Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mangustin View Post
    Hello. I would like to mention that I'm running into the same issue of having the installer stuck at 70%. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.
    Make sure to use the uninstaller of the newer installer, and then reinstall via the old installer on the old thread: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...timate-Edition

Make sure to only select the "Merge" option because the newer versions of the patches are to be manually installed from the MEGA link on the OP of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_lightning View Post
    I'm sure somebody has already request this before but I couldn't find it in this thread or the old thread: is there a way to get the Japanese script without using KrkrExtract? Windows Defender flagged both it and KrkrzExtract as Win32/Tnega!MSR, and I'm too worry to add it to the exception (I know, Defender isn't that good for catching new virus but at least it doesn't give many false positive so I still like it).

I can't remember how and when but I extracted? / got a hold of a copy of most of Japanese and English script of some version of the Ultimate Edition, but at least a file is missing: セイバールート十一日目-15.ks, which I suspect correspond to the section "11th Day: Ruins in the forest - Dragon`s core" since none of the other files looks like it. And I kinda need that file to cross-check with the English file.

If there are no way to extract them without KrKrExtract, could anyone upload that file somewhere for me please?

Edit: Oops. "Dragon`s core" is セイバールート十一日目-18.ks while "Boy meets girl & girl" is セイバールート十一日目-118.ks. 15 has never been an actual file.
    The reason why it is flagged is because it will hook and patch the game executable.
    KrkrExtract uses a common chinese library "MyLib" that is also used in other executables, that may be a reason why it will get detected.
    It is fine to add it to exclusion.

You may be able to use GARbro to extract the file. Be sure to select "No encryption" or "unencrypted" or the file will not be read correctly.

Thanks a lot, it worked now. I also managed to get the newer fate route translation that I was looking forward to.

I managed to extract the old (2019?) patch.xp3 with a tool called AE, which is good enough for me. Using it on the newest patch.xp3 resulted in all .ks files having weird content inside, which I think is hex? Like this "fefe 02ff fe7a 1c00 0000 0000 00b0 8300". I distinctively remember someone mentioned that the newest Ultimate Edition version had script encryption in place, guess AE couldn't handle it. After finishing the VN I'll try GARbro, thanks Alyinghood.

I am not sure if this has been reported yet, but when playing with 16:9 aspect ratio enabled, some scenes have the top of the image appearing at the bottom of the frame. See example photo.

https://imgur.com/6HXlNb4
    This is at Intermission Tohsaka Rin (VI) and other scenes where the black bars appear.
    Last edited by BEEFY JOE; March 20th, 2022 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEFY JOE View Post
    I am not sure if this has been reported yet, but when playing with 16:9 aspect ratio enabled, some scenes have the top of the image appearing at the bottom of the frame. See example photo.

https://imgur.com/6HXlNb4
    This is at Intermission Tohsaka Rin (VI) and other scenes where the black bars appear.
    This is a known issue

Reading the scenario script, I notice some [ruby] tag has o2o=1 in it. Does anyone know what their purpose is? Sample line:
    [line3]ここでは、光の速度で[ruby text=いま o2o=1]思考が過ぎる。

Reading the scenario script, I notice some [ruby] tag has o2o=1 in it. Does anyone know what their purpose is? Sample line:
    One to one placement

What determines the availability of the quality multiplier options? I can only pick 1.6x, and I was wondering why the others are greyed out. Is it just me, or does the patch just not support higher quality options yet?

Quote Originally Posted by xidrion View Post
    What determines the availability of the quality multiplier options? I can only pick 1.6x, and I was wondering why the others are greyed out. Is it just me, or does the patch just not support higher quality options yet?
    It didn't support higher resolutions yet. The next version will offer 2.0x, 2.4x and 3.0x as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    One to one placement
    Sorry, I don't understand... Could you expand on your answer please? And oh, is 1 here representing a boolean value or are there other values like 2, 3, 4? Just curious.

Sorry, I don't understand... Could you expand on your answer please? And oh, is 1 here representing a boolean value or are there other values like 2, 3, 4? Just curious.
    Displays one character in ruby for one main character. Value is coerced to integer and checked

Displays one character in ruby for one main character. Value is coerced to integer and checked
    Ehh.... So for example for this line:
    [line3]ここでは、光の速度で[ruby text=いま o2o=1]思考が過ぎる。
    い will be displayed above 思 and ま will be displayed above 考, right?
    And if o2o=2, then い will be displayed above 思考 and ま will be displayed above が過, is that correct?

Ehh.... So for example for this line:

い will be displayed above 思 and ま will be displayed above 考, right?
    And if o2o=2, then い will be displayed above 思考 and ま will be displayed above が過, is that correct?
    If o2o attribute exists and is not set to "", "0", "0.0", "false", "null", or "void", then い will be displayed above 思 and ま will be displayed above 考.

If o2o attribute exists and is not set to "", "0", "0.0", "false", "null", or "void", then い will be displayed above 思 and ま will be displayed above 考.
    Could you have me with this? I'm trying to understand why would a ruby tag with ・・・・・・・・ would be used here, but the best I can think of is that the thinker here (Shirou) is unable to display his thought properly, hence the ・・・・・・・・, and Nasu then clarified it.
    これ以上は望めないという至近距離からのつるべ打ちは、今度こそ本当に、黒い狂戦士の息の根を 止めた。
    いや。[lr]それは豪快に、文句のつけようもなく、命を[ruby text=・・・・・・・・ o2o=1]弾き飛ばしていた。

Could you have me with this? I'm trying to understand why would a ruby tag with ・・・・・・・・ would be used here, but the best I can think of is that the thinker here (Shirou) is unable to display his thought properly, hence the ・・・・・・・・, and Nasu then clarified it.
    Could be. Or maybe it's trying to convey that Shirou himself didn't even want to picture the graphic details of how the `blowing away of life` happend, so the dots might mean some sort of self-censoring? Like, softening the impact by not spelling it out entirely? And by this hinting to the reader the true gruesomeness of the process.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; March 25th, 2022 at 07:54 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The consecutive dots are for emphasis. Not unlike how we would use italics or bold in English.

それは豪快に、文句のつけようもなく、命を

This is how it would look when processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    The consecutive dots are for emphasis. Not unlike how we would use italics or bold in English.
    That's a new one. Is this a conventional Japanese thing or just a Nasu thing?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The former.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a new one. Is this a conventional Japanese thing or just a Nasu thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    The former.
    As Nanashi says, it is a common feature in Japanese writing.

Though it is a rather modern convention IIRC.