, and perished amidst mountains of corpses.”

“With the Second Toll, came those with souls of steel. In the harsh world they toiled and survived however they could. They sought their predecessors, and crowded around them. But they were not those favored by fate, and their luck was rotten and their doom was foregone. Death rained from the sky, and the Monsters hunted and hunted. Finally they fell to strife, and unity was never achieved.”

“With the Third Toll, came a void in the shape of a man. He who was the Hollow Man, that could only exist through the eyes of others. He who could be called the first true scion of Unknown. Around him the Survivors crowded, and he raised his sword once again and faced off against the apocalypse skies. And yet his rebellion never arose, and he fell to a knife in the dark, coming ever so close to fulfill the destiny of the Survivors.”

“And then came the Fourth Toll, the final ringing of the bell. There came those with powerful wills, the strange ones, scions of Unknown all. In their prison the Titans stirred, and their shadowy hordes awoke. The plots spun across the centuries edged to their closure.”

“Break the chains of destiny. Transcend the shattered skies. Learn the Truth.”

“Avert the Nightfall. Do not look towards the Sunrise. Claw through the darkness towards the Dusk.”

“The Second Titanomachy shall begin.”

“Let’s meet once again, in the place where the Spiral ends.”

What is this about?

Look, I blame Spinach.

Welcome everyone, to what might be my final roleplaying project in this forum. This is a remake of the Critically Acclaimed Forum Roleplay Titanomachy, which I started almost exactly 8 years ago. A long time has passed, and now the time has come to revisit it once again.

If anything goes wrong again it is 100% Spinach's fault, I swear.

In Titanomachy you are a student of Zeus Experimental High School, in a certain city of Kansas, USA. Created by a certain eccentric man, this school was created by the single-minded purpose of fostering talent over anything else. The theory is that by making a school filled only with students that are talented in any kind of field (be it physical or intellectual), they would push one each other to surpass their limitations, and keep going through the path of talent. How such an idea got government funding and backing, nobody knows, but the fact is the Zeus Building was erected in midst of the city, and opened its doors five years ago. You are one of the many talented ones studying there, and life is as normal as it could be...

Until, of course, everything changes. After a strange tremor makes the school shake, it will be ripped from our world and transported to a new and strange world, and all of the students and teachers within will come along for the ride. There, you'll have to face a situation of desperate survival, while obtaining new and strange powers, and fight against creatures that seem to have been taken from the myths of our world. And soon, you will find yourself playing against a complicate mesh of allegiances between many factions, in order to look for what is best for your continued survival.

This is a dark shonen style RP. And it is going to be rough. The odds are against you. Survival is a victory by itself. You're going to get out of most fights bloodied and barely clinging to life. Expect plenty of weird eldritch bullshit that you'll have to punch in the face or face-like appendage. This game is all about crawling through the darkness to reach the light. If you want to think of it as a Souls-like RP, you wouldn't be exactly wrong, but hopefully you'll manage to get a fate less tragic than the characters of that game series.

Yeah this RP is anime as fuck despite being about a yank school in murderworld.

Rulebook?

Here.

As always, credit to Sei for the base system I employed. Credits to Erlkonig, Airen and Katie for rulebook feedback. Credit to Leo for the original banner. I reserve the rights to change any mechanics involved and correct any mistakes. Ask me any doubts you have through discord: I am in both the Roleplaying server and the Quest server.

Deadline and Slots

The deadline for the sheets is two weeks from now. That is, December 24th. I can extend the deadline if needed, but I'd rather not, as I wish to start the game by early January.

There's no hard limit for slots. I will grab any sheet I find interesting, and I reserve the rights to decide what I find interesting and what I don't. Veterans from the first game that hadn't quit by the time it died have a priority:

Erlkonig, hero, Airen, Spinach, Frantic, Katie, Vritra, Bloble, Mormarth, snax, Plue, Arkturus and Palad1n.

Still, even if all of them rejoin, due to grupal nature of most of the RP, there's plenty of space for newcomers or other returnee vets and I'm going to suffer like a bitch for the Prologue and First Day but hey, it's worth.

I'd like for all sheets to be sent to me through PM in this forum if possible, for archival purposes.

Availability and Schedule

My own schedule is subject to change and somewhat irregular. My university likes to consistently pull some absurd bullshit on me, for one. And admittedly my health is not the greatest. Still, I will make a schedule to update twice per week, and will do what I can to make sure that there'll be one update per week at the bare minimum unless circumstances are extremely irregular.

For now, my update schedule is Tuesday and Saturday.

The schedule is subject to change as it will shift from semester to semester depending on my classes and how things look like once I'm able to land a job.

I will however try to update almost daily for the Prologue and First Day portions of the roleplay.

Regarding player availability, I won't be super strict about it, but I'd like to get a post every two weeks at least. I think we all know how the pacing of pbp RPs is, and know that if you want in on this, you're in for the long haul. So take that into account before applying.

Links:

Titanomachy wiki: https://titanomachyrp.fandom.com/wiki/Titanomachy_Wiki

Players:

Airen - Rika Griffin
    Frantic - Johnny Justice
    Morm - Alexandra Gray
    Spinach - Cyrus Ferdinand
    Erlkonig - Masaki Tomomi
    Bloble - Jordan J. Jones
    Pally - Kaguya
    Katie - Eleanor Lansing
    Vritra - Ishmael Freeman
    Plue - Eilian Aubrey
    hero - Masaki Taichi
    Ark - Olivia Reeds
    Toby - Neru Sume
    Sei - Sakura Sumeragi
    Tang - Myo
    Vorbis - Lorelei Weber
    Alliceron - Xavier Augustus
    Eru Erufu - Aaron Arturio
    Zagrin - Aster Hunter
    SnowSpartan - Willow Durand
    Last edited by RacingeR; January 14th, 2023 at 12:21 AM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    blame spinach

pog

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's time
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Yamete onii-chan!
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    based
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

I can't believe Spinach brought this back through the power of memes.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    As an answer to the question of whether you can be part of Zhong's gang or the Student Council as a backstory thing, yeah, you can.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Guys help what is the God Stat and what is the Dump Stat?
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

God = What lets you do cool things
    Dump - What you think won't let you do cool things, but then you see someone else pump it and you go 'shit i should've pumped it'

Blog Entries
    Do I need to know anything about the previous one
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Do I need to know anything about the previous one
    Not at all. Don't worry, nobody here understands the entirety of Titan's lore- Not even the GM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    You're suggesting that there are going to be at least 13 spots here...

WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME HOPE, RACE?!
    WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU?! Besides that time I [REDACTED], I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, time to make an H.P. Lovecraft-style protagonist who's too curious for their own good.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    so i made a sheet let's see how it turns out

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Guys, I miss
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

have you tried rolling better

Blog Entries
    Why not?

I'll put together a sheet once I get a moment.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Jesus fucking christ Race I kneel
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    Countdown here.

The clock is ticking...

quotes